• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 1,833 Views, 20 Comments

Sun's Hearth's Warming Eve Journey - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun is framed for posting everyone and her friends secrets, then goes back to Equestria for her first Friendship Problem with her friends to solve

  • ...
2
 20
 1,833

Chapter 10: The Light of Love and Friendship

At the ballroom, everypony including the princesses have the party ready, all they need to do is wait for Sun, and to get the Canterlot Citizens to the castle for the holidays. Twilight and the others have a plan, but they need Sun in order to help make things right. They are still hoping Scarlet can help her with her situation.

Pinkie looks at the watch, and asks, "I wonder what's taking them so long?"

"Pinkie these things take time, and I'm sure Sun might be a bit nervous about it, including seeing her brother," Twilight answers.

"I agree, but I'm sure once Scarlet talks to her, I'm sure Sun will feel much better," Rosemarry agrees.

"I think so too," Princess Celestia adds.

As the group talk to each other, Scarlet comes into the ballroom by himself. The other turn to see that Scarlet is alone, and Sun is not around.

Falling Star asks, "Where's Sun?"

Scarlet turns around and facing the door, and says, "Okay sis, everypony's here, and they really want to see you."

Shyly Sun walks out of the door and head towards the others. Sun feels very nervous to see her friends, family, and the others as she head towards them. Sunstone walks over to Sun and is still very surprised to see her after the first trime. Sun and her mother is facing each other and not sure what to say. Sunstone looks into Sun's eyes and can tell right away that Sun is her daughter. Sunstone then hugs Sun and Sun hugs her mother back. They are very happy to see each other. Then Pheonix Dawn and the other siblings walk over to them and join in on the hug as well. Everypony else are happy to see the family is back together and finally get to see each other. Twilight and her friends feel happy for Sun to be reunited with her family.

Sunstone looks at Sun with a smile and says, "Oh Sun, I'm so glad you're alright."

"Mom, I'm... I'm sorry that I kind of outburst and ruined your party, and for not telling you earlier," Sun sadly says.

Sunstone becomes sad for hearing it, and calmly says," Don't worry dear, your friends along with Star Shower and the others were able to help us put it together, and they were able to explain to us what happened, but we're glad that you're safe. Besides, we were just waiting for you to celebrate it with us."

"I'm also glad that I have my big sister back," Sunshine says with glee.

Then Rocky asks, "Hey sis, do you think you can tell us about your battle at your school dance, and band competition?"

"I assume the girls have told you about it" Sun replies with a smile.

"They sure did, and they are pretty cool too," Scarlet replies.

Just then Sunshine let's out a sneeze. Sun starts to blush and turn to see Nina is next to her her on the floor, staring at her.

Sun sheepishly says, "Sorry about that, I had no idea she followed me here."

"That's okay, my allergies are not serious, and besides I like her, she's so cute and adorable," Sunshine says with glee.

"True, but it wouldn't hurt for you to take your allergy medicine," Phoenix Dawn advise.

Sunshine nods her head, and says, "Okay dad."

Just then Star Shower and the six ponies comes up to them with smiles on their faces.

Star Shower says, "Your mother is right, we all worked very hard to make the party great."

Star Shower becomes sad, and says, "And hey, I'm sorry that me and the others were giving you and your friends trouble, and what I said about you. It wasn't right for me to say those things."

"That's okay, I'm sorry I yelled at you, and I'm glad that we can be friends now," Sun replies.

"It's okay. In a way, we kind of deserve it," Star Shows sheepishly says.

The girls start laughing a bit, and Sun looks around the ballroom noticing the decorations and sparkling things surrounding the ballroom.

"Wow, these decorations are amazing. I wouldn't be surprised that Rarity and Pinkie did the design," Sun says with a smile.

"Yep," Pinkie answers happily.

"We sure did," Rarity adds.

Then Applejack says, "And we got everything ready for a new party for Hearth's Warming."

Star Shower asks, "But how exactly are we going to get everypony to come back to the palace?"

"Easy, I wrote a special song, but I want Sunset or should I say Sun to sing it," Scarlet answers.

Sun looks a bit confused and says, "You want me to sing, but where?"

"That part is my idea," Princess Celestia says walking towards the other.

Everypony, including Sun bow at the princess' presence and look at her again.

Sun walks up to her and asks, "Princess, I'm afraid I'm not fully following your idea."

Princess Celestia smiles at Sun and says, "You see Sun, I think it might be a good idea to show everypony in Canterlot of your existence, so everypony will be able to welcome you back as our new princess."

Sun blushes a bit and questionably says, "Me… a princess?"

"Yes. From what Twilight told me and what your friends told her, you have showen that you are worthy of being a true princess." Princess Celestia explains with a calm smile.

"But… but about my friends and my family from the world I lived with now. I… I don't know if I can ever leave them," sun says looking a bit sad.

Sunstone comes over and says, "Don't worry sweetie, we understand that you might want to stay, and we all want you to be happy."

Sun turns to her mother with a sad look, "I kind of know you're okay with what life I chose, but I wish there is a way I can spend some time with you two. I mostly wish there is a way I can spend time with both of my families."

"Actually that won't be a problem at all," Phoenix Dawn says.

"What do you mean?" Sun asks

"That's the simple part, we asked the princess about it and she said that we can go with you to see what the other world is like, plus we really want to see where you live," Rocky says with a eager look.

Sun giggles to see the eagerness in his eyes, and says, "I have to admit you always the one up for adventures. Of course you all can go."

"Yeah!" Sunshine and Rocky cheers with excitement.

Rosemary laughs and says, "I think you got the two excited and it's already Hearth's Warming Eve."

Pinkie gasps in shock and says, "I almost forgot, you need to open all of your presents, and we need to open all of ours."

"Presents?" Sun questionably says.

Phoenix Down chuckles a bit and says, "Your mother decided to buy you a lot of presents for you. She in a way went Hearth's Warming crazy."

"Can you blame me for wanting to make sure Sun has everything she needs?" Sunstone says, narrowing her eyes at her husband.

"And we bought some stuff for your cat," Sunshine adds with a smile.

Nina simply meows in reply.

Sun pets the cat and says, "I'm guessing you'll be getting something for Christmas and Hearth's Warming Eve."

"Christmas, is that a human world holiday?" Scarlet asks.

"Yes. It's a lot like Hearth's Warming, but have some differences," Sun explains.

Pinkie smiles and says, "That's good to know."

"But how are we going to make sure Sun's presence won't be, um, to shocking for the ponies?" Fluttershy shyly asks.

"Yeah. I'm a bit worried on how everypony is going to react when they see me," Sun says looking a bit worried.

Twilight comes over and says, "That's okay, we're all with you, and we're going to help you with the music and face the Canterlot Citizens."

"Yeah, you're our friends, and we're going to help you and show Canterlot City what you're made of," Rainbow Dash says with pride.

Suns miles and says, "Thanks guys. I'll give it a try."

Twilight her friends including Falling Star give Sun a group hug, and all eight of them are very glad that Sun is going to help. Sun still feeling a bit nervous about the whole idea, but it's will be a good idea for her to see the ponies she knows from living here.

After getting things ready for the cold weather. Sun, her friends, and Princess Celestia are in the middle of town square since that's where some ponies like to go to on Hearth's Warming. Princess Luna, Sun's family, Discord, Screwball, Star Shower, and the others stay at the ballroom so they can welcomes the citizens after Sun and the others bring them to the party. Of course, they are wearing some coats, boots, scarves and ear months to keep themselves warm in the cold weather of winter. Of course Scarlet also brings his guitar with him so he can play.

Sun shiver a bit and says, "I don't know what worries me more, the fact that I'll be singing in front of everypony or the cold weather of winter."

"I think this has to be the coldest winter we ever had," Applejack agrees.

"Me too, it feels like my teeth will be turning into icicles," Pinkie says while chattering her teeth.

Twilight looks at the weather as she says, "You're right, it freezing out here. I wonder why?"

As the crew looks around the area, the start to hear a strange howling sounds. They look to find the source, but can't figure out where the noise is coming from. Sun looks up to hear the howling noise coming from above them. Sun gasps seeing what the noise is.

Sun nervously says, "Um guys, I think you might want to look up in the clouds."

The others look up in the sky where Sun is looking at. They gasp with horrors to see what they are looking at. They can see three blue pony spirits galloping around Canterlot spreading cloud, cold air, and snow wherever they go.

"Those are windigos!" Sun scaredly exclaims.

"But… but I thought they're nothing but an old pony tails," Falling Star asks, worriedly.

I'm afraid they're far too real, but they hadn't been seen in centuries, why are they here now?" Princess Celestia asks in concern.

The gang try to figure out why and how the windigos are here now, but have no clue. Just them Sun and Twilight remember that the spirits only comes when there's fighting and hatred around a certain location.

Twilight has an idea, and says, "I think it has something to do with the situation Falling Star was in."

"Why would you think that?" Rainbow asks.

Well, for one, there were some ponies who still hold a grudge against Falling Star and there was a lot of anger and distrust around. Even though we managed to stop with the anger and distrust from Star Shower and everypony else, it didn't stop the windigos from coming here," Sun explains.

After hearing the explanation from Sun, the others can see that she is right, and that there isn't a way to stop them from coming over once the strife begins. Now they need to figure a way to get the spirits to leave Canterlot and never come back.

"So, um, what do we do?" Fluttershy worriedly asks.

"We do what the founders of Equestria did, bring out the fire of friendship and sing songs to it, as friends," Twilight says with glee.

"But how are we going to get the fire of friendship to appear, there doesn't seem to be any time?" Falling Star worriedly asks.

Sun turns the others and says, "I know that we can do it, as long as we stick together and be friends with each other we can do it. Think of everything that we've done to help the ponies and try to fix the friendship here."

The group clap and smile at Sun for a great speech. They can tell that Sun is right. With that, Twilight, Falling Star and the others circle around Sun and start to think of there everything that they all been through that help gain their friendship. Just then Sun horn parks and creates a heart of flames in print over her head. Then each of the elements' magic from the six friends and Falling Star's magic absorb into the fire to make it bigger. The Fire of Friendship is so bright and full of love and friendship that the windigos can't stand it anymore, so they leave from the city.

Sun nods her head to Scarlet to let him know it's time for him to play his music. Scarlet starts to use his magic to strum the guitar and making music. Hearing the music ponies are starting to to come out of their home to see what is going on. With that Sun starts to sing the song Scarlet has written.

Sun:

It's holiday time, the most special of seasons

So come gather round to remember the reason

It's not all the gifts,

Ponies who are coming out to see is surprised to see the princesses and her friends, and to see somepony else with them. They become more surprised to see Sun singing to the music.

One of the mares surprisingly ask, "Is that Sunset Shimmer

Sun:

the food or decorations

But the spirit of love that marks this celebration

Seeing Sun is singing along with the others, everypony are surprised yet happy to see the friendship between Sun and the others.

Octavia surprisingly says, "It is Sunset Shimmer!"

"She's alive!" Vinyl remarks.

"And an alicorn now!" Joe adds.

"Let's join them!" Fancy Pants replies.

"Come on!" Flur agrees.

With the the ponies decide to follow sun and the others to where they're going. As they star to head to the castle, Sun and Scarlet continue to play their music

Sun:

So come walk with me, sing along and you'll see

On this holiday, let love light the way

Sun and Scarlet:

You need nothing more than those you adore

On this holiday, let love light the way

As they sing and play music, everypony continue to follow the group to wherever they're going. They are even more amazed to see that Sun as they know as Sunset Shimmer is alive and their new princess. Of course, everypony including the classmates can see Falling Star is with them showing a smile on their faces. Seeing that Sun and Falling Star are friends now, they come to follow them too. As they travel, singing, and playing music, they continue to invite ponies to come along.

All:

We all have our ways

(We all have our ways)

Of observing this evening

(Of observing this evening)

Yet each of us shares

(Yet each of us shares)

Something we all believe in

(Something we all believe in)

Sun

What makes this one night outshine all of the others

All

Is sharing our joy with our sisters and our brothers

(Our sisters and our brothers)

So come sing with me all together we'll be

On this holiday, let love light the way

And down every street are new friends we can meet

On this holiday, let love light our way

They are almost to the castle and more ponies are bringing their presents, food, and some other things from their homes to bring for the holiday. Even Falling Star's parents are here as well. They walk up to Falling Star to ask what is going on.

"Sweetie where are we going?" Falling Star mother asks.

"And why are we having a Hearth's Warming parade?" Falling Star father asks.

Falling Star giggles a bit and says, "Long story, short, Sun is actually Sunset Shimmer and we holding a Hearth's Warming Eve party at the castle ballroom."

Her parents are a bit confused about it, but seeing what is going on, they are willing to believe her.

All:

Every December, as we honor all our traditions

It's nice to remember that it's not a big competition

Sun:

So let love be your mission

Back at the castle ballroom, everypony else is still waiting for ASun and the others to bring the citizens the the celebration

Sunshine asks with concern, "Do you think sis will be alright?"

"Don't worry, Sun is a big girl and I'm sure they'll be here too," Pheonix says with reassurance.

Just then everypony turn to see ponies are heading towards them and singing and playing music.

All:

The night outshines all the others

(Outshines all the others)

With our sisters and our brothers

(Our sisters and our brothers)

Sunstone smiles and says, "Looks like they're here."

With that the guards open the door to let everypony in as they sing the song.

All:

So come walk with me, sing along and you'll see

On this holiday, let love light the way

With everypony's arrival, Sun and Scarlet get together with their family while Falling Star and her parents get together with Star Shower. Then everypony gather around the tree

All:

As we stand round the tree, all together we'll be

On this holiday let love light the way

Everypony in Canterlot are at the part and are still singing the song. Sun puts the fire of friendship on top of the tree.

Sun and her Family:

You need nothing more than those you adore

All:

On this holiday

Let love

Let love

Let love

Let love

Let love

Let love light the way

Everypony are very happy to begin their Hearth's Warming with a song and a parade to the castle, only to find a part is made for them to come to a party. With that, everypony start to talk among themselves and open presents, having food, and everything that will make Hearth's Warming special. Sun and her friends are glad to see that everypony are having a great time, even Falling Star and her friends and family are having a wonderful time. Sun feel that everything has worked out for everypony.

Author's Note:

Let love Light the Way from Elena of Avalor.