• Published 6th Nov 2017
  • 288 Views, 2 Comments

Talunion's Life - FlutterTal



All I love to do is drawing and traveling stuff. And that was fine for me, I never thought of anything which could happen in my life.

  • ...
 2
 288

Chapter 6

Just to make it clear: what I’m dreaming isn’t a nightmare, even if I have my heart beating at this moment. Or should I say, thanks to my brother this isn’t a nightmare anymore. Now I’m having a good dream in which I am with my crush visiting different cities: Vanhoover, Manehattan, Appleloosa, even the Crystal Empire, all those cities[1]. In fact, I love making those travelling dreams, but that wasn’t with my crush before.

And then, I hear my alarm clock ringing. Wait no, I don’t have an alarm clock. Instead, I hear my brother yelling.

“WAKING UP IN THIS ROOM!”

I immediately jump out of my bed when I heard this. And that is pretty logical, hasn’t anyone already jumped of fear or surprise when they had somepony who yielded at them? In any case, I never succeeded doing anything else.

“Sleepin’… You already know I hate when you do that!” I say, angry.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to scare you…” he replies, sorry to himself.

I keep calm before I hear some knocks coming from outside. I let out a “Oh no…” before I charge to the ground floor. I wanted to see if what I’m thinking is what is happening right now. And it is, Starlight Music is already in front of the house and I’m not even ready[2]. I don’t really like doing that, but I guess I have no other choice. So I open the door, out of breath, as I see Starlight a bit confused about what was happening.

“Sorry, I didn’t expect guests so soon…” I say with a sorry smile.

“Don’t worry, myself I was surprised.” she replies, smiling. “It’s simply because I normally don’t leave my house so soon, but this is a special case.”

“Oh, what case?”

“You already told me that in the café. Hypnosis. Remember.”

“Heard it!” add my brother.

We both, me and Starlight, were surprised about that sudden response:

“Sorry, that’s my brother…” I say, stubborn, as Starlight is giggling.

“So, you wanted to test hypnosis, don’t you?”

“I do, but… Isn’t that a little too quick?” Starlight asks. “I was literally arrived here twenty seconds later.”

“Oh sorry…” Sleepin’ laughs a little. “I guess you want to spend a little time with my brother right now. So you can go to the living room and come to me when you’re ready.” And with that he goes to his hypno-chamber.

“Sorry about my brother…” I start. “In fact that’s a little understandable: he already tried to make some friends… unsuccessfully. So he prefers to talk about his job rather than anything else.”

“So… I must understand he’s not very talkative?”

“Yeah, I already said that. No?” I reply, confused.

When I was saying that, Starlight is giggling and is reminding me how silly I am. Just that makes me smile. And then she asks me:

“By the way, I hadn’t the occasion to ask you that, but… how did you become an artist?”

“Oh, that’s an interesting question, which leads on a pretty long story. So just remember the fact I drew on early-age helped me a lot, and also that I got a cutie mark after winning a drawing contest with somepony I now consider as my best friend and best rival[3].”

“Oh, interesting. Now that you say that, this story is nearly like mine when I got my cutie mark, except there were two things I loved to do and that I had no rivals.”

“Oh you are really lucky.”

“Am I?” She asks, confused.

“Well, it’s not that I don’t like my rival. It’s just because that I have the feeling she really overdoes.”

“Okay… What do you mean?”

“Every time, when I see her, she really can’t stop ‘harassing’ me with those drawing challenges. Well, I put quotation marks at this because I know she never wanted to harass me.”

“Okay, now that makes more sense.”

And then, a blank… I was about to laugh at this, but we did it both. Really, that wasn’t what we were expecting. After this I decide to continue the conversation.

“So… As we are here, do you want to do the hypnosis right now?”

“Yeah, why not.” she responds, as she leaves the sofa and stands up.

“Okay. And thus, do you want me to accompany you into the hypno-chamber?”

“Yeah, alright. I don’t know your house. And why ‘hypno-chamber’?”

“Oh, that’s just a name my brother gave to the room when he practices hypnosis.”

“Oh, right.” she says, giggling.

After that, I accompany Starlight upstairs to the hypno-chamber. And as I was expecting, Sleepin’ was waiting. Or more precisely, preparing the terrain. And also, himself.

“And now I’m ready.” Sleepin’ says to himself.

“Good, because me too.” Starlight adds.

Here I see Sleepin’ a bit surprised. Is it because he is ready at the same time than Starlight? I can’t tell.

“And I am here to assist Starlight and to see if anything goes well.” I add.

“Oh I know what you are thinking, but I promise, this will just be hypnosis.” he says, before talking to Starlight. “So, what do you want for this session?”

“Oh, nothing special. It’s just because I never practiced hypnosis before, and I just want to know what it looks like.”

“So, a simple induction to see what it looks like?”

“Exactly. Maybe in the future, I will ask you other sessions.”

“Oh that’s okay, don’t worry. That’s completely normal when we start.”

“Just, I was realizing something.” I crash. “Be right back!”

At this moment, I teleport myself to my room, take something that looks like sunglasses, put it in me, and go back to the hypno-chamber by teleporting. Between those two teleportations, it has been less than two seconds.

“Yeah, sorry for this interruption…” I say, blushing.

“Oh yeah, your ‘antihypno-glasses’[4], so you can’t be hypnotized inadvertently.” Sleepin’ adds.

“Indeed, that would be silly.” Starlight giggles. “So, can we commence?”

“When you want.” Sleepin’ says. “You just need to sit on the couch and let the session commence.”

And that’s what she does. She is sitting on the couch as I let my hoof on it too. Immediately, Starlight notices that and put her hoof on mine. We are both smiling as I see my brother smiling too, and eventually giggling.

“That’s adorable.” he says.

After that, Starlight gets ready and looks to my brother. At this moment, he lets a glowing aura on his horn and replaces his eyes with colorful spirals. As I’m wearing those antihypno-glasses, this doesn’t do anything to me, but I see Starlight who succeeded to be hypnotized rather quickly and easily.

At this point, none of what my bro says is affecting me. Really, those glasses are making its effect. But Starlight is focusing on it. And even if there’s no echo effect from my brother to my point of view, I guess that’s what she is listening to at the moment. I even have her own hoof pushing strongly on mine. Well, not TOO strong obviously, it would hurt otherwise. I guess she feels heavy at this moment.

At the same time, I was watching Starlight. And I ask to myself, did I look like that the time when Sleepin’ hypnotized me? I mean, I already had the colorful spirals in my eyes? First time I see it by myself. That’s impressive.

And then at that time, poof! “Sleep!” This catchphrase again. And indeed, Starlight is asleep. Eyes closed, head down, like me before. It’s really amazing to see physically how it’s like to be under trance. Then obviously, tricking mind, passing seconds with this, and then ping. Well, I didn’t hear it, but I guess that’s what she heard, she already let out a small grin at it.

Then my brother commands me to let my hoof out of the couch for a moment. That’s what I do, slowly at first until I realize she doesn’t care too much about it. In my opinion, she’s focused on the session, really focused.

“Now you can open your eyes.” Sleepin’ says to Starlight after lifting her head. And that’s what she does. Now I can see that she has still spirals on her eyes. Guess the session worked and now my brother can get down to business. Oh, and by the way, during all those times, I never took off my glasses, so I’m still not affected by the session.

Then Sleepin’ starts by putting Starlight’s left hoof straight forwards, rubbing it with his, and commanding her to try to bend it with her other hoof. And I see her trying, but she can’t succeed. It was like her hoof was behaving like it was steel.

“Okay, now you can stop.” Sleepin’ says. Starlight now stops trying, as her hoof is still straight forward. Then he claps his hooves, loud enough even myself hear the echo in the room. “Now, can you do it?” Sleepin’ asks. And yes she can, she can now bend her hoof, no need to the other one.

“Now, another exercise.” he says again. “And we also need your hooves for that.” Then he takes her hooves, bringing them close until they touch each other, and finally rubs them. “Now try to separate them.” he says. But she can’t, it’s stuck. Let’s admit it, even if you’re not hypnotized, this is very amazing to see.

“Okay, now stop.” And Starlight stops trying, as Sleepin’ claps his hooves again. And as he does that, she can finally separate her hooves. As for me, if you want to know, Sleepin’ will always surprise me with his hypnotic tricks. Seriously, I don’t know how he does that[5].

“Now’s time for the wake-up process.” Sleepin’ announces. I think Starlight will remember about the session. She seems very pleased about discovering a new thing. And in my opinion, she will ask my brother again for another session in the future. Well, myself I’m glad she discovered hypnosis. And then: “Wake up!” Starlight shakes her head for the moment, as I see her eyes with the spirals slowly disappearing. At that moment, I decide to take off those glasses.

“Wow! That was relaxing and scary at the same time.” Starlight says, surprised.

“Yeah, hypnosis can be scary if it’s the first time we try it.” Sleepin’ adds.

“But just because I want to know, how many times did you hypnotized your brother?”

“That was so many times, I’ll never forget those moments.” I intervene, giggling.

We both giggle, Starlight and me, as Sleepin’ intervenes: “Like I said, that’s adorable.” before exiting the room. We do the same thing right after, before I announce something to Starlight: “Just, don’t you mind if we go outside together?” I’m blushing at this moment.

“Yeah, let’s do it.” Starlight replies.

After all, what I wanted to say should be between both only, right?


[1] My desire of travelling makes my dreams a bit overdone, I should probably calm down with that.
[2] I realize I didn’t do a description of her cutie mark: a cross shaped with a microphone and a pencil, with some music notes.
[3] I promise, I will talk about her in the future, but now I don’t want to spoil too much.
[4] Again, something named by my brother.
[5] Well, I can admit I never asked him about how he does it.