• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 580 Views, 18 Comments

Beginnings of the Race Swapper - Hexan Tronic



The story of a stallion who gains a unique ability, beginning from the past and going to the present

  • ...
2
 18
 580

Chapter 7 - New days and Odd occurrences

I woke the next morning as an earth pony, not surprised that I still change in my sleep. I had breakfast as usual and head off to school, deciding to fly there since I gave up hiding it. It was a slow flight, but I got there and when I did, I received a hug from Gene.

“So, how’d the talk go?” I smiled a bit.

“There were fine with it, a bit disappointed I didn’t say anything immediately, but they understand.” After becoming a unicorn I head into class for the day. Now if you have been keeping track, you know I usually keep what happens in class to myself because it is usually boring, but not today.

It started with me explaining to the class what has happened, which took a bit, as well as a demonstration for the ponies who didn’t believe me. After which was back to normal for a bit, until I was called up to answer some fairly difficult questions on the chalkboard.

It started with my teacher, Book Smart, writing on the board, and deciding it is my turn to answer the questions. So I got up and grabbed the chalk with magic and started to look over the questions. I don’t really remember what they were exactly, but I do know they involved combinations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. No too hard for ponies good at math, but I’m not one of them.

So, I started to write on the board, answering questions at a bit of a slow rate until a colt spoke up suddenly.

“It seems even if he is a unicorn now, he isn’t as smart as some.” That got some snickers from some of the other students, but got me to actually start thinking the questions over, and then, without noticing, I started to speed up. And before long, I had most of the questions done when a filly spoke up.

“Miss Smart, why is his aura turning blue?” I wasn’t really paying the students any attention at that time so I barely heard her, and after she said something another spoke up.

“Hey, is it just me, or is Hexan’s new cutie mark changing? I looks like something is peeking out from under the hat.” After that there was some more conversing, adding things like:

“His eyes are two colours at once.” and “Are those math symbols under the cutie mark hat?” And before long I was finished, and Book Smart checked over my answers.

“Hmm, well Hexan, you started off slow, but you got it all right,” then she turned back to me, “And you seem to be back to normal too.”

“Huh, what do you mean?” Then she explained what the students were saying as well as what she observed. I looked over myself and saw no differences. “Must have been a trick of the light or something.” I shrug and head back to my desk.

That was only the first of many odd things to happen today. The next thing happened after class. A couple of colts came over to me and decided I was not worth any respect and decided to bully me. There were three colts; One with a blue coat and black mane, one with orange coat and yellow mane, and green coat and brown mane. The blue one spoke up first.

“Well lookie here boys, it's the little freak.” I look at them, wondering what's up. Next was the green one.

“Yeah, wonder what freakish thing he will do next.” They start snickering. Then the orange one spoke up.

“Maybe grow another head or tail.” They start laughing while I’m wondering if they are being serious.

“Shall we show it what we think of it boys?” The blue one asks. The other two nod and start to close in on me.

Then the kicks started to come. Being earth ponies, they weren’t too strong, but were strong enough to both keep me down and keep others away. Eventually I heard Gene speak up.

“Leave him alone!” They stop for a second, then the blue one asks.

“Why should we leave the freak alone, how are you or him gonna make us?” They taunt, pushing her back onto her flank. In that split second they weren’t focusing on me, I got up and behind the green one and kick hard, as I had become my earth pony self. When they heard their comrade get knock down, they took their attention back to me and off of Gene. So I said the one thing that ran through my head.

“If I’m a freak, what does that make you?” They got mad after that and started trying to hit me, at first they were landing some pretty heavy hits but after a bit, I started to dodge each and every hit and even land some of my own. They blue one, the leader I decided at that point, was getting fed up with me.

“Come on and hit him already, he’s just a freakish colt!” The I punched him on the side of the head, knocking him down. He then looks at me. “What the buck is going on with his fore-hooves? Hooves don't glow, orange or not.” I don’t bother looking down because I somehow knew that was a bad idea, and knocked the other two away. There were a few spectators now, whispering things like:

“He us good at this.” and “Wasn’t his cutie mark just the hat, where did the gloves under them come from?” and other observations that Gene told me about after the fight. After fighting them a bit longer, I had them all knock to the ground in a pile, while I was standing on top.

“If your gonna mess with me again, remember this moment and think again.” Then I hop off and walk away. I didn’t notice at the time, but Gene was following me until I reached a park bench when she sat beside me.

“ How did you do that Hexy?” I finally come to my senses and look to her.

“Do what?”

“Fight like you did, I know you don’t really like fighting and never took and interest in it, so how did you do it?”

“I...don’t really know, it’s like I just know how to move and when, how to dodge and the perfect time to strike. No idea where it came from..” She thinks for a bit, then decides.

“I guess it isn’t that important at the moment, wanna head to my place for a bit?” I nod and follow her home.