• Published 10th Jan 2018
  • 638 Views, 14 Comments

Broken Shards - Imagination Ideas AEG



Imagination Ideas is contemplating hurting and killing herself. Will Autistic Pony be able to save her in time?

  • ...
3
 14
 638

Making A Few Friends/ An Appointment With Dr.Wolf

"You are the most popular Princess' personal assistant. How could I not know you? There is newspapers about you all over Equestria. You are also the sole reason why the Crystal Empire is saved, Spike the Brave and Glorious if I am not mistaken," Imagination said.

" That is all true, no need to thank me, just a hero doing his job of saving everyone from complete doom," Spike said.

Twilight walked in giggling, Imagination soon joined in. Spike looked at both of them and groaned in frustration. Twilight took a seat at her throne. Imagination sat in Fluttershy's throne and Spike sat in his throne.

"My name is Imagination Ideas, I love art, writing, dancing and animation. It is nice to meet you Twilight, and Spike. I heard from other ponies you don't like being called princess, so I didn't call you that. Do you want to be friends? I absolutely love what you have done for Equestria," Imagination said smiling.

"Hello, Princess Imagination Ideas, I know who you are and what you did for Equestria, and thanks by the way. I read it in a book, that I found in this castle about you. Anyways, of course I would love to be friends with you. They don't call me the Princess of Friendship for nothing. I got a text from AJ that you have depression and other mental health conditions,"Twilight said.

"Yes, I do unfortunately. I really don't want to talk about it. What have you learned from your books about art? I would like to teach you some things I know. You might be able to write a book about it, by the time I finished teaching you everything I know," Imagination said.

The pair of Alicorns went on for five hours learning from each other about their topics of expertise.

AJ knocked on the door and shouted, " It is almost time for the appointment. It is actually 5:16. Come on we need to hurry if we are going to make it there in time!"

"Nice, meeting you Twilight and Spike, have a nice night, I really have to go," Imagination said.

Imagination and AJ walked out of the castle and closed the door behind them. They ran through Ponyville and to Dr. Wolf's welcoming office.

Imagination and AJ walked to a couch in his office.

"Tell me what's on your mind Imagination," Dr. Wolf said.

"Dr. Wolf I have a problem. I need help with dealing with thoughts of suicide and self harm. It seems to get better at times, but at others it is too overwhelming. I watched the video you made about depression and it isn't the advice I need. I need something more specific, " Imagination said.

Dr. Wolf asked, "Could you explain a bit about what you wish to discuss specifically?"

"I had a complete mental breakdown recently. I could barely even function in everyday life. Things such as grooming myself, eating, drinking and doing work were a struggle. How could I have an appetite with my mind in such a state?

The thoughts about hurting myself were so persistent that I honestly considered killing my self. I even started to come up with plans for it. For example using a knife to... ah.. the PG friendly version of it is that I would use the knife to stop my heart from beating. Or running myself over with a car. Or cutting myself... until you know. I was really close to doing it. If not with supervision from my loved one, I would have taken my own life. These thoughts still come wrecking my joy.

I thought about how it would be like for my loved ones if I did pass away. It does help a tiny bit, but eventually they come back. I tried doing what I love, which is art. But try as I might, I couldn't do art, when depression ate my creative drive and inspiration. I tried keeping myself busy, but it the thoughts still come..

What will happen when my loved one won't be able to help me or are not around to help me? Will I end my own life? That is what is wrong, " Imagination said while crying.

"I am really worried about her. Will she be okay? I just want her to be okay, " AJ said concerned.

"I think she will be. It sounds like you've been through quite the ordeal, Imagination, " Dr. Wolf said.

"You could say that," Imagination said.

" I am reminded of a comic on the internet, made by Calmchowder. I have a printed version of it hanging on the wall of this office. I would like you to share your thoughts on it after you are done reading it. I will further elaborate on it, after you are finished," Dr. Wolf suggested.

"It is very interesting and inspiring, but what do you mean by it? Please let me know," Imagination said.

"Depression has been hurting you for a long time, it has beaten you up to the very core. It has insulted you until you believe the things it tells you. You have no hope left, and have no self worth.

You tell me it is too hard to even live right now, I need some advice. You tell me that you are helpless, when that isn't true.
All struggles have made you stronger, and wiser. You are most certainly not worthless or helpless!

I will give you advice, and you will live. You are the one who is conquering this, not me. I just only gave you the advice.
That is my take on it. You will have to struggle a lot daily, but I know you will make it through this. I also have prescribed some antidepressant and an emotional therapy animal. This time next week my friend," Dr. Wolf said as he handed the prescription to AJ.

AJ grabbed it with his magic.

"Okay that sound great. Dr. Wolf, I will take your advice. And thank you so much for helping me," Imagination said.

"Yeah, thank you Doc. You could have saved her life," AJ said.

Author's Note:

This story is based around my real life struggle through depression. The conversation with Dr. Wolf is actually based of a real conversation I had with him.

Here is the link to the comic: https://imgur.com/PLoLXUc