• Published 9th Aug 2017
  • 326 Views, 21 Comments

Barnacle's Adventure: Pony Pirates on the High Seas - Paradise Oasis



Arrrr, a pony pirate crew sets out for high seas adventure for gold, fame, and fortune! But will they be finding treasure, or walking the plank?

  • ...
1
 21
 326

The Storm Rises

The Storm Rises

In the heart of the Storm King's palace, the dark old weather wizard watched the pony pirates in his magic viewing pool. As Barnacle and his crew liberated the island of the Hippogriffs, the Storm King couldn't help but smile at the foolish Equines' actions. These stupid little ponies were constantly getting themselves into trouble, yet somehow managed to easily get themselves out again. It was no wonder his ancestor had lost his empire to these accursed creatures- who could have possibly thought a few simple equines could pull through all of the traps he had so carefully prepared for them!

Gazing down into the cauldron, he watched Barnacle and his crew 'liberate' the Hippogriffs from the island's griffon marauders. As one of the griffons had warned the ponies, they had no idea what they had done in freeing the island's native inhabitants. The fools had no idea just how sinister the creatures they had liberated actually were, or why the storm king had first sent his marauders in to subdue the hippogriffs in the first place. The ponies would soon be joining their hosts for supper... and equine sailor was the next thing on the dinner menu.

But still... Barnacle and his crew had pulled out of bad situations like this before, so there was a chance they would get out of this little pickle. The storm King decided he would have to take some extra steps, so as to ensure these pirates would not obtain the other keys. Looking up from his storm cauldron, the angry weather fey called out to his minions.

"Skyhook! Airwinch! Get your worthless hides in here!" The storm king snarled, thunder booming out of his voice. "I have an assignment for two little cretins!"

"Coming, oh stormy one!" The two small cloud gremlins replied, as the pair came flapping into the room. "What can we do for you?"

"Those foolish pony pirates may be approaching the third key soon, and we cannot allow them to get any farther on their quest." The Storm King bellowed, conjuring up an image of the location of the next key. "I want you two dimwits to go ahead to blissful Island, and do what you can to hamper the pony pirates efforts."

"Blissful island? You mean the home of those kirin ponies?" Airwinch asked, looking down at the image of the island in the storm cauldron. "Oh boy, those things give me nightmares."

"They're not the worst thing on the island, if you can believe it." Skyhook added with a chuckle. "There are fouler monsters, guarding the ancient temple."

"Yeah, there no way the pirate ponies will get past all that stuff on the island to get the third key! ." Airwinch grinned. "We shouldn't even have to go there and get involved ourselves, at all!"

"Indeed, but you must go there, if I am to posses the third key." The storm king explained. "I want the two of you to the kirin ponies, and convince them that Barnacle is coming to her island to rob their island blind."

"But your excellency, those kirin ponies weren't born yesterday." Skyhook protested. "Won't they easily see through our ruse?"

"We shall deceive them, by mixing some of the truth in with our deceptions." The storm king smiled at his two lackeys. "You two will point out how Barnacle and his crew have been sailing all over the great sea, and gathering all sorts of treasures. I am certain you imbeciles can convince them the mysterious strangers who fly a pirate flag, are not coming to their island in peace."

"We'll do our best, boss... I promise you that we won't let you down." Skyhook saluted, before a puzzled look crossed his face. "Uhhhhhh, by the way... what does 'imbecile' mean, boss?"

"JUST GET OUT OF HERE, YOU IDIOTS!" The storm king roared in anger, as lightning shot out of his cauldron in every direction. "And don't come back until the stitch ponies been tricked into greeting Barnacle as an enemy! NOW GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, THIS INSTANT!"

The two cloud gremlins when rushing out of the Storm King's audience chamber, rushing out to try and complete their task, and to set up a trap meant to ensnare Barnacle and his merry band of pirates. Meanwhile, the storm king looked back into his orb, and watched the ponies go about their business. The old ogre's eyes settled on North Star, as he thought back to another pony.

"You bother me even more then the others, foolish little mare." The villain said aloud, to no one in particular. "I remember all of the grief your father gave me, and how much trouble you ponies were."

The storm king remembered another group of pony pirates, who raided his palace for treasure all those years ago. He remembered one extremely defiant and stubborn Pegasus stallion, who laughed like a daredevil caviler as he plowed through the storm king's minions with his rapier. The villain remembered the terrible battle with the buccaneer stallion, which almost destroyed his castle. And he remembered the arrogant pony sailing away, leaving the storm king's palace- and schemes- in both literal and figurative flames.

No, that would not happen again with the daughter, the Storm King decided. North Star and the rest of these pathetic pirate ponies would never even get the chance to set hoof on his island. The evil ogre would throw every soldier, minion, and servant at the ponies, in order to prevent the pirates from collecting the remaining keys, and recovering the pearl of transformation. He was the storm king, master of the southern seas! And he would send this audacious captain Barnacle to the bottom of the ocean for thinking he could steal from the lord of all storms! This arrogant pony captain would pay for that error with his life!

And maybe, he could get a little revenge on North Star, the daughter of the stallion who humiliated him, in the process...

Comments ( 1 )

Things just got interesting people!

Login or register to comment