• Published 18th Sep 2017
  • 533 Views, 3 Comments

Toola's First Paint Set - Creativa-Artly01



It's Toola Roola's tenth birthday and her parents have a very special gift for her: a very expensive paint set.

  • ...
0
 3
 533

Chapter 1

It was a sunny day as the birthday song floated through the air from Toola Roola's home. "Happy birthday Toola!" exclaim her parents. "Happy tenth birthday, baby girl!" They exclaim.

"Thanks, mom, thanks, dad!" replies Toola with a smile.

Her father then goes off into a back room and pulls out a very big, round box and places it in front of his daughter. "Open it," says her father Splatter Paint. "Go on."

Toola's eyes widen and she begins to unwrap the gift. Once she pulls off the lid, her eyes go even wider and she lets out a squeal. "A paint set! Just what I always wanted! Thanks, mom! Thanks, dad!" She says as she embraces her parents in a hug.

"You're welcome," reply her parents as they smile down at her. "We thought it was time to give you this gift. You're responsible. You're very responsible. We knew you were ready."

"I will definitely put them to good use," replies Toola Roola. "I can guarantee that much." She then goes and pulls the palette, brushes, paints, and small Eisel out of the box. She then goes and grabs a canvas out of her art studio and gets to work on a masterpiece. She paints for hours on end. She uses reds, browns, blues, greens, yellows, golds, silvers, and purples along with every other color imaginable. She uses several different techniques as she paints. Her parents smile as they watch her work.

Toola continues to work on the painting for several more days, putting all her tools-new and old to work. She uses brushes, her hooves, Q-tips, and even straw and splatter painting. Once the background is done and dry, she begins to put the vase and flowers onto the canvas, using pale yellows, pale pinks, pale purples, and light blues.

A few days later, her dad comes to her with a flier. He shows it to her and her face lightens. "Really?" she says to him. "You'd let me enter the Young Foals Art Show!" Her eyes widen.

"Of course I would," replies Splatter Paint with a smile. "The painting you're working on right now is sure to win you first place. I just know it!"

"Thanks, daddy!" replies Toola hugging him. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome, sweetheart," replies her father as he strokes her mane. He then leaves the room and lets her get back to work.

Now that she's alone, she gets back to work on perfecting the vase and flowers. She smiles as she works, stopping on occasion to blow her bangs out of her face or to pull her mane back into a ponytail. She can't wait to finish her work so she can enter it in the Young Foals Art Show at the end of the week.