• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 2,789 Views, 102 Comments

Rarity's lament - Sweetiebellema121



Rarity loses something she may never get back.

  • ...
5
 102
 2,789

Anger

~6:45 am~
A crisp breeze blew through the streets of Ponyville as the sun slow began to creep over the horizon. It was a rather sleepy little day, but the peace was quickly cut short from the sounds coming from the Carousel Boutique.

"WHAAT! HAVE!! YOU!!! DONE!!!!"

Rarity the white unicorn with a lavender mane with deep amethyst curls circled around her younger sister Sweetie Belle; who was the same color as her sister but had a dark pink and light purple swirled mane and tail. Sweetie Belle's glassy eyes stared deeply into Rarity's dagger-like pupils. What She found was not understanding, but an unbridled rage that she had never seen before in her sister's eyes. Sweetie Belle had seen her sister upset before but this different. The demon that circled her was so far beyond reason that it scared her.

There was no telling what the Mare would do.

"You miserable Wretched little creature!!!!!"

"Did you honestly think i wouldn't notice so many of my materials going missing!
You filthy thief!! "Rarity snarled

Sweetie cowered backwards.
"But...but...i..."

"If only that was all...if only that was it , but LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY HOUSE YOU! ROTTEN!! STUPID!!! LITTLE!!!!..." Rarity paused."..BITCH!!!!!!"

Sweetie Belle sniffed the tears back as she compressed herself tightly into a ball; never in her life had Rarity called her such names.
.

Rarity glared at the room; it was complete and utter war-zone. There were dressers tipped over with their contents sprawled out across the floor. Broken glass from a window and other assorted objects were mixed in with the clothes that littered the ground, but this was only the beginning of the horrors. Several floorboards had snapped from the weight of the heavy dressers; even a chandelier had fallen from the ceiling. Worst of all there was a gaping hole in the side wall leading to Rarity's creation room. The dust and debris of the mayhem covered the latest dresses in Rarity's collection; But the horrors didn't end there. One of Sweetie belle's paint cans had fallen through the floor; exploding upon impact and spraying several dozen of Rarity's designer dresses that were stored in the room; Most of which had been for wealth clients.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chaos had never been intentional as Sweetie Belle would never go out of her way to cause her sister any grief.

It had all started so innocently with Sweetie Belle sneaking into Rarity's work room to "borrow" a few things. What started out as a simple task turned into a disaster. It all happened so fast, one second she was reaching out for a spool of golden silk the next everything was falling all around her. Had she touched the wrong drawer or perhaps bumped into something as she climbed the crudely made step ladder that consisted of paint cans and other things so that she could reach the silk. Whatever the cause of the disaster that's chain reaction swept across the Work room, the Creation room and the storage room underneath. One thing was certain ; She had nowhere to escape Rarity's wrath.

Sweetie Belle wiped her nose as red droplets fell to the ground. She had fallen onto her face from the hoof made stepladder that fell apart almost immediately when the disaster had begun ; so it wasn't too surprising that her nose was bleeding. There was also a sharp pain coming from her right hind leg; had she cut herself on the glass from the broken window; she couldn't tell but it sure felt like it.

Whether Rarity noticed this or not she couldn't tell.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity glared at Sweetie Belle with the most unforgiving eyes the filly had ever seen.
"Look at my house! Look at what you did to my house!!!"

"But...I..." Sweetie Belle tried to continue but was quickly cut off.
"What did you even need with the things you stole !!"

Before Sweetie Belle could even answer Rarity continued.
"What were you and your two stupid friends going to do with them; make more of those useless capes for that idiotic club of yours." Rarity quipped.

Rarity turned sharply slapping Sweetie Belle across the face with her tail.
intentional or not it caused tears to slid down Sweetie Belle's face.

"Sis..I'm.."Sweetie Belle hiccupped amidst the tears that dripped to the floor .

Rarity glared at her sister with unsympathetic eyes.

"No." Rarity began as she pushed her face into Sweetie Belle"s. "Not this time!!! A sorry isn't going to cut it..."

Rarity pushed her face down forcing Sweetie Belle to the ground.
"Know what you are: a parasite,an insignificant little bug i wish i could squash."

Sweetie Belle didn't say a word to hurt her too much to even try.

Rarity pulled her face away releasing the vice-like grip she had over her sister.
Rarity took a breath then continue with her verbal thrashing.

"There are days my dear feeble useless little sister that I imagine things they way there were.."Rarity began.
"I guess you could say..." Rarity paused for a second as she moved her face to Sweetie Belle's once again. "..I wish you were never born." She whispered into Sweetie Belle's ear then pulled her head back up.

Sweetie Belle's ears dropped and tears poured down her face. Any strength she may have had was gone now; as she laid on the floor sobbing.

Rarity grabbed her sister by her mane and dragged her down the stairs. upon reaching the final step; she tossed Sweetie Belle a few feet in front of herself. Rarity stood at the bottom of the stairs in almost complete disbelief; her eyes darted to the room beneath her workroom.She scanned the room silently as her rage began to boil. So many dresses, so many gowns ruined in less than a minute; It made her sick. She had put so much work into the clothes in the collection, there would be so many disappointed clients. Rarity's head shifted seeing that several dressers on the first floor had also toppled over from the vibrations. How her sister had caused such destruction she didn't know but just seeing the house as it was caused Her anger to flare.The fury compressed in her chest; Then in a low but audible voice Rarity said the most painful and dangerous words a sister could say:

"I hate you."

Sweetie Belle's heart fell and shattered; She moaned in agony but Rarity didn't flinch. The filly jumped to her hooves wailing in pain as she ran to the front door.Tears poured down her face to the floor as she pulled the door open and ran outside.


The door slammed into the wall causing a picture to fall to the ground and shatter.Rarity's rage exploded as she ran to the doorway

"Thats right cry you baby!! I don't want to see your ugly face around here ever again!! Don't you ever come back!!! You hear me!!!! Don't ever come back!!!!!!!!!" Rarity screamed as she watched her sister disappear behind some trees.

Rarity bite her lip then turned to go back inside. She had alot of work to do so there was no time to waste.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~1:21 pm~

Several hours past as Rarity fixed up her home. It was tedious work but it had to be done. Rarity was restitching one of her dresses that had been ripped when she heard a light rapping at her door. She ignored it at first but the knocking continued. Rarity stomped down her stairs with the table and dress magically levitating right behind her . She placed the table down a few feet away from the door; propping the dress back into position before turning her head to glare at the door. There was clearly a sign on her door that read 'closed for the day'; had the pony knocking just ignored the sign. "What gall." Rarity thought to herself. She had so much work to do and didn't have time to deal with anypony.

She sighed then tilted the glasses that she wore for stitching.

"The door is open."

The door opened slowly and a small yellow filly stepped inside. It was Apple Bloom; Applejack's younger sister and one Sweetie belle's friends. She had a large rose colored bow amidst her scarlet mane.

Rarity shifted her eyes from the filly then back too her work.

"What do you want?" Rarity asked without even looking at the filly

Apple Bloom gulped down a lump in her throat out of nervousness; The yellow filly could already tell she wasn't wanted there.

"Um...Well..." Apple Bloom started; her southern accent stung Rarity's ears.
"Ya see Sweetie Belle never came to school today, So i came to check on her...to see if she was alright." the filly said.

The thought of Sweetie Belle made Rarity's blood boil.

"Shes not here! "Rarity snarled. "I don't know where she is and quite frankly i don't care. What she does is her own business not mine." Rarity Scoffed.

Apple Bloom lowered her eyes.
"Oh..ok..." She said softly with a sadness to her voice.

"Now if you do not mind, I have alot of work to do." Rarity said harshly.

Apple Bloom closed her eyes and nodded slowly
"Ah....sure...ok...I understand."

Apple Bloom moved back to the doorway.

Rarity tilted her eyes towards the filly.
"Before you go I have a question for you that i would like answered."

The filly stopped and turned her head to Rarity.

"I know my sister has been taking materials from my workroom." Rarity said softly but Apple Bloom could tell it was the voice of a viper readying itself to strike. "Exactly what do the three of you need them for."

Apple Bloom sighed lightly
"well I aint suppose to say nothin' to nopony on account of it bein' a secret."

" I don't really care for secrets." Rarity said with a slight hiss.

" Well a couple of weeks ago Sweetie Belle asked me and Scoot... I mean Scootaloo if we could help her out makin' a dress..."Apple Bloom paused "..for your..um birth..day..."

Rarity's eyes lit up; she had completely forgotten about her own birthday.
Rarity dropped her eyes back to the young filly who was still talking.
"...Belle ain't so good at stitchin' and mendin' dresses so she asked if we could help' er." the filly continued.

Rarity lowered her eyes slowly as guilt was starting to set in.
"..Yes....I...see.."

Apple Bloom nodded then frowned.
"Please don't be too sore at Sweetie Belle. I was the one tellin' her what materials we needed...we didn't have the bits to buy'em....so we thought we could borrow'em." The filly said in a low voice.

Rarity lowered her eyes
"...I see..th-that...explains...alot."

Apple Bloom nodded with a half smile.
"I'ma gonna go and look for Sweetie Belle..maybe shes..." Apple bloom trailed off as she walked to the doorway.

"Yes you do that." Rarity said as her eyes returned to the dress on her table.

Apple Bloom walked through the door stopped and turned her head slightly.

"Could ya please not tell Sweetie Belle what I told ya. She'll be awful upset with me if she found out." The little filly said as she stared at Rarity with her large brilliant gamboge eyes.

Rarity rolled her eyes then sighed.
"Not a word."

Apple bloom chuckled to herself then sprinted outside.
Rarity watched the filly disappear from view then closed the door with her magic.

"A dress...they were making a dress...for my birthday..." Rarity thought as she started back up the stairs with the table and dress following right behind.

When Rarity opened the door to her work room; her anger return. The sight of the destroyed room infuriated her; any ounce of guilt she'd felt disappeared.

"To make a dress for me out of materials stolen from me isn't what i'd call a present." Rarity thought bitterly.

Rarity's fury flared as she looked from one end of the room to the next, her beautiful home was only a shadow of it's former self.

"That stupid foal will pay for this." Rarity swore to herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~4:36 pm~

The hours went by slowly as Rarity cleaned. The glass littering the floor from the broken window and chandelier hadn't been too hard to get up, but the red droplets sprinkled across her regal floor required scrubbing. Rarity let out an annoyed groan when she thought of her inconsiderate sister running around her home; carelessly dripping her drawing utensils across the mare's perfect floor.

A loud knock threw Rarity's concentration off and the broom she was controlling with her magic flew through another window. Rarity growled in frustration, She turned and stormed down the stairs to her door. Rarity jerked her head violently throwing the door open.

The heavy door collided with the wall for second time that day.

Apple Bloom was standing In the doorway but this time she was joined by Sweetie belle's other friend Scootaloo; The light orange pegasus with a fuchsia mane.

The two fillies stared into Rarity's irritated face; the sight caused the two to back away slowly.

"What do you want now?!" Rarity asked with a groan.

Apple Bloom gulped slowly.
"We was hopin' Sweetie Belle was here."

"We've been looking everywhere." Scootaloo added

Rarity rolled her eyes.
"Well shes not here I can assure you of that."

The two fillies turned to one another.

"I don't understand, this just ain't like her to up and disappear." Apple Bloom said with a grave face.

Scootaloo nodded.
"i know..." The filly pegasus said slowly. "....shes never been gone this long."

Rarity looked the two over slowly, and to her surprise she hadn't noticed how filthy the two were. The two fillies were both covered head to tail in dirt and dry mud with slouches of yellow tree sap and burrs.

The mare was glad she hadn't let the them into her house.

The two fillies conversed amongst themselves for what seemed like hours to Rarity but in reality it was simply a few minutes before the two turned back to the mare.

"Your her sister do you have any idea where she'd have gone?" Scootaloo asked.

Rarity thought for a second but she honestly couldn't think of anything. No matter how hard she tried every time Sweetie belle popped into her head an image of her home in ruins tagged along.

"We checked all over Sweet Apple Acres but haven't seen hide nor hair of 'er." Apple bloom said with clear worry in her voice.

"We were thinking of looking in Ponyville next and well..." Scootaloo started but paused for a second.
"...we were kinda hoping you could help."The pegasus said with a half smile but the smile faded almost immediately.

Rarity nodded and took a step forward; towards the two but then a thought flew into her head.

"What if." She thought.

What if Sweetie Belle had told the two what she had said about her,about them. What if the two were trying to lead her into a trap. They could be trying to make her believe Sweetie Belle was missing in hopes of making her feel guilty for what she had said. What clever children they were, but as smart as they were Rarity was smarter. There was no way she would let herself be turned into the bad guy here.

She was in the right.

"On second thought." Rarity said as Smuggly as she could before taking a step backwards.

"I have soo much work i still have to do." She grinned. "So I'm afraid i can't join you. hmm perhaps later. If you haven't already found her by then... that is." Rarity said in a condescending voice.

What she expected to see were faces of anger and disappointment but what she got were faces drooped in confusion. Despite everything the two were good actors.

"But!!.." Scootaloo squeaked but the door slammed in her face before she could say another word.

Rarity smiled to herself then made her way back upstairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~8:55 pm~

Rarity wiped the sweat from her forehead as she was nearly finished the second floor of her house. All that remained were the two broken windows, the destroyed chandelier and of course the gapping hole in her wall. Her magic had helped her out considerably and it was the reason she had done so much. Rarity stared at the hole in her wall then sighed: she had done enough; so it was time to retire for the day.

Rarity smiled as she walked to her bathroom.

The thought of the warm water washing away all the dust, dirt and sweat from her immaculate body made her squee with delight.

Rarity despised the feeling of being sweaty and the sight of the filth that covered her mane and flank revolted her .
Rarity giggled to herself as she reached out for the door. The unicorn could almost feel the sweet embrace of the warm water against her beautiful supple coat, but the sweet daydream was cut short by the sounds of light knocking at her front door.

The Mare jerked her head away from the bathroom. Rarity groaned loudly as she stomped her hoof on the ground.

"Oh what now!!" Rarity whined.

Rarity turned from her salvation with a sigh and headed to the stairs once again.

As she walked down the steps a grin began to form; She had a good idea who was at the door this time.

As it was late; Rarity could only imagine that it was her sister at the door. Luckily for Sweetie Belle; Rarity's rage had been quelled slightly with all of the work she had done, After all the second floor was just about finished and as for the floor; far fewer dresses needed her attention then she thought and to her surprise the paint itself could be washed off. Of course that didn't mean Sweetie Belle was off the hook.

Sweetie Belle had to suffer as much as she had.

Rarity imagined her sister sitting on the doorstep waiting to be let in. She could almost see her sister's face soaked in tears; her head hung in shame; and in truth she would enjoy every second of it. Rarity wanted to see her sister squirm; to know that she was still not forgivin.

Rarity stepped casually to the door. She tilted her head slightly to open it. The unicorn smiled as the door opened; readying herself to give her sister a piece of her mind.

"So looked who came craw-."Rarity stopped upon seeing that it wasn't Sweetie Belle standing at her doorway; it was her friend Twilight Sparkle.

"Hi Rari- what did you say?" Twilight said as her head tilted in confusion.

Rarity shook her head
"Oh um...I thought you were somepony els-" Rarity stopped herself
"Nevermind...what brings you here....so late?" Rarity asked in an attempt to change the subject.

Twilight lowered her eyes
"I came right over...when I heard..."

"Heard?..Heard what?.." Rarity asked with raised an eyebrow.

"..About your sister...how shes missing."

Rarity narrowed her eyes.
"Who told you that?"

"Well they did." Twilight said as Apple Bloom and Scootaloo stepped out from behind her.

Rarity sighed and placed a hoof to her face.

Twilight tilted her head
"You ok?"

"Yes...yes...I'm fine." Rarity said in a tired annoyed voice as she lowered her hoof to the ground.

Twilight turned her head to the two fillies behind her.
"I found these two wondering around Ponyville; when i asked them what they were doing....they told me they were looking for Sweetie Belle because neither of them had seen her all day."

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo nodded in approval.

"I asked a few ponies and nopony else has seen her either so i decided to help them.....but so far we haven't had any luck at all." Twilight explained slowly.

Rarity looked from Twilight the to the fillies.
"Come on Twilight your smarter then this..can't you see your being used." Rarity thought as she glared at the fillies.

"I guess....shes not here is she?" Twilight asked with a frown.

"Ye-I mean no. She not here. I haven't seen her since this morning."Rarity said as she snapped back into reality.

"Thats what I was afraid of." Twilight lowered her head.

Neither Apple Bloom or Scootaloo said a word as Twilight and Rarity spoke.

"We're going to do one final look around Ponyville before it gets too late." Twilight said as her head rose back up.
"We were wondering if you coul-"

"I'm afraid I can't." Rarity interrupted.

The two fillies' heads shot up upon those words. Twilight cocked her eyes in surprise.
"I"m sorry? What was that?"

"I've had a very hectic and exhausting day and am quite tired." Rarity sighed

Twilight took took a step forward, her mane was scuffy from hours of searching.
"But....Rarity...your sister....aren't you worried..."

"Oh yes I-I'm quite worried." Rarity said with a fake grimace.

"...But she's not sma- stupid enough to go to far. I'm sure she'll turn up shortly." Rarity said as she turned away from the door to hide her emotions.

"But..."Twilight said in a low voice.

"...Now if you'll excuse me I-I must be going." Rarity replied as she started up the stairs.

Twilight opened her mouth to say more; to protest Rarity's actions but no words came out.

Twilight lowered her head in defeat.
"Alright...then...we'll continue our search."

"Of course." Rarity said in a low voice as she reached the final step.

Twilight turned slowly; As she walked past the two fillies the door closed behind her.


~authors note~

So I put this chapter through a proofreading program but for the life of me it did nothing. I've been trying to fix this chapter and i think i got most of the mistakes but please if their are any mistakes tell me and i'll gladly fix them. please give the later chapters a chance if you would. I've been doing my own proofreading since this chapter and i think i'm doing better . anyway thank you for reading and if there is any criticism i'll certainly listen to it; Please be civil though.