• Published 15th Sep 2017
  • 650 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do and the Ghost of Somnambula - Creativa-Artly01



Daring Do, after she saves the town of Somnambula is greeted by the ghost of the town's namesake

  • ...
 6
 650

Chapter 4

Later that afternoon in the village of Somnambula, Daring sits down to lunch with Crocus Apple. "So, can you share some more about Somnambula with me?" asks Daring inquisitively.

"Of course," replies Crocus Apple. "I'd love too. You see, Somnambula was a kind-hearted pony ever since she was a filly. When she was a filly, she'd share her snacks and toys with her friends. She got along with everypony. As she grew up, she shared her things with more and more ponies. This caught the eye of the prince. He watched every day from his palace as she'd share her bread with the other ponies. One day, he came and visited her at the bread stand and thanked her for her good deeds. That afternoon, the prince faced off against the sphinx and stood up for his people. The Sphinx then got mad and captured him. None of his soldiers volunteered to go save him, but realizing the kindness he showed her, Somnambula agreed to go save him. She then took off in full flight towards the pyramid. She then landed inside the pyramid and asked for the Sphinx's riddle. Knowing the answer to the Sphinx's riddle, she replied 'hope'. Furious, the Sphinx huffed and refused to release the prince. Instead, the two made a deal. Somnambula would walk across the rope bridge blindfolded, wings bound to her body by magic, to save the prince. Led by his voice, she successful freed the prince and was rewarded with a shining string of Glopaz which began to glow around her neck lighting the entire kingdom. A few days later, the prince took her as his bride and made him his princess. He then named the town after her and commissioned the statue."

"Wow! That's fascinating!" replies Daring. "I'm so glad to know more about her."

"Well, I'm always glad to share our history with ponies eager to know it," replies Crocus with a smile. He then finishes his hay ale. Daring thanks him for his time and then returns to the Get On Inn. She wants to know more from Somnambula's ghost now. Hopefully, she can manage to get in contact with the ghost once more.