• Published 7th Nov 2017
  • 382 Views, 22 Comments

Lily Field - Creativa-Artly01



Lily Field is a little filly with cancer, so to cheer her up, Pinkie takes her for a fun trip to the carnival.

  • ...
3
 22
 382

Chapter 3

Two days later, Pinkie attends Lily Field's funeral alongside Lily's parents and the rest of Ponyville. After Pastor White Hoof gives his speech, Pinkie steps up and shares her experiences she shared with Lily. "I didn't know Lily for long but I did know her for long enough. She was a playful little filly who enjoyed a fun time. This past week before she died, we enjoyed a fun time at the carnival together. We rode coasters together, enjoyed carnival food together, and played fair games together. She was sweet. She was the sweetest filly I've ever met. She made me promise her to move on when she died. She also made me promise that I wouldn't forget her. And that I will never do, I'll never forget her." Pinkie's eyes begin to fill with tears. "I promise. I will never forget Lily Field."

A few hours later, the funeral draws to a close and Pinkie returns to the bakery where she just goes to her room and cries as she looks at a picture of her and Lily at the carnival only three days prior. She can't believe Lily is gone forever. She can't believe Lily is really dead.

Meanwhile back at the Fields house, Mr. and Mrs. Field stand over their daughter's empty bed and cry. She was the only thing in their lives and now she's been taken from them too soon. Over the next few days, the two don't leave the bedside of her empty bed. Eventually, the two leave the empty bed and return to their normal lives. For them, it'll never be the same. Lily was their little miracle and now she's been taken from them and they're never going to have another foal ever again. It's just not possible for them. Heck, if they hadn't tried and tried Lily would never have been born and now they're never going to have another one ever. They're lonely and they're going to be lonely with their grief for likely the rest of their lives.