• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 337 Views, 3 Comments

The Hearths Warming Journey - DeadlyKDPonys



HoofCliff Asylum is celabrating Hearth's Warming. An 8 year old filly gets a present from the mom she hasn't seen. However that gift will lead her on a magical journey.

  • ...
 3
 337

{1} The Gift

Author's Note:

Ok, Before you read this i have to admit. I didn't write this chapter very good. BUT IT WILL GET BETTER! I promise!!

Heath's warming is supposed to be a time for happy times with your Family.
However there are somponies who doesn't get to feel that happiness.
Like the Ponies of Hoofcliff Asylum, Especially it's youngest patient.
Deadly KillerDiamond was hurt by her own family when they sent her to the Asylum.
The Employees has tried despratly to help her, but no results yet.
Though, this Hearth's warming will be different for Young Deadly


The Hallway of the Asylum started to fill up with ponies in a line, on their way to the Dining area. Amongst the Ponies was a young Unicorn filly. Crimson red fur, bright red mane and tail and blue eyes. She wasn't paying attention and bumped into somepony. They Turned to see the Filly. She looked down.
"I'm sorry" She mumbled. The pony stood there, slightly nervous.
"Oh don't be, Deadly. Though you should pay attention to where you're going" They said. The filly, Deadly didn't make eye contact as she made a sound of understanding and started to walk again.

Deadly reached the dining area and sat down at her usual spot. She was a little excited about today. They were going to have a Hearth's Warming dinner. She waited at her spot, a few ponies starts to sit down at the seats around her. When they looked over at The filly they tried to make a small conversation.
"So, Deadly, did you sleep well last night?" A mare pegasus asked. Deadly looked over at the mare. A Small smile forming.
"It was better then most nights" She said. That was actually reliving for the ponies to hear.

The patients of the Asylum knows about Deadly and tries to care for her. Being the first Filly to be sent to Hoofcliff she will have a difficult Fillyhood. Then the ponies saw that servant ponies was on their down the line, giving the patients their meal. Then they heard a voice comming through the Speakers.

Alright, Everypony. When you're finnished eating, you'll be going to Activity Room, except you, Deadly.
You'll be going straight to your room, Security is already there waiting for you

Deadly's eyes widden. Even the other patients was a bit suprised by that.
"That's not fair, it's not even close my bedtime yet!" The filly said, pouting. She then sighed and started eating.


Deadly walked in the hallway on the way to her room. Her nightgown being dragged across the floor by each step. The filly didn't understand why she had to leave to her room earlier then normal, her bedtime wasn't before another 2 hours. She then noticed the security ponies at the end of the hallway. They looked in her direction and then started unlocking her door.

Deadly's room was the most heavily guarded and most supervised in the entire Asylum. She dislikes it. Being born with a rare Magical illness is not fun and games. When the door opened the filly steps inside her room that is decoraded to look like a normal Filly's room. A normal filly, something she'll never be. The ponies stepped in the room aswell.

"Now, Deadly, you have been called here because Mr. Hoofcliff wanted to give you something" The first one said. Deadly looked over at them, confused.
"Give me something? What is it?" She asked. The Security ponies looked at eachother and then the second pony pulled out a wrapped up pacakge. It was wrapped in a colored saprkly paper and was tied with a red band. The filly carfully lit up her horn, a purple aura started to cover the package as she levitated it towards her. She placed in front of her in the bed and was about to unwrap it until she noticed a note on the package. It read:

Deadly, My dearest daughter

I hope this gift will give you a happy hearth's warming.
I wish i could be there for you,
I wish i would be able to get you out,
However i can't
I dream of the day we'll reunite

-Your mom

The filly started getting tears in her eyes. She hasn't heard from her mother since she was sent to the asylum. A real happy smile started to form on her face as she started to unwrap the package. Inside was something quite beautiful. A necklace. An orange star formed gem on it too. Deadly lifted it up and put it around her neck. It matched her nightgown. She looked over at the security ponies.

"Can you tell Mr. Hoofcliff to send a letter to my mom from me?" She asked, actually happy. The ponies looked at eachother and nodded.
"We can do that, Deadly. May we ask, Do you want to go to be early tonight?" The second one asked. Deadly thought about it. Then smiled and nodded.
"Sure, i'll go to bed, i'm quite tired" She said. She removed the remains of the package away from her bed and crawled under the covers. The security ponies was on their way out.
"Sleep peacfully, Deadly" They said and locked the door.

Now Deadly was alone in her room. Normally she didn't like to be alone in the giant room, but tonight was different. With the necklace around her neck, it felt like her mother was by her side. Deadly misses her mother, she knew it wasn't her fault that she was sent here. The filly would of course forgive her mother. However the question was, would she forgive Her? Even if they'd reunite, Deadly would still be sick. She'll still have the illness. She'll never be normal.

Though that's what she thinks. No matter what she says and what she thinks, She's still a child and still has the mindset of a child. That would include a wild imagination. Deadly wasw now sleeping soundly, a smile on her face thinking about her mother. Still, Will that smile remain there for long? Then suddenly and mysteriously, in the darkness of Deadly's room.

The Necklace began to glow a warm orange color.