• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 4,547 Views, 161 Comments

When Time Stops for Her - mageli7



Ditzy Doo has never had time for crushes or love, but after a small accident she may change.

  • ...
8
 161
 4,547

Hourglasses and Bubbles

Ditzy Doo prepared for her date, she had gotten Vinyl to foalsit for here. Ditzy curled her mane and got into a simple red dress, she hoped she wasn't overdoing it. It had been a while since she had been on a date. Ditzy didn't really like dates, they were usually awkward for her.

The conversations usually consisted of how her eyes became the way they were or who the father of her daughter was. They were both topics she hated. Everypony talked about her eyes. She remembered one day when she was picking up Dinky from school.

--------------------------

"What's with your eyes?" Diamond Tiara yelled at Ditzy looking disgusted.

They got hurt when I was little." Ditzy said looking around for Dinky, where was she? Ditzy didn't want to be in this conversation.

"They look weird." The filly sneered as her friend walked over.

"Ya they look so weird." Silver Spoon added trying to get on Diamond's good side.

"Uhm, that isn't very nice girls, please stop. Ditzy said trying not to get mad.

"Freak! You are so weird!" Diamond and Silver yelled as Ditzy looked down at her hooves frowning.

P-please stop." Ditzy said quietly, she was used to teasing, but by two fillies?

Just then Filthy Rich walked over to his daughter as Silver Spoon ran off.

Diamond! What are you doing?" Filthy Rich growled at his daughter, he had told her many times she shouldn't tease other ponies, it wasn't nice.

"Putting this freak in her place." Diamond laughed before realizing who she had said that to, "Daddy! I-I um..."

Ditzy kept looking down at her hooves, tears falling from her face. Why, why did she have these stupid eyes?

"Young lady! You apologize to this mare right now!" Filthy Rich yelled at his daughter.

Diamond Tiara gave a fake apology and ran off. "Miss, I am so sorry for my daughter, I have told her before she isn't supposed to tease other ponies." Filthy Rich said trying to comfort Ditzy.

"I-it's fine, I'm used to it." Ditzy sniffled.

Filthy Rich walked away as Dinky appeared and walked over to her mother. Dinky stopped, what was wrong?

"Mom, are you-" Dinky began

"Dinky, let's just go, ok?" Ditzy said wiping tears from her eyes.

--------------------------

Ditzy tried to get the day out of her mind, tonight would be happy. Just then there was a knock at the door. "Coming!" Ditzy called. She opened the door to find Vinyl standing, smiling.

"Sup dude, so where is Dinks?" Vinyl said.

"Aunt Vinyl, Aunt Vinyl!" Dinky said running out and going to greet the DJ pony.

"Heya girl! You ready to hang out?" Vinyl said mussing up Dinky's hair.

"Ya I am!" Dinky said beaming.

"Ok, Vinyl, Dinky's bedtime is no later then 9:00, so do what you want before then, I have some food in the fridge you can heat up, or you can try to make some. If the house is on fire when I get home, I'm gonna blame you, Vinyl." Ditzy said hugging her best friend.

"Bye Ditzy! Have a good time with Whooves!" Vinyl said smiling.

Ditzy stepped out of the house and walked towards the Doctor's house. As she walked she smiled at the stallions who's jaws had dropped at the sight of her, did she really look that nice? Somepony even whistled at her, she hoped she wasn't attracting too much attention.

Soon Ditzy arrived at the Doctor's house and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" A thick Trottingham accent called from within the home.

The door soon opened as the Doctor stepped out.

"Hey Doctor! You ready?" Ditzy said smiling.

"I uh, you look.... amazing." The Doctor said his eyes wide.

Ditzy smiled at the Doctor as he snapped out of his trance, "So where did you have in mind?"

The Doctor's smile faded, "Ditzy I, I was trying to make this date perfect and I um, I sort of forgot to make reservations anywhere..."

"That's fine, I know a good place around here." Ditzy said still smiling.

----------------------------

The two ponies soon arrived at the restaurant in question, it was a nice place literally named Restaurant, so creative. The Doctor walked ahead and opened the door for Ditzy. Ditzy in turn blushed at the gesture.

"Thank you." Ditzy smiled.

"Oh its no problem, I always open a door for a beautiful mare." The Doctor replied, Ditzy blushed harder.

They walked in and sat at a small table for two, after ordering Doctor began to talk.

"I'm so glad I could go out with you Miss Ditzy." He said smiling.

"Please Doctor, just call me Ditzy, I'm very glad as well." She answered.

"So, do you live alone or with a parent of some sort?" Doctor asked.

"Oh, I just live with my daughter, Dinky, she's at home right now." Ditzy said smiling thinking about Dinky.

"Ah, a daughter, how nice, I really do like kids." He said.

"You probably get to work with them alot, considering you are a doctor." Ditzy said.

Doctor began to laugh, "I suppose I do." He would tell her about his job later, she didn't need to know right now.

"Ya, I suppose being a mail mare isn't nearly as exciting." Ditzy said.

"Oh I bet it's fun, you probably know everypony in town!" The Doctor said his eyes shining.

"For better or for worse." Ditzy said laughing lightly.

"Yes, there are many interesting characters in this town, including one named hmmm lets see, Pinkie Pie?" The Dcotr said thinking of his meeting with the pink party pony.

"Let me guess, was there a party cannon?" Ditzy said snickering.

"Was that what that was? I couldn't hear anything for a minute!" He replied.

The waiter soon came over and brought their food, a small salad for Ditzy and a dandelion sandwich for Doctor.

"Wow!" The Doctor exclaimed as he took a bite of the sandwich, "This is amazing!"

"Yep, the sandwiches here are amazing, the owner, Golden Harvest, uses a bunch of fresh ingredients." Ditzy replied eating her salad.

"Well my compliments to her then!" The Doctor said taking another bite.

------------------------

After finishing their food the two walked out of the restaurant, Doctor had paid for it all, Ditzy had tried to not let him saying it costed too much but he insisted.

They walked back to The Doctor's house, both smiling at how well the date had gone.

"Well I um." The Doctor started, he was terrible at goodbyes.

"That was a great date and I hope to do it again." Ditzy said giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

The Doctor blushed as a goofy smile appeared on his face, "Goodbye Miss Ditzy." He said stumbling into his house and then falling down still smiling.

Ditzy facehoofed and closed the door for him laughing all the way home.