• Published 18th Sep 2017
  • 544 Views, 3 Comments

Toola's First Paint Set - Creativa-Artly01



It's Toola Roola's tenth birthday and her parents have a very special gift for her: a very expensive paint set.

  • ...
0
 3
 544

Chapter 2

A few days later, Splatter Paint and Toola arrive at the Young Foals Art Show and he helps her set up her newest painting. She smiles as she helps him get it onto her display Eisel. Once it's up, she gets into position and awaits the judges and her father returns to his truck and heads off to work at his woodcarving business. He'll be back to get her in a few hours.

A few minutes later, after judging several other foals, the judges approach Toola's stand. As they begin to judge her painting, their jaws drop. They're dumbfounded. They can't believe a filly was able to pull off a painting this big and this complex. "Little filly," asks one of the judges, a mare named Sweetie Swirls, "how did you pull this off?"

"Well, I'm the daughter of artists. My mom is a potter and my dad is a painter and woodcarver, they taught me all I know," replies Toola with a smile.

"Well, it's very impressive," replies Sweetie Swirls, "great job! You should be very proud!"

"Oh I am!" replies Toola with a wide smile on her face.

The judges then go off to judge a few more colts and fillies before finally announcing the winners. "For third place," says another judge, a stallion named Jean-Paul Polk, "is the colt named Air Runner." He walks over and puts the bronze medal around his neck. The colt smiles and provides thanks to the judge, Jean-Paul.

"And our second place winner," says another judge, a mare named Spiral, "is the filly named Glitter Gem." She walks over and puts the silver medal around Glitter's neck. Glitter gives thanks to Spiral and then goes and stands back beside her painting.

"And finally, our first place winner is Toola Roola!" exclaims Sweetie Swirls as she takes the trophy topped with a paint brush to the filly. Toola blushes as she accepts the trophy.

"Thanks so much!" exclaims Toola.

"You're welcome, you're an amazing young artist!" replies Sweetie Swirls. "Keep it up."

"I sure will!" replies Toola with a smile. The three winners then and go line up and get their picture taken by the newspaper.

The next day, the newspaper releases with the heading: Toola Roola and Other Foals Impress Judges in Young Foal Art Show. Toola shows it to her parents and they squeal in pride. They're so proud of their daughter. "We're proud of you, baby doll!" say her parents in unison. They embrace her in a hug. The three then go out for ice cream to celebrate their daughter's win. They are definitely going to enter her in more art competitions in the future.