• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 1,832 Views, 20 Comments

Sun's Hearth's Warming Eve Journey - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun is framed for posting everyone and her friends secrets, then goes back to Equestria for her first Friendship Problem with her friends to solve

  • ...
2
 20
 1,832

Chapter 8: The Truth Comes to the Sun

Long after the party is over, and somewhat ruined, Twilight and her friends, Falling Star, Sun's family, even Star Shower and the other ponies are with Princess Celestia in her royal chamber while Sun is sleeping on the princess' bed. Princess Celestia, Twilight, Falling, and Sun's real move are trying their best to be sure Sun is alright and to make sure she's conformable while resting. After comforting Sun and making sure she has everything she need, including her cat is sleeping next to her, Princess Celestia creates a barrier that will make sure Sun can't hear anything while she sleeps. With that, Princess Celestia know that it times for her along with the others to tell everypony else the truth.

"With all do respect Princess Celestia," Rosemary asks while walking towards the princess.

She then shouts in anger, "How could you not tell us that Sunset's alive?!"

Rosemary calms herself down, and politely says, "Um, your majesty."

Princess Celestia shows a sad smile on her face as she says, "Believe me, I know you all have questions about all this, but you're going to have to trust all of us."

"Including my sister," Star Shower bluntly replies.

Rainbow gets up in her face and sternly says, "Watch it Shower, it's your fault Sun's like this!"

"You mean Sunset, why do you call her Sun if you know her real name?" Star Shower asks.

"Her adopted father gave her that name," Twilight answers

"And we all called her that name too," Falling Star adds.

Star Shower and the six ponies who are ish her starting to feel bad about it, and Star Shower is not making things better by showing that attitude.

Phoenix Dawn comes over and asks, "We do trust you princess, we're just wondering why you never told us about it when you first found out?"

"To answer all this, let's start from the beginning," Princess Celestia answers.

With that, everypony sit down in front of the two princesses and the girls including Falling Star. Now it's time for them to know what really happen, and what has become of Sun.

"Twilight," Princess Celestia replies.

Twilight nods her head and explains, "You see, it happened sometime after the wedding. Princess Celestia receive a message from Sun from the book that she and the princess used to connect with each other. Ever since then Sun's been sending us messages about what has happen, but some of them wasn't easy."

"How so?" Sunshine asks.

"Sun had dreams that reflect her past. What really happened to Sunset Shimmer is that she escaped the fire by falling into a magic mirror that was actually a portal to another world," Twilight sadly explains.

Everypony who don't know about this gasp in horror. They also start to understand how all of this could have happen.

"So that's why nopony had found to body, Sunset Shimmer never died from the fire," the third mare, known as Honey Bear says.

"But why didn't Sunset returned after the fire was cleared?" Rocky asks.

Twilight sighs sadly as she explains the upsetting details, "Sun had an unfortunate encounter with being called human. Specifically the human counterparts to Gilda and Lightning Dust, but another human girl, Screwball's human counterpart came a long and help her. Sadly she ends up getting on the street while messing with them and almost got hit. Sun rushed over and manages to push her out of the way, but wasn't able to make it, and was hit by a van that belong to the human counterparts of Rarity and her family. By that time the portal closed and Sun can never go back, but when she woke up being in the hospital her memories were gone."

Feeling like going in tears, Sunstone scaredly asks, "Then that means Sunset lost her memories after a collision."

"And was never be able to go home," Sunshine asks looking worried.

"Not at all," Falling Star answers.

"That's awful!" Rosemary exclaims.

Then one of the stallion named Brock asks, "What happened next?"

"Well, from what Sun had written, she was adopted by the human version of Discord and his daughter Screwball. It was Discord who gave her the name Sun and gave her a home, family, and a new birth date since Sun couldn't remember her real one. But during the time, Sun was able to remember pieces of her past the good and the bad," Twilight addly explains.

"But when did you all realized it was her? Scarlet asks.

Then Twilight explains, "We all started to piece everything together as the entries come up. When Falling Star took my crown and bring it to the world Sun's been staying, Princess Celestia told me to see if I can find her, and I did."

"Yes. That realization haunted me. If I knew Sunset was in the other world the whole time, I would have gone after her," Princess Celestia sadly explains.

From the looks of it, Twilight and the girls can tell their princess still feel awful for not realizing it sooner, even though there's nothing that can be done to bring Sunset back.

"But there was nothing you can do," Fluttershy sadly says.

"Yeah, Sun still had amnesia at the time," Applejack adds.

Then Rocky asks, "But when did she got her memories?"

"It was Twilight's crown that helped Sun got memories back," Falling Star answers.

This statement kind of shocked everyone, and wonder how this event is possible.

Scarlet asks, "You gotta be kidding?"

"Are you sure sis, because I thought Twilight can only use the element's power?" Star Shower asks looking a bit confused.

Twilight answers, "She's not joking, I saw it myself. When Falling Star took my crown, Sun was able to find it, but took to her principal. Sun decided to put on the crown and show her some images of us including herself. When Sun and I won the crown and put it on Sun's head, the magic of the crown was able to help Sun remember everything from her past, even after i explained to her."

"But how was Sun was able to make my sister changed as you say?" Star Shower asks.

Falling embarrassed, Falling Star explains, "I took Twilight's crown and turned into a magic crazed lunatic, and turned everyone in Sun's school excluding Sun, Twilight, and her friends into zombies and tried to take over Equestria. Somehow the crown sensed the magic in Sun she she rescued Twilight and was turned into an alicorn. After defeating me, Sun still wanted to be my friend, and I felt really awful for everything I did to her. She even help me get back to the school and convince the others to give me a chance."

Hearing about that story really surprised everypony in the room. In fact it shows that not only that Falling Star has changed, but it also show Sun is growing up.

Rosemary surprisingly says, "Wow, Sun really understand friendship for living in that world!"

"And Falling Star proved herself, by helping us, by helping The Dazzlings," Twilight says.

"Who were actually sirens who were really merponies before they were cured, and Sun lead them into helping me break it," Pinkie adds with glee.

"Sunset's awesome!" Rocky says with excitement.

Then Scarlet says, "I have to admit Rosemary, but our little sister really grew up."

"Yes, but I'm still worried about her," Rosemary replies feeling worried.

"I wonder why she didn't want to tell us before?" Sunstone asks looking concerned.

Rarity comes over and explains, "Because she's still worried of what you might say or think when you all found out she's been alive."

"And was afraid on how she react," Applejack adds.

Then Fluttershy says, "But she really wanted to tell you, and she missed you all alot."

"She was going to earlier until Star Shower and her lackeys threw a snowball at her," Rainbow Dash says while glaring at Star Shower and the six ponies she's with.

"And Sun yell at them," Pinkie adds.

Hearing all this, Sun's family can understand why Sun never tell them, or why nopony tells them for that matter. Sun doesn't feel real to let them know about what really happen, and afraid how they will react to it. Of course, they really wish Sun would tell them, even though she actually work up the courage to tell them.

Sunshine asks, "Princess, is sis going to be okay?"

"She'll be fine, she just need rest after using a lot of her magic," Princess Celestia answers.

Then Twilight asks, "Did you make sure to ask Princess Luna to check Sun in her dreams, I just can't stand Sun having those nightmares again?"

Hearing this, Phoenix asks looking concerned, "What nightmares?"

Falling Star steps in and explains, "Well, Sun's been having a difficult week including this. She's been having nightmares lately, and was falsely accused of exposing secret of everyone at her school, but those nightmares are making her so scared and been staying up late because of it. Maybe you can tell us about it, since Princess Luna said it's connected to her past."

Hearing the details start to worried, Sun's parents, and are wondering what kind of dreams Sun has that will make her very scared.

Phoenix asks, "Can you tell us our daughter been dreaming about, maybe we can shed some lights on it."

"Okay, but trust me, what Sun's been telling us really spooked her," Rainbow says.

Twilight comes over and explains, "Well some of Sun dreams have been showing her being trapped in a terrible snowstorm."

"She also told us that she was also being carried away by a stallion and trying to call out for her parents, which is you two," Falling Star adds.

Then Princess Celestia says, "And just last night, Sun has a dream of her being trapped in the snow storm all alone, and was trying to find you. She then see a shadowy spirit which I believe is a Windigo was flying where she was at. I hate to say it, but you two including myself know what kind of dream Sun's been having."

Phoenix Dawn and Sunstone nod their heads with sad looks on their faces because they know what kind of dreams Sun's been having, and they don't like it. The others can see that the three ponies are looking very worried and can tell it's not a very good thing.

Falling Star asks, "So what happened that made Sun so scared?"

Sunstone hangs her head feeling very worried, and says, "It happened when Sunset was just a little filly, and we were having Hearth's warming eve together. However, during the time there were robberies going on. The worst thing about it is when that robber took her away and ran off into the woods even though there was a snow storm on it's way. We tried to get her back but he was too fast, and lost sight of them."

Twilight, Falling Star, and everyone else in the room gasp in horror hearing that news.

Then Princess Celestia explains, "Somehow Sunset was able to escape the robber and was trying to get back home. We manage to catch the pony responsible, but Sunset was long gone. That's when a bright light of strong magic appear in the forest, and we all run towards the source of it. When we did, we found Sunset lying on the flow unconscious, and that's when her cutie mark appear on her flank."

"And I'm guessing that's when you decided to take Sun as your student to help get better control of her magic," Twilight suspects.

"It's correct Twilight," Princess Celestia.

"Poor Sun, no wonder she was so scared," Rarity says looking very sorry for Sun.

"And it caused her to not get any sleep," Rainbow adds.

"Oh my poor baby, how can we help her?" Sunstone asks with worries.

"All we can do is get some rest, and my sister will talk to her when she's in Sun's dreams," Princess Celestia advise.

Everyone agree to the idea to let Sun rest until the morning, and hopefully Hearth Warming Eve will make things better. So they decide to leave the room for the night and let Sun sleep. Princess Celestia decides to keep Sun company so she will feel better. As everypony else is leaving, most of the ponies are not saying anything about it.

Star Shower breaks the silence and says, "We messed up, didn't we?"

"Yeah, y'all kind of did," Applejack says bluntly says.

"Come on Applejack, I know your thing is honesty but you don't have to say it like that," Rainbow complains.

"It's okay, we deserve it," Star Shower says.

Falling Star comes over to her sister and says, "If it helps I remember when I was in your horseshoes."

"Really?" Star Shower asks looking a bit unconvinced.

"I let my jealousy and resentment towards Sunset Shimmer get to me and I wanted to get back at her so bad that I put on Twilight's crown and I turned into a monster and hypnotized everyone at her school into my personal army hoping on conquering the world and try to destroy Sun in the process," Falling Star explains.

Star Shower and the six ponies, including Sun's family are shocked to hear this. They mostly can't believe that Falling Star actually gone through with it just because she wants attention and payback from all those years ago.

"Geez when you put it like that, it shows that I was so caught up on trying to teach you a lesson on how you treated everypony that I ended up becoming that pony you used to be. At the end it made everything worse," Star Shower says feeling so ashamed and embarrassed.

She then shows a sad look and says, "Falling Star, Twilight, I am so so sorry."

"And Phoenix Sunstone, I'm sorry that I practically ruined your party," Star Shower adds giving the attention to Sun's family.

The other six ponies show guilty looks on your faces, and everypony can tell how sorry they are for messing everything up.

Falling Star smile give her sister a calm smile and says, "I forgive you sis."

Then the two sisters give each other a big hug. Twilight and her friends are glad that Falling Star and her sister are able to make up with each other. The other six also apologize for the mess they have give her, and how they treated her.

Scarlet says, "If Falling Star forgives you, then we can forgive you too."

"But still you guys should at least make up for all the trouble you caused," Rainbow adds.

"And I think I know how you all can start," Twilight suggests.

Through some part of the night Twilight explain to Star Shower and the six ponies on how they can make up to Falling Star and to Sun and her family for the trouble they have cause. It will be a lot of work, but it will help them. They also decide to do something very special to let everypony know about the festival and to help other ponies know. If this works, it will help bring love and friendship to Canterlot. Of course, this also requires Sun to be up, and they will have to explain to her about their plan.

Author's Note:

The truth has been told.