• Published 8th Dec 2011
  • 1,904 Views, 9 Comments

What if Trollestia ruled Equestria? (or The Rise of the New Lunar Republic) - Dead



A dramatic retelling of episodes 1 and 2, in a world where Celestia is a tyrant.

  • ...
 9
 1,904

Chapter 2.5: A Small Change in Scenery

Twilight, with her young aid riding upon her back, then set out to acquire transportation of her own to Ponyville and, although it took her a fair amount of time, the young student finally succeeded in flagging down a ride.

“Well, where ya headin’ little missy?” The Pegasus pulling the chariot asked. He was a stereotypical chariot driver, paid to talk and get people to their destination quickly. A chariot driver through and through. Something most ponies respected in their drivers. Unfortunately for him, Twilight isn’t like most ponies.

“Uhh, I’m heading to Ponyville.” She stated shyly.

“Ah, heading there for the holidays? Got family up there?” He asked. He began to flap his wings, the chariot rising with every flap.

“No, sir. Just decided to visit…” she said, her sentence trailing off as she stared at the rapidly shrinking ground and, more importantly, the library she had called home.

“Oh, okay. I see.” the stallion said. He would meet ponies like this every once in a blue moon. Ponies who seemed to be quiet, and reserved when dealing with others. He never understood why they were like this, he only knew that it was better not to ask. He got in less trouble that way. Truth be told, he was intrigued by these sort of ponies, they were the strange ones, at least to himself. As he contemplated this, Twilight contemplated her own problems. For instance, how would she be able to convince the princess that she needed her aid. Spike just contemplated how to get Twilight to actually make friends other than Scops, she was, surprisingly, slightly antisocial. But as the trio of travelers reached their destination, the moments of quiet contemplation were shattered by the harsh reality of their continuing lives, and by extension, their own personal struggles.