• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 4,547 Views, 161 Comments

When Time Stops for Her - mageli7



Ditzy Doo has never had time for crushes or love, but after a small accident she may change.

  • ...
8
 161
 4,547

Awakening

Ditzy laid in the hospital bed unconscious, the Doctor by her side, waiting for her to wake up. The Weeping Angels had been taken care of, the Doctor somehow lured them all in to the TARDIS then left them in space. They could rot on the moon for all he cared, he was done with Weeping Angels.

"Ditzy," The Doctor whispered, "please wake up, the angels are gone, they can't hurt you anymore. You can see Dinky and I'll stay, please just wake up."

Celestia walked in to check on Ditzy's condition, "She's doing better, the angel is gone, she's kept her eyes closed for so long it just disappeared." Celestia said checking Ditzy's heart rate.

"Can't you wake her up somehow?" The Doctor asked, even though he knew the answer.

"No," Celestia answered, "and you know that, she has to wake up by herself."

When Celestia left the room the Doctor looked back down at Ditzy, "This is all my fault, you came with me." He said quietly, "Ditzy please wake up soon, I can't do this, I'm not a hero, just a madman in a box. I'm not leaving until you wake up, even if it takes forever."

As the Doctor waited for Ditzy to wake up, Ditzy was having a dream of her own.

----------------------

"The Doctor is gone." Ditzy said sobbing into her pillow. It was the day the Doctor had left, well two days after actually. Ditzy had become quiet, she barely ate anymore. All Ditzy would do is sit in her room and wait for the Doctor to return.

"I know he'll come back." She thought, "We can go together, in the TARDIS, just the two of us."

Ditzy waited for a long time, seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, and Ditzy still waited, she had packed a suitcase waiting for the Doctor's return, she sat at night looking out her window, looking to the hill with the willow tree, "The TARDIS would be there, the Doctor would come." Ditzy thought, "He'll say how sorry he was for leaving and I will forgive him.

Ditzy still hoped, she had faith in the Doctor, though in the back of her mind she knew he wasn't coming back, he had left for good, he had left Ditzy for good.

Ditzy had waited two years, two long years. It was time to give up, the Doctor wasn't coming, he was gone for good. Ditzy packed up her things and moved to Ponyville, she got a job as a mail mare and soon had Dinky. She had lost faith in the Doctor, she used to wait for him, long for him, but he wasn't coming back. Ditzy had become depressed, the suitcase she had packed had been left, dust collected on it. Ditzy knew he was gone, but she still dreamed he would return.

Ditzy's dream was interrupted, a voice called to her, "He isn't coming back." The voice hissed in her ear, "He left you with the angels, they killed you."

"That's not true," Ditzy called out to the voice, "He came back, he said he would stay. He doesn't lie."

"Doesn't lie?" The voice laughed, "Of course he does, he's been lying to you this whole time, he's been using you, toying with your emotions. He doesn't love you, he wants to be adored, so he picked you."

Ditzy's heart shattered, was that true? Should she trust the voice? Did the Doctor leave, did he not love her? Ditzy couldn't figure out what was real and what wasn't anymore, her dream of Ponyville had been replaced, all around her was black, voices yelled at her, "You freak! Go home where you belong!"

Ditzy curled into a ball, why wouldn't they leave? All her life she had been told what's normal and what isn't, what was good and what was bad? But, why was the normal so boring? You could either live your whole live doing nothing, accepting what life gives you, or you could change your fate, make your life how you want it.

Ditzy stood up, "I'm not a freak and he didn't lie! The Doctor is one of the nicest ponies I've ever met, he is one of the only ponies who doesn't judge me for being different, he isn't a jerk who yelled at me when my eyes changed! But there are ponies who don't accept the fact that even if I try my hardest I still have problems, so you can take you lies somewhere else because I don't care anymore!"

Ditzy snapped awake she looked to where she was, a hospital bed, the Doctor staring at her.

-----------------

"Ditzy! You're awake!" The Doctor said hugging her.

"I, how long was I asleep?" Ditzy asked looking around.

"A week, everypony's been worried sick! But you're ok!" The Doctor said smiling.

Ditzy looked around, "Are the angels gone?"

"Yes, they are gone, everything's all right." He replied.

Ditzy smiled at the Doctor, "I'm glad you're here."

"I stayed here the whole time waiting for you, I wouldn't leave, you mean so much to me Ditzy." The Doctor said.

"Is Celestia ok? What about the guards, I couldn't find them." Ditzy said.

"Celestia is fine, as for the guards well, the angels got to them before we did." The Doctor said sadly.

"Oh," Ditzy said looking down, "are you leaving now?"

The Doctor looked at her, "I realized, I don't want to leave, I'm staying here, with you. I couldn't leave again. Not ever."

Ditzy smiled, life was looking up, the Doctor was back, he was staying, the angels were gone, and everypony was ok, maybe life wasn't so bad, maybe you just need somepony to remember that.

"Thank you Doctor." Ditzy smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too." The Doctor said nuzzling her, "I will stay with you, I'm not going and you know that."

"Can I go back to sleep? I haven't slept well in ages." Ditzy yawned.

"Of course, I'll see you in the morning." The Doctor whispered turning off the light.

"Night Doctor." Ditzy said falling asleep, "Thank you."



AN: Thank you for reading, the story is almost over but I may do a couple of stories like this *hint hint* thanks for reading!