• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 688 Views, 4 Comments

Guide Dogs - Yosh-E-O



MLP / Animal Crossing crossover continuing personal / character-driven coping with blindness series

  • ...
3
 4
 688

Chapter 3 - Welcome to Canine Crossroads

A massive crowd of anthropomorphic animals gathered as the Royal Chariot landed at the center of Canine Crossroads.

“Fascinating,” admired Twilight. “It seems a number of species live here, too.”

Spike leaned to whisper in Yosh’s ear.
“Twilight is surprised that we are seeing so many different creatures living together,” he said.

“What kind of creatures?” asked Yosh. “Can you describe them to me?”

Spike recalled how his friend needed to get an ‘Verbal Description’ of his surroundings in order to know what he was incapable of seeing for himself.
“Mostly birds, squirrels, dogs, and any other animals we know to be wild or pets back in Equestria all seem to be dressed up in clothes and admiring our approach,” he described.

“See any ducks?” blushed Yosh. “Any dragon-ducks?”

Spike peeked over the side as they landed.
“I think there is a baby duck running circles around a fountain,” he announced.

KA-KLUNK
GALLOP-GALLOP
GALLOP
CLOP-CLOP

The four Pegasus guards came to a stop and awaited instructions.

“Mayor!” a female voice called out. “You’re finally here!”

Twilight smiled.
“Oh!” she beamed. “Seems we are getting quite the greeting.”

“Don’t forget to smile and wave,” stated Spike as he opened up a scroll of ‘To Dos’ Twilight had written for their initial arrival into Canine Crossroads.

“Halt!” the guards stated firmly as a yellow dog with bells tied into her hair came dashing forward.

“Oh,” the dog whimpered as she allowed her clipboard to hang loosely alongside her green skirt. “I’m just hear for our new mayor.”

“And you are?” another guard asked firmly.

“Why,” she replied with a blush. “I’m Isabelle! I’m the one who asked Princess Celestia to send us a new mayor to fix our town!”

“What?” wondered Twilight. She didn’t know if lack of sleep was making her hear things but she swore that the delegate was implying they asked the Equestrian trio to come to run their town instead of build friendly relations with it.

“Hi!” cried Isabelle while waving towards the chariot. “Is there a ‘Yosh’ amongst you?”

“Uh,” the dragon duck baffled as he stood up and looked towards the sound of the female voice and jingling bells. “I’m Yosh.”

“Perfect!” gleed Isabelle as she made her way past the guards and helped the dragon duck out of the carriage. “I’m so glad Princess Celestia could spare you to help our town, mayor.”

“What?” gasped both Spike and twilight as Isabelle started leading Yosh into the wooded city.

“Orders, Princess Twilight?” the guards called out.

“Uh… Well… Oh!” struggled the sleep deprived Alicorn.

“I’ve got this,” said Spike proudly as he leapt down and moved past the guards. “Yosh is my brother and brothers look after each other.”

“Spike!” cried Twilight.

“Do pardon us,” stated a swanky-looking raccoon who had two kits behind him. “My name’s Tom Nook and I’d like to show you around our beautiful city. You did bring bits, right?”

Twilight didn’t know what they had gotten themselves into. However the only way to find out, rescue Yosh, and make sure her number one assistant was alright was to play along until the intentions of Isabelle and canine Crossroads became fully known.