• Published 2nd Dec 2017
  • 2,910 Views, 43 Comments

Alicorn Nature - SC_Orion



Rainbow got everything she wanted in Twilight, along with a little more than she asked for.

  • ...
6
 43
 2,910

Preening

Rainbow grunted as she plucked a broken feather out of her wing, feeling a tinge of pain as she tugged the shaft out of herself. She ruffled her wings and spat the feather out of her mouth. She watched the broken feather for a second, then returned her gaze to her left wing and looked it over. Despite the broken feather she pulled being removed, she knew she was only just getting started.


It had been so, so long since she had preened. Far, far too long, and now she was paying for it. She could not spot a single feather properly aligned- some were twisted, while some just weren't straight. Compared to how her feathers were supposed to be aligned, she could feel how each feather was improperly aligned, and it nagged at her mind, constantly telling her just how bad of a shape her wings were in.


She clenched her jaw, then sighed and pulled her wing forward. She reached back with her muzzle, then nipped on some of the long primaries near the base of her wing. She nudged her muzzle around until one of the feathers slipped into her mouth, then she reached back to the base, taking the entire feather inside her muzzle. She thought for a moment, then with a quick series of nudges and twitches, she realigned it. She pressed her tongue to the shaft of the feather, then pulled her head back, running her tongue along the feather's length, slicking it back and cleaning it. She repeated the process again, going over the feather with her tongue, but this time on the top rather than bottom.


She grimaced. One feather in pristine condition, slicked back and smooth, out of dozens, if not hundreds of feathers, which were all disarrayed. "This is going to take forever..." she muttered hopelessly.


She sighed in defeat, then leaned back and grabbed the next feather with her mouth, then started nudging it into alignment. She stopped as she heard the door open. She blinked, then glanced towards the doorway.


Twilight looked at her quizzically.


Rainbow slowly pulled her head back, slicking back her feather with her tongue. "Uh, hi," she greeted.


"I think this is the first time I've walked in on you preening," Twilight noted.


Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Hey, just because I don't like to brush my mane doesn't mean that I don't preen, okay? I take good care of my wings!"


Twilight smiled playfully, then walked into the bedroom and closed the door with her magic. "I know you do, but you did kind of let them become a mess lately."


Rainbow winced and shifted her weight. "Yeah... ugh... make sure I don't do that again. Please, Twi... this is going to take forever..." her ears pinned back, and her expression filled with dread at the prospect.


"Well, maybe I can help you?" Twilight offered, smiling gently. She casually approached the bed, then hopped up onto it, making the entire bed shift from her weight. The impression she left was almost large enough to make Rainbow roll into it, but as it was, the pegasus leaned towards her.


Rainbow smiled sheepishly but didn't object. She shifted her weight, then laid her wings out on the bed and laid her head down. Twilight walked over, then laid down beside her, folding her forehooves under her chest. She leaned down, then took one of Rainbow's broken feathers in her muzzle. She jerked her head to the side, then tugged her head back. Rainbow tensed up and squeaked as Twilight plucked the broken feather from her wing.


Twilight levitate the feather out of her mouth and giggled a little, then she leaned back down and took an unbroken feather in her mouth. She twitched her head around a few times and realigned the feather, then she quickly ran her tongue down the shaft, top and bottom. Rainbow closed her eyes and sighed.


Over the next half hour, Twilight lovingly cared for her pegasus, preening her and cleaning her feathers. When she finished, she leaned down to Rainbow and nuzzled into her mane, then she opened her mouth and started licking the pegasus. "Twilight!" Rainbow groaned, folding her wings and trying to scurry away, only for Twilight to grab Rainbow and pull herself closer.


Twilight paused for a moment, then nudged Rainbow's head and pinned it to the bed. She flashed Rainbow a smile, and Rainbow just sort of stared at the wall indignantly. Twilight giggled, then started lapping at Rainbow's neck with long, loving strokes, gradually slicking back her fur and tinting it a darker shade of blue from her saliva.


"Gee, thanks," Rainbow muttered. "I already took a shower, you know. I don't need a bath again."


Twilight pressed her nose against Rainbow's neck, then slowly rubbed it up and down. "You know you love me," she replied, then resumed licking her.


"Yeah, and it's a good thing too," Rainbow muttered.


Twilight snorted, then pulled back and nipped at her ear, making Rainbow squeak. She ran her tongue down to the base, then dragged it back as she lifted her head up, slicking back Rainbow's coat.