• Published 29th Aug 2017
  • 478 Views, 0 Comments

What My Cutie Mark Is Meant To Be - WannaFlugelHorn



A new filly is joining the schoolhouse today, and she needs the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help her.

  • ...
 0
 478

Cutie Mark Stories

"You personally know Twilight Sparkle!" asked Scratches, in shock.

"Yah," said Scootaloo. "We visit her a lot to learn stuff."

The group walked up to the large, tree-like castle, admiring the sparkle it had at this time of day. Soon they were at the tall, golden doors. The Cutie Mark Crusaders all knocked, and soon, a purple alicorn appeared in the doorway.

"Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, what a nice surprise! Who is this lovely filly? You didn't bring another 'guest' for our Twilight Time did you?"

"No! We learned our lesson, trust me," explained Scootaloo.

"She may think your great, but that's not why we're here," stated Sweetie Belle. "Go ahead and introduce yourself."

"I . . . I . . . I'm Scratches. Scratches Screw. It's s-such an honor to meet you! I can't believe it, the Princess of Friendship just called me lovely! Thank you so much!" Twilight simply chuckled as Scratches rambled on about how exited she was. "Oh, and, um, yes. We do need help. Well, I need help. Well, they need help to help me. We need some stuff on Gene Apology."

Applebloom laughed. "She means Genealogy, the stuff Pinkie Pie used to find out that she might be related to me. We're trying to help her figure out what her cutie mark means, and Sweetie though this might help."

Twilight smiled and brought them inside and led them to her library.

"Let's see," Twilight said, looking through some scrolls. "Screw . . . Screw . . . Scr-Ah ha! Hmm . . . I don't recognize a lot of these names. Oh, I looks like you might be related to a mare named Screw Loose. I think she lives in Ponyville. Does that help?"

"It sure does, Twilight! Thanks," said Applebloom, and they left the castle.


Scratches was bursting with excitement. "Have you heard of that mare, Screw Loose?"

"I think so," decided Sweetie Belle.

"Wasn't she the one that was recently left the hospital?" asked Scootaloo. "Let's go ask if they know where she is now!"

It took a while for them to arrive at the hospital, but it was worth it when they found out Screw Loose's address. After a bit more walking, the found the mare's house. It was a bit run down. Screw Loose must've been at the hospital for a fair amount of time, because unlike the other houses throughout Ponyville, the plants were dry and brown, and the windows were foggy. But lights were on inside the house, so somepony definitely living there. The group walked up to the house and knocked on the door.

"Oh, hello there, can I help you?"

After another introduction, she invited them all inside. They explained the Scratches was distantly related to her, and that they wanted to learn about how she got her cutie mark, to see if there were any similarities.

"Hmm . . . I was a while ago. Ah, I remember! When I was a little filly, a little younger than all of you, I didn't get a lot of sleep. I had a very busy life. I usually had to stay up late into the night, and get up early in the morning. I also didn't have many friends. The few friends I had only let me hang around so they could make fun of me, pick on me, stuff like that. They were always scaring me, by jumping out at me, or telling me scary stories. I started to have hallucinations. I sure was strange, and very scary. That's when this cutie mark of mine appeared. It used to be a bad thing. I had to be looked over at the hospital. After a while, I got better. Now I'm an out of the box thinker!"

Scratches looked are her odd cutie mark. "Do you think I'll go crazy too? Maybe I should tell you how I got mine. My life was very similar to yours. Fillydelphia was always so busy. It was hard to fall asleep at night and I had school early in the morning. My old friends weren't very nice to me either. I used to get very depressed at times. One night, I was writing down how I felt in my notebook as well as doodling, it was one of my coping mechanisms, and my cutie mark appeared."

Sweetie Belle thought for a minute. "Hey, I think I know what your cutie mark means! Your notebook, it's a spiral notebook! It represents your spiral notebook! I could also be a doodle, like you said. I think you're good at writing at taking notes." Scratches stared at her cutie mark.

"Sweetie Belle, I think you're right."