• Published 5th Jan 2018
  • 342 Views, 13 Comments

Equestrias Forever - Pentatonic



Equestrias from different universes are being destroyed by an unknown force. Now a rag tag group of ponies must come together to save them all.

  • ...
 13
 342

Chapter 3

Equestria 1

Twilight sat down before a pile of books. Her princess duties had kept her pretty busy but now she had some free time and planned to make the most of it by catching up with sone reading. She’d given Spike the day off and really hoped it wouldn’t lead to another incident like the one with Applejack.

She pushed those thoughts from her mind though. She’d been looking forward to this break for weeks and nothing was going to spoil it for her. But her live was never that easy.

Before she could even crack open her first book she was interrupted by a flash of light and sounds of a crash from the next room. No one else was in the castle. She rushed to investigate.

She entered the kitchen to find two ponies amidst a pile of pots and pans on the floor. One of them, a pegasus, was covered in armor and wearing a helmet. The other, a unicorn, did not have his face covered but she had no idea who he was.

“I apologize for the mess, Princess.” The unicorn said, stepping forward. “Our aim was slightly off.”

Twilight stepped forward to meet him. “Who are you two? How did you get in here? And what do you want?”

“My name is Tsunami Blue and I need your help.”

Tsunami explained the whole story which Twilight found fascinating. She'd visited an alternate world before but a unicorn with the power to destroy them? It didn’t seem very likely.

Finally, she raised a hoof to stop him. “Listen, I’ve seen some crazy things in my life but I can't just go along with every pony who comes to me. I assume you have proof of all this.”

Tsunami smiled. “Of course, Princess. My proof is her.”

He was pointing to the pegasus standing to the side. At his urging, she removed her helmet and Twilight gasped.

“Rainbow?!”

It was Indeed her friend Rainbow Dash, but she was different. She was missing a wing and a chunk of her ear was gone. Her hair was completely different as well. Not the color, but the style. She’d just seen Rainbow this morning and she was the same Pony she’d always been.

“It’s true.” Twilight sat down in shock over the sight of this Rainbow Dash. After a moment though, her mind began to work and she started circling Rainbow, questions pouring out of her mouth.

“What happened to your wing? What’s your world like? What am I like there?”

Before she could continue, Rainbow raised a hoof, creating a bit of distance between them.

“Listen,” she said. “I’m sure you’re a great pony and all. The alicorn thing is kind of awesome too but I’ve never seen you before. I’ve never even met a Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight turned back to Tsunami who began to explain.

“In her world you never left Canterlot. When the Crystal War started, you put your mind to use planning strategies but you never went to Ponyville. So you never met Rainbow Dash or any of your other friends.”

Twilight looked down, dejectedly and imagined her life without her friends. Then she though of her world ending and never seeing any of them again. She couldn’t let that happen and vowed to do everything in her power to ensure it wouldn’t.

“I’ll help in any way I can.” She declared.

Tsunami smiled. “Excellent. Then we shouldn’t waste any time. Our next recruit awaits.”

“Who are we getting this time?” Rainbow asked.

“A truly strong pony. The strongest there is.”

  • - -

Equestria 71

The three pony team landed inside a small lab in the heart of Maretropolis. Twilight had been excited to visit another world but after the trip she just wanted to curl up in a ball from the sickness she felt.

“So who are we looking for here?” Asked Rainbow who had already begun adjusting to the travel.

“There’s a scientist here by the name of Spruce Spanner.” Tsunami explained. “She’s going to be very useful, both in her knowledge and her fighting ability.”

Rainbow chuckled. “What good is an egghead in a fight?”

Twilight, getting back on her hooves glared at her.

“Miss Spanner is not your average scientist. When she gets angry-“

Before Tsunami could finish, the door to the lab opened and a grey coated pegasus stepped in. She stopped short when she saw the visitors. This was the new recruit.

Tsunami stepped forward and started his very familiar explanation. However, before he could get very far into it, another portal opened and a new group of ponies appeared. Both Spruce and the team were surprised. Before any of them could react, the new ponies attacked.

Rainbow, accustomed to war, was quickly in the air fighting back, Tsunami was also quick to enter the fray while Twilight began firing energy beams from her horn. Spruce, still not certain what was happening, backed away. There was a lot of important equipment in here and she didn’t want to risk getting angry and making it worse.

Two pegasi attacked Rainbow in the air but she easily dispatched them before heading to the ground to help Spruce who was getting cornered by a few of the attackers.

Tsunami and Twilight stood flank to flank fighting off another group. It didn’t long for the aggressors to realize despite having the numbers, they were outclassed. Two of them managed to grab Spruce as another reopened the portal. They tried to drag her into it but Rainbow pulled her free as they went through.

As things calmed down, Twilight turned to Tsunami. “What was that?”

“I guess we’re not the only ones recruiting help. Most likely they wanted to get her away from us.”

Spruce looked around at the mess that her lab was after the fight and sighed. It would take her forever to get everything cleaned up, not to mention fixing the equipment that got broken. Finally she turned to the others.

“Thank you for helping me but I still don’t fully understand what’s happening here.”

Tsunami finished his explanation and invited her to join them in trying to save the worlds. With everything she’d already seen, she didn’t hesitate to agree.

“I should call the other Power Ponies.” She said. “They’ll be glad to help.”

Tsunami shook his head. “That’s not a good idea. I don’t want to take a lot of ponies out of each world. Besides, your city still needs at least some of its heroes, right?”

She hesitantly agreed and they prepared to leave for the next target. But clearly they weren’t alone in their preparation for the battle ahead.