• Published 6th Sep 2017
  • 592 Views, 9 Comments

Stolen - Crecious



The Saddle Arabian's are taunting the kingdom of Equestria with a weapon to overshadow all weapons before. If something isn't done there may not be an Equestria left.

  • ...
1
 9
 592

The Pre-Dawn Light

Luna and Celestia stood in the unoccupied throne room.
"If the Saddle Arabians are planning an attack, surely there is something we can do, Sister," Luna said, watching her sister pace in agitation. Each step Celestia took, resounded around the marble hall, fading a little before the next click of her shoed hoof.

"Perhaps, dear Luna, but here in lies the issue of being a ruler... Do we preemptively strike, or wait to be attacked?" She was clearly distraught. Luna hadn't seen her like this in a very long time.
She sighed and walked to join her sister, now her hoof steps joining the echoing off the walls.

"Perhaps we should take the day and think of what is the best solution. . . I've heard rumors though, they might have a secret weapon, do you think those whispers could be true?" she asked, her tone lowering as she finished. A shiver went through her at the idea. The Saddle Arabians were well known for lavish lifestyles for their rich and fancy technology. Decorating their cities and towns with millions of bits worth of gold, jewels, and symbols of power.

Their capital city building was coated with a thin layer of gold that glittered like a beacon of wealth to all those in view. Their technology was unparalleled. Machines that could lift ponies that weren't otherwise mobile, medical facilities that dwarfed the West's medical capabilities. It was said by some who visited ponies would be wounded and be near death, yet somehow leave the hospital a week later without a dent on them. Their Achilles heel was their lack of abundant water. Water was scarce in the desert. They had no successful agriculture, they relied solely on the farmers of neighboring countries that had more water and fertile soil. By many ponies standards and accounts of their visits, it seemed Saddle Arabia had everything.

However, a secret weapon was spoken of in hushed and fearful tones. What could they have and what cause to harm Equestria? Luna knew the Saddle Arabian's were also very ambitious, driven to expand in the past conquers. Could this be another attempt, after all this time?

Celestia looked at her with a clearly concerned expression. "Indeed, I do believe they could be true."

Luna was shocked, normally her sister was so calm, always had answers. But instead, she was met with... Fear? And perhaps that was what scared Luna the most.

"Do we have any spies?" Luna asked for some kind of idea. "Surely we have spies..." her tone was edged with desperation, she had never been good at hiding her feelings.
Celestia looked down at her.

"Most never reported back..." She said sorrowfully. "I believe they may have been found, and..." she left the thought hanging.
Luna was appalled. "No, you can't mean that! You don't think they killed them!" she cried, louder than she meant. Her voice echoed around them, casting an even eerier atmosphere, despite the wonderfully warm sun that shimmered through their stained glass windows. The room was bright, colorful and normally welcoming. But not today, today it felt like the middle of winter.

"Yes, they don't seem to want to negotiate, nor do they seem interested in hostages. This is a very dangerous game we now play..." Celestia replied softly. Her eyes looking past Luna. That scared her, her sister didn't often look past a pony when she was speaking to them. Perhaps a thought had occurred to her? Surely she'd come up with some plan to save Equestria and their subjects.

"Sister?" Luna asked, trying to get a reading on her. "What do we do?"

Celestia glanced at her for a moment.
"We have just one more defense before we have to take the offensive," she replied. "We have a last stallion who might be able to help us. He's been infiltrating them, and hopefully, he'll report back soon... It's the only thing left to do..."

She finally turned and walked towards the large wooden doors that led outside the throne room.
"Where are you going!" Luna called, galloping to catch up to her.

Celestia turned and smiled softly.
"I need to assure our subjects that right now, everything is okay. I won't alarm them until we have proof the Saddle Arabian's are a very real threat," she replied, and opened the doors. Her usual carefree, maternal smile on her face and she walked into the bright sunlight to attend to her royal duties, leaving Luna watching her go with a sickening feeling growing in her stomach.

Author's Note:

The first chapter in the short prequel to my story, Bonded.

I've had this idea for years, however only recently has it been falling into place to begin writing it.

Please leave comments about what you think of each chapter if you are so inclined. Comments help!