• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 1,908 Views, 31 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Big Adventure - ThomasZoey3000



What began as a dull day turns into the biggest adventure of a lifetime for Pony Sweetie Belle as she travels to another world, face dangerous threats of the past and meets her own human counterpart.

  • ...
0
 31
 1,908

Making the Cut

Author's Note:

Song Lyrics Included are: Someone's Watching Over Me by Hilary Duff

Chapter 4: Making the Cut

At lunchtime, human Twilight told all her friends of what she had seen.

"That's got to be Dark Soul," sighed Sunset. "We'll really need to step up our game and find that pony before he does." She then checked her watch, "we have about thirty minutes for lunch, so that should give us a little more time."

The six other girls nodded and headed off, except for Twilight, "do you want me to get Spike? He might be able to get her scent."

Sunset shook her head, "the time it would take to get Spike means you won't have enough time to search for her. However, you can get him later tonight and we'll see if he can track her down."

And on that note, the two girls ran out of the school. Human Sweetie Belle once again tried to get their attention, but they were too far to hear her properly.

"Not again," groaned human Sweetie Belle.

"Hey no worries," Apple Bloom said assuringly, "you'll get your chance to talk to them later. Besides, you did leave that note, so Rarity's bound to find out about our new little friend."

"Yeah I guess you're right."

"Also, you have other matters to worry about right now," said Scootaloo. "Your audition for the talent show is just a few minutes away, so you might want to get your tail over to the gym."

Human Sweetie Belle nodded and hurried over to the gym. The last few students were doing their performances when they arrived. Babs Seed was watching from back stage.

"These kids are really good," she said to the trio of girls, "you'll have to sing your heart out if you hope to get the last spot in the show."

Human Sweetie Belle gulped just hearing that.

"Sweetie Belle, it's your turn!" cried the voice of Principal Celestia.

Still nervous, human Sweetie Belle walked onto the stage. Once again, the two principals were sitting on their chairs with clipboards in hand. In the doorway, like yesterday, were Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They both gave thumbs down and giggled, but not too loudly as they did not want to be seen by the principals.

"Go whenever you're ready," said Vice Principal Luna.

Sweetie Belle took in a deep breath, and remembering what Sunset had told her, she opened her mouth and the words just flowed out.

Found Myself today

Oh I found myself and ran away

Something pulled me back

The voice of reason I forgot I had

All I know is you're not here to say

What you always used to say

But it's written in the sky tonight

So I won't give up

No I won't break down

Sooner than it seems life turns around

And I will be strong

Even if it all goes wrong

When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe

Someone's Watching Over Me

Seen that ray of light

And it's shining on my destiny

Shining all the time

And I won't be afraid

To follow everywhere it's taking me

All I know is yesterday is gone

And right now I belong

To this moment to my dreams

So I won't give up

No I won't break down

Sooner than it seems life turns around

And I will be strong

Even if all goes wrong

When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe

Someone's Watching Over Me

It doesn't matter what people say

And it doesn't matter how long it takes

Believe in yourself and you'll fly high

And it only matters how true you are

Be true to yourself and follow your heart

So I won't give up

No I won't break down

Sooner than it seems life turns around

And I will be strong

Even if it all goes wrong

When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe

That I won't give up

No I won't break down

Sooner than it seems life turns around

And I will be strong

Even when it all goes wrong

When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe

That someone's Watching over

Someone's watching over

Someone's watching over me

Yeah, ohh, Someone's Watching Over Me

With the song now done, Human Sweetie Belle had to take a few seconds to get her breath back. She then looked around her, and found her friends cheering backstage, while everyone else, including Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, with their jaws dropped open. After some silence, there came a thunderous appluse.

"That was wonderful Sweetie Belle," smiled Principal Celestia, "I felt like I was listening to the original song."

Vice Principal Luna nodded in agreement, as did every other student. The two principals sent them on their way, then Luna turned back to human Sweetie Belle, "congratulations Sweetie, you're officially the last student to join the talent show."

"Oh thank you," she beamed happily.

"Make sure you give your voice plenty of rest, and be ready for the talent show two nights from now. And good luck."

The principals got up from their seats and walked out of the gym. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Babs Seed ran out and congratulated Sweetie Belle for making the cut. Sweetie Belle was happy about that, but she only wished that Rarity had been there for real and not just in her imagination.

Outside the gym, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were discussing the performance.

"I hate to say it Silver Spoon, but with Sweetie Belle in the contest, I may not stand a chance of winning. She could in fact win the whole thing." Diamond Tiara shuddered at the mere thought of it, "it should be a crime for her to win."

"Perhaps, but what can you do about it? She's in the talent show, and that's the end of that."

Diamond Tiara kicked the ground unhappily, but then a sneaky thought came into her head and a grin came to her face, "not if she gets into trouble."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Simple, if a student gets into any fights or cause destruction to school property, they can be suspended from school and can't join in on special events, like a talent show for example. So if Sweetie Belle got into trouble, she's out and I for sure will win the talent show."

"But what if she gets expelled instead?"

Diamond Tiara stuck her head in the air like a stuck up person, "that's not my concern, if anything, it will bring me nothing but joy."

She then walked away, snickering to herself. But Silver Spoon wasn't enterily sure about this. She wanted Diamond Tiara to win the talent show, but not at the expanse of another student's place in the school. But what could she do? Turn on her friend? Or let her go threw with her plan?


While all of this was going on, Pony Sweetie Belle was trying to make herself at home in Human Sweetie Belle's house, but she was finding it difficult. Looking at a black box with two other boxes sitting on either side of it, she accidently turned on what she would later learn to be a sterio, and sadly the music was loud. Thankfully, she did shut it off, but there was a ringing in her ears for a while. She then tried to watch the television, but wasn't sure how to find the cartoons.

In the end though, she gave up. She just got herself a bowl of ice cream, and remembering all she was taught by her own sister, cleaned everything up before going back to Human Sweetie Belle's bedroom. Thankfully, she had some adventure novels, so that was something Pony Sweetie Belle could do to pass the time.

Using her magic, she pulled out a novel book, but it had been jammed into the book shelf and when it came free, another book came crashing down to the floor, missing Pony Sweetie Belle with inches to spare.

"Whew, that was close," she gasped.

She was about to put it back, when she noticed something sticking out of it. It was a photograph, "uh oh, better put this back in the album." She did so, but soon found herself looking at the various photographs. There were some like the ones Pony Rarity had back in Equestria, but then there were others when it showed Rarity with her other friends, including a girl that Sweetie Belle had never seen before, and there was no sign of Human Sweetie Belle in any of those photos.

"Don't they ever hang out with each other anymore?" Sweetie Belle asked herself. "I couldn't imagine not spending time with my sister."

With the photograph back in it's spot, Pony Sweetie Belle put the photo album back on the shelf. As she was doing that, she noticed another book that looked to be a diary. Curious, she decided to have a look at the contents on the inside.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind if a Sweetie Belle read it," she thought to herself. "I hope."

Many of the enteries were from Human Sweetie Belle's earlier days. They explained about all the good times she had with human Rarity. The later enteries though were different.

"Rarity is hanging out with her friends again, and it makes me feel left out. I know at Christmas time she promised to spend more time with me, but with her going out to save the world all the time, and helping Sunset Shimmer to learn about Friendship, I'm finding that I'm spending less time with her than ever before. I hope she will cheer me on during the Talent show, that is if I get in at all."

"These two don't get along that well? But Rarity and I get along quite well, so what's different?"

Then she remembered. Not too many moons ago, she and Rarity had gotten into a big argument and become unsisters for a while. It happened because of minor mistakes made by Sweetie Belle and Rarity's refusal to do anything with her. In the end, Rarity got her hooves dirty, literally, and ran a race with Sweetie Belle during the Sisterhooves Social. Maybe this world's Rarity and Sweetie Belle haven't had a moment like their pony counterparts.

"She sounds like she's lonely, maybe I should spend some time with her and help her build a strong bond with her sister again, at least until I go back to Equestria," Pony Sweetie Belle thought to herself.

She put the diary back, picked up the adventure novel and started reading it while eating the ice cream she got out of the freezer.


The end of the school day soon came. Human Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Babs Seed were just walking out when they spotted Diamond Tiara learning aganist one of the stair railings.

"Sweetie Belle, I heard you sing today and I got to say that I am impressed with that singing voice."

"Uh thanks, I guess."

"You might have a chance at winning the talent show," she said in a sly way, "but I'd be careful if I were you. Any slip-ups might cost you your spot in the show."

"And what the hey is that suppose to mean?" Apple Bloom asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh nothing, I'm just giving Sweetie Belle a head's up. You know how some students are, they'll try anything to ensure that they win."

"Yeah like you for example," snapped Scootaloo. "You better not try anything Diamond Tiara, or you'll have to deal with all of us."

"And she does mean all of us," added Babs Seed firmly.

Diamond Tiara just snickered, "don't say I didn't warn you when it happens." And she walked away, snickering the entire time.

Scootaloo growled crossly, "I seriously do not like that girl. Hey hold on a second, where's her friend Silver Spoon?" The four girls looked all around, but couldn't see Silver Spoon.

The only people they could see was Sunset Shimmer and all her friends, including Rarity.

"Well Rarity won't stay long enough to listen, but if anyone will listen, it's Sunset Shimmer," Human Sweetie Belle thought to herself.

She walked over towards the group, calling out Sunset's name. Thankfully, she heard Sweetie Belle and waited for her to walk up, "hey Sweetie Belle, what's going on?"

"I know that you guys are busy, but I have something to tell you about the..." she looked around and whispered; "the pony version of myself."

"Oh? Do tell me Sweetie Belle."

"Well..."

"We know you want to help," interupted a voice. Human Sweetie Belle spun round, for there was Rarity standing right behind her. How she snuck up behind her, Sweetie Belle just didn't know. "We appearcite the offer, but leave the whole 'saving the filly, and the world' business to us."

"But that..."

But Rarity was already turning to leave. Human Sweetie Belle once again kicked the ground, "I feel like a ghost around here."

"Really? Cause a ghost is invisable to everyone, and yet I can see you," said Sunset with a slight chuckle. Human Sweetie Belle though did not laugh. "I got to get going anyways, but if you want to tell me something, text me later and I'll reply back to you." She wrote down her phone number quickly and gave it to Sweetie Belle.

She turned to leave, but Sweetie Belle called out to her again, "Thanks again, I owe you big time."

"Nah you owe me nothing," she smiled.

She then left, with an odd feeling about both Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Babs Seed, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo walked up to human Sweetie Belle, "what was that all about?" asked Babs Seed.

"Oh I just wanted to thank her for the advice she gave me yesterday," answered human Sweetie Belle. "And...well why don't we show you of why I've been trying to get their attention?"

Babs Seed nodded, and on that note, she followed the three young girls back to Sweetie Belle's house.


Pony Sweetie Belle was waiting at the top of the stairs as the four girls walked in. Babs Seed could hardly believe she was seeing a pony in the house, "shouldn't it be at the stables?"

"We asked those questions yesterday," said Scootaloo, "and that's no ordinary pony."

"I can tell, it has a mane style like Sweetie Belle's haircut."

"I'm not an 'it'!" exclaimed Pony Sweetie Belle, which made Babs Seed jump. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo rolled their eyes.

Human Sweetie Belle looked up to the pony version of herself, "you sure know how to make people jump don't you? Now come on down here and introduce yourself."

Pony Sweetie Belle nodded and ran down the stairs.

As she introduced herself to Babs Seed, and the latter did the same, Human Sweetie Belle heard a beeping from her phone. She pulled it out of her backpack and looked to see a message from an unknown source.

Diamond Tiara is planning to get you into trouble. Don't get angry, and don't get involved in fights, or else you'll lose your spot in the talent show and in the school. There wasn't even a name printed after the message, which confused Human Sweetie Belle. But now she knew what Diamond Tiara was talking about, and would be ready for any of her tricks.