• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 1,396 Views, 14 Comments

Lifelong Partners - Creativa-Artly01



Sky Stinger finally starts a family with Vapor Trail and the two couldn't be happier.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,396

Chapter 3

The next day, Sky wakes up before the sun only because he was awoken by the baby. He rubs his eye and goes to the nursery and rocks little Airess. "Sleep, sleep, please don't cry. Dad is here now, no need to fear. I have you, I won't ever let you go. I'm here and I love you, I want you to know. Sleep, sleep, please don't cry. Listen to my soothing lullaby. Sleep, sleep, there's no need to fear. Daddy's got you. Daddy's right here." This works and little Airess stops crying. Sky lies her back down in the crib and goes and sits in the rocker on the other side of the nursery. He sighs a sigh of relief and then a few moments later, falls asleep in the chair.

A few hours later, Vapor appears in the doorway and smiles. She's glad Sky was able to get little Airess back to sleep. She comes into the room and plops down at his side and falls asleep once again, her head on his shoulder. As she sleeps, she can't help but smile.

Three hours later, Sky and Vapor finally wake up and go off and get some coffee. As the two sit over coffee, the two talk. "So, why aren't you at work?"

"Spitfire's on family business and Soarin's out of town on his anniversary trip with Rainbow Dash," replies Sky.

"Oh, okay, well, I'm glad you get to stay home today," replies Vapor, "it means you can help with the baby more."

"Yeah, I'd like that," replies Sky. The two finish up their coffee and put their cups in the sink. The two then go for a short fly, hoof in hoof. Everything is perfect and they'd have it no other way. They can both agree to that.