• Published 16th Jul 2012
  • 1,145 Views, 44 Comments

Batmane Begins - WakelessAltair



After losing what Is most important to him, one pony decides that no one should experience that pain

  • ...
2
 44
 1,145

Leaving

Batmane Begins Chapter 2: Leaving Canterlot

It was two in the morning when Shining Armour finally crawled into bed. He was rather surprised when he found the mare in it was still awake.

“Tough day at work dear?”

“Yeah, sorry for not calling home, Cadance. Pretty grim case I had to work on.” Shining Armour looked down as he said this, barely concealing the sadness in his eyes. Seeing this, Cadance sat up to embrace her stallion. With her powers of love she could see when someone was in need of it, especially when that someone was her coltfriend. Shining affectionately returned the gesture, but something was strange, he held her with tightness that she was unaccustomed to, as if he didn’t want to let go.

After several minutes of simply holding one another Cadance broke the silence.

“Is there something on your mind hon’?” She asked as she pushed him away slightly to look at him. A look of hesitation passed over Shinings face, as though he were having an internal argument.

“Well Cadance, it’s just... Tonight, Fleur de Lis, the famous model, you know the one? Tonight she was killed while walking home with her boyfriend, Fancy Pants.” Cadance let out an audible gasp, she had met Fleur before, and they were good enough friends for the news to be a shock to her.

“Did you catch the criminal responsible? Did you talk to Fancy Pants? He must be beside himself with grief! In the morning we shou-.“ Shining raised a hoof to cut her off.

“Let me finish babe, we didn’t catch the guy, it was dark, and he was wearing a mask, Fancy couldn’t even see a cutie mark. Not that he was really in the mood for talking mind you. Anyway, the reason I bought this up was, after seeing how distraught Fancy was after what happened, I started thinking about if I were in that situation, how I would deal with losing you” Shining looked away momentarily, as if to compose himself. “I just couldn’t imagine being happy in a world without you. I don’t know if you, or I will be around to see tomorrow, so I want to make the most of our time we have together. What I guess I’m trying to say is..”

Cadances world froze, she knew what was coming. And she already knew what she was going to say. “Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, will you marry me?” Shining was answered with a kiss that seemed to last forever as he and his lover were both lost in each other.

As they drew away, neither one of them wanting to break their gaze away from their lover, Cadance uttered the four greatest words Shining had ever heard.

“Of course I will”


Huh? Where am I? This, this is the street me and Fleur were walking down.. That means… That means she’s still here!

Fancy Pants tried to turn to his side, only to find he had no control over his body.

“You’re being awfully quiet tonight Fancy, there’s really nothing you want to say to this absolutely beautiful mare walking with you?” Fleur spoke with a seductive purr.

Of course there is darling, I had the worst dream tha- Why can’t I say anything? Why can’t I speak?! Fleur please hear me! I’m here!” Fancy Pants panicked, yelling and screaming to no avail.

A blood curdling screech rang out behind him, Fancy’s body turned to see a pony standing in the darkness behind him. Only something was wrong, this pony’s face was contorted and twisted, taking the shape of a crude, hellish bat. His glowing red eyes locking Fancy into place, staring right into his soul.

“Aw aint that sweet? Two lovebirds out at night, you know the streets aren’t always safe at this time” The bat-stallion spoke with a chuckle, his voice distorted.

It- its him, he’s the one! WHY CANT I MOVE!? WHY CANT I SAVE HER!?

*BANG*

NOO, FLEUR NO!

“You can live the rest of ya life, knowing that your little girlfriend died, because you were too much of a mare to try and stop me” The stallion sneered, and let out a demonic laugh.

“Why Fancy?.. Why couldn’t you save me?..” Fleur gasped through bloody breaths. “Why….?”


Fancy Pants awoke with a jolt, sweating profusely. “She’s really gone. He’s still out there. I couldn’t save her” Fancy cried deeply into his hooves, his forelegs still stained with the tears of yesterday.

After what seemed like hours, Fancy just couldn’t cry anymore. He had no tears for now, and in some ways this state was even worse than the constant crying. In the week since the incident, Fancy had been alternating between crying non stop, and walking around his house in a zombie like trance, devoid of all though and emotion, except those relating to his beloved. The only time he had gone outside was to attend the funeral. It was a small event.

Despite Fleur being famous within Canterlot, not many bothered to show up. That was the thing about living with high society. When you stop to look back, you realize just how few of them are really your friends.

Parasites, they take and they take and they take… And when you have you have nothing left to give, when they’ve sucked you dry, they leave.” Fancy Pants gazed out the window, staring at Celestia’s sun, rising across the horizon, slowly bringing the dark city below him to life. As the shadows fled to the darkest corners, Fancy couldn’t help but visualize the scum of the city, ponies who murdered and stole, slinking back into their dark and dreary dens. In his minds eye, he imagined a foul bat-stallion lurking out there somewhere. The mere thought made his blood run cold.

This city has two sides, when the sun is out, it becomes a paradise on earth, nopony suffers here. Yet at night, it takes on a new form, all the imperfections are revealed under the Lunar light. The cracks show, and out of them crawl the beasts that we all want to ignore. Can’t believe that this is the place Fleur loved so dearly. Obviously the city didn’t return her affection.

The thought of Fleur brought a fresh wave of tears to Fancy Pants’ eyes. He couldn’t stay in Canterlot, not after seeing its dark side. A dark side not even the princesses could banish. Undercover of darkness he would leave. But for now he sat broken and crying, gazing upon the city he had once loved. As he wallowed in sadness and regret, he could hear the bat-stallion laughing, that horrible, evil laugh, mocking him for his weakness.



To be continued, in the next exciting issue of Batmane!


~Some words from the author. So here’s chapter two of BatmaneBegins, it’s a little on the short side sorry, but I promise a lot of things will happen in Fancy Pant’s life soon. Its actually quite a challenge trying to write this story because im getting scared of disappointing the 15 people that favourited this >.> And I also have to fight my natural tendency to procrastinate. Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter, and remember to leave a comment below letting me know what you thought of the story. Oh by the way, I will be diverting from show canon slightly (Well even more than I already have), but I will try to follow it as best as my story allows.