• Published 12th Jan 2018
  • 1,284 Views, 10 Comments

The Twelve Caves from Displacement - TrashTyping



Soon after Starlight became Twilight's student, the Mane 6 discover one of hidden twelve caves scattered all over Equestria. In the shadows we both smirked in anticipation, finally! Things were going to be more interesting. (Displaced HS AU)

  • ...
7
 10
 1,284

To Troll or Not to Troll?

Author's Note:

A/n:Heya! I'm back with another chapter, just wanted to bump this into two chapters as soon as I could because soon I'll be very busy with school and I just wanted to get this up before I forget to do it or I'm too busy. I hope you enjoyed, i dunno what else to say on it but yeah. Bye guys.

Trash


==> Be the other guy

{II. TB's PoV.II}

Waking up fuck knows where with your best friend with a killer headache was a rare occurence for me, usually it was because I was strictly being the voice of reason and sanity compared to PH's craziness and blatant disregard for her own being. I thought she tricked me into drinking, again...

But apparently this was not the case when I open my eyes to see a very realistic Handmaid in front of me calling me, asking me, 'TB'. Only one person calls me TB anymore and it clicked, it clicked again the moment I saw my hand black as night and nails yellow claws.

Remembering hurts but I try to anyway as I frantically check myself over, confirming that yes the skin was mine despite being pitch black and these were my hands, limbs, dear god what did PH do this time, was the main question in my head as I processed the fact of this situation.

Then PH goes to look at herself and faint.

In all honesty, I wanted to do the same but the sight of her, Handmaid or not, fainting and falling back unto the ground kept me from doing the same because my idiot of a best friend fainted in the middle of nowhere and that was not a good thing. Standing up was a problem because the moment I tried to scrambled to help PH or maybe even catch her, I end up back on my ass because, woah my limbs are bigger and longer.

I am not the tallest person, nor am I a shortstack. Between the two of us, PH is a couple of inches shorter than me to my delight and her displeasure. And she was 25 years old where I was 23, it was the same when we were teens. Anyway, point was, I was taller.

I never realized how much taller the Psiioniic would be, but I'd have to think and realize about that later because dammit my best friend fainted and we didn't know where the fuck we were, we were out in the middle of nowhere somehow as trolls and NOT just as ANY trolls either but we'd get to that another time because right now, I had to help PH and find somewhere safe.

Standing up slowly, I look around and see nothing but flora around us. We were at the very edge of a forest and we awoke on a soft patch of grass, which was lucky with our headaches and weirdly aching limbs. Speaking of headaches, being taller messes with your sense of gravity and balance and getting to used to the added height was like wearing heels with extra inches more than your comfortable with! Especially if you were once a 5'6 human who is now a 6 something troll...

Later on I found out I was 6'6 and wow trolls were tall.

But anyway, with that put into light I began to stumble towards my unconscious best friend who was slumped against the grass who was laying on her back, I carefully move towards her making sure I wouldn't stumble over or on her. Looks like PH got taller as well, her limbs were definitely longer and bigger than before so she's going to like that but I know I'm still taller than her, hahahaha that'll piss her off that I'm still taller than her.

I stood over her unconcious figure, trying to figure out on what to do. As I do though, I finally notice that PH is wearing a different dress, it wasn't the canon chinese-esque Handmaid dress that was in the comic. It wasn't green, not totally anyway, and on the side of her dress right over her heart, or the area where the human heart is supposed to be? Was the symbol of the Time Aspect, a bright red gear.

My head nagged and I looked down to my own outfit, finally realizing I was wearing a cloak and that my outfit was different from the Psiioniic's original outfit, for one the originally black lines on my outfit was more of a very dark green now looking closer but the yellow was still a bright yellow. But in the middle of my chest was the symbol of the Doom Aspect, a pure black spiked ball that almost looked like a cartoony skull.

Didn't... Didn't we wear... this during the... convention?

I winced as my headache grows even more at the thought for a painful second before settling and I blinked, yeah. We, we wore these to the convention! We.... were at the convention, we were cosplaying as the Handmaid and the Psiioniic this con and...

I groaned as my head pulsed irritably, no use trying to remember anything else currently besides I still needed to get PH and I to a safe place or like try to make sure we don't die this day. So I set to do that, lifting PH from the ground, she was heavy but it wasn't much of a problem surprisingly but I paid that no mind as I steadied myself along with her beside me, hanging on to her as I slung her arm around my neck for support.

And luckily for us, I managed to drag us to a nearby small cave that was empty. It looked big enough for the both of us to rest as comfortably as we could so it'll be our camp for now, I had to crouch a bit to get in but the inside was a bit bigger than it let on in fact there was a natural lake hidden deeper in the cave when I went to check it out later! All the better for me so I wouldn't have to crouch all the time or bang my head against the ceiling and with the lake I guess water problems won't be much of a problem. I gently laid PH against the cave wall before noticing it was a bit chilly inside the cave, PH getting sick was the last thing I needed with all this craziness.

Did trolls even get colds? Or at least, their versions of colds? I didn't want to know nor risk finding out so I took off the cloak... Dear sweet jesus and jesus, this was Signless' cloak. Or a very realistically made replica of Signless' cloak!

As much as I wanted to go crazy over this, I needed to make sure PH didn't get sick so tearing my thoughts from that train I quickly covered PH with the cloak as a makeshift blanket. After that, well I didn't know what else to do after that besides check out the cave and discover the natural lake hidden inside it.

Something tells me that our lives might become so much more complicated than it already was before.

==>TB: Return to the present and check on ponies


We try to get back to the present but instead we go a bit into the future where the mane 6 are accompanied by the Princesses.

"This is wonderful! After all these years, the cave of the Signless has finally been found!" Celestia exclaimed, excitement coloring her tone as she and Luna looked around. It wasn't just the Princesses though, they both brought a few historian ponies, archaeologists, a few scientists and a couple of the Royal Guard who were all marvelling at carvings and the statue! One pony even nearly fainted in excitement! And he was a Royal Guard who was a fan of the Alternian caves.

"Eeeee! We know!" Both Twilight and Starlight squealed as they and the others watched the historians, archaeologists and scientists roam around, taking it all in and trying to find anything else interesting. The royal guard that almost fainted, a pegasi by the name of Rock Wall who underneath the custom royal guard illusion had an orange coat and dusty brown hair with dark brown eyes, looked twitchy and looked positively ecstatic as well as a bit embarrassed when Princess Celestia chuckled and told him he could take a closer look as well.

His partner and the other royal guard, a female unicorn by the name of Metal Rush and underneath the illusion had a bright blue coat, magenta eyes and short purple hair, politely declined Princess' Celestia's offer and was content to stick by her side while her partner looked around. He had always been excited by things like these, if he hadn't made the Royal Guard he would've been either a historian or an archaeologist.

"This reminds me of the time sister and I found the Dolorosa's cave," Luna said with a grin, examining the preaching statue of the Signless with a close eye, "We had mistaken her for a true living creature and almost nearly destroyed her in our panic." she admitted as she and Celestia blushed at the memory.

"Wait, why? I mean the statues are realistic yeah but they're made of stone! How could you mistake a statue for a living creature?" Rainbow asked confusedly.

Celestia chuckled, "Well we were little fillies back then and the cave was very dark, we only saw the statue because of its unique glowing and thought it was alive with her statue's unique white glowing skin and yellow and jade eyes. And technically Starswirl was the one who nearly destroyed Dolorosa's statue though he had the thought of protecting us in mind so it was a natural instinct." She smiled as she gazed at the statue with a look of nostalgia, "We found out it was a statue when I casted a spell to give light to the cave which revealed all its glory to us."

Fluttershy gasped, "That's right, the Dolorosa's statue does glow in the dark! I completely forgot about that! I don't blame you for being scared Princess Celestia, t used to scare me a little back when I was a filly on our field trip to her cave, when they turned off the lights to show the Dolorosa's giant statue glowing brightly. I thought the statue would come to life when I first saw it!" she said with a small blush, looking down as she remembered her embarrassing memory of her shrieking at the sight of the statue's realistic glowing in the darkness of the cave but at least she hadn't been the only one scared back then!

Rarity nodded, recalling it as well, "Yes, her statue is quite beautiful and I loved how they made her dress. I've been trying to replicate it and modify it to fit ponies for my latest work!" she said happily, thinking back to the dress that the statue had been wearing, it was so unique and inspiring! She oh so wanted to make a replica and equine version of it, and she currently was!

Then she frowned as she recalled the ending of the Dolorosa's story within the cave, "It's a shame that she recieved such an ending... She was an amazing mother and didn't deserve that! Poor Dolorosa..." the others nodded solemnly as they too recalled the end of her story.

It was one of the most heartbreaking stories known to ponykind, the story of a mother raising her child who became so important in life only to lose her child, her freedom, her very life to a horribly sad ending all because of some stupid system that was so important in Alternian culture.

The cave told stories of how she came to be, of how she worked in a cavern with other 'jades' and how she found the Signless as a baby. She ran away with him and began to raise her on her own which somehow was not a concept that the Alternians were familiar with, apparently they were raised by special and specific animals called 'lusii' that raised the young instead of the adults which baffled the ponies at first before accepting but still, no adult raised their young? Not even the offpsrings they produced?

It was weird and no one knew why yet but someday they would figure it out. There was a popular theory a long time ago when they found out that Alternians were insect-based, that only the Queen or ruler of the Alternians could provide an offspring thus continuing their species but it was shot-down when they found holes in that theory within the caves.

Anyway, as the story told in apparently the Dolorosa's point of view, showing them all how she raised the Signless. Dodging 'highbloods' and violent Alternians and keeping the Signless safe in fear someone would find out the mutation that Signless held that apparently if someone found out, he would have been killed which was exactly what happened at the end of her story of which where she was taken and then sold of to become a slave to a highblood. Another thing to know was that the Alternians were a violent, cruel and hostile race, and that apparently specific mutations to their species were either accepted or rejected to the point of death which once again baffled ponies because of such a thing, they didn't believe in peace either.

The ponies were mostly a pacifist race and the thought of somepony getting enslaved or getting killed because of a silly genetic mutation seemed overkill! But apparently the Signless' mutation was so threatening or so appalling that the 'highblooded' Alternians killed him for it and not only that but because Signless was preaching for peace for their violent race and equality for 'all bloods whether highblooded or lowblooded'.

Historians have been wondering about blood for years because of this, of how important it was to the Alternians that there was a hierarchy based on it! From lowbloods to midbloods to highbloods! Were they referring to their ancestral blood legacy? On their noble-ship?

Another question's answers that they were looking for within the caves for years but maybe, just maybe, the cave of the Signless would hold answers to so many of the questions that plagued the minds of ponies everywhere whenever the Alternian caves came to it.

"Your majesties!" All three princess along with the rest of them turned to the incoming ponies that ran towards them.

It was Rock Wall without his helmet which rendered the illusion null without it, with an archaeologist pony beside him, an earth pony with a dark blue coat and messy black hair and bright blue eyes who's name was Dust Mark. Both skidded to a stop before the three princesses of Equestria.

"We've found another room connected to the cave!" panted Dust Mark as he and Rock Wall looked a bit uncomfortable, "I think, you should come see. It's... well." Dust looked away, a sad and grim look on his face with Rock Wall mirroring him.

The looks on their faces made them nervous but they'd go see what was all the commotion.

"Take us to the room." Princess Luna ordered before following both stallions with everyone else behind her.

There was a sinking feeling in their stomachs, what they were going to see was not going to be nice. And it really wasn't


In a location unknown...

"... They've opened the room, the one containing 'The Suffering." She informed the other, a grim look on her face. The Handmaid, or PH, looked at The Psiioniic, or TB, who paused from his book.

Psiioniic silently closed the book, breathing through his nose, after a moment he said, "Really now? Welp, let'th thee their reactionth." He said with a strained smile. Handmaid frowned and narrowed her eyes.

"Are you sure? I know you don't like that statue, hate it even, we can always wait and I can record their reactions for you later." She told him softly which had him shaking his head.

"I'm thure, thideth I want to thee. Ponieth reacting to the tthit we made ith alwayth great. Err, well you made thith on your own... I couldn't..." he trailed off with a pained look on his face.

She shook her head and gently rubbed his cheek, "Shoosh, I know. You couldn't, not with all those painful memories in your head and before you argue with me about this let's watch the ponies okay? We can argue after." Psiioniic nodded his head and they both smiled before the Handmaid's eyes began to glow as she took a glowing stick into hand and pointed at the air.


It wasn't nice, it was no way nice except for maybe the artistic and very realistic way it was made but that just added to the not-niceness.

Within the room was a giant statue, it was more than statue however, it was a combination of a wall carving and a statue and it depicted one of the most saddest and heartbreaking moments within recorded and translated Alternian history in frighteningly realistic and artistic form.

It was of the of the Signless' execution.

Everyone gasped at the sight and everyone had tears in their eyes at the sight of it, Fluttershy began whimpering loudly and beggining to sob, Rainbow was angrily wiping her tears away, Applejack silently taking of her stetson and just as silently crying, Rarity was ruining her mascara but that didn't matter as she cried, Pinkie lost her bright smile and was crying just as silent as Applejack and Starlight was covering her mouth in horror.

Twilight looked on with wide eyes as tears fathered, Luna looked on with both anger and sadness and finally Celestia looked at somberly with a tear sliding off her face. Around them the gathered archaeologists, historians and both royal guards were in similar states as the they all stared at the statue slash carving.

It showed the execution, it showed a mysterious Alternian called Darkleer who's cave has yet to be found adn was stoicly pulling back his bow and arrow aimed at the Signless who looked so angry shouting out his last words into the air all the while struggling against the shackles that kept him chained and burnt his wrists as was mentioned in one of the caves. It showed him angry yet sad as whoever made this showed how beaten, injured and emotional he was on the execution alter as they even carved his angry tears, hanging slightly in the air because of the chains above him forged in a way that held his hands firmly in their grasps.

It showed the realistic expressions of all three Alternians who were the closest to the Signless, the Psiioniic contained and powerlessly struggling against the ones holding him down with strange goggles that were said to drain his psychicly telekinetic ability and forecefully kept him powerless as he tried to rage free, to try and free his best friend. The Disciple, who looked desperate and fierce, trying to fight off her captors and reach the Signless and how injured she was in her efforts in trying to get to her lover. And finally the Dolorosa who looked devastated glowing weakly in her struggle with an arm outstretched to her son, her child whom she raised from the beginning only to be held back by seemingly hundreds or arms and thick bodies of Alternians.

A middle aged archaeologist pony stepped up, a mare unicorn named Rune Word who had a pale grey coat, long black hair and dark green eyes. Rune Word stepped forward and wiped away her tears, gaining their attention. "It's called 'The Suffering'." She said quietly as she pointed to a plaque with strange lettering on it right below the the heartbreaking statue, "It... It obviously depicts the Signless' execution or at least, moments before his execution." She continued before pausing and shaking her head, "There's more ancient letterings behind the Signless on the stone pillar that's holding him up and there's even more beside the... carving. That's all we can find so far without magic your majesties, who knows what else there is in here." She reported, bowing her head.

Celestia sniffed and wiped the tear and nodded, "Thank you Rune Word, I and the others will leave translation to you and your colleagues capable hooves. I believe... that the rest of us shall leave you to your work." She said, glancing at the her pupil and her student along with the rest of the mane 6 who were sniffling, Luna as well thought she did her best to hide it.

Rune Word bowed and nodded towards the others and they slowly got to work, wincing as they kept glancing at the terribly magnificent work of sad art.

"Come my little ponies, I think we all require some fresh air." Celestia gently prompted, leading them out of the room and away from the sad sight. Wordlessly they followed her suggestion and were back in the main cave chamber where the giant statue of the preaching Signless stood, standing proud and tall and unharmed unlike his counterpart in the other room.

Despondedly, they could only stare at it as they thought of how wrong it was for him to die at the end like that. Someone as great as the Signless didn't deserve to die, he was only trying to spread peace and equality to his species...


"... Heh, I guetth we made them like the Atthetthtor'th thtory too much." TB said with a strained and forced chuckle, "I--" he was cut off by PH who hugged him tightly.

"Shut up, it's not just the 'Ancestor's story anymore and you know that. It was never just that the moment we came here, it became our story or at least we became apart of it and it doesn't matter how long it's been or if it's even our original story. You and I both know that." PH said bitterly, smiling a bittersweet smile that Psiioniic mirrored as he nodded.

"Yeah yeah I know... Thankth Maid." The Psiioniic said hoarsely, bi-colored eyes tearing transparent yellow tears, "No matter how many timeth or how long or even the fact it'th not thuppothed to be mine... it thtill hurtth even after all thith time." he whispered as he hugged her tightly.

The Handmaid shooshed him, letting him break ever so slightly from his normally controlled self unto her shoulder. "I know honeybee, I know..." she murmured, rubbing his back while taking a glance at the glowing white circle that showed the mane 6, Starlight and the two sun and moon Princesses.

"I know..."

==>Go years in the past and be PH


(***YEARS IN THE PAST BUT NOT THAT FAR INTO THE PAST AS IN THE BEGINNING BUT STILL PRETTY FAR INTO THE PAST***)
{V. PH's PoV .V}

I sighed as I looked at my wooden carving.

It's been a couple of years since we got into Equestria, which we confirmed when we spied and found a few ponies wearing old clothing moving around though we were flung far before Equestria even started. The three pony tribes distrusted each other and there were a lot of fights between the three pony races, Equestria wasn't even founded yet. And who knows how long till that was!

Currently I was looking down on a wooden carved figure of myself, or well, the Handmaid anyway. I've been carving a lot lately, there wasn't much to do in the far past where technology was non-existent and getting bored as so easy now if we weren't doing our best to survive and not die. TB was out hunting, it was his turn to hunt and I had nothing to do.

Our cave changed over the time we stayed, it's been personalized as animal fur and pelt laid on a comfortable pile in the warmest part of the cave and I figured out how to make paint from the plants and other things around us so I was painting a lot and I carved wooden figures and sometime even stone if I was really bored in my sparetime.

I was quite artist before we were sent here, well I did art as a hobby really and I learned sculpting and carving a few years ago and now I tend to carve stuff when I'm bored and I don't have a book and I have all the right tools.

I now had a complete set of the Homestuck Troll Alternian Ancestors in my disposal, though I would have to paint the Handmaid figurine and finish painting the Grand Highblood's wooden figurine. I turn to the wooden table I made a year ago that's standing strong in our cave and looked at the 12 wooden figurines that I carved from scratch.

I cringe at the word 'scratch' as I winced, head spiking in pain as Doc Scratch came to mind. May the floppy bastard burn in hell with all the fuckers. Anyway, with that aside I closely look at the figurines before looking around at our cave that became our home and looked back to the figurines and my eyes sparkled as an idea came to mind. And instantly a make-shift handmade chisel appears from my sylladex and into my hand.

I wonder....

Boredom can lead to interesting ideas, but before we can get to that I guess you want to know how we got here in Equestria and what's happened during the years you've skipped and what the hell a sylladex was right? I gotta tell you, it wasn't pretty those years and what we've found out kind of disturbed us, still disturbs us and we're slowly coming to terms to it right now!

Alright then, let's go back to the very beginning where both my best and I made the mistake of spending money on shady as hell stall...

==>PH: Remember