• Published 9th Aug 2017
  • 327 Views, 21 Comments

Barnacle's Adventure: Pony Pirates on the High Seas - Paradise Oasis



Arrrr, a pony pirate crew sets out for high seas adventure for gold, fame, and fortune! But will they be finding treasure, or walking the plank?

  • ...
1
 21
 327

Hippogriff liberation

The five ponies finally made it to the top of the mountain, and were totally shocked by the sight that greeted them.

The beautiful homes of the griffins; magnificent structures, clean streets and pathways, and an overall colorful atmosphere. But while the magnificence of the city still shined through... but the stain of the griffins tainted the entire landscape. Animal bones and garbage were scattered everywhere. dirt and filth caked the streets of a once-beautiful city. Griffins lay all about the city, lazily laying about, throwing dice, and haggling and fighting over scraps of gold. Here and there, North Star could see Hippogriffs in chains; either being dragged along by griffins, of being forced to do manual labor. It made the ponies realize exactly what had happened to the griffins who remained;

"Arrrr, these bird brains have enslaved the hippogriffs." Barnacle snorted angrily. "We gotta save those laddies and lasses who are left!"

"Yeah, but I only see a few hippogriffs out there." Wave Runner replied, flapping around overhead. "What happened to all of the others?"

"Nyar, best not ta think about it, lassie." Salty replied, shivering as he thought about the trees in the valley below. "We should be concentrating on rescuing the ones we can see, then worry about the others."

""Okie, that sounds like a really cool idea!" Fizzy grinned, looking down at the city. "But it looks like there are a lot of guards patrolling the city. We need to take them out, before we can do anything else."

"Blimey, we need to be careful, then." North Star whispered. "We gotta get in and free the blokes, without the griffins seeing us."

The others all nodded, and barnacle whispered a plan to the rest of the crew. The whole group split up, spreading out to different points of the hippogriff capital, and each assaulted a different perimeter guard.

Fizzy quietly trotted up behind one of the guards, and used her bubble magic to create oxygen bubbles in the griffin's blood. The surprised brute rolled his eyes back into his head, and silently collapsed onto the ground. Then, one of the griffin guards flew up high enough, and Wave Runner tackled him to the ground, kicking him several times with her back legs, and beating him unconscious. After that, Salty and North star sneaked up on two guards throwing dice, and North snapped one's neck, while Salty skewered the other with his cutlass.

After the other had cleared a path to the center of town, Barnacle made his way to the center of town, where he began to free the captive hippogriffs one by one.

"Who are you, stranger?" One of the female hippogriffs asked, surprised at the sight of her pony rescuer. "And why are you rescuing us from the griffins?"

"Arrrr, don't be afraid, little missy." The captain replied, cutting the hippogriffs manacles off. "We are here to save all of the hippogriffs the griffins have enslaved." Barnacle then raised his hoof to his mouth in a shushing motion. "But try to keep quiet, we can't let them know we're here, until all of your tribe are free."

Barnacle quickly moved throughout the city, cutting each griffins loose, and motioning them back towards where the other pony pirates were waiting. But after all of the hippogriffs had been freed and gathered in one place, something totally unexpected happened.

"All right, my good hippos," North Star told the hippogriffs they had rescued. "now we need to get out of they- wait, what are all of you doing?! Don't go back into the city!"

Without warning, the hipporgiffs all took to the air in a large swarm, and dove down into the city, attacking the griffins with a ferocity that was uncharacteristic of the pony/griffin hybrid species. As the pirates watched in shock, the hippogriffs managed to completely subdue all of the griffins in the city, giving the feathered invaders a serious beat-down. The feathers literally flew, as the surprised griffins were pecked, clawed, and slashed by those they had enslaved. The griffins managed to put up a decent fight against the hippogriffs, even slashing and clawing their faces. But the hippogriffs soon overwhelmed the invaders, and the griffins were soon all tied up together, in the center of town.

"I-I don't believe it!" Wave Runner stared in disbelief, as the ponies trotted down towards the center of town. "They actually managed to take down their attackers! All on their own!"

"Arrr, I've never heard of Hippogriffs managing to overpower warriors like the griffins before!" Salty noted, clearly impressed by what the pony-birds had done. "They are certainly tougher then the other hippos I've met before!"

"Noble ponies, we are eternally grateful that you have freed us from the terrible enslavement of the griffins." One of the griffins smiled, bowing to Barnacle and his crew. "It would please our town greatly, if all of you could join us for dinner this night."

"Oh, neat! We'd love to stay and eat!" Fizzy replied enthusiastically, elated that she wouldn't have to cook this night. "I'm sure your chefs will cook up something really yummy!"

"Oh, we have something very special in mind for the feast." The griffin smiled, looking the ponies up and down. "I am certain will be a dish that is very close to your pony hearts..."

But as the pony pirates followed the hippogriffs away, North Star turned back when she heard one of the griffins laugh.

"You stupid ponies, you have no idea what you've done!" The griffin laughed darkly, glaring at North Star with hate. "The moment you freed those beasts, all of your fates were sealed!"

"Blimey, w-what do you mean?" North Star asked nervously, giving the griffin with a worried look. "What are the hippogriffs going to do that is so terrible?"

But the griffin only shook his head, looking away from the curious Pegasus. "It really doesn't matter. By the time you stupid Ponylanders find out... it'll be far, faaar to late!"