• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 426 Views, 1 Comments

My Singing Ponies - Dead Calzone



My Singing Monsters / My Little Pony Crossover

  • ...
 1
 426

Measuring The Alternatives

Spike was nervous. He didn't know what this human wanted with him. Did he want to help him or hurt him?

As they were walking through the forrest, the human looked at Spike. He seemed confused and shocked at him.

"So Spike," he said, "Do you know how to sing or play an instrument?"

"Well," Spike replied, "I can sing, but I don't do it often."

"Why not?"

"Why should I?"

"Because it's fun."

Spike was confused. He didn't understand why this human liked music so much. He pondered as to the motives of his reasoning. Did he make music? Was he a music artist?

The human stopped. "Alright," he said, "We're here."

Spike pulled aside a branch and was in awe with what he saw. There were many creatures, big and small. A fluffy white one was making apple juice by a strange machine. Another that looked like a potted plant with two mouths was crushing a coconut in another machine. A majority of them were by a big portal that was glowing blue. Suddenly, the monsters turned around. They were cheering "Steven! Steven!" Some even went up to hug him.

A creature who looked like a volcano girl started to study Spike. "Who is this?" it asked.

A tree-like being crawled up to him with its four tentacles. "It looks like another monster," it said.

"Everyone," the human said, "This is Spike. Spike, my name is Steven, and these are my singing monsters."


Twilight looked throughout the library. None of the books had ANYTHING on this "Furcorn" creature. She almost called Spike to help her, but then she remembered that he was missing. She continued to search.

She sighed. "What IS this thing?"

She flew to Furcorn, who was riding on top of Fluttershy, and tried to ask him some more questions.

"So...Furcorn, what is the last thing you remember before ending up here?"

"Well," he began, "I had just finished brushing my teeth, and I was getting ready to go to bed. I was snuggling up with Entbrat, when I had a dream about this blue orb of light. It was speaking to me, urging me to 'find the elements, protect both worlds'. When I woke up, I was here."

"Who's Entbrat?" asked Rarity.

"Entbrat is my best friend," Furcorn said, "We've been together from the start."

Rarity was confused.

"Here, let me show you."

Furcorn then ran into Spike's room. The other ponies quickly followed. As they were entering, Furcorn had already gotten out crayons and paper. He started drawing a creature with green fur, large brown horns that stuck to the ground, and a big grin. The drawing seemed very detailed. Furcorn then started drawing more creatures. He drew a fluffy white creature, a plant creature, a rock creature, and many more. After he was finished, the ponies looked at all the art he had made. These were creatures that he obviously cared about.

Applejack looked at one titled "Yelmut" It was a green and blue blob with an ancient looking helmet. It seemed to be yelling at the top of its lungs.

"This is weird," said Applejack, "I ain't never seen anything like THIS before."

While the others looked at the many pictures that Furcorn drew, Twilight was still trying to piece together everything Furcorn had said. Blue orb of light? What in Equestria could -- Suddenly, it hit her. This glowing blue light might be a creature in of its own. She raced back to the library, and the others soon followed. She grabbed a book titled "Creatures 101" and opened up the book to a page with a glowing creature.

"Furcorn," she said, "You said that there was a blue orb of light, correct?"

Furcorn seemed puzzled. "Yeah."

"And that it spoke a cryptic message to you, right?"

Furcorn, still confused, replied with the same answer.

"That orb of light was a wisp."

Furcorn seemed even more puzzled. "You mean like the legendary ethereal monster?"

Now Twilight seemed confused. "I don't know what that is, but THIS wisp is an ancient spirit that guides lost souls to the afterlife. This must have been the thing that took Spike. And what brought you here. The only thing I'M wondering is how and why this wisp would send you here."

"And what it did with Spike," replied Rainbow.

A silence filled the room.

"Wait," said Twilight, "are you saying that the wisp took Spike?"

"It's possible," said Rainbow, "If this Furcorn thing is in OUR world, then maybe Spike is in FURCORN'S world."

Another silence filled the room.

"It will be tricky," said Twilight, "But I may be able to find Furcorn's world."

"How?" asked Furcorn.

"With a letter."


"Furcorn's MISSING?!"

"We looked everywhere, Steven," said Bowgart, adjusting the strings on his instrument, "But he's just not around."

Steven was worried. He already lost someone close to him. He couldn't lose someone else. Not today.

Steven sighed. "Where was he last?"

"He was next to me," said Entbrat.

"Did he say he was going anywhere?"

"No, he just said 'see you tomorrow, buddy' and just went to sleep. When I woke up, he was gone."

Steven started to think. First Spike shows up, then Furcorn goes missing. Something was going on. But what? He knew that THEY wouldn't risk losing a creature, even if it was to get his monsters. At the same time, THEY might be able to risk a creature they already had. There was only one way to find out.

"Spike," said Steven, "What kind of creature are you?"

"A dragon."

Steven knew that THEY had plenty of dragon skulls, but not a living dragon.

"And the people who take care of you," Steven continued, "what do you do for them?"

"Well, I do LOTS. I write notes, write letters, organize books, go on adventures; the list goes on."

"Do these 'adventures' include fighting any...monsters?"

"Sometimes. Once, we fought of a--"

"Grab him."

Without hesitation, Tring grabbed Spike by his tail, holding him in the air.

Steven continued to question him. "And who is the one in charge where you come from?"

Spike was silent in fear.

"Alright, you purple pansy," Steven said, now in Spike's face, "I will ask you again, and you had BETTER give me an answer I like. Who do you work for?"

Suddenly, Spike Burped a green flame. A scroll with a strange star symbol dropped to the floor. Steven picked it up and opened it.

To whom it may concern, it said, The purple dragon you see before you is named Spike. He's the best assistant you could ever ask for, and we will be arriving to your world tomorrow to get him. Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle.

Now Steven had a target. All he needed was an arrow.

"Alright, monsters," he said, "Get ready to go on a trip. We've got an invasion to stop."

"What about Spike?" asked Tring.

"Leave him with the celestials. They can PROPERLY deal with him." Steven looked back at the symbol. "Whoever this 'Twilight Sparkle' joker is better be ready for a battle."