• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 337 Views, 3 Comments

The Hearths Warming Journey - DeadlyKDPonys



HoofCliff Asylum is celabrating Hearth's Warming. An 8 year old filly gets a present from the mom she hasn't seen. However that gift will lead her on a magical journey.

  • ...
 3
 337

{2} The Fight

Author's Note:

Ok, here comes the AU part. You see Discord will be in this story, but not really. Throughout the rest of the story, Deadly is in a Fantasy the reason why in the last chapter i wrote 'She's still a child, and has the imagination of a child'. Though she's never met Discord she has been hearing stories about him.
Oh yeah forgot to mention the main thing. He's an evil king in Deadly's fantasy.....Shocker. Ok now that you get that Let's move on.

(Took also inspiration from The nutcracker story, but it's not the main focus)

Ding Dong

The clock has striked midnight. The clock's chimes echoed through the hallways. Though did not disrturb the little filly sleeping peacufully in her comfy bed. In her hooves was a Fox plushie, She had named him Foxy [Don't hate me] Her room was dark and silent. The only source of slight was that of her window, and the glow comming from her necklace.

Then the necklace shot a beam at the wall, still not disturbing the filly. The beam opened a small portal in the wall. Out came an army of...Diamond dogs? Mouse sized Diamond Dogs. Following them was a Mismatched creature. A Draconaquis. He was wearing a misstiched cape with a Gem. He was also wearing a crown upon his head.

"Alright, where is that amulet" He asked, looking around the room. He then heard one of the diamond dogs bark.
"Up there, my lord" They said. The Mismatched creature looked up to see an Orange star gem, hanging from the bed side. He smirked.
"Well, then, Grab it!" He commanded. The dogs saluted and went over to the bed. They climbed on top of eachother to reach the gem. When the last one was up, they were about to grab the gem until they saw the face of a pony, sleeping. To the dog the pony was gigantic and their breath caused the dogs to fly backwards. The Diamond dogs all fell to the floor. Their Lord began to get angry.

"What was that?" He asked, darkly. The dogs instantly sat up.
"We apolagise, Lord Discord, but the amulet is being weared by a pony. Who's currently sleeping" One of them explained. The Lord, Discord growled at that, he just thought the dogs was just lazy or stupid and decided to take matters into his own hands.

He used his magic and then became bigger. He almost hit the ceiling even. Though when he reached the size he then noticed it. The amulet was being weared by a unicorn filly. He certanly did not expect this.
"My mage did say that the amulet was going to be found in a 'Insane Hospital', And here is a filly, living in this hospital" He said to himself. Though he shrugged.
"No matter" He said, reaching his claw out to grab the amulet. However when he got close, the amulet sapped him. He almost groaned in pain, but he didn't want to wake up the filly. He noticed the Filly stirr, but no signs of waking up.

When the pain dimmed, Discord growled. Of course would the amulet be enchanted. He moved his attention towards the sleeping filly. He actually began thinking that she was a little adorable. He shook his head at that thought. He began thinking of something. Then a wicked girn formed on his face.
"If we can't take the Amulet from the Filly. Then we have to take the filly along with Amulet!" He said. He was about to take the filly until somethign bit his ear.
"Ouch!" He yelped. The thing biting him let go and landed on the bed. It was the Fox plushie. However the Fox was more of a pony, a unicorn, He had sowrd hanging from his belt. Discord growled at the plushie.
"Who are you?" He asked. The plushie guarded the filly, but kept his eyes on the creature.
"I would be Foxy, my name being given by this young filly, i've been enchanted to protect her and i will not let you put a finger on her" He said. Foxy used his magic to pull out the sword.
"If you're gonna take Young Deadly, then you have to kill me" He said.

Discord snickered at that. Foxy glared at the Draconaquis, What was he laughing at?
"Well, killing you would be easy , considering i am 10 times bigger then you" Discord said. Foxy seemed offended by that.
"Size doesn't matter, beast!" He said. Discord was almost couldn't keep the laughter in.
"Let me make this fair, shorty" The Mismatched creature said, snapping his fingers. Discord staretd to shrink to his 'Mouse' size again. Then, ignoring the short comment, Foxy charged at him.

Discord managed to dodge though. And the Fight begins. Foxy was determined to keep this monster away from his caretaker. Though he was worried the fighting would wake her up. For now his objective was to fight this beast. Foxy kept on charging the Draconaquis, but he kept on dodging him and even used his powers to slow him down a little. This kept on going and going.

Foxy started to lose his energy. He can't fail his caretaker now. He was braught to life to protect her. He shook his head to snap out of it and kept on fighting.
Unfortunatly All the noise made Deadly start to wake up. She opened her eyes slowly. 'What's all this noise? Is it morning already?' She thought. When her vision cleared, she noticed going on down at the floor. She peaked from the edge of the bed to be suprised that there were small dogs in armour? And they were pinning a tiny pony to the floor?
Deadly rubbed her eyes, she couldn't belive what she was seeing. When she opened her eyes again, the tiny creatures were still there.
'Have i already gone insane? Or have i always been insane? I don't even know anymore' She thought. She then started to notice the tiny pony's features, they almost recembled that of a fox. That made something clicked in her head. She looked around her bed. She couldn't find her Fox plushie. That must mean that tiny pony down there must be her plushie.

She also noticed the mismatched creature standing infornt of her plushie. He spoke up.
"Well, then little fox, even though i was looking forward to maybe future fights i think this is the end for you" The creature said. Deadly's eyes widden. He was gonna kill Foxy?! Well she couldn't just lay there and watched. She at up in her bed, catching the attention of her plushie and the dogs. Of course the mismatched creature had his back facing her. He looked at the dogs in cofusion.

"What?" He asked. Before he knew it he was grabbed by a crimson hoof. He turned his head to face the filly who he thought was still sleeping. He started into her intense blue eyes.
"What are you doing with Foxy?" Deadly asked, glaring. Discord had no words, though being grabbed by a clearly grumpy filly is not something you think would happen to you.
"I will not let you hurt my plushie!" The unicorn said, shaking Discord vilontly in her hoof. She was clearly angry and Discord didn't want to be known as the king who got beaten up by a filly, he needed to make her stop.
"Why don't you pick on somepony your own size?!" She asked. Then it clicked for Discord. He snapped his fingers and everything black for Deadly.

Once she opened her eyes she saw that her room had become gigantic. She looked around and noticed that her plushie and the dogs had gotten bigger too. No wait that's not right, everything hasn't gotten bigger. She turned to see the Mismatched creature towering over her.

She had gotten Smaller!

Now she was a filly in his perspective. Deadly's eyes were wide and she started to shake. Discord chuckled at the scared filly.
"Looks like tables have turned, Little filly" He said. Deadly started to step away, but Discord only stepped closer to her.
"Now why don't you be a good little filly and come with me" He told her. Terror striked the filly. He was gonna fillynap her?! She instantly started to run as fast as she could. Her heart starting to beat quickly. Discord started to chase her causing the filly to panic even more.
She reached the dollhouse Mr. Hoofcliff gave on her birthday. She ran to the second floor and hid under a table that had a cloth covering the openings. Her heart was beating like crazy, she tried her best to calm down.

'Calm down, Deadly, you can't loose control over your emotions, not now, this is a bad time to loose it. Control your emotions' She told herself. She then heard Discord comming inside the dollhouse.
"Oh Young Filly, Where are you? Why don't be a good little girl and come to me" He called out. Deadly was scared out of her mind, she is completley defenseless, she's not able to use her magic, she can't call out to anyone. What is she going to do?

She then heard Discord entering the room she was hiding in. She kept quiet. There was complete silence. She could sense Discord was leaving.
"Well, if you're not comming out then i'll kill your little plushie friend" He said. Deadly let out a squeak and quickly went silent, praying he didn't hear it. It was silent. Too silent.
"There you are!" Discord said, lifitng up the table cloth revealing Deadly. The shrieked and tried to get away, but Discord Grabed her by her mane and pulled her towards him. Deadly tried to get out of it, but she wasn't strong enough.
Discord then lifted her up and kept her close to him, then began taking her away.

Deadly tried to get out of the creatures hold, but to no avail. They had reached the spot where The dogs were still having Foxy pinned to the floor. The plushie was shocked to see the filly in that monsters hold.
"Young Deadly!" He called out. Deadly looked at her plushie, tears started to form in her eyes.
"Foxy! Help me!" She begged her Plushie friend. Foxy threw Discord a death Glare.
"I won't let you take Deadly away!" He said, trying to get up, but couldn't manage. Discord grinned.

"Looks like you will let me take her away" He said, chuckling. He then Felt the filly...Shaking? He looked over at Deadly. She was shaking, but not only that, she was also crying, she held her head with her hooves then her eyes started to flicker different colors. Foxy gasped. He knew what that meant.

The filly squeezed her eyes shut and then she let out a ear piercing shriek, It was so strong it caused Discord and the dogs to fly across the room. However Foxy wasn't effected, although he did need to block his ears. Then the screams dimmed and Deadly fell to the floor in Pain. Foxy quickly ran over to her side to see if she was ok. She was in pain, she was breathing hevily, but other than that she was ok. Foxy noticed that Discord and the Dogs quickly ran to the portal, Retreating.
Foxy sighed in relief.

His caretaker was safe for now.