• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 7,981 Views, 30 Comments

Equestria Falls - TKM

  • ...
6
 30
 7,981

Chapter 1.

Today was just like any other day in Gravity Falls, and Dipper Pines was reading his book on the supernatural inhabitants of Gravity Falls, as usual in his Grunkle's Stan store, the Mystery Shack which housed many "Supernatural Items" well which is what his Grunkle Stan says, Dipper knew though that wasn't the case all of those items were just regular items nothing special and definetly not supernatural. Even though it was blantantly obvious that there was nothing supernatural about these items people still flocked to the store to buy them. It didn't suprise Dipper, the population of Gravity Falls did have a serious intellect problem, yeah there were some exceptions, but then again there were more people in Gravity Falls who were obtuse than intelligent. Like for example how the police rushed to see their buddy fit a whole cantelope in his mouth, or the time Old Man McGucket ( The local kook), built a mechanical lake monster just to get the attention of his son. Dipper didn't mind it too much except the time the Sheriif Blubbs and Deputy Derland said he was adorable for thinking he could solve a crime. In the end he solved and the mystery and decapitated Larry King. The adentures that Dipper has shared with his twin sister Mable have been top notch. The two siblings have encountered many things that people say isn't possible, or doesn't exist, like battling kidnapping gnomes, a bunch of wax figures looking to kill their Grunkle Stan out of revnege for locking them in a room, and many other supernatural creatures.

Now Dipper was only twelve years old, and his chin barely passes over a fire hydrant, but still he had the wits to match ducktective. Dipper had long and shaggy brown hair which went passed his ears, he always had a cap on, blue in the back and on the visor, a white front with a blue pine tree. His skin was pale which was strange because he wasn't spending all of his time indoors. Dipper always wore a navy blue vest over a red-orange shirt. He always wore the same outfit it seemed that Mable was the only on that wore different clothes.

Dipper was sitting in the front of the store, no one else was in the room they were all doing their own thing, Mable was sewing a new and definitely ... ,well eye catching sweater, Gruncle Stan was painting some lemons orange so he could sell for a higher price by telling customers, " These are special orange lemons.", Wendy left for the day since it was closing time she was proably hanging out with her friends, and Soos was outside with the goat that always hanged outside the shop and the goat that was eating the cans. Dipper couldn't fully tell what was going on, so Dipper put his book down and walked over to the window to see what Soos was doing.

Soos was one of Gruncle Stans workers, he was at least in his twenties or thirties. Dipper never really asked how old he was. Soos was overweight and sported a double chin, like Dipper he always wore a cap. His face always had little patches of hair and looked like he needed to shave, he also and some buck teeth like a beaver. Soos was a care free and fun loving man baby, and sometimes went on adventures with Dipper and Mable

" Now sit." Soos told the goat in a trying to tempt with a can. The goat just stared at Soos, and Soos stared back into the depths of the goats eyes, ready for an intense staredown.

* 2 seconds later*

Soos blinked.

" Your good goat."

The goat just stood there and took the can out from Soos's hand and started eating it. Soos jumped on top of the goat trying to get can that the goat did not earn. Its was astounding how the goat was still standing up, Soos was a pretty big guy, the goat must be like some sort of super goat. Soos reached out his hand trying to remove the can from the mouth of the goat, the goat just stood still and kept chewing on the stolen can. Soos could not pry the can from the goats food hole no matter how hard he pulled, the goat or can wouldn't budge an inch. Dipper realized his friend was having complications and needed his help. Dipper quickly swung the door open, the door hit the Mystery Shack hard and freaked the goat out. The goat ran away into the forest with the can still in his mouth, Soos went back inside the Mystery Shack defeated my the greatest warrior next to the llama, the goat. Dipper scurried back inside the Mystery Shackand went back to reading his book on the creatures of Gravity Falls.

" Hey Dipper, can you help me out over here Stan wants me to get these boxes I can't reach them. Can you get on my back and help me out?" Soos asks Dipper who was reading his book on the supernatural.

" Dipper."

"Dude."

Then walks in Dipper's sister Mable who was wearing one of her signature turtleneck sweaters, this one was pink with a unicorn white and purple mane sticthed on the front of the sweater. Mable was a random girl, and always uplifting Dipper liked that about his sister, it always nice to have her cheerful attitude it always cheered up Dipper, but other times Mable's personality was to much for Dipper. Mable had long and wavy brown hair the same color has her brothers, and she always wore a headband on her head.

" Hey Soos are you playing the Dipper game?" Mable asked Soos.

" Whats the Dipper game?" Soos aked intrigued at what Mable said.

"We just poke him untill we get his attention."

"Dude thats intense, I'm totally gonna win."

Soos lifted his finger and made his way to poke Dipper, he made contact and slowly pushed Dipper lightly. Dipper tipped over onto his side, he folded his book and laid it on the floor.

"You alright dude." Soos asked Dipper.

" You know that was uneccesary." Dipper insisted.

" Nah, no it wasn't, it got your attention silly." Mable noted

"Yeah I guess your right." Dipper chuckled. "Alright so what do you need help with Soos?"

" Get on my back, I need you to reach something for me."

Dipper did as Soos, he got on Soos's back he climbed up and put his legs around Soos's neck. The first time Dipper couldn't reach the box. The second time Soos held Dipper in his hands and reached up towards the shelf where the box was, this time Dipper could touch the box, but barely his finger just hooked the box and something else, the box fell rapidly down towards the wood floor. Mable quickly arose into action and dived to catch the box from hitting the ground.

"Ducktective would be proud!" roared Mable.

There was also a small canister that fell as well, and when it fell the lid on it popped open and rolled halfway across the room. It seemed to have something inside of it, Dipper looked to see what it was, it was rolled piece of paper, Dipper carefuly unrolled the paper. Mable and Soos were not paying any attention to him they were unpacking and playing with the packing peanut.

"Guys come here." Dipper insisted.

Soos and Mable stopped what they were doing and walked over to Dipper. Looking curiously at what Dipper had in his hands. Mable was chewing on one of the green packing peanuts.

" This doesn't taste like peanuts." said Mable dissappointed. Mable spit out the packing peanut from her mouth and looked to her brother

" What is it?" Soos and Mable asked in unison.

" It's a map." Dipper answered

" A treasure map?" Mable asked. " If it is im gonna be a pirate, and I will have all of my crew wearing sweaters."

" The sounds cool dude can I join?" Soos asked Mable.

"Soos of course you can join."

" It a map for a place called the Everfree forest." Dipper stated.

" The Everfree forest, thats the forest at the most north part of town. No one has ever explored it." Soos told Dipper.

Dipper rolled up the map and put it back in the container for safe keeping. He the strap over his shoulder, and tighten it so he wouldn't lose it.

" Why is that?" Dipper curiously asked Soos.

" Don't know, just no one has dude."

" Well we're gonna be the first to explore it."

" Yay!" Mable exclaimed with joy rolling on the floor.

Hearing all the commotion Grunkle Stan walked into the room to see what all the noise was about. Grunkle Stan was Dipper and Mable's great uncle, Grunkle was sort of a nickname. Stan was sly and looked for anyway to make a buck off his unsuspecting customers. Dipper knew that his Grunkle Stan still cared for him and his sister, even though he made him do outrageous things and dangerous things, like counterfeiting money. Stan was in his sixties, he had gigantic unproportionate ears compared to the rest of his face, he had a really red nose that was in the shape of a raindrop. He usally wears a suit when customers were around, but when they leave he takes it off and walks around in his boxers a white t-shirt, and slippers. Stan wears square glass that puts an eyepatch over, he doesn't have an eye problem its just to fool customers. Also Stan wears a red fez usually with a tan claw on the front, and a black tassle on th back.

" Don't tell Grunkle Stan about the map." Dipper whispered to Mable and Soos,

" What are you guys looking at?" Grunkle Stan asked the three were obviously hiding something. Mable and Soos looked so excited that they were gonna burst with excitement, and Dipper kept shifting his eyes back and forth.

" Nothing." Dipper quickly responded. With his eyes darting left to right, it was painfully clear that Dipper was lying.

" Alright, you kids stay out of trouble. Im going to wa-"

" Dipper found a map!!" Mable blurted out excitedly. Dipper face palmed himself for his sister not keeping a secret

Grunkle Stan walked over and scracthed his chin, and squinted at the container Dipper had tightly strapped to his torso. Grunkle Stan was curious now he wanted to know were that map went to. It was his map after all, he just never bothered to open the container, and it seems he forgot about it.

" Where to?"

" A place called the Everfree forest." Dipper responded answering his Grunkle's question.

" Yeah, me Dipper and Soos are gonna be the first to explore it."

Stan thought for a second, should he accompany his great niece and nephew, along with Soos on their adventure. Maybe they could bond a little the last family fun day wasn't a complete failure, but Stan thought he needed to get closer to his great nephew and niece.

"I'll go with you. It will be fun and we can bond. Also the forest is ever free who and who doesn't love free things, and I can advertise my store to people of whatever sad town we end up in."

" Well the things Mr.Pine the people in Mt. Hood don't have any forest near them." Soos revealed.

" That makes no sense." Dipper said.

" Of course it does, you just have to believe in the magic." Mable chuckled

Dipper shook his head in disbelief at what his sister said, he believed in a lot of things, but what Soos said seemed a little off to him.

" You three we're going to explore that forest tommorow morning." Grunkle Stan told Dipper, Mable and Soos. "Get your things ready."

Now extremely eager, to go adventuring the two twins rushed upstairs to get ready for bed the sun had set and it was getting late. The twins entered the room they shared in the attic of the Mystery Shack. Dipper was restless he just laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling fidgeting with his hands, thinking about what was in the Everfree forest. Mable was bouncing up and down on the her bed, she was excited as well. The pine twins were equally excited the just showed it in different ways.

" Hey Mable."

" Yeah Dipper." Mable responded emphasizing the yeah.

"You think we should invite Wendy?"

"Why? Are you gonna, make a move on her." Mable said teasing her brother about his crush on Wendy.

" N-no I don't have a crush on Wendy." Stammered Dipper embarressed.

"Thats what they all say." Mable told Dipper.

"I just think we should ask her it would be the nice thing to do. Also she owes me for saving her friends and her from those teenage hating ghosts and doing that lamby dance."

" The smile dip." groaned Mable hugging her stomach.

"Mable get the lights."

"With pleasure."

Mable picked up her grappling hook she got from the store and aimed at the lamp that was at the edge of the room. Even though it was small it was bright enough that Dipper was able to read his book. Mable fired her grappling hook the hook made contact with lamp shattering and turning the light out, it barely missed the window. Grunkle Stan used the glass from the broken lamps to sell to customers saying they were magic crystals. The twins laughed at grappling hook, after they stopped laughing both of them fell asleep, wating for the morning to come and their adventure into the Everfree forest to begin.