• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 808 Views, 14 Comments

Sincerely, Ragamuffin - Homage



A sad tale about growing up and losing innocence and happiness, told by a filly who lives on a farm.

  • ...
3
 14
 808

Letter 1

Dear Princess Celestia
By Homage

Dear Princess Celestia,
My name is Ragamuffin, and I am an earth pony filly from Coltistan. I live here with Mommy, Daddy, my big sister and brother Prickly Pear and Jackfruit. We live on a cactus farm far from any other ponies. Yesterday, Mommy told me the story of your magical kingdom of Equestria. She described your happy subjects living peacefully together. It was my favorite bedtime story ever! Though Mommy just made you up, she spoke of you as a kind, gentle ruler who reads the letters sent by her subjects and fixes their problems. That's good, because we have a lot of those here in Coltistan. We are lucky to live far from other ponies, because other ponies are meanies. Sometimes they come near our house, and Daddy starts yelling at them to leave. They never listen, so Mommy takes me inside while Daddy gets his gun. There are a bunch of loud noises, and then the mean ponies go away. Once, one of the meanies used his own gun to hurt Daddy, but Daddy got better after a few weeks. I can't imagine what we would do if the meanies hurt Daddy again and he couldn't make them leave anymore. I'm scared at night that the mean ponies will come back. I told Mommy that I want for us to live in Equestria, where there are no mean ponies, but she just hugged me and said, "So do I." I asked her if it was because Equestria wasn't real, and she told me that Coltistan is the only real place to us. Even though Mommy told me it's impossible, I still dream of living in your kingdom. We wouldn't have to be afraid anymore.

From,
Ragamuffin