• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 580 Views, 18 Comments

Beginnings of the Race Swapper - Hexan Tronic



The story of a stallion who gains a unique ability, beginning from the past and going to the present

  • ...
2
 18
 580

Chapter 6 - Parents and Changes

After making my way home, I quickly ran to my room to think. When I spent enough time on that, I called my mother to my room. After a little bit, Quick Fix walked in.

“What is it Hexan?” I sighed.

“Well mother,did you hear about the incident earlier?” After a bit she nodded.

“About the filly who fell from the hot air balloon?” I nodded to that.

“Yeah that, what do you know about that?” She thinks for a moment.

“Well, I heard it was a colt that rescued her, and they were saying that he was a unicorn one moment, then suddenly a pegasus, which I don’t really believe to be honest, then after saving her he ran off. That’s all I know dear.”

“Well, since I don’t want to beat around the bush, the colt was me.”

“Stop joking dear, he can’t have been you, he was a unicorn or pegasus, not an earth pony, didn’t you hear?” I nod.

“Yes, I heard you, but it leads into the next thing I need to talk about.” She looks at me worried.

“What is it dear?” I look to my bed.

“Well a couple days ago, Gene took me to our secret place to try a new spell.” She nods for me to continue. “And this was an interesting one, since it was designed to...change a ponies race.” She looks a me a bit baffled.

“Are you being serious Hexan?” I nod.

“Yes, I am, and it worked too. But there was an issue, the counter spell didn’t work.” She looks a bit more worried now.

“Well how haven’t I noticed wings on your back or a...horn on….your...You hid it with the hat and jacket?” I nod.

“I didn’t want to worry you until I could fix it. I was first changed to a pegasus, then the next day I woke as a unicorn. So me and Gene went to see a doctor.” She looks to me.

“Why didn’t you ask for me to take you?”

“You would have been a bit too worried over me. During the visit, we learned my cells are in flux, constantly shifting between that of the three races. Fast Mender, the doctor we saw, said I should let her know if anything new occurs, like what happened today. I was walking home from school and heard a scream. After realising it was from the falling filly, I tried to help by trying to catch her in levitation, since I was reading up on the different races. It didn’t work, so I jump in the air to try and catch her and the next thing I know, I’m hovering down to the ground with her on my back.” “My mother looks at me a bit concerned.

“ So you really were the colt that saved her…” I nod. “Can you prove it dear?” I look down a bit scared but decide to try. After a bit of focus I change to a pegasus, to the shock of my mother.

“Well, how do I look?” She looks very concerned.

“Are you sure your okay?” I nod.

“And something else happened today when I saved that filly.” She looks at me as I turn around. “I got my cutie mark as well.” She looks happy for me.

“Well done dear, and I guess you visited Miss Mender after the event?” I nod.

“She suggested I tell you, which I guess is smart to do. Am I a monster now? Since I’m not a single kind of pony mother?” She shakes her head and pulls me into a hug.

“No my dear, your still a pony, just a more unique one.” I hugs back, happy that she is fine with it.

“Could you tell dad? I’m a bit tired, and need to do some more reading and practice.” She nods.

“Yes I think I should, but it should be fine. See you at dinner Hexan.” She kisses my forehead and leaves my room.

After some time, I decide to keep using the hat, even if I don’t really need to hide my horn anymore, since I like it a lot, plus it’s my cutie mark too. After putting my hat back on, I get to studying, using levitation to turn the pages after becoming a unicorn. After some time, I head out to have dinner. There were some questions asked like, “How can I control which race I am.” or “How does it feel to use magic or fly.” and other things like that. After that, I head to have a shower and go to bed.