• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 1,910 Views, 31 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Big Adventure - ThomasZoey3000



What began as a dull day turns into the biggest adventure of a lifetime for Pony Sweetie Belle as she travels to another world, face dangerous threats of the past and meets her own human counterpart.

  • ...
0
 31
 1,910

Finding the Answer

Chapter 5: Finding the Answer

The next day, the human versions of Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were making their way to school. Thanks to the mysterious e-mail from the night before, human Sweetie Belle was ready for any of Diamond Tiara's nasty tricks. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, along with Babs Seed, were stunned by the e-mail from the night before, and wondered just who would try to warn Sweetie Belle like that.

"It has to be someone from our school," whispered Apple Bloom, "there's no other way anyone else could warn Sweetie Belle."

"Yeah, but only the three of us know each other's e-mail addresses," Scootaloo whispered back, "how did this person learn Sweetie Belle's e-mail address?" Both girls shrugged their shoulders, they weren't sure, and neither was Sweetie Belle. "On a different topic though, do you think the other Sweetie Belle is enjoying herself here?"

"I think she is," answered Human Sweetie Belle, "she certainly was interested in the video games we were playing last night. Maybe next time she can play games with us."

"How can she? She has hooves while we have hands."

"She does have a horn," whispered Apple Bloom, "so she can use her magic to operate the controls."

Human Sweetie Belle nodded to that, and they carried on without mentioning another word on the Pony Sweetie Belle.

Soon they reached the school where they found Diamond Tiara. She had a smirk on her face, which meant only one thing, she was ready to put her plan into action.

"Hey Sweetie Belle, you smell! And your voice sounds terrible!" she insulted.

This would normally get an angry response, but not this time, "thanks for letting me know, I'll put on some perfume, and practise my singing a bit more."

Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo giggled, while Diamond Tiara gasped in shock.

Once they were out her sight, Sweetie Belle whispered to her friends, "she's got quite a mouth on her. I'll be lucky if I don't blow up in her face."

"Just hold back a bit more," whispered Apple Bloom. "You'll do fine."

It was at that moment that the three girls saw Rarity and her friends walking into the school. Human Sweetie Belle walked over towards them, "hey Rarity, did you read my note from yesterday?"

"Note? What note?"

"The one I left on the fridge. Didn't you see it?"

"No I didn't. There was nothing on the fridge except for our grocery shopping list."

Human Sweetie Belle was confused. She did write a note for her sister to read as a back-up plan, just in case she couldn't get the words out. So where did the note go?

"It must've fallen off the fridge," she thought to herself. She then spoke to her sister, "well it's really important, and it will help you. You see..."

But the school rang and stopped her from talking. Rarity didn't even bother to say good bye, she just took off for class.

"Oh sure, ignore the ghost of your family why don't you?!" she shouted angerily.

Sunset Shimmer had heard that remark and was worried, "I sense tensions are building between those sisters. I hope it doesn't get worse," she thought to herself.

Still, with the school bell ringing, the students had to get to class.


Back in Equestria, for the third day in a row, the fillies were at Twilight's castle and going threw every single book. Many of them though were getting tired of looking, "it's hopeless!" cried Scootaloo. "I can't find anything! Spike, are you sure Princess Celestia hasn't found anything?"

"I would've recieved a message if she did. Maybe my flames gone out." He opened his mouth and blew into the air. Green fire came shooting out, "nope I'm fully lit, so that means she hasn't found anything."

"Well then, I guess there is no answer to your question from a few nights ago."

"Don't say that," said Diamond Tiara. "There is an answer, we just got to keep looking."

Princess Twilight nodded to that and they continued. Soon though, three of the four fillies had stopped to rest their eyes while Spike went to make some tea. It was soon ready and he was just returning when he heard, "I FOUND IT! I FOUND THE ANSWER!" it was coming from Diamond Tiara.

"Gosh darn it, that filly is louder than Pinkie Pie," Spike groaned and pounded on his ears.

"What does it say Diamond?" asked Apple Bloom.

"It says 'if a traveller goes threw the crystal mirror and they're still the same on the other side of the portal, all they have to do is get a mirror, of any size, and take it with them threw the portal. The mirror will counter-act the magic of the portal and return the traveller back to where they came from without changing their forms'."

"Just like how the dark potion blocked out the magic of the portal," gasped Twilight. "Well at least now we have some hope for Sweetie Belle. Good work Diamond Tiara."

"Thanks Princess. I mean, Twilight."

Twilight then turned back to her dragon assistant, "Spike, write a note to Sunset Shimmer and let her know of what we found."

"Right away Twilight." He placed the tea down and ran off to get the journal.

He hadn't gone far before another pony came into the room. It was Rarity, and judging from the dark lines under her eyes, she hadn't slept in days and she had been crying alot.

"Hey Rarity, how are you feeling?" Twilight asked.

"Need you ask? I feel miserable without my little sister here," she answered sadly. "Please tell me she's been found."

Twilight shook her head, "we don't know yet, Spike's just writing a message to Sunset Shimmer right now. However, there is some good news, we know now of how we can get her threw the portal and keep her as a pony."

"Really?"

"Yes. If she goes in on her own, she'll transform into something else, but if she goes in with a mirror, she'll return as a pony."

"Oh how wonderful, that's the best news ever."

Spike soon returned, "I told Sunset the news, but they're still searching for Sweetie Belle. According to her, it's like trying to find a string the size of my claw nails in a haystack."

Rarity looked like she was about to cry. Twilight didn't want to see her cry, so she made a decision; "Spike, tell Sunset to meet me outside the school. I'm going to help her and the others with the search."

"You got it," he nodded and ran off again.

"Thank you Twilight," sobbed Rarity.

"You shouldn't thank me. It was Diamond Tiara that found the answer to Spike's question."

Diamond Tiara looked down nervously to the floor, "well it's what a friend does, we don't give up until we can find a way to help each other."

The room went silent, then Rarity walked up to Diamond Tiara and wrapped her fore-hooves around her, "Thank you Diamond Tiara. You may've been a bully to Sweetie Belle before, but I'm certainly glad you changed for the better. You are a sweet filly."

"Just glad I could help."

"Speaking of helping, we're going with you too," said Scootaloo to Twilight. Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon nodded.

Twilight shook her head, "I'm afraid I can't ask you to join me. There are already versions of all of you there, it would get too confusing." The fillies looked down to the ground sadly, but Twilight made a suggestion, "if you wish to continue helping, why don't you keep Rarity company until I get back?"

The fillies and Rarity liked that idea and agreed to it. And so, with that confirmed, Twilight made her way over towards the crystal mirror.

"I wrote back to Sunset, but she's got class right now and won't be able to meet you on the other side." He picked up a gem and gave it to Twilight, "once you're threw and on the other side, throw the gem back and that will be my cue to close the portal."

"You got it Spike, and remember, don't open the portal again until you get a message from me to do so. We can't let anything else come here."

Spike nodded. Twilight grabbed her saddlebags and placed the book Diamond Tiara had been looking at inside it, along with food for a pony to eat. Finally the gem-stone went in. She kicked her hooves aganist the floor, took in a deep breath and she ran towards the portal. She disappeared within seconds.

"Good luck!" called Spike. "For both your sakes."


On the other side of the portal, Twilight whoosed out and landed on the hard concrete, "silly me, I forgot to stand on two legs again," she groaned. She looked down and saw that she had hands instead of hooves. "Good, the portal hasn't been tempered with."

She reached into her now confertted backpack, pulled out the gem-stone and threw it back to Equestria. Moments later, the portal was closed. Twilight made sure by placing her hand on the surface, it was as hard as a rock.

"Right, now where do I start?" she thought to herself. She turned around and saw the school, "well I guess it wouldn't hurt to check again."

And so, she walked towards the school to begin her search.


A short while later, the human versions of Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were leaving their classroom. Diamond Tiara had tried multiple times during class to get under Sweetie Belle's skin, but nothing seemed to work. It only made her angry while the three girls smiled innocently.

As they were walking to the cafeteria, they were greeted by Vice Principal Luna, "good afternoon girls, I trust you're all getting ready for the talent show tomorrow night?"

"We sure are," nodded Apple Bloom.

"I can't believe it's going to be tomorrow night," added Scootaloo. "Where does the time go?"

Vice Principal Luna shrugged her shoulders, then she turned her attention to Sweetie Belle, "while the talent show is on tomorrow night, we also want the rest of the school to look it's best. So would you and your friends be willing to help decorate the place?"

"I actually have chores to take care of tonight," said Apple Bloom. "Plus I'm giving my cousin Babs Seed a tour of the city."

"Yeah and I got a big test to prepare for tomorrow," added Scootaloo.

But Human Sweetie Belle was all smiles, "no problem Vice Principal Luna, I'd be more than happy to help out, and if it's okay with you, I like to bring a little helper to help me out."

"Well I see no reason why not, but are you sure you can do the job on your own?"

"Oh I'm sure of it, don't worry."

"Okay then, break a leg tonight," she winked and walked off.

"That was kind of rude," said Apple Bloom.

"No that just means good luck," giggled Sweetie Belle. "If she actually said 'good luck', then it would result in bad luck."

The three girls made their way over to the food counter, only to be followed by Diamond Tiara, who was now fuming. "How can she be all smiles and not get angry? I need her to get angry so she'll get into trouble and be kicked out of the show."

Behind her was Silver Spoon. Since Diamond Tiara had told her the plans, she hadn't said a single word to her best friend.

Diamond Tiara walked up to Sweetie Belle. She was about to insult her again, but then thought of something else. If Sweetie Belle was injuried, she couldn't get on stage. So she kicked Sweetie Belle in the right leg. Sweetie Belle groaned in pain, "what did you do that for?"

"Sorry, my leg was falling asleep and I was moving it to wake it up."

"No, you did that on purpose!" snapped Scootaloo.

"Oh really? Can you prove it?" snickered Diamond Tiara.

Scootaloo was about to let Diamond Tiara have a piece of her mind, but human Sweetie Belle stopped her, "no worries, no harm done Scootaloo. The pain will go away soon enough."

Again Diamond Tiara was shocked. Even in pain, human Sweetie Belle wasn't getting angry.

"But Sweetie Belle..."

"I said it's fine." She grabbed a slice of pizza, placed it on the tray and after paying for it, walked over to a nearby table. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo followed close behind.

"You know, that was cruel of you to do that," said Silver Spoon.

"Oh yeah? Who asked for your opinion?" asked human Diamond Tiara.

"I'm just saying, you don't need to do this. There's nothing wrong with not winning. The talent show is just for fun you know."

"It's not fun in my eyes. You're either a winner, or you're a loser, and I don't intend on being a loser. I will get Sweetie Belle angry and get her into trouble, mark my words."

She turned to get some food. Silver Spoon shook her head and walked over to Sweetie Belle's table. From human Diamond Tiara's point of view, it looked like she was going to make fun of her, but that wasn't true.

"Sorry about her, she's just being a cheater." Then she walked back to the line-up of students.

"My ears must be full of wax," said human Scootaloo, "cause I thought I heard her say 'sorry' to us. Silver Spoon of all people would actually say that to us."

"What is our world coming to?" asked Apple Bloom.

Human Sweetie Belle was just as shocked as them. Then she figured that the mysterious e-mail she had gotten was from Silver Spoon. If she was the person, then why would she turn on her best friend? As if the mysteries on how to get the pony version of herself back home wasn't enough to deal with already.