• Published 5th Jan 2018
  • 342 Views, 13 Comments

Equestrias Forever - Pentatonic



Equestrias from different universes are being destroyed by an unknown force. Now a rag tag group of ponies must come together to save them all.

  • ...
 13
 342

Chapter 9

Equestria 52

Rain pelted the ground as the Master’s ponies set up the totems. The work was a little harder with the rain but they knew they would have to make due.Time was limited with the knowledge that they could be attacked at any time and failure would not be accepted twice.

Tsunami was watching all of this from a good distance, the other members of the team behind him. He’d had a plan coming in and was currently verifying that things were as he expected.

“Alright.” He began. “They’re expecting us to attack so our strategy from last time won’t work. Since they’re looking for us, let’s give them what they want.”

He turned to Chrysalis and continued. “I want you to draw the attention of the guards and lure at least some of them away. With their forces divided, we can attack, giving me time to take out the totems.”

The changeling queen transformed into Applejack. She gave a bit of a smirk to the real AJ before going to distract the guards. The apple farmer dug her hoof into the ground, trying not to lose her temper again before turning back to Tsunami for the signal to attack.

“The most important thing,” he continued, “is that we follow them as they escape. It could be our chance to get to the Master.”

“Well if you wanted to meet me, you should have just asked.”

They turned at the surprising additional voice to find the Master herself standing behind them, several guards surrounding her. At her side, a look of sadistic joy on her face, stood Chrysalis.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Chrysalis hissed. “It seems I mixed up ‘distract them’ with ‘lead them right to us.’”

She was met with looks of shock, disappointment, confusion and anger. Everyone knew how selfish and evil she could be but they’d figured her desire to prevent her own destruction would keep her in check. Applejack, however, was not surprised in the least.

“I knew you’d try something.” She sneered. “I shoulda finished you off when I had the chance.”

Chrysalis smiled even wider, her sharp teeth becoming more visible. “It’s really a shame you were all so slow. She came to me shortly before you did and we made a deal. I play along with you on your little quest. Then, in return, the Master makes a place for me and my changelings in her new world.”

“How?” Tsunami asked. “How did she know we were coming for you?”

The Master stepped forward, using her magic to hold up the list Scout had stolen.“I really must thank you, Tsunami. After everything you’ve already done to help me, this list made defeating you so much easier.”

“What’s she mean by that?” Spruce asked.

Before an answer could come, they were swarmed from all sides by guards. The shock from Chrysalis’ betrayal and the surprise attack left the team struggling in battle. Rainbow was the only one able to quickly adapt with her battle experience but even she couldn’t handle the overwhelming odds while trying to help her teammates as well.

The fight only lasted moments but it felt like a lifetime before the Master and her team withdrew. Once he had oriented himself, Tsunami looked to see the totems were gone as well. The realization sunk in that she’d never intended to drain this world. She just wanted to lure them in. But then, why would they leave them?

“Twilight’s gone!” Yelled Screwball in a panic.

Things were going from bad to worse. Not only had Chrysalis betrayed them but Twilight had been taken. The team was breaking down physically and emotionally. Things were about to go further south as Rainbow confronted Tsunami.

“What did she mean about you helping her?What haven’t you been telling us?”

Screwball stepped forward and spoke. “I don’t think this is the best time to bring that up.”

“No.” Rainbow responded. “This is exactly the time. He brought us all together but we still know nothing about him or what he has to do with that psycho.”

Tsunami let out a sigh and turned to the group. “You’re right. You all do deserve to know the truth. The totems, the teleporters, and everything else she’s been using...I designed them for her.”

Before anypony could say anything, Rainbow slammed her hoof into his face, knocking him to the ground.The others hurried to hold her back as she screamed at him.

“You gave her the tools to destroy my world?!Everypony I knew and loved is dead and you continued to act like you had nothing to do with it?!”

“I’m sure he can explain himself.” Applejack said before turning to him. “You can, can’t you?”

Tsunami picked himself up and looked away. “She’s right. It is my fault. If it hadn’t been for me, none of those worlds would be gone.”

He leaned his head against a tree, a tear in his eye.

“On my world, I was a genius inventor and would be the first to tell you about it. I was so convinced of my own greatness that I would create anything ponies asked for, just to show them I could.

“One day, the Master came to me. She told me about a world she’d discovered that was dying. She thought if we could borrow small amounts of power from other worlds and give it to her, she could use it to save the dying one.I jumped at the idea, both for the challenge and the praise I could get from saving a world.

“Needless to say, she was lying and once I’d created the totems and the teleporters to get her there, she drained the world and destroyed it, keeping all the magic for herself.Once she had the design, she had other ponies to make more, all happy to help her. I tried to destroy the initial machines but I was no match for her and barely survived.

“That’s when I found Starswirl. He had followed her but was too late to stop her. He told me about the pocket world and I managed to get us there. Then we started planning a way to stop her.”

The others looked at him, most with sympathy. Rainbow turned away, still clearly furious.After a moment, Spruce walked over and places a hoof on his shoulder.

“So what are we going to do now?” She asked.

He looked up. “We’re following them and getting Twilight back.”

The others looked at him, confused.

“I knew Chrysalis would be useful on the team but I didn’t fully trust her either. I planted a tracker on her. We can get to their HQ, save Twilight and finally stop the Master.First, we need to go back to the base.”

Rainbow turned back and joined the group again. “I’m not one for detailed plans but I hope we’re not just going to rush in.”

“No, I have a plan.” Tsunami responded. “And just to be safe, I’ve even got a plan B.”