• Published 18th Sep 2017
  • 812 Views, 9 Comments

Origin of Ahuizotl - Catrina37



During a mission with Fluttershy and Daring Do to get the Idol of Boreus, they run into Ahuizotl and one-eyed giants. While they are trapped, Ahuizotl tells them his life story.

  • ...
2
 9
 812

Megan in Griffonstone

Chapter 1: Megan in Griffonstone

High on the mountains of eastern Equestria, Megan, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Daring Do were traveling up to the city of Griffonstone, on a very important mission.

“Thank you all for coming with me. Retrieving the Idol of Boreas from the Abysmal Abyss is something I don’t think I can do alone.”

“No problem, Daring Do. After all, we can’t leave it lying around for Grogar to get his hooves on it.”

At the very back of the group, Megan panted as she struggled to keep up with the three pegasi that are a few feet ahead of her. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and lifted her backpack as she walked on. Her exhaustion didn’t go unnoticed by her friends.

"You okay, Megan?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm fine, Rainbow Dash," Megan wiped the sweat off her face, "I'm just not used to long hikes like this."

Fluttershy gave Megan a look of concern. She walked down to Megan and stopped next to her.

"If you want, I can give you a ride up," Fluttershy offered.

"Oh. I don't want to trouble you, Fluttershy," Megan said.

"No. I insist."

Touched by her friend’s kindness, Megan couldn't refuse. She got onto Fluttershy's back, and Fluttershy flew her to the top.

While Fluttershy and Megan flew ahead, AK Yearling and Rainbow Dash were talking. Daring Do wanted some assurance that the plan they currently have is the best one they had.

"Rainbow Dash, I hope your friend Gilda can help us look for the idol. It's important that Grogar never gets it. There's no telling what kind of power it has," Daring Do said.

"Don't worry, Daring Do," Rainbow Dash said, "She'll help us. Gilda's nice once you scratch the surface."

****

The four finally made it to the gate of Griffonstone, where two female griffins, one eagle-like and one black-feathered, greeted them with open arms.

"Rainbow Dash!" said the eagle Griffin.

"Hey, Gilda! Gabby!" Rainbow Dash said before she hugged the two Griffins, "Did you two get my message?"

"We did, and we'd be more than happy to help," Gilda said with pride and her chest huffed.

Gabby saw Daring Do, and with a glee in her face, she zoomed in front of her.

"Oh my gosh! Daring Do in the flesh!" she yelled with excitement, "I've read all of AK Yearling's books about you!"

Gabby shakes Daring Do's hoof fiercely, causing her body to shake as well.

"N-nice to meet you too, Gabby!" Daring Do said as she vibrated from the greeting.

Then, Gilda and Gabby got a good look at Megan with awe.

"Hi," Megan waved, "You must be Gilda and Gabby. I heard a lot about you from Rainbow Dash and the Cutie mark Crusaders. I'm Megan."

"Hi. Rainbow Dash told us about you too," an impressed Gilda said, "She even said your the first to stand up to Grogar. Totally cool by the way."

"So this is what a human looks like up close!" An enthusiastic Gabby said, "Fascinating."

"Welcome to Griffinstone, Megan," Gilda greeted.

Megan looked with wonderment in her eyes at the vast wonder of Griffonstone, the capital of the Griffon Kingdom. She sees griffons of different colors flying all over the mountain range, many of them particularly flying in groups.

"Wow!" she whispered, "So this is where griffins live."