• Published 3rd Sep 2017
  • 1,901 Views, 60 Comments

Golden Love - enigmaMystere



A Griffin moves to Ponyville and searches for love, but is everything as it seems?

  • ...
5
 60
 1,901

PreviousChapters Next
It's another party! What's this about racing hearts?

Flick wipes the sweat off his brow, grimacing as he realizes that he spread latex paint on his feathers. He slowly starts to pick the substance off his face, looking up at his latest creation, humming quietly. “...is it too subtle?”

He stylized the letters, but one has to really look to realize it’s essentially Silk laying on her side and looking back over her shoulder at you.

She blinks. "Wow... you... this is far more than I expected you to do."

He chuckles, patting her on the shoulder. “I do my best.” He glances back at her thigh, then up at the sign. “...is that the right shade of white, I wonder...”

She blushes a bit, wings fluttering. "The fact that you put that much detail is embarrassing enough."

He smiles playfully at her. “What, are you nervous they’ll find out it’s in the shape of you?” His claw gently scratches between her wings. “Or is it because some eagle eyes will see how beautiful you are from it?”

Her wings stretch out a bit as she answers. "The shape of me part is surprising, but I admit, it does draw the eye."

He looks up at it, then leans over and whispers in her ear. “I could always add some socks, in a sense...” He pecks her on the cheek and looks in the direction of the sun.

"I think it looks lovely." She pats his side.

“Glad you think so. Wish I could’ve seen you in panties so I could add it.” He nods, then drapes his wing over her side. “I think it’s about time for the party. Ready to go?”

She clears her throat, nodding. "Right, does that need to dry?" She points to the sign.

“It’ll only take an hour in this heat.” He shrugs a bit, then draws close to her once more. “Latex paint is like that. And, if you aren’t allergic, I could make intricate designs on your fur.”

She looks down at herself for a moment before shaking her head. "I think I'll stick to my natural look for now."

“Good.” He grins at her. “Your natural self is beautiful.”

"Why thank you." She gives him a smooch on the cheek. "You're pretty easy on the eyes yourself."

He blushes brightly, looking away and smiling a bit. “Well played, Silky.”

Giggling, she rubs her side on his. "Ready to go?"

“Hmm...” He looks up at the sign. “...you’re sure I can’t get you to model some lingerie for the sign?”

"I think it looks lovely. I don't really model most things anyway."

His eyes light up and he grins at her. “So I’m the only one who got to see you being sexy?”

"As of right now, yes." She nods. "Feel special?"

He gently cups the thestral’s cheek, carefully turning her so he can look deep into her purple eyes. “Yes, actually... maybe I could see more in the future?”

Her answer is soft but serious. "Hmm, well, you'd have to be someone really special to me to see all that."

He doesn’t seem deterred. If anything, he smiles back at her. “Is that a promise?”

"As long as that's not the only reason you would pursue that, yes." She giggles.

Flick chuckles, kissing her forehead. “I accept your terms.”

She coos, smiling at him. "Well, let me know if you want to go full on with that deal."

He actually loses a bit of his gold color. “You’re... not exactly the only one who wants that, if I’m to be honest.” He scratches his cheek. “You remember Rainbow?”

Her smiles fades, as does the lightness in her voice. "Oh."

He rubs her cheeks, trying to get that joy back into them. “Hey, come on, now, don’t get down on me. You know I still like you.”

A sigh escapes her as she shakes her head. "I know, I know... this just isn't going to be as easy as I thought."

“The best things in life hardly are... can I at least get one more of your cute smiles before we head over?” He gives her a small, hopeful one.

Chuckling, she smiles at him once more.

He sighs softly, pulling her into a hug. “There’s the beautiful mare I like to see...”

Someone clears their throat behind them, and they turn to see Lyra giving them an amused grin. “Far be it from me to tell you where to show your love, but you are in the middle of the street.”

Silk waves a hoof. "Meh, we're not the first and we won't be the last."

She shrugs a bit. “Meh, I’m just the messenger.” The unicorn turns and waves to a pony nearby. “I tried, Bon Bon!”

"You didn't have to!" She calls back.

“You’re the prude, though!”

Flick, ignoring them, just secures Silk up against his side and starts walking to Sugarcube Corner.

"Those two are cute." She comments as they walk.

“Yeah.” He snickers, glad they’re out of hearing range. “Hard to believe they’re not officially a couple.”

"I think it's denial."

He just gives her a curious look.

She explains. "I think there's a mental line that they both just haven't crossed to realize it."

He nods, beak open in a sign of realization. “I see...” He glances around surreptitiously before gently nuzzling her cheek.

She giggles, smiling at him. "Are those special?"

“Don’t want ponies getting jealous.” He sticks his tongue out at her teasingly.

She smiles, but it shrinks a little. "Is that a yes?"

He stops walking as they get to town square, smiling down at her and playfully ruffling her hair. “Of course it is.”

"Good." She smiles brightly once more, glancing over towards the bakery.

He sneaks in another kiss and heads over, his wing folding back up against his side.

As they get closer, the door suddenly bursts open and the griffon from earlier stomps out, looking furious.

Flick, caught by surprise, gets said griffon to the chest. He blinks, looking down at her with a concerned frown. “...did you have a bad time?”

One claw gouges the ground as she moves around him. "They can all have each other, and you can shove it." Piece said, she quickly takes flight.

He glances back at her, muttering under his breath, “I’d tell you the same, but there doesn’t seem to be any room.”

Silk snickers, clearing her throat as she tries to control herself. "Well, hopefully some time away can better her attitude."

“Maybe.” He shakes his head. “I just worry she threw away something out of pride... too many are wont to do that, lately.”

"Well, there's not much we can do about that." She pats his side. "So, how about a party?"

The golden griffon gives her a small smile, rubbing the top of her head with a claw. “Sure. Might as well if it’s already set up.”

Nodding, she opens the door, jumping back when it makes the sound of a whoopie cushion. The startled mare giggles after she recovers.

He playfully rolls his eyes and takes her hoof, pulling her inside by it.

He sees everyone tense at the sight of him, but slowly relax afterwards. A random pony says, “Oh thank Celestia, I thought she came back for revenge!”

"Wow, I guess we did miss something." Silk comments.

“Mostly pranks that Gilda couldn’t take.” Rainbow walks up, giving them a weak smile. “I’m glad she didn’t do anything to you two out there.”

"She seemed frazzled." Silk remarks.

“Yeah...” She rubs her shoulder with a hoof, turning to look back at her friends. “She wasn’t how I remembered her...”

"Well, maybe she was having a bad day." The thestral offers. "We all have those."

She grimaces, glancing back and forth between the two of them. “You think so?”

“Probably.” He glances over his shoulder. “She seemed a might miffed at whatever happened.”

Rainbow momentarily forgets her sorrow to stare at him in confusion. “Why are you speaking like AJ?” When his only answer is to blush, she narrows her eyes at him.

“Oh hey, it’s Twilight!” He hurries over, picks up the librarian, and carries her to the far side of the room, leaving the two winged ponies by themselves.

Rainbow just watches him leave, slightly bemused.

Silk keeps an eye on her eyes, curious.

As a result, she sees her gaze lower slightly, her cheeks heating up before she closes her eyes.

Silk narrows her eyes, humming. "Good view?"

She flinches, glancing at the thestral, then at the punch bowl. “What view?”

"Hun..." She simply looks at her. "You're not subtle."

The athlete scowls at her. “Fine, I think he looks great, and upset he’s having a great time chatting with Twilight and Applejack. Happy?” She scuffs the floor with a hoof. “I was hoping he’d have words of... it’s not important.”

"He's very friendly with everyone, that's not a terrible thing."

Rainbow simply frowns at this. “...you know he likes them, right?”

"In what way?" She quirks an eyebrow.

“For one thing?” She points in their direction, showing Flick draping his wing over the farmer’s back.

Leathery wings twitch as Silk sees this. "Hmm... I see."

She then sees him blush when the mare leans into his gesture. After a few words exchanged between the three of them, Flick pats the unicorn on the head and smiles.

A myriad of emotions go across the thestral face before she lets out a sigh. "He's too good. I'm not sure how any of us could be this apparently ever increasing list of other potentials."

“Fluttershy isn’t,” Rainbow points out. “Pinkie and Rarity aren’t, either... as far as I know, anyways.”

"Well, at least there's that." She huffs.

Pinkie suddenly pops up behind him, and the griffon squawks and darts away.

This actually gets a laugh out of her, glancing at Rainbow. "Do I need to mention I'm interested as well?"

“Nah, your glares told me enough.” She holds out a hoof, a smirk on her lips. “Think we can make it a contest?”

A bright red bow pops up between them. “Applejack’s gonna win!”

Silk glances down, spotting a yellow filly. "You don't think making it a competition will make things get out of hoof?"

She blinks. “Why would it? We all know Applejack would win.”

"I don't know that." Silk says simply.

Apple Bloom just makes a face at this.

"What? I have to at least try, don't I?" She defends.

“...Ah guess.” She waves towards her sister. “Hey, Applejack!”

"Oh dear..." Silk whispers as AJ looks over.

She waves her sister over, ignoring the worried look Rainbow gives the yellow mare.

"What's up, Bloom?" The farm mare asks as she gets closer.

The filly sits down and points at the mares beside her. “These two think they can win Flick’s heart first!” She looks a little to the side. “Oh, hi, Twilight.”

The unicorn blinks, not the only one to do so after this announcement. "His... heart?"

“Yeah, it’s crazy!” She points to her sister. “After all, she slept with him already!”

A pair of rose-colored eyes immediately snap to the farmer, narrowed slightly. “What.”

"Yes..." Silk's slitted eyes narrow dangerously and her fangs seem more pronounced.

Twilight just looks confused.

AJ quickly holds up a hoof. "N-now hold on there! It's not what ya think! Turns out he sleepwalks and he went back to the wrong bed. Nothin' happened except me gettin' a spook when Ah woke up!"

Apple Bloom frowns at this. “Then why did ya try to hide him?”

"Because of misunderstandings like this." She gestures around to the other mares.

She looks at everyone else, then grimaces. “...oh. Sorry.”

The athlete buffs her hoof on her chest. “Eh, it’s not a big deal, since you two didn’t do anything.” She glances over at Flick and a stallion chatting. “It means I can still...”

Silk raises an eyebrow. "You can try."

Rainbow frowns at her, poking her chest. “You can try. I’ll succeed.”

The poor filly looks around at the mares surrounding her, finally realizing the problem she caused. “...can’t y’all be with him?”

While the others shake their heads or look confused, the librarian actually tilts her head, murmuring. "Wait... I think I've heard about something like this before... heard? That wasn't quite it..."

“It doesn’t matter,” Rainbow says, a hoof stamping on the floor, “because I’m gonna be the first with him!” She turns and walks with purpose towards Flick.

Applejack looks thoughtful before casually tapping her hind hoof against a table. The controlled shock through the wood causes a fruit bowl to shudder at the end, and a banana to fall on the floor right in front of the pegasus mare.

She promptly stops, her hoof resting right on top of the fruit. Her gaze slowly turns towards the other mare, a deep frown etched onto her face.

The farm mare shrugs. "What? It's a prank party."

"You know, she's right!" Pinkie perks up, suddenly right next to Rainbow and giving her a push so that her balance is lost.

She yelps, forced to slide forward until she crashes into Flick, the griffon grunting and falling on top of the mare.

Silk huffs. "Well, that didn't work."

He gets up carefully, helping her to her hooves and brushing off her feathers.

Seeing this, Apple Bloom brightens up and, trying to do the same thing as her sister, accidentally dumps water on Twilight instead.

Flick, noticing this, looks to the owner and gets a towel from Mrs. Cake. He drapes it over an arm and starts making his way over, to Rainbow’s annoyance.

The unicorn sputters, wiping water out of her face while the hostess giggles. "Prank parties..."

“Here, let me.” Careful claws gently dry the unicorn off in front of the whole party, which makes it lucky only her front half got wet.

Twilight blushes and tries to get a word in as he does so. "No wai- I can- Thank you bu-"

He finishes with her horn, gripping it through the towel and rubbing it like polishing a pole.

She yelps, using her magic to take both his talon and towel off. "Okay! I think I'm dry enough!"

He blinks, looking at her nervously. “...sorry, I was trying to help...”

The yellow filly pokes the mare beside her. “Why are you blushing?”

"Applebloom, don't go pryin' now." Her sister quickly interjects as Twilight straightens her mane.

She pouts quietly. “Fine...” She watches as the griffon backs up, looking ready to leave if necessary.

Twilight smiles at him. "It's fine, just a bit... embarrassing." She clears her throat.

He tilts his head slightly. “Why was it embarrassing? Because I was cleaning you?” He looks to Silk. “Should I have taken her to a bathroom and cleaned her there?”

"While that does seem gentlecoltly of you, hun, you also could have just given her the towel." She points out.

“...oh.” He blushes brightly, looking down at the ground. “Right...”

"Right," Twilight begins, "but for now-" Pinkie suddenly zips by and gives her a flower, "Oh! Thank you, Pinkie." She offers it to Flick. "Sorry for scaring you."

He stares at it blankly, then looks to Pinkie. “I just have one thing to say.” He turns it towards her and pulls on it.

"Ah!" She squeals happily as she is suddenly squirted with water from the center of the flower.

He smiles, then looks to Twilight. “Apology accepted, though I really should be the one apologizing.” He bows to her, beak touching the floor. “I’m truly sorry I acted without thinking.”

"It's... it's really fine..." She blushes from the stares his actions are getting.

He straightens up, blushing as well. “...sorry...”

A bump from behind makes Applejack jump forward, bumping her chest against his. He instinctively grabs her to make sure she doesn’t fall over.

"Ahem, thanks." She straightens up, glancing if it was her sister who bumped her.

Surprisingly, she finds no one.

The griffon gives a warm smile, pulling her hat up so he can nuzzle her head. “My pleasure, AJ.”

"Alright alright, ya touchie bird." She playfully bats him away with her hat, but keeps a chuckle in her voice.

He just takes it in stride, tilting his head so it lands on his head properly, stepping back such that it gets freed from her grip and settles on his noggin. “You know you like it.” His tongue sticks out teasingly, then he freezes, remembering who’s around him.

Silk narrows her eyes at the scene.

Rainbow openly glares, wings fidgeting at her sides.

"Hey! Come on now, you can't just stand over here the whole party!" Their energetic host quickly starts pushing them towards various activities.

Flick blinks as everyone else is pushed away, standing there awkwardly in the middle of the party. “...okay, then.”

Pinkie straps a party hat to his head. "Come on,that means you, too! Have some cake and have some fun!"

He blinks once more, slowly turning to face her. “...to be clear, you have no romantic feelings towards me, right?”

"Huh? Nah!" She waves a hoof casually.

He slumps slightly. “Good. I don’t think I could handle another admirer...”

PreviousChapters Next