• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 1,908 Views, 31 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Big Adventure - ThomasZoey3000



What began as a dull day turns into the biggest adventure of a lifetime for Pony Sweetie Belle as she travels to another world, face dangerous threats of the past and meets her own human counterpart.

  • ...
0
 31
 1,908

Meeting of the Sweetie Belles

Chapter 2: Meeting of the Sweetie Belles

With matters of dark magic involved, the letter was sent to Princess Celestia and she was asked to come to Twilight's castle. She arrived in no time at all, but it seemed that she wasn't the only one to be invited to the castle. Princess Celestia could hear sobbing coming from the library, and right away, she knew it was coming from Rarity. Sure enough, as she entered the room, she could see the fashion pony crying her eyes out while Spike held out a box of tissues.

"So it's true, a dark potion was used, and now poor Sweetie Belle is missing."

Twilight nodded unhappily, "it's true Princess Celestia, and I believe it came from the human world where Sunset Shimmer is living." Using her magic, she brought over what was left of the broken vile to the Princess of the day.

She took one sniff and backed up, "yep, it's that potion alright. I was afraid this day was going to come, and now it's here."

"What day? What are you talking about?" asked Scootaloo.

"The dark potion used to take Sweetie Belle to the human world was created by a very dangerous pony under King Sombra's control when he had the Crystal Empire. The potion was designed so no matter what, if a pony was aganist King Sombra, it would be used to bring that pony to him, and he could teach them a lesson they wouldn't forget. Sadly, many ponies fell victim to it."

"But why didn't it work on us?" asked Apple Bloom curiously. "We were all in the room when the potion exploded, except for Twilight."

"The potion was intended for all ponies, but when used, it proved to only work on unicorns or alicorns, but that didn't stop King Sombra from capturing the 'traitors' as he called them. That was until Star Swirl the Breaded got involved. He took action a week before the Crystal Empire disappeared and attacked the home of the pony making the potions, and after an intense fight, sent him away so he wouldn't cause anymore harm. The rest of the potions were destoryed, along with the only instructions that could make it, or so we thought."

Spike slapped his forehead, "it's like the Sirens all over again," he groaned.

"What do you mean?" asked Scootaloo.

"I'm not sure why, but anypony or dragon that Star Swirl faced years ago, and were banished only appear in the human world now," said Twilight. "It must be the case of this pony too."

Rarity got to her hooves, "right, let me at that pony! I'll teach him not to mess with my sister!" And she headed off towards the room with the portal. However, she didn't get far as Celestia's magic was used to bring her back.

"I'm sorry Rarity, but you don't know what it's like in that world," she said. "You don't even know where to begin."

Twilight agreed with her former teacher, "Besides, I've already sent a message to Sunset Shimmer, she'll find Sweetie Belle and she will keep her safe."

Rarity sighed as Celestia released her from her magic. She then turned to Twilight.

"Promise me you'll bring my sister home safe and sound. I honestly don't know what I would do if I lost my sister."

"I Pinkie Pie Promise that I will bring your sister home. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." And she moved her hooves in tune to the Pinkie Pie Promise. That made Rarity feel a little bit better.

Spike though had a thought, "Twilight, when you and I go threw the portal on this end, I change into a dog and you into a human. What should happen though if Sweetie Belle went threw the portal on the other end?"

"Uh...I have no idea Spike. Princess Celestia, do you know?"

Princess Celestia shook her head, "I'm afraid I do not. I don't know if she will change forms, or if something else will happen."

"Right, so while Sunset looks for Sweetie Belle, I got to find some answers," sighed Twilight and walked over towards the shelves of books. To her surprise, she found Diamond Tiara walking over there too.

"I'm going to help you find the answers," she said. "She's my friend after all, and I do anything to help any of my friends."

Twilight smiled, "very well then, let's get to work."

And so, with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo helping, the ponies began looking threw Twilight's almost endless collection of books. If there was an answer to Spike's question, they would find it.


Meanwhile, back at Canterlot High, the human versions of Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were helping Pinkie Pie with decorating the gym for the talent show. The three had started without her, but they weren't as good as she was, so the gym ended up as a bit of a mess. Thanks to her skills as a Party organizer, they soon had the gym looking grand.

"Yipee!" cheered Pinkie Pie, "this place looks better than it did last year, thank you so much for the help girls."

"Glad we could help Pinkie," said human Sweetie Belle. She sighed unhappily and slowly made her way down from the ladder, "it's about all I can do, since I won't be in the talent show."

"You're not!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, "but Rarity said you were going to give it a try."

"Yes I did, but I was too nervous."

"You should talk to Fluttershy, maybe she could give you some confidence pointers."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow, "Fluttershy? Really? She can teach Sweetie Belle something on confidence?"

"Of course she can," smiled Pinkie Pie. She picked up her backpack, tossed it into the air, and held out her arms. It came back down and landed perfectly on her back.

"How does she do that?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Don't know, I've given up trying to figure out how she does things anymore," answered Scootaloo.

"I'd love to stay and talk some more, but I promised Maud that we see a movie tonight. She says there's a really good one that just came out, and she's been excited to see it." And before the three young girls could say anything, Pinkie Pie was already out the door and heading off to find her sister.

"Have you guys ever seen Maud excited?" asked Scootaloo.

"Well I haven't really seen a smile, but once you get to know her, then you see a really nice person," answered Apple Bloom.

With nothing more for the three of them to do, they decided to head off back to their houses. As they were leaving, human Sweetie Belle heard a thumping sound from down the hallway.

"Did you hear that?" she asked her friends.

"Hear what?" asked Scootaloo.

"I thought I heard something." Human Sweetie Belle decided to investigate. Her two friends followed close behind.

The thumping sound came from under a bench, which Pony Sweetie Belle was hiding under. She had peeked her head out to see if the coast was clear, only to bang her head on the bench. Now she was really scared as three more of the strange creatures she had been seeing all afternoon walk up to her area. She dared not say a word.

"Where did the sound come from?" asked human Scootaloo.

Human Sweetie Belle listened carefully, but couldn't hear the sound again, "I'm not sure. Maybe it was just my imagination or something." And with that, they turned to leave.

"Wait a second," thought Pony Sweetie Belle to herself, "that one creature looks almost like..." BANG! She banged her head once again on the bench seat.

All three girls turned back towards the bench, "now that time I heard something," said human Scootaloo.

"Something's underneath the bench," said Apple Bloom.

Pony Sweetie Belle groaned, it was all over for her. She covered her face with her hooves and prepared herself to be discovered.


During that time, Sunset Shimmer was out and about looking for the Pony Sweetie Belle. She had recieved the message from Spike and Twilight not too long ago, but didn't get a chance to read it until after the practise session with the Sonic Rainbooms was over. She promised to keep an eye open for the pony version of Sweetie Belle, but after not finding her in the courtyard or inside the school, she was now looking all around the city. The search, as Applejack would put it, was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

"How can one filly in a world full of humans hide from my view?" she groaned. She stopped to allow herself to catch her breath, "well I better keep looking, though I wish she had gone into the school, that would've made things alot easier."

Of course Sunset had no idea that Pony Sweetie Belle was in the school, she was just too good at hiding.


That was until now as human Sweetie Belle got down on her knees to look under the bench. "Well what do you know? It's a pony."

"A pony?" gasped Apple Bloom. "What's a pony doing in our school?"

"I don't know, but it looks scared." Human Sweetie Belle spoke with a soft tone in her voice; "it's okay, you don't need to be scared. My friends and I are friendly, we won't hurt you."

Hearing that voice made Pony Sweetie Belle feel a little more at ease, so she got up and slowly walked out.

"Hey, she has a manestyle that looks similar to your hairstyle," said Apple Bloom. "Do you think this is a surprise from Rarity?"

"I don't think so, why would she bring the pony to school? She could've surprised me at the stable. Besides," she added, "if it was from her, she would've popped out by now."

"Yeah, I guess that's true."

Human Scootaloo though was looking at something else apart from the mane, "look at that strange mark on it, have you ever seen a pony with a mark like that on it's flank?"

Both girls shook their heads.

"Maybe somebody painted that mark on it, poor thing," said Human Sweetie Belle.

"Actually, that's my cutie mark," said Pony Sweetie Belle.

The three girls yelped in surprise, which scared poor Pony Sweetie Belle, who ran back under the bench. The hallway went silent after that, apart from the quiet sobs from Pony Sweetie Belle.

"Uh, we're sorry," apologized human Sweetie Belle, "we didn't mean to yell like that, it's just we've never seen a pony talk before."

She extended a hand out to the pony. At first, she didn't move, but she soon placed a hoof in her hand and walked slowly out from under the bench, "well I'm sorry I startled you."

"No harm done, but what is a cutie mark?"

"It represents a pony's talents," answered Pony Sweetie Belle. "My friends Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and myself all got our cutie marks not too long ago for helping other ponies understand their marks."

The three girls all looked to each other. The pony had mentioned both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo's names, which left a very important question, "what is your name?"

"I'm Sweetie Belle."

Human Sweetie Belle gasped, but not too loudly as she didn't want to scare the pony version of herself again. "But that's my name," she said. Now it was Pony Sweetie Belle's turn to be surprised.

"Two Sweetie Belles?" gasped the human version of Scootaloo, "now that's something you don't see everyday."

"But how did you get here?" asked Human Sweetie Belle.

"I'm not sure. I was in a room at Princess Twilight's castle with my friends, then there was an explosion and a red cloud surronded us. When it disappeared, I found myself next to a big statue."

"That would be the one out front," said Apple Bloom.

"Yes, that's it," nodded Pony Sweetie Belle. "I came in here hoping to find somepony who can help me, but I haven't seen a single pony in hours. The only creatures I've seen are you three, plus two others."

"Well it's not likely you're going to see ponies here, this is a high school," said human Sweetie Belle. "Besides the ponies of our world don't talk at all."

Now Pony Sweetie Belle was worried, "but then, how am I going to get home?" and she started to cry.

Human Sweetie Belle reached into her backpack and pulled out a tissue for the pony version of herself. Using her magic, Pony Sweetie Belle excepted the tissue and wiped the tears away from her eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll help you," she said kindly. Hearing that brought a smile back to Pony Sweetie Belle's face. "But we can't leave you here in the school, we better get you back to my place."

"And how do you suggest we do that?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Easy," smiled Scootaloo. "Meet me outside and I'll show you." And with that, she was gone in a flash.


Back in Equestria, both pony versions of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo had fallen asleep after looking threw several dozen of Twilight Sparkle's books. Princess Celestia had taken Rarity back to her parent's house where they were given the bad news. Meanwhile, Spike was making tea for both Twilight and Diamond Tiara, who were still looking threw alot of books.

When Spike returned, he came in with another pony behind him, it was Diamond Tiara's father; Flithy Rich.

"So this is where you've been all afternoon Diamond Tiara, I was wondering why you were late getting home," he said.

"Sorry Daddy, but I got something I have to do. Sweetie Belle's gone missing, and I'm trying to find some way to help bring her home."

Flithy Rich was confused by what his daughter meant, but once Spike had explained everything, he understood. Unlike his wife, Flithy Rich understood what it meant to be a friend.

"You really have changed my daughter, but now you got to come home, your food's getting cold and it'll soon be your bedtime."

"But Daddy, I can't go now!" Diamond Tiara protested.

Twilight placed the book she was reading down and walked over to Diamond Tiara, "I know you really care and want to help, but Sweetie Belle wouldn't be happy if she knew you were starving and wearing yourself down. Go home and get some rest, we'll continue our search tomorrow, we can only hope that she's found shelter for the night."

Diamond Tiara sighed and gave in. She placed the book she was reading on top of a pile of books, then went to join her father. No sooner had they left than Applejack and Rainbow Dash arrived to take the two remaining fillies home. After they had gone, Twilight looked out the window and looked up to Luna's full moom.

"Be safe out there Sweetie Belle," she said quietly.


Back in the human world, the three girls had managed to get the Pony Sweetie Belle through town without anyone taking a second glance. How they did it was simple. Scootaloo has got both a scooter and a wagon, and using it and some blankets, they were able to cover up Pony Sweetie Belle. They also placed their backpacks on Pony Sweetie Belle's back to make her look like a big radio with speakers in the wagon, or something like that.

Now inside the home, Pony Sweetie Belle looked around. It looked completely different from her own sister's home back in Ponyville.

"Rarity! We're back, and we need your help!" called human Sweetie Belle. But there was no reply from Rarity. She soon found out why as she found a note in the kitchen, "dear Sweetie Belle. Just letting you know that I've gone off to the spa for an hour, I'll be back soon. Mom and Dad are away on another trip. Help yourself to whatever is in the fridge, Love your sister; Rarity."

"Ugh!" groaned Scootaloo, "the one time we need her and she's at the spa."

"Well unlike me, she does have a huge role to play in the talent show," sighed human Sweetie Belle. "She's performing with the Rainbooms after all."

Pony Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow when she heard this.

"Well we got to get going, don't want to be late getting home," said Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom nodded, "if I'm late getting home, I'll never hear the end of it from my family. Good night Sweetie Belle, and Sweetie Belle. Hope you get back to your home soon."

Both Sweetie Belles waved good night to the human versions of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo until they had gone. Human Sweetie Belle then looked threw the fridge, "wow, there's quite a lot in here. I think I'll go for the pizza. Do you have pizza where you come from?"

"Yeah, but there's no shops in Ponyville that sell Pizza, the only place I can think of is in Manehatten."

"Manehatten huh? It almost sounds like Manhatten to me."

Human Sweetie Belle took a few slices of pizza out of the fridge and placed them on a plate. She then placed them inside a microwave to warm them up, "shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes."

"Okay." A thought came to Pony Sweetie Belle, "if those two girls were human versions of Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, then where is the human version of Diamond Tiara?"

"Diamond Tiara? Pah! That's one girl I don't want to see anytime soon."

"Why? Isn't she your friend?"

"No of course not, she's a bully for crying out loud. She's never liked us and we've never liked her, simple as that."

"Oh I see." So far that was at least three things she's counted that were different from Equestria. "Back where I come from, we're actually friends with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They used to be bullies too, but after we saw that Diamond wanted to change, we helped her out and now she's better than ever. Helping her was actually how we earned our cutie marks."

"Interesting, but that's not likely to happen here. Our Diamond Tiara is nasty to the core, and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon."

The pizza was soon warmed up and Human Sweetie Belle brought it over to the living room. She then grabbed an object that the pony version had never seen before. Moments later, something else was turned on and she ran behind the couch to hide from it.

"You don't need to be scared of this," said Human Sweetie Belle, "it's just a Television."

"A television?"

"Yes, it's a device that allows people to watch shows like concerts, news or shows with interesting stories. I don't watch alot of it myself, but I do love watching cartoons."

Again, Pony Sweetie Belle was confused, but soon understood when she saw one of those 'cartoons' appear on the television screen.

"But they're trapped in there, don't they ever come out?"

"They're not trapped in there, this cartoon was made in a studio several years ago," answered Human Sweetie Belle. "I can't explain it, but they made it and put it together to create this cartoon. And by the way, this is how I change the channels," she added, showing the remote control, "I press down on a button and I can change the channel to whatever I want to watch, or turn up or down the volume." She proved her point by turning up the volume a little bit.

Soon Pony Sweetie Belle was laughing along with the human version of herself, but it didn't last as tears came back.

"You miss your sister don't you?"

"I do," nodded Pony Sweetie Belle, "and I bet she misses me too."

After a while, Pony Sweetie Belle was starting to nod off. With Rarity still out at the spa, human Sweetie Belle took her upstairs to her room and made a makeshift bed for the little filly, "it's not perfect, but it should be better than sleeping on the hard floor."

"Thank you, you're really a kind person."

"Yeah I hear that alot," giggled human Sweetie Belle. But she didn't laugh when she heard the sobbing from the Pony counterpart. "I'll wait up a little longer for my sister to come home, then I'll tell her about you."

"Thank you."

Human Sweetie Belle carefully shut the door and went back downstairs.


It was another hour before Rarity came back to the house. She had enjoyed being at the spa and had completely lost track of time. She walked in and found her little sister asleep on the couch and watching cartoons again.

"Oh Sweetie Belle, you didn't need to wait up for me," she thought to herself.

She picked up her little sister and carried her back to her bedroom. She tucked her in, and kissed her on the forehead, "sweet dreams my little sister." She silently closed the door behind her and went back to her room.

Human Sweetie Belle's room was mostly dark, so while bringing in her little sister, Rarity didn't see the Pony version of Sweetie Belle laying on the make-shift bed. She was looking up to the moon and wondering what her sister was doing right now. She wanted to be with her family more than anything, but for right now, she was with the human version of herself and no-one else. She felt both lonely and scared.