• Published 18th Sep 2017
  • 805 Views, 9 Comments

Origin of Ahuizotl - Catrina37



During a mission with Fluttershy and Daring Do to get the Idol of Boreus, they run into Ahuizotl and one-eyed giants. While they are trapped, Ahuizotl tells them his life story.

  • ...
2
 9
 805

Inferno In and Out

Chapter 8: Inferno In and Out

Fluttershy put some pain relieving salve on Ahuizotl's arm, while he had the hand of his good arm holding Megan's hand.

"Oh, you poor thing," Fluttershy said, "You got a lot of negative attention at home and at school."

Daring Do was busy drawing a line to keep her enemy and his pets within bounds.

"Fluttershy, don't tell me you believe him," Daring Do shouted, "He's trying to play mind games so you would give him the Idol out of pity!”

"Until I see otherwise, I believe what I believe."

While Daring Do and Fluttershy argue, Ahuizotl cuddled on Megan's shoulder. Megan could not help but feel how comfortable his fur is and how bad she feels that he's been dealt a bad hand all his life. Each of them looked into each other’s eyes, captivated by something about the other.

What intrigued Megan was that, under his villainous exterior, there was a heart of gold hidden away from the world, waiting to show itself, and it came out as if she was the one who unlocked it. And she loved it.

What enchanted Ahuizotl was that, out of all the creatures he has seen, none of them were ever like her. Something about her made him feel free from his villainous shell of anger, pain, and greed. Her care towards him being a large factor. It made him feel like a new canine, and he loved it.

Then, he didn’t know why, but he gained a feeling of familiarity. He felt like he had seen Megan's heart and spirit somewhere before. But where? Ahuizotl gently put his tail hand around Megan when Daring Do interrupted the moment.

"If it's true about your life, Ahuizotl, then why did you abandon Thorne in the Dragon Fields and try to attack Scorpan during the ceremony of his knighting?" Daring Do pointed her hoof on his chest.

"As I said before, Daring Do," Ahuizotl growled, "There are two sides to every story...

****

"...You already know of how I tried to cheat during the final exam. When that Inferno started, and Thorne was trapped in a ring of fire, I wanted to help him because he was the only friend who understood what it's like to be an outcast because of your bloodline. I was going to save him when Father summoned me by telepathy..."

A young Ahuizotl was about to run into the fire when he was stopped by a familiar voice in his head.

"Ahuizotl! Leave that puny weakling! You have to get that medallion!" yelled the voice.

"But father! Thorne is my friend!" Ahuizotl pleaded.

"Our kind has no need for friends! Only the strong survive while the weak perish! Which is what will happen to you if you don't do as I say!" his father screamed.

Ahuizotl was at a loss on what to do. Should save his friend and fail the exam? Or leave Thorne and destroy his friendship with him? Ahuizotl had no choice but to leave his friend. Otherwise, his father would "discipline" him. The thought of it was much to his resentment. He ran for the finish line.

"...After I failed to get the medallion, got expelled from school, and my Father lost his position as Duke, he and Xolotl were furious with me..."

"The power of the Moochik could have been in my claws by now, and my idiot son went and ruined everything!" screamed Duke Coatl.

"Nice going idiot!" Xolotl said.

Ahuizotl shivered as his father glared at him with fiery eyes and a sword in his hand. Instead of striking him with the sword. Ahuizotl covered his head and ducked as he squealed. However, instead of striking him with the sword, his dad put it in his hand.

"Huh?" said a confused Ahuizotl.

"Since you failed to earn the Medallion, you are going to take it from that worthless farm boy...no matter what it takes," Duke Coatl said, "And you better get it right, or else exile will be the least of your problems."

Ahuizotl looked at the sword and thought for a moment. If he kills Scorpan for the Medallion, he will be exiled from Tambelon, but if he doesn't, his father will do worse to him. But as he thought about what his father would do, something happened to him, something snapped. He felt that this was the last straw.

"I'll do it, Father," Ahuizotl said as he picked up the sword with a hung head.

“Brilliant!” Duke Coatl exclaims.

“But not for you!” Ahuizotl suddenly says as his eyes became angry and hate-filled.

Without warning, Ahuizotl suddenly swung his sword at his father, and gave him an injury that would scar him for life: a scar above his eye. Coatl screamed in pain from the sudden attack.

Xolotl, who immediately saw what was happening, grabbed a sword that was sitting a dresser behind him.

“Why you little...” he said.

He then ran to him in full on attack mode, screaming as he did, ready to take him down like he always had in training.

But Ahuizotl was ready for him.

When his brother came, the swords of the two canines clashed with a metallic clang. Each of them fought with all the fury and ruthlessness in their blood, until at one point, their swords clanged against each other to where none of them could move them, and all they could do was use their weapons and strength to try to push one another down.

Using all his might, Ahuizotl got the best of Xolotl and pushed him back. Then, he used his sword to slash and wound his brother’s arm before he could have a chance to recompose himself. The pain caused Xolotl to scream and cringe, dropping his weapon as he did.

As he looked around himself at what he just did, Ahuizotl breathed heavily, his weapon still held tightly in his grip. After all these years, he gave his father and brother payback for the pain they caused him. He stood there, before finally, he ran off in search of the medallion to accomplish a new goal he made himself and not by his father. As he ran, his family watched him leave as they clutched to the wounds he gave them.

****

Megan felt shocked. Ahuizotl, the very guy she went out on a date with in Manehattan, had actually given his father and brother payback for what they did to him! She felt like she could never look at him the same way, but yet, she understood why he did what he did. She understood that he didn’t want to be pushed around or bullied by them anymore. She sees it as a reason his heart of gold was hidden.

Fluttershy also felt shocked, as she had never thought that he would do such a thing to them. But she too understood why he did that, and found it to be a reason why he came to be who he is.

But Daring Do, well, to her it only proved her point in that he was nothing put a villain to no end. The only sign she made to show what she thought was a roll of the eyes.

“So...you attacked your own family because of how they treated you?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yes. But looking back on it, I’m not sure whether I should have regret or satisfaction for what I did.” Ahuizotl answered.

“But, if you weren’t going to give the medallion to Duke Coatl, what were you going to do with it?” Megan asked.

“In contrast to what my father planned to do with it, I had only one intention for if I defeated Scorpan and acquired the medallion: to destroy it.”

“Destroy it?” a shocked Megan says, “But why?”

“I let my anger control me,” Ahuizotl told her with dismay, “I was not only angry towards my father and brother, but also at the medallion for being the main reason my father put me in that school, and for turning me into something terrible.”

Through his words, Megan and Fluttershy found that so much more was becoming clear. He fought Scorpan not to channel the medallion’s power, but to destroy it! And that was what made him go into exile from Tambelon!

Wanting to show that she believed him and understood his reasons, Megan smiled and extended her hand to his good hand like she did before, and held it gently. Ahuizotl, finding Megan’s message through this action, warmly smiled back at her and grasped her hand in turn.

Fluttershy also smiled to show that she too understands him and believes his story. When Ahuizotl saw that, he smiled in turn, because he felt glad that even one of Megan’s friends’, and an Element of Harmony, found him to be someone different than what she already knew of him.

Daring Do, of course, remained with the same kind of behavior that she had since he woke up. Believing that he is only trying to deceive everyone so that he could gain sympathy.

"I think we all know how that part went," Daring Do huffed, "You lost to Scorpan and wound up banished for your actions."

While his ears were perked high when he heard what Daring Do said, he didn’t direct his attention to her, but instead spoke to Megan to comment on that.

"I guess the knights have been talking about me," Ahuizotl said.

"Yeah, but I prefer to hear both sides before making judgements," Megan said, “Anyway, what did you do after you were banished?"

That part of my story is about how I met some certain...acquaintances.”