• Published 6th Sep 2017
  • 411 Views, 2 Comments

The Anthology of Detective Pipe Glass - The Stainmore Phoenix



Ever wondered about Duke Pipe Glass? Here's the cases he took on during his time as detective

  • ...
 2
 411

Disguise for Comedy part 4

Carnival grounds are great for covering one's tracks. The Hippogryph smirked and looked at the necklace.

“Now, I have what I need to complete my little....room,” he chuckled.

Disappearing off, he left his mask in the trash bin. He chuckled and said that he had no need for the mask. However, he should have taken the evidence with him. A figure lifted the mask out and placed it in a packing envelope.

“Young and stupid,” the figure said and turned to the castle. “Now to get this to my sister's potential husband.”

She disappeared towards the castle, her gait speeding up as she drew near to the castle. Meanwhile, Fenland Knight had come down to check on Pipe.

“Hello there,” she said.

“Hello,” he replied. “I have a question for you, if you don't mind.”

“I don't,” she said.

“Your daughter, Moorland, said your the queen, yet I see Marshland running the hive,” he said. “May I ask why that is?”

“She's the stand in queen. As you know, I'm on my last stand. I'll be passing with time into the obscurities,” she said.

“I understand,” he replied.

“I wanted to meet you,” she said. “And having done so, I am content.”

He smiled up at the queen. Just then, there came a knock and admitted was a Changeling in Royal Guard's armor.

“Knight Peace? What is going on?” she asked.

“I found something in the trash on the grounds,” she said.

Moorland, entering, took the envelope and opened it, revealing the mask.

“I'll have the labrats run tests to see who this belongs to,” she said.

Pipe raised a brow.

"Knight's my sister,” Moorland said. “She's the captain of the Solar Guard.”

“Ah,” Pipe said. "But isn't Solar Cloud the captain?"

"Not all the time," came Knight's reply. "He's actually my second in command.

"I see," Pipe said.

Knight turned and walked out. Fenland smiled down at Pipe, who was smiling softly. She then pulled up a chair and sat down.

“So....what's it like having an inspector up your rear end?”

“It's fine,” he said. “I'm not going to stop giving her sh....”

He was cut off by a dirty look from Moorland.

“Language, or you can sleep on the couch tonight,” she said.

Fenland chuckled softly.

“It's fine. I'm used to “Rough Language” as it were,” she said.

Moorland chuckled sarcastically.

“Don't go getting sarcastic,” Pipe teased. “Or I'll use that to tease you more often.”

“Oh just wait until later,” Moorland said. “I'll get even with you tonight.”

Pipe chuckled, until he noticed the evil “Don't worry darling” look in her eye. He couldn't wait to have Nightmare Night end. Before things got out of control, Knight returned with the name of the culprit on the mask.

“It's Talon Rate,” she said.

“They worked fast,” Pipe said.

“Well, they are the most scientifically advanced members of our species of Changeling,” she pointed out.

“Good point, and now, what?” he asked.

“Well, we have him arrested and ready to stand trial. However, Solar Cloud has asked for you to join them in an event at the plaza,” she said.

“Alright,” Pipe said.

He wondered what the event would be.