• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 349 Views, 7 Comments

A scientist's experiment - CCF_100



A scientist makes a portal that goes to the pony's universe.

  • ...
 7
 349

Chapter 1

“There!” said the scientist as he tweaked his current experiment. “I think I’ve done it!” The scientist was working on a way to transport information between universes via quantum entanglement. He inspected the monitor that was printing out diagnostic information. It read “Quantum entanglement confirmed. Stable.” “Now all I have to do is activate it!” the scientist said as he checked if his nuclear fusion reactor was outputting sufficient power. “That should be sufficient.” the scientist, after thoroughly checking everything, activated his device. As the device was powering up, his mind started to wonder. He absentmindedly started humming something and then he was startled by a computer voice saying “Quantum Entanglement portal has been established.” He turned around to see a portal at the device’s emitters. Being excited and not thinking straight (because he was tired), decided to jump in.



He was awoken by the sound of a bird chirping. As he started stirring around, he noticed something didn’t feel right. He opened his eyes, he noticed he had hooves! “WHAT?!?!” as he was freaking out, a purple alicorn stepped into the room.

“You’re awake!” She said as she galloped towards the bed the confused scientist now realized he was in.

“What’s going on! Why am I here?” the scientist said.

“You were in a coma for five days.” said the alicorn. “I did not expect you to survive.”

“How is this possible?” The scientist wondered aloud.

“Oh! I probably should’ve told you who I was right after I came in. My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

The scientist continued to wonder aloud “Am I dreaming?”

Twilight was confused. “What do you mean?”

The scientist, not noticing he was speaking what he was thinking, said “Where I come from, there is a show called “My Little Pony” and you’re the main character.”

“Uhh, what?” said Twilight.

“And you’re best pony” he said under his breath.

Twilight’s ears swiveled. “I’m… I’m what?”

“You heard that? Wait, don’t answer that.” Caleb remembered that ponies had better hearing than humans did.

Twilight cocked her head. “What’s ‘best pony?’”

The scientist blushed. “It means you’re my favorite.”
Twilight didn’t know how to react. “Anyway, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Caleb.”

“Caleb? That’s a weird pony name.”

“Well, I’m not actually a pony. Let me explain. I come from an alternate universe, which is apparently closely related to this one.”

Twilight squeed. “You mean you’re from an alternate universe?!?!?” Twilight hugged Caleb, and after getting over the sudden hug, he hugged her back.

“I’m still a little confused as to why I was transported here, of all places. Also, aren’t you a little shocked by I don’t know, the fact that I come from another universe?”

Twilight simply smiled. “I’m just glad you’re alive. I care greatly about other ponies.”


====================================================================================================


Caleb stumbled around the castle. Twi was trying to get him to walk. Caleb exclaimed in frustration.“Why is this so hard?!?!”

Twilight scanned him for magic. “That’s weird. You don’t have any ambient magic at all!”

“That’s probably because my dimension doesn’t have magic at all.”

“I’ll have to infuse you with magic from this dimension then or you’ll die.”

Twilight gathered the mane 6 into the throne room. “Ok girls, you ready?”

Twilight activated their rainbow powers and casted a magic infusion spell.

Caleb was engulfed by their magic as he started levitating. Caleb was embraced by the elements, they gave him a destiny. After a few moments, the spell was finished, and he was lowered back down to the ground.

“I still don’t understand anything that’s happening right now.”

Twilight sighed. “Ok, I’ll tell you in a little while.”

after the rest of the mane 6 left, Twilight started to explain.“5 days ago, I was studying changeling magic, when I started to hear what sounded like thunder, but it wasn’t raining. It also sounded like it was coming from inside the castle. Thinking it was Rainbow Dash playing a prank on me in the middle of the night again, I stormed out of my study, ready to send her to the moon. Not literally of course, but you get the idea. Instead of seeing Rainbow, I saw a large, turquoise, circular portal, with what appeared to almost look like lightning fly around it. Then a few minutes later, you come flying out of the portal, hit the wall, and pass out. Then I levitated you into the guest room, and then you kind of started mumbling things, things you couldn't possibly know about my friends and I.”

Suddenly, Rainbow broke into the room with a colt pegasus. “There was a big turquoise portal and this colt came out of it!” Caleb looked at the colt, and he thought he looked strangely familiar. “This is my son!” he exclaimed.

He must of found my lab, but that’s impossible, he was in the United Kingdom, and due to a problem with some terrorists, It normally takes almost a year to get to the us from there, with the type of ship he would have had access to.

“United Kingdom?” Twilight said.

"I had left him there while I did my experiments to keep him out of the way. Although I don’t see how he could have possibly get here so fast.”

Twilight was curious too, but decided to change the subject. “What’s this about a TV show?”

Caleb thought for a second before answering. “So, there is a show in my world that apparently seriously parallels this show in similarities.”

Twilight was curious. “How similar?”

“Your name is Twilight Sparkle, and you became an alicorn by completing Star Swirl’s spell. You recently saved Star Swirl and the other creators of the elements from limbo.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped. “How is this show so accurate!? Are we being spied on?!”

“I don’t know, but maybe we should figure that out later. Anyway, Twilight, how am I going to get back? There have already been two jumps, I don’t think it’ll work again. I don’t think I can even open it from this side.”

Twilight felt bad for Caleb. She wanted to help, but didn’t know how. “I don’t know if I can help you, but I can at least make you comfortable.”