• Published 5th Jan 2018
  • 342 Views, 13 Comments

Equestrias Forever - Pentatonic



Equestrias from different universes are being destroyed by an unknown force. Now a rag tag group of ponies must come together to save them all.

  • ...
 13
 342

Chapter 6

The team arrived back in the pocket world, ready for the next stage of the plan. However, there was some tension, as both Chrysalis and Nightmare Rarity were untrusted by the others. But even between the two of them, Chrysalis was receiving the most distrust as Applejack had not taken her eyes off the queen since they’d left their world.

“Please stop looking at me like that. You’re frightening me.” Chrysalis said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Applejack didn’t respond but just continued glaring at her. Chrysalis responded with a sinister smile. Twilight stepped between them just in case either were planning to start a fight.

It was then that they noticed a downtrodden Starswirl entering the room. He looked at Rainbow Dash and sighed.

“I’m so sorry.”

For a moment, she looked confused at his words until realization kicked in. Her eyes widened and she ran to the globe of her world only to find it blackened out. She slammed her hoof on the floor, fighting back tears.

“I should’ve been there.” She groaned.

“What good would that have done?” Asked Rarity. “You’d have been destroyed like everypony else there.”

Rainbow knew this was true but was not in the mood to hear this. She started towards the master of nightmares who seemed almost as eager to start a fight as Chrysalis had been. Before any such fight could begin, however, Spruce and Screwball stepped between them. After a moment, Rainbow turned and went to a corner of the room. Rarity smirked until Spruce turned to her.

“You should be ashamed of yourself.” She said.

With her soft voice, most would’ve struggled to taker her seriously. Nightmare Rarity, however, remembered all too well what had happened a short time ago. She backed off, irritated at how weak she felt against that timid pegasus.

Screwball walked over to Rainbow and, after a moment, spoke up.

“I can’t bring back your world, but you’re welcomed to live in mine.”

Rainbow couldn’t help but smile at the kindness of this young pony.

“Thanks, kid.” She said, ruffling Screwball’s mane.

At that point Tsunami appeared before them with their final team mate. She was completely different from the others, standing on two legs. She had no fur covering her bright pink skin and a face much shorter than any of the others. Everypony looked at her in confusion with the exception of Twilight whose eyes lit up in recognition.

“Pinkie!” She yelled, running to give her friend a hug as best she could with their different sizes and shapes.

Indeed it was her friend Pinkie Pie, a human from Canterlot high. After a moment, Twilight backed up at looked at Pinkie.

“How do you still look like this? I thought when you came to our world, you changed into a pony form.”

“Maybe it’s the portal in the statue that makes us change.” Pinkie suggested. “Plus, we’re technically not in your world here.”

As they talked, Starswirl noticed Screwball looking at the globes, her brow furrowed in thought. He went over to join her.

“Something on you mind, my child?” He asked.

She continued to look at the globes as she answered. “I can’t help but wonder how we’re going to save all these worlds if we don’t know where she’s going to attack next.”

“I admit even I don’t know. Her attacks seem completely random.”

Spruce heard them talking and came to the globes as well. She knew there had to be some pattern. Nopony would randomly choose a world to destroy without knowing what would be waiting on that world. It was just a matter of figuring the pattern out.

“Do you have a list of the worlds in the order they were hit?” She inquired.

“That’s a good idea.” Twilight commented, joining them. “If we can go over that along with any information about the worlds, we might be able to find her next target before she gets there.”

Starswirl nodded and went to retrieve the information as Rainbow looked again at her dark globe. She still couldn’t help feeling that she could’ve stop its destruction if she’d been there. But in the end, she knew that was only her pride and despair speaking to her. But after a moment, her resolve kicked in. She may not have been able to save her world, but she could make sure no one else had to lose theirs.

Starswirl gave the papers to Twilight who began looking over them along with Spruce and Tsunami. Chrysalis and Nightmare Rarity slunk over to a corner to share stories of the terrors they’d caused ponies as Applejack continued to watch them. Screwball was enraptured listening to Pinkie Pie talk about her world while Rainbow paced, waiting for the next bit of action.

After a few minutes, Twilight spoke up. “Everypony, I know where she’s going next.”