• Published 2nd Dec 2017
  • 2,909 Views, 43 Comments

Alicorn Nature - SC_Orion



Rainbow got everything she wanted in Twilight, along with a little more than she asked for.

  • ...
6
 43
 2,909

Metabolism

"Whew! Ah reckon it's been a while since we've all just hung out like this," Applejack commented.


Twilight nodded in agreement and sighed. "This is nice, girls," she agreed. "I've missed our picnics. Life's just not the same without them..."


Rainbow snorted and rolled her eyes.


Twilight opened her eyes and looked at Rainbow. She spread her right wing out, then laid it over Rainbow's body and then pulled Rainbow close up against her side. Everypony looked at the two of them and smiled. Rainbow groaned and buried her head in the blanket. "Twilight. How many times am I going to have to tell you not around the girls?"


Twilight simply giggled, then leaned over and nuzzled her small pegasus before pressing her muzzle against Rainbow's head, nudging her back and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "You know you love this," she said softly.


Rainbow huffed indignantly.


"That wasn't a no," Twilight said in a singsong voice.


Rainbow groaned, then leaned into Twilight. "You're just too lovable..." she relented.


"You two really are quite cute together, dear..." Rarity said softly, a gentle smile across her lips. "Your coats go so well together, almost like you were made to be a couple."


"You um... compliment each other well," Fluttershy added.


"So when are you going to have foals!?" Pinkie asked excitedly, grinning from ear to ear at the two.


Both mares tensed up and stared at her. Rainbow looked bewildered, and Twilight seemed stunned.


"Pinkie!" Rarity hissed. "That's rude to ask that. I'm sure that-"


"Moving on!" Twilight exclaimed, forcing a laugh and smiling a faked smile. "Hahaha!" She looked over at Applejack, then tilted her head and leaned forward. "Applejack, didn't you bring cider?"


Applejack took a deep breath and nodded. "Ah sure did," she replied.


Rainbow perked up immediately and stood up. Her tongue flopped out of her mouth. "Cider!?"


Twilight rolled her eyes, then folded her wing and sat up.


Applejack smirked. "Yeap. I'm surprised you didn't notice before now."


Rainbow looked at Applejack curiously. "Huh?"


Applejack stood up, then walked around to the other side of the tree. There was a blanket covering a stack of barrels which had gone unnoticed. Applejack bit down on the blanket, then back up and pulled it off, revealing three kegs of the delightful cider.


Rainbow's eyes glistened in joy at the sight, and she let out an excited, girlish squeal and ran in place as Applejack brought one of the kegs around. "Ah know how much you like this stuff, so... I brought extra. And one of them is a gift for ya."


"Thank you, Applejack... that wasn't necessary though," Twilight replied.


Rainbow glared at Twilight. "Wasn't necessary!? Of course, it was necessary!"


Twilight shook her head and sighed.


Applejack rolled a keg around, then stood it up and stuck a tap into it. She grabbed a couple mugs from the picnic basket, then filled them and distributed them to Twilight and Rainbow before giving herself a mug. "This one's the kind y'all like. The other one's for them," she said, nodding her head towards Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy.


"Ah," Rarity replied.


Rainbow grabbed her mug, then chugged it down. She sat down on her haunches and let out a pleased moan. "So good..."


Twilight slowly sipped her mug and smiled a little. "I've missed this," she stated. "It's nice..."


Rainbow looked over at Twilight and grinned. "I bet I can outdrink you!"


"Uhh, Rainbow, I don't think that's a good idea," Applejack cautioned.


Twilight slowly turned her head to look at Rainbow. She simply raised an eyebrow at Rainbow's challenge. Rainbow met her gaze with determination.


"Rainbow, dear... Twilight's... ah, more than twice as... Well, she's..." Rarity trailed off, squinting as she searched for the right way to word it. It didn't escape her notice that Twilight glanced at her and squinted. Rarity smiled a little and bobbed her head. "Well, she's Princess Celestia's size, now," she relented. Twilight's squint disappeared.


"Come on, Twilight!" Rainbow challenged.


"Rainbow," Twilight cautioned. "You're not going to win."


Rainbow snorted and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. No offense Twilight, but you're a lightweight when it comes to this. Me and Applejack here, well, we're used to this."


Twilight smirked a little. "Oh?" she asked. "So, you're saying that I can't beat you at this?" she asked.


"Yeah, I'd bet my wings I could beat you. I don't care if you're as tall as Princess Celestia!" Rainbow replied.


"Rainbow..." Rarity trailed off, grimacing.


Twilight tilted her head and hummed. "If I win?" she asked.


Rainbow blinked. "Yeah, okay. Fine. IF you win, then... I'll help you with paperwork for a day."


"Two days," Twilight replied.


Rainbow squinted at her, then relented and agreed. "And when I win-"


"If," Twilight corrected.


Rainbow rolled her eyes. "If I win, then you have to go flying with me whenever I go flying for a week. And keep up with me."


Twilight sat up straighter. "Okay..." she replied. She swallowed, then looked back at her mug. A second passed, then she downed it and set it down.


Rainbow grinned.


"Owwwwwww..." Rainbow groaned softly.


Twilight glanced at the pegasus stirring in bed.


"Twiiii...." Rainbow whimpered. She clenched her eyes closed and slowly rolled over away from the window. "Turn off the light... please... it hurts..."


Twilight snorted, smiled, and rolled her eyes. "Rainbow, that's the sun. It's morning. You need to get up."


"No..." Rainbow complained. "Turn it offfffff please..."


Twilight raised an eyebrow, then walked over to Rainbow. She tilted her head a little, then sighed. She gently got up into the bed, then laid down beside Rainbow. She laid a wing over her pegasus, sheltering her.


"Mmm... that's nice... but... please get rid of the sun..." Rainbow mumbled.


Twilight rolled over, then pulled Rainbow up against her. She nuzzled her affectionately. "Rainbow, I'm not going to ask Celestia to lower the sun just for you. And I'm not going to try that again after what happened last time..." she trailed off and a shiver raced down her spine.


"Please... for me, Twi?" Rainbow pleaded.


Twilight sighed and shook her head. After a moment, she lit her horn, then she created an opaque barrier around the window. Immediately, the room darkened.


Rainbow sighed. "Thanks, Twi... you're the best."


Twilight leaned over to Rainbow and kissed her on the forehead. Rainbow smiled. "Now will you please tell me why exactly you thought you could beat me?"


Rainbow groaned. "I... forgot about your met... meta.... meta whatever it is."


"Metabolism," Twilight corrected. "Cider doesn't affect me because of that," she said sweetly, smiling deviously.


"You cheated..." Rainbow mumbled.


"Mmm..." Twilight trailed off and bobbed her head. "I suppose I kind of did..." she relented. "You still should have known better."


Rainbow groaned.


"Shh, it'll be okay," Twilight cooed. She snuggled up against Rainbow and embraced her protectively. She used her magic and cast a spell to help Rainbow recover.


Rainbow sighed and slowly, gradually rolled over to face Twilight, then she nestled into the large alicorn's embrace, hoping it would make the throbbing pain in her head disappear.