• Published 6th Nov 2017
  • 1,050 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Short Stories: The Princess of Friendship - Paradise Oasis



A series of short stories about Princess Twilight Sparkle, as seen from her own descendant's point of view

  • ...
0
 17
 1,050

Spike remembers: Hot coca

(Flashback written by Le Vallet1, many thanks)

"Oh come on, Spike! I don't just want to here about how the princess made mistakes! I want to hear about some of the good she did." Pink Sparkle demanded. "You said you were the princess's number-one assistant. Before you go on with the depressing stuff about Moondancer, don't you have any stories about the good moments in her life? The happier times?"

"Well, of course there were happier times! She was the Princess of friendship, after all." Spike chuckled. "she had plenty of friends, and plenty of times she enjoyed spending time with those friends, my little princess."

"But what about you? Do you have any personal memories of the time you spent with her?" Pink Sparkle asked, looking back down at the cutie map. "Anything you can tell me about the kind of friend she was to you?"

"Well, let me think... there are quite a few times that come to mind," Spike replied thoughtfully. "But if one want one incident in particular, there was this one time, around Hearth's Warming Eve, that really sticks out in my mind..."

And as the dragon spoke, the cutie map began to shift and move, as it told the tale in the scaly assistant's heart...

“Come on, Twilight! You’ve got to try it!” pleaded Spike. It was a cold, snowy winter day in Ponyville. Coated and wearing scarves and woolen hats, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Spike were having a walk at the town square with several bags floating in Twilight’s magic with them and Spike holding one seemingly too large for him.

“Spike, you know I’m on a sugar-free diet. I’ve been having too many sweets and sugary treats since I moved in Ponyville. I don’t think Equestria needs its first ever obese princess in history,” said Twilight, “Besides, we’re supposed to go for a Hearth’s Warming shopping, not having hot chocolates.”

“I know, Twi. But you haven’t had any hot chocolates since we left Canterlot! I tried one at Magical Friendship Cafe and it was so good! You have to try one, please!” said Spike.

“No, Spike –” Twilight wanted to refuse but stopped when she saw Spike giving her puppy eyes, which wasn’t usual for him to do so. Twilight finally relented. “Uh! Fine! I guess once a while would not hurt my diet,” she huffed. With a small cheer, Spike showed her the way to the aforementioned cafeteria.

“Here you go, Your Highness. Two cups of hot chocolate for you two,” the waitress announced while putting two cups of hot chocolate in front of Twilight and Spike. Spike licked his lips, grabbed his teaspoon and started scooping the steaming, thick semi-fluid chocolate and put it in his mouth.

Twilight breathed in, smelling the chocolatey smell of hot, mouth-watering goodness coming out of her cup. She levitated her spoon, scooped up a bit of the thick liquid chocolate and put it in her mouth. It was hot. And her taste-buds exploded in ecstasy. She looked at her cup with as if worshiping the very thing inside it. “Where have you been in my whole life!” Twilight exclaimed.

She shoveled her hot chocolate to her mouth in gusto, scalding feeling in her mouth be damned. “Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!” She threw away her spoon and licked the rest of her hot chocolate from the cup, moaning with delight. She opened her eyes and found every other pony and Spike staring at her with their mouths agape. Twilight blushed and giggled with embarrassment. “Sorry, I just think that this hot chocolate tastes so good!”

After paying the cafeteria (and giving the waitress tips), Twilight and Spike went back to the palace. Once inside, Twilight had one thing in her mind. “Spike, I will have another cup, no, mug of hot chocolate,” Twilight declared.

Spike was starting to feel worried now. “But Twilight, what about your diet?” he asked.

Twilight shook her mane and went on her way to the kitchen. “Forget my diet! I want that hot chocolate now!” she said and then she teleported.

Spike already had an idea where Twilight teleported to. He ran down the corridor and reached the door leading to the kitchen. Already there was a growing chocolatey aroma coming from inside the kitchen. Spike quickly opened the door and found Twilight heating and mixing milk and cocoa in a cooking pot with a manic gleam in her eyes. Spike stared disbelievingly at the now empty pot of cocoa. “Twilight, I was saving that cocoa for Hearth’s Warming night reading,” Spike groaned. He then sighed. “It’s okay, you can have that one. I’ll buy another tomorrow.” Spike glumly went to leave the kitchen when a half-filled mug of hot chocolate floated right under his nose. He looked up, seeing Twilight smiling at him with motherly care.

“Don’t worry, Spike. I decided to fill half a mug of hot chocolate for both of us instead of having it all for myself. Seeing you saddened over me having the last bit of cocoa you were saving for your night reading made me realize how selfish I was acting and for this I apologize,” Twilight explained. “Now, let us both drink hot chocolate and read a Hearth’s Warming story together.” And so, Princess Twilight Sparkle and her number one assistant Spike the dragon went to the lounge to read a good Hearth’s Warming story and have a nice, thick hot chocolate.

"So, the two of you had a warm moment over hot cocoa?" Pink Sparkle asked, as the images from the map faded. "That was so awesome! She must have been a really, really great friend!"

"Well, she tried to be, and she always treated me with respect," Spike replied with a wistful smile. "But there were times when she wasn't as good of a friend to ponies, and what happened with Moondancer."

"Yeah, you never did tell me how that turned out." Pink Sparkle pointed out. "What exactly did happen with Moondancer?"

As if responding to Pink Sparkle's question, the map began to shift and move once more...