• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 2,383 Views, 79 Comments

Equestria Wrestling Federation - chillbook1



The most exciting displays of professional wrestling prowess in all of Equestria!

  • ...
2
 79
 2,383

Monday Night Magic

The arena erupted into cheers as the fireworks went off, signalling the start of the show. The fans of Monday Night Magic were extremely excited for another night of high-octane professional wrestling, and they let that excitement manifest in the form of a loud, persistent cheer. The thousands in attendance were so loud, the two commentators at ringside could barely hear themselves think.

“Welcome, ladies and gentlemen,” said Celestia, waving her hands excitedly. “Welcome to EWF Monday Night Magic!”

“The most electrifying part of your dreadful Monday!” chimed her commentating partner, Discord. “You’re watching the longest running weekly episodic show in Equestrian history! I’m Discord Redrum.”

“And I’m Celestia Regal, and we’ll be kicking off tonight’s show with some tag-team action!”

Now, you’re under our spell…

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

No sooner did Celestia speak did the entrance music hit, signaling the arrival of the night’s first competitors. The crowd reacted as expected, with loud, roaring, unanimous boos. As the music warped from the seductive vocals to a mesmerizing, enchanting tune, two women walked out from backstage. They paused at the top of the ramp, letting the fans soak in their appearance.

One was rather muscular, but still clearly effeminate. Her orange and yellow hair was a huge puff contained by a scrunchie, stopping just past the ball of her neck. She wore a simple orange top with similar trunks, her bottom half marked with the symbol of a treble clef hiding behind a yellow diamond on the butt.

The other was thinner, more lean. Her top was violet with bright green trim, matching with her tights and pigtails. Around her waist, similar to her partner, was a belt of black leather with a circular gold plate at the front. It had the etching of “EWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS” in the center, surrounded by six gems of varying color.

The two women removed their belts and held them over their heads, basking in the sheer hate and loathing from the crowd. The woman with the orange hair gestured to the back, and the crowd exploded into cheers.

A third woman ran from backstage, with bright blue ring gear, her long blue hair tied up in a ponytail, and a massive smile on her face. She was easily the least physically imposing of the three, but she had a fire in her that the others didn't seem to have.

“The following contest is a tag team match, scheduled for one-fall!” rang the voice of the ring announcer. “Making their way to the ring, from The Black Sea, they are the EWF Tag-team Champions… Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk, and Adagio Dazzle… THE DAZZLINGS!”

Aria and Adagio strolled leisurely to the ring, chatting to each other about the coming match. Sonata, on the other hand, was running up and down the aisle, interacting with the fans and showing her thanks for the support. Eventually, she made it into the ring and draped her arms around her partners. Aria and Adagio pretended not to notice, instead focusing on the ramp.

A short few chords of a cello were heard, followed immediately by loud electronic dance music. The cheers from the crowd were loud and even, but nowhere near as deafening as Sonata’s. The two women who walked out wore matching grey and white ring gear, but looked very different in every other way. One was wild and explosive, her hair a spiky mess, while the other was tame and controlled.

“And their opponents, from Ponyville, at a combined weight of 312 pounds…. VINYL SCRATCH AND OCTAVIA MELODY!”

“Time for some great two on two competition,” noted Celestia as Vinyl and Octavia made their way to the ring. “Who do you favor in this match-up, Discord?”

“The champions, of course! I've said it before and I'll say it again: Aria Blaze is one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time,” said Discord. “And Adagio has impressive power for someone her size, her opponents often underestimate what she's capable of doing.”

“You're forgetting someone, Discord. What about Sonata Dusk? The acrobatics this girl can do… If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I'd never have believed it.”

“That girl is an embarrassment to look at,” said Discord. “She's a joke! And not a funny one, either!”

“She seems to be the only competitor on the team with any sort of respect for the sport,” countered Celestia. “Sure, she's a bit of a goof, but she's talented, and she loves what she does.” She might’ve continued, but the match was beginning. Sonata held her arms up, and both of her partners bumped forearms with her. Aria removed her championship belt and handed it to Adagio, who slung it over her shoulder and rolled out of the ring, remaining at ringside to observe the match.

Aria and Vinyl were picked to be the first competitors in the ring, and their partners went to their respective corners. The referee stood between the two wrestlers, checking to make sure they were ready. When he was sure the match could start, he called for the bell. As soon as the bell rang, Aria rushed forward, hoisting Vinyl up and slamming her directly onto her back.

“And Blaze starts off this bout with an absolutely vicious spinebuster,” noted Discord. “Scratch back on her feet, looking understandably disgruntled, and now into the collar-elbow tie up, not where you want to be with Aria Blaze.”

Aria, locked up with her opponent, was mostly scouting. When she noticed a moment of hesitation in her opponent, she slid under Vinyl’s arm. She kicked Vinyl in the back of the knee, then wrapped her arm around the back of Vinyl’s neck before driving her face into the mat.

“Blaze follows with a picture-perfect snap DDT,” reported Celestia. As she spoke, Aria grabbed Vinyl by the hair and dragged her over to her corner, where she tagged Sonata in. The crowd cheered excitedly, giving off an energy that Sonata took in and directed into a quick kick to Vinyl’s side. Vinyl struggled back to her feet, only to be taken down by a quick, well-placed enzuigiri to the side of the head.

Sonata ran across the ring, rebounding off of the ropes. She flipped onto her hands and dropped an elbow right onto Vinyl’s chest. Sonata leapt to her feet, soaking in the cheers of the fans. She dragged Vinyl to her feet, pushed her into the corner, and enthusiastically tagged her partner back in.

“Look at the expertise on display here,” said Discord as Aria planted her boot against Vinyl’s throat. “See how they’re cutting the ring in half, keeping Scratch separated from her partner? That’s an instinct that you develop over years of experience. These girls just got here fourteen months ago.”

“Nobody is doubting their talent,” said Celestia. “It’s just a shame how they choose to compete. If they only just played by the rules, showed respect for their opponent and the sport, then maybe—”

“It’s only cheating if you get caught! In this industry, you do whatever you need to do to make it!”

Aria continued applying pressure to Vinyl’s throat until the referee made it to a count of four, at which point she hooked her arm over Scratch’s neck and planted her with another snap DDT. Aria raised her hand over her head, the boo’s growing more and more deafening. She snarled angrily, then ran to the other corner and delivered a bashing forearm to the side of Octavia’s head. The crowd’s displeasure grew as Octavia hit the floor, finally growing to be too much for Aria.

“Screw you!” she shouted, leaping onto the middle rope. “We don’t need you! We’re tag-team champions! Screw all of you!”

As Aria shouted at the crowd, Vinyl slowly worked her way up to a vertical base. With her opponent distracted, Vinyl seized her opportunity. She ran over and slipped under Aria, placing her head between her legs and hoisting her up on her shoulders. With a thunderous boom, she fell straight back, driving Aria’s spine against the mat.

“And Scratch with a hard electric chair drop,” called Celestia. “And she goes for the lateral press. Shoulders down, and one! Two!” Aria brought her shoulder from the mat just in time. “And a kickout at two.” Vinyl and Aria both remained on the floor, Vinyl crawling to the corner in search of a tag.

“This could be just the twist of fate that Scratch needs,” said Discord. “If Melody can get to her corner, that can be enough to win them the match.” Octavia recovered from the floor, pushing herself to her feet. All she had to do was climb back to the apron and be there for her partner.

Adagio ran around the ring, gunning for Octavia. With the referee distracted by Aria’s forlorn body and nobody to warn her of the coming threat, Octavia had no way to prepare herself for the assault. Adagio viciously introduced the title belt to the side of Octavia’s head, knocking her to the ground where she lay, unmoving.

“See, that’s precisely the behavior I was talking about! Cheating, blatantly cheating!” complained Celestia. “It’s an insult to those prestigious championships.”

“Like I said before, it’s not cheating if you don’t get caught!” laughed Discord. “And good on Adagio Dazzle! She saw what needed to be done and wasn’t afraid to do it!”

Vinyl reached for a tag, shocked to see that her partner was nowhere to be found. She groggily pulled herself to her feet, searching for Octavia. When it was clear that she was on her own, Vinyl directed her attention towards her forlorn opponent. She carefully made her way to Aria, flattened in the middle of the ring. She grabbed a fistful of purple hair in an attempt to pull Aria up, only to have Aria grab her around the neck and leg. She dragged Vinyl to the ground, locking her in a small package pin.

One! Two!

Vinyl managed to get her shoulder up in time, just barely. As soon as the pin was broken, Aria dove towards her corner and tagged in Sonata. Sonata rushed into the ring, swinging kicks into Vinyl’s side as soon as she was up. She delivered a stunning roundhouse, knocking Vinyl onto her back. Sonata grabbed Vinyl by the wrist and pulled her to her feet, then leapt into the air and drove both feet directly into her chest. She fell back into the waiting hands of Aria, who wrapped her arms around Vinyl’s waist. With a mighty roar, Aria threw her backwards, slamming her head against the ground as hard as she could. She rolled out of the ring, pointing to Vinyl’s prone body. Sonata nodded in understanding, then quickly scaled the nearby turnbuckle, balancing on the top rope like a cat. She raised her fists over her head, then leapt into the air. She tumbled through the air, backflipping beautifully and landing squarely on Vinyl’s ribs. She hooked Vinyl’s leg up, keeping her shoulders pressed against the mat.

“Impressive shooting star press!” cheered Celestia. “And she hooks the leg!”

One! Two! Three!

The bell sounded, declaring Aria and Sonata as the victors of the bout. Sonata leapt up, running a lap around the ring, blowing kisses to the crowd. Aria leaned over to the timekeeper’s corner, gesturing for a microphone. She ran over and snatched a mic from an announcer, then rolled back into the ring.

“Boo us now!” shouted Aria. “We won, so boo me all you want!” The crowd was happy to oblige, cascading boos down with record volume. “We’re the champions, damn it! You can’t boo me, I’m the champion! The best tag team wrestler on Magic, and there’s nobody who can even compete!” The crowd voiced their disagreement, starting a chant around the arena of “Aria sucks!”. The champion strolled around the ring, her frustration clearly coming to a head.

“Oh, so you doubt me? Is that it? Well, how about this; If there’s anyone backstage with the guts to come face me, why don’t you do it?!” shouted Aria. “This is an open challenge to any team who thinks they’re good enough to take my tag team title from me!” Silence fell over the arena, the crowd waiting with halted breath to see who would possibly accept the challenge. Nothing happened, bringing an evil smirk to Aria’s face. “See? I told you, nobody backstage would dare step up to the plate! I am the best in the world and—”

Yee-haw!

The crowd burst into loud, resounding cheers as two challengers made their way down the ramp, walking with purpose and confidence. The grand stage of performing live in front of thousands may intimidate some, but not them. They held their microphones comfortably.

“Well, Sunset, I was just talking about how much I wanted a shot at those there tag titles,” said one woman, her blonde hair mostly hidden beneath her hat. “And here they go, offering us a title shot.”

“I know. What are the odds, right?” said Sunset, flipping her fiery hair almost mockingly. “But, honestly, it makes sense. I mean, we go so far back. It feels like just yesterday that we were debuting together. Right, Applejack?”

“Right. Feels like just yesterday we were kicking their asses all up and down the ring,” said Applejack, eliciting a cheer from the crowd. “Our first match in the EWF ended with you pinning Big-Head Dazzle right in the middle of the ring, if I recall correctly.”

“And now… They’re tag team champions,” said Sunset. “You stole those belts from us, Dazzlings. You know that they belong on our waists. So you know what we’re going to do?”

“We’re gonna take em.” Applejack and Sunset dropped their mics, taking only five steps forward before another entrance cut them off.

The regal, classy music could scarcely be heard over the blanket of jeers from the crowd. The woman behind the music couldn’t even take a step along the ramp before the crowd started their chant.

Trixie sucks! Trixie sucks!

“Quiet!” shouted Trixie, holding a belt of her own over her shoulder. Unlike the tag belts, this one was made of white leather, and with a stunning platinum plate in the center. The face of the plate read “EWF WORLD CHAMPION”. Though she was champion, Trixie clearly wasn’t dressed to compete; She wore a black business dress and heels to the ring. The crowd’s negativity only increased, but it didn’t seem to matter much to Trixie.

“Last I checked, Monday Night Magic is Trixie’s show,” said Trixie, loud and clear into her mic. “So if anyone is going to be making any matches, it’s going to be me!” She let the boo’s rise, then subside, before she continued on. “Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, are you two really as stupid as you look? You can’t expect me to allow my tag team champions to compete twice in one night, can you?” Sunset recovered her microphone, pointing at the team in the ring.

“They issued an open challenge,” said Sunset. “We accepted.”

“Only problem is that it’s not their challenge to issue. Normally, I’d be content to send you back to the locker room and be done with it.” Again, there was a rise and fall of”Trixie sucks” chants, and again, Trixie brushed them off. “However… A challenge was made… So here’s a compromise. I am setting up the main event for tonight: Adagio Dazzle versus Sunset Shimmer! If Shimmer wins, I guarantee them a title shot next Monday on Magic!”

The crowd cheered, which was very atypical when Trixie was around. Much like before, Trixie didn’t particularly seem to care. She dropped her microphone, raised her championship over her head, then returned up the ramp.

“Things are ever-changing in the EWF,” said Celestia. “As demonstrated by Monday Night Magic’s General Manager Trixie Lulamoon’s sudden decision.”

“Monday Night Magic, the land of opportunity,” chimed Discord. “Tonight, the main event, Adagio Dazzle versus Sunset Shimmer, with the future of the tag team championships hanging in the balance!”

“But up next, some singles competition; The Intercontinental championship match between the current champion, Rarity Valentine, and the challenger, Luna Regal!”


Aria kicked over a chair, shouting angrily at nothing. Adagio pinched the bridge of her nose, shaking her head in disappointment. She let her partner tear apart the locker room, figuring that the sooner Aria got it out of her system, the better. The Dazzlings had taken refuge in the locker room, taking a break after their match. Aria was throwing her fit while her partners sat on a nearby bench, watching the chaos unfold before them.

“God damn it all!” shouted Aria. “Stupid damn GM! Stupid damn fans! Stupid damn Shimmer!”

“Enough!” yelled Adagio. “Shut up! What the hell is wrong with you?! You can’t just go issuing open challenges all will-nilly!”

“It’s my championship, I can do whatever the hell I want,” snarled Aria. “I’m the champ, god damn it!”

We are the champs, you idiot! Moreover, I am the head of this little group.” Adagio stomped forward, jabbing her finger in Aria’s direction. “And now, you’ve gotten me put in a match that I am in no way prepared for, and, worse still, you’ve put our title reign in jeopardy!”

“Just don’t lose, then! It shouldn’t matter, just don’t lose the match!”

“Look, look, calm down,” said Sonata, slipping between the two and pushing them away. “There’s no point in arguing with each other. Why don’t we just calm down and get ready for tonight. Dag, let’s go get you warmed-up.” Adagio snarled at her partner, clenching her fists. After a tense few moments, she turned to join Sonata by the weights.

“You better make sure I win this match,” said Adagio threateningly. “If we lose these titles… Well, I was doing just fine by myself.”

She walked off, leaving a fuming Aria to return to chucking chairs and belongings around the room.


“Wow,” said Celestia. “A little trouble in paradise. The Dazzlings better get on the same page, for their own sake.”

“But, for now, we have ourselves an Intercontinental Championship match,” said Discord. “Could Rarity Valentine finally relinquish her title? I don’t know, but what I know for sure is that the challenger is definitely the favorite in this match.”

“I think you may be discounting the champion too soon,” argued Celestia. “Ever since winning the championship, Rarity Valentines’s skill in the ring has improved, and—”

“I was referring to you, Celestia. You must favor Luna, her being your sister and all.”

“I favor only two things, Discord, those two things being talent in the ring and a respect for the sport,” said Celestia dryly. “And Luna just happens to have both. Our relationship is irrelevant.”

There’s a Nightmare inside!

The loud blare of a guitar and the vicious pounding of drums rang throughout the arena. Down from the ramp strolled the challenger: a strong, blue-haired, ponytailed woman in dark blue tights. She stretched out her arms, shaking hands with fans on the way down the ramp. She hopped onto the apron, then ducked under the top rope and bounced into ring. She cracked her knuckles and tugged on the ropes, waiting impatiently for her opponent.

The first few somber notes of a piano tune floated out, which quickened into the epic march theme of the current Intercontinental Champion. Her top and trunks were sapphire blue, matching with her eyes and hair. She held an ovoid plated belt over her head, the EWF Intercontinental Championship. The crowd’s reaction was mostly mixed, though it was easier to pick out boo’s than cheers. The champion didn’t let it slow her; she elegantly stepped up the steel steps and bowed over the bottom rope to enter the ring.

“The following contest,” called the announcer. “Is scheduled for one-fall, and it is for the EWF Intercontinental Championship. Introducing first, the challenger, from Canterlot City, weighing in at 195 pounds, The Nightmare, LUNA REGAL!”

Luna raised her arm above her head, ignoring the cheers that floated around the arena. She was focused on the gold that her opponent slung over her shoulder.

“And her opponent, from Canterlot City, weighing in at 146 pounds, she is the EWF Intercontinental Champion… RARITY VALENTINE!”

Rarity raised her championship over her head, letting the crowd get a nice, good, long look at the prestigious championship. She basked in the boos, then handed the belt to the referee. The official turned the belt towards Luna, then to Rarity, then raised it up to the crowd before leaning out of the ring and passing it to the timekeeper. The bell rang, and the two competitors locked up.

Luna took control at first, using her slight size advantage to overpower Rarity and push her into the corner. She didn’t relent her force, at which point the referee intervened. He squeezed in between the two, trying to force them apart. Rarity noticed that the referee was preoccupied, and used that opportunity to quickly poke Luna in the eye.

“Ooh, the referee missed the eye poke,” noted Discord. “Luna better keep her eye on that one, hm?”

“That… In any case, we should focus on the match,” said Celestia, shaking her head. “Luna is looking understandably annoyed. Whether or not Valentine intended to anger her opponent, she should tread carefully. Luna is dangerous enough on a good day, but she can be downright lethal when angry.”

Luna stumbled back, clutching her face in agony. Rarity grinned as she moved forward, stopping a few feet from Luna. She took a deep, mocking bow, her grin growing as did Luna’s frown. The challenger jumped forward quickly, catching Rarity in the side of the head with a stiff hook. She introduced the champion’s jaw with another hard punch, then a big boot that flattened Rarity.

“See what I mean?” said Celestia. “I hazard to say that, once Luna gets going, she can’t be stopped.”

“If anyone can stop her, then, it’ll be the Patron Saint of the Ring,” said Discord. “Saint Valentine is nothing to be trifled with.”

Rarity quickly scurried to her feet, blocking Luna’s next strike and countering with her own. The two traded blows, hook after hook until Rarity finally managed to work in a stiff kick to Luna’s leg. The challenger buckled to one knee, at which point Rarity kicked out the other leg. She grinned, then gave another mocking bow. Rarity smashed her elbow into the side of Luna’s head, laying her flat.

“And, just like that, Rarity Valentine drops her opponent!” called Discord. “Luna looks to be out cold!”

“You’re underestimating the challenger,” noted Celestia. “I know Luna better than I know just about anyone, and she’s tougher than that.”

Rarity dragged Luna to the middle of the ring, then dropped on top of her in a full mount. Rarity rained fist after fist down onto a defenseless Luna, stopping only when she thought it prudent to switch up her offense. She pulled Luna’s arm to the side, then stomped harshly onto the elbow. She ran and rebounded off of the ropes, then dropped an elbow into Luna’s gut.

“After the initial attack by Luna, Rarity appears to be having her way with her opponent,” said Discord. “A big change is gonna have to be made if we want to see a new champion tonight.”

Almost as if caused by that very sentence, Luna began working her way back to her feet. She made it to all fours before Rarity lazily kicked her to the ground. Again, Luna battled her way to her hands and knees, only to have Rarity slap her across the face and bring her right back where she started. Rarity turned to the crowd and bowed, smiling while she did.

Rarity returned to her prey, grabbing Luna by the hair. She mocked Luna, slapping her across the face and peppering her with insults. Luna swung at Rarity, barely missing her each and every time. Rarity tugged one more time at Luna’s hair, which was enough to push her over the edge. Luna forced herself to her feet, then thrusted a palm into Rarity’s throat. She hit Rarity twice more in the throat, then delivered a firm headbutt which dropped the champion like a stone. Luna ripped her scrunchie out of her ponytail, letting her hair drop loose.

As soon as Rarity was on her feet, Luna leapt onto her and pelted her with a flurry of fists. Rarity was defenseless to Luna’s onslaught, having no choice but to endure the hailstorm of blows.

Luna stood up and let out a manic roar, her shout infecting the arena with a wild, uncontrollable energy. The look in Luna’s eye had changed. Before, she was laser focused and calm. Now, she moved like a beast, savagely swinging at her opponent with no rhyme or reason.

“And now Luna, back on the offensive,” said Celestia. “She's slipped into that zone of hers, almost as if she's become a different person!”

Luna didn't stop there; She dropped knee after knee onto Rarity’s leg. She dragged her over to the ropes, draping Rarity’s leg over the middle rope. She grabbed Rarity ankle and bended it, applying pressure to the champion’s right knee.

“This side of Luna is a whole different competitor than she was before,” said Discord. “And, I gotta say, I like this one a lot better. The ferocity! The savagery! The ring-smarts! The way she utilizes every single second of the referee’s five-count is the difference between a good wrestler and a great one.”

“Also, notice how she focuses her onslaught on Rarity’s knee,” pointed out Celestia. “It appears that Luna is trying to weaken the leg, one of Rarity’s most dangerous assets. How many opponents have we seen Rarity put away with that figure-four leglock of hers?”

“More than I can count, so, if Luna were to take out that leg, she’d severely cripple the champion’s offense.”

Rarity clutched her right leg, her face twisted up in agony. Luna took just a moment to take a breather before resuming her onslaught. She stomped brutally on the injured leg one last time before dropping down and pinning Rarity to the mat.

One! Two!

Rarity managed to get her shoulder up in time, though just barely. Luna dragged Rarity to her feet, bending the champion over at the waist. She turned her back to Rarity’s head and hooked her arms, then twisted and hoisted Rarity up into the air, suspending her upside down.

“Luna preparing to end the match, going for the Eternal Night,” said Celestia. Rarity managed to fight her way out, flipping onto her feet. “But the champion manages to escape Luna’s devastating finishing move.”

Before Luna could turn around, Rarity dove for the ground and drove her elbow into her opponent’s knee. Luna tumbled, which was just the opening Rarity needed. She twisted Luna’s leg, bending her right leg over her left, and cinching in the figure-four leglock.

“And she’s got it locked in! The figure-four!” cheered Discord. “Title reigns have ended because of this move! And Luna, in the middle of the ring, has nowhere to go!”

“But, as you can see, Rarity is clearly favoring that right knee,”chimed Celestia. “I don’t know if she has it locked in as securely as she might like. She’s not quite at 100%.”

“Rarity Valentine at 50% is still better than most competitors at 100. You shouldn’t ever lower your guard around Valentine.”

Just as Celestia had said, Rarity’s submission hold wasn’t perfectly locked in, and Luna was able to fight her way out with relative ease. Luna scurried backwards, taking a moment to catch her breath. The champion fought her way to her feet, clutching her right leg gingerly. She put some pressure on the leg, testing its strength. When she was sure she could stand indefinitely, she set her sights on Luna.

The two met in the middle of the ring, grabbing each other into an elbow-collar tie up. They struggled for control of the hold for a bit before Rarity took control and slipped Luna into a side headlock. She wrenched down firmly, driving Luna down to one knee. The challenger clubbed Rarity savagely on the back, the single strike almost enough to force Rarity to release the hold. Luna battered her opponent’s back three more times, each blow loosening the hold by a considerable amount. Luna shoved Rarity away, sending the champion rebounding off of the ropes. Before Luna could even move, Rarity drove her right knee into Luna’s nose.

“A picture-perfect knee from the champion!” cheered Discord. “This could be just what she needs to get the match’s momentum back in her favor.”

“I’m unsure as to who got off worse in that exchange,” said Celestia skeptically. “Rarity seems to be in serious pain after that.”

Rarity clutched her right knee, slamming her fist against the mat in frustration. She pushed the pain she was experiencing to the back of her mind, forcing herself to stand. She limped over to Luna, grabbed her up by the hair and delivered a firm hook to the jaw of the challenger. She delivered a stiff elbow to Luna’s head, then another, and another, until Luna was pressed back into the corner. Rarity backed up, then ran forward and leapt onto Luna, burying her knees into the challengers chest and monkey flipping her back. Quickly seizing her opportunity, Rarity climbed to the top rope with her back facing Luna. She took in a deep breath, then leapt back and flipped forward through the air, doing a bit more than a full rotation.

“A stunning imploder 450 splash by the champion!” called Discord. “And she goes for the cover!”

One! Two!

Luna brought her shoulder up from the mat with no time to spare. Rarity’s frustration was clearly visible, frustration which she took out on her opponent. She descended onto Luna and rained hard right hands onto her face. Luna shoved her off and scurried to her feet. She charged at the champion, who ducked down and tripped Luna with a drop toe hold. Immediately, Rarity flipped her onto her back and twisted her legs into another figure four. This time, the hold was nice and secure.

“That’s gotta be the match,” said Discord. “Rarity’s got that figure four locked in, and Luna’s in the middle of the ring with nowhere to go! She’s gonna tap, I know it!”

Luna shouted in pain, trying futilely to make her way to the ropes and force a break. Unfortunately for Luna, Rarity had played it smart, keeping them anchored in the center of the ring. Luna’s trembling hand hovered a few inches from the mat, threatening to submit.

Let’s go Luna, Valentine sucks! Let’s go Luna, Valentine sucks!

Luna clenched her fist, punching the ground to distract her from the pain. The crowd’s chants filled her with vigor, an energy she needed to turn the match around. She teetered and turned, eventually tipping both Rarity and herself onto their stomachs. With impressive athleticism, Luna pushed herself to her knees, then arched back and hooked her hands beneath Rarity’s chin.

“The Tantabus!” called Celestia, leaping out of her seat. Luna tugged wildly at Rarity’s head, wrenching down with all the pressure she could muster. “Luna’s locked in the Tantabus! Nowhere to go, no way to break the hold!”

Rarity held her hand up high, fighting as hard as she could to resist the urge to tap. Try as she might, the pain grew too great, and the champion slapped the mat in rapid succession. The bell rang and Luna immediately broke the hold. She leapt up raising her arms over her head as the crowd cheered her on.

“The winner, and the new EWF Intercontinental Champion…” shouted the announcer. “The Nightmare, LUNA REGAL!”

The referee delivered the championship to Luna, who excitedly held it over her head. The crowd cheered for her, the applause downright thunderous. Luna rolled out of the ring, ran around to the commentator’s table and jumped into Celestia’s arms.

“Oh my… Erm… Luna Regal, finally claiming her first ever EWF championship,” said Celestia, awkwardly hugging her sister. “She’s worked hard, and I can think of no competitor who deserves this title more.”

“An incredible match with an incredible result,” said Discord. “We’ve got ourselves a new champion! Luna Regal, finally capturing the Intercontinental championship in a long, hard-fought battle.”

Luna stood atop the commentator’s table, holding her new title over her head. She grinned widely, basking in the glow of her victory.

“A historic night for Monday night Magic, for sure,” said Celestia. “A night to be all the more memorable for our next match; two titans of the industry clash for the first time ever to decide the #1 contender for Ember Torch’s EWF National Championship; The Equalizer, Starlight Glimmer versus The Outrageous Pinkamena Diane Pie!”


“You got this, Shim,” said Applejack, holding up her palms. “You're better than her. You've always been better than her. Now, you just gotta show it.”

Sunset jabbed at her partner’s hands, slipping into form in preparation for her match. She was ready to take the championship she had worked so hard for. She cursed her shoulder, not for the last time. If it weren't for her injury, they would be Tag Team champions right now. They were in the backstage area, getting some last minute training in. Sunset wanted to be at 100% for her match tonight.

“It's not Big Head I'm worried about. Unless she plans to pin me with her ego,” said Sunset. “It's Blaze. She's a snake in the grass.”

“We get snakes on the farm all the time. I'm mighty good at dealing with them.”

“Thanks, AJ. Glad to have you in my corner.”

Applejack dropped her hands, suddenly standing straight up. She walked past Sunset, not stopping until she was nose to nose with the approaching Aria Blaze.

“What do you want, Blaze?” said Applejack.

“You made a mistake by challenging us,” said Aria.

“Or maybe you made a mistake by challenging me,” said Sunset. She nudged Applejack’s elbow, signalling her to step back. Though Sunset was much smaller than her partner, she was equally intimidating, if not more.

“Sit this match out, Shimmy,” said Aria. “Before you get your shoulder injured. Again.”

“You making threats?” Sunset took a menacing step forward.

“No. I'm making promises.”

Aria swiftly clubbed down on Sunset’s shoulder, dropping her to the floor. Aria swiped twice more, then delivered a stiff kick to Sunset’s arm before Applejack could so much as swing for her. Aria ducked, then hurried out of the training room, easily outrunning the much larger Applejack. Sunset groaned in pain, clutching her shoulder gingerly.

“Damn it!” Sunset grabbed Applejack by the wrist, stopping her from running after Aria.

“Leave her,” grunted Sunset. “Help me tape this up. I gotta be ready for this match.”

“Shim, you can’t be serious,” said Applejack. “Your arm, it ain’t in good shape. You shouldn’t be back in the ring at all. I’m calling Trixie and having her cancel the match.”

“Like hell you are! I’m doing this!”

“I’m not letting you hospitalize yourself like this!” She yanked her arm from Sunset’s grasp, going for the door. Sunset grabbed her again, tighter this time.

“AJ. What did I say to you before I went in for surgery?” asked Sunset. Applejack shook her head.

“No. You don’t have to do this. I won’t let you kill yourself.”

“I said that, as soon as I stepped back under an EWF roof, I’m going to win us those tag team championships. I put us on the shelf for months, and I promised that I’d make it up to you.” She let go of Applejack, stretching out her injured arm. “Now, do you want to make me a liar?”

“Hell naw…”

“Do you want to be champions?”

“Hell yeah.”

“You want to kick some Dazzling ass?” Sunset pushed Applejack firmly, grinning as her partner bounced up and down with a fiery new energy.

“Hell yeah!”

“Then let’s get ready to go put some boots to asses!”

“Hell yeah!”


“That grit, that perseverance, that determination,” said Celestia, barely able to think over the crowd’s “Hell yeah” chants. “Those are the hallmarks of a future champion.”

“To be competing so soon after a torn rotator cuff, and she’s gunning for the titles,” said Discord, shaking his head. “Perhaps if the champions were lesser competitors, but Sunset Shimmer is challenging some of the most talented and vicious up-and-coming stars the EWF has ever seen. It’s suicide!”

“We’ll have to sit tight to see how Sunset manages to deal with the Dazzlings, but now…” said Celestia. “Now, a number one contender’s match for the EWF Nationals championship.”

Right on cue, a snare drum roll sounded throughout the arena, bleeding into a militaristic march. The competitor who accompanied the music wore a set of black tights, with a grey equal sign plastered across the butt. She moved with purpose, not even glancing at the fans that were peppering her with boos. She rolled into the ring, tugging on the ropes to test the tension as she waited for her opponent.

“The following contest is scheduled for one-fall, and it is a number one contender’s match for the EWF Nationals Championship! Introducing first, from Our Town, weighing in at 162 pounds… The Equalizer, STARLIGHT GLIMMER!”

Starlight stared right down the aisle, not paying attention to anything but her next potential victim.

The arena was filled with the blare of an accordion, followed by a loud, resounding cheer from the crowd. A peppy, polka tune began to play, and Starlight’s opponent made herself known.

Though she was a bit on the larger side, she moved like a woman half her size, skipping and cartwheeling down the aisle. She wore a light blue top with blue and pink striped tights, which agreed with her bright smile and general bubbly demeanor. After running up and down the ramp twice to give as many fans her love as possible, she hopped up to the apron and front-flipped into the ring.

“And her opponent, from Rockville, weighing in at 266 pounds, the Outrageous PINKAMENA DIANE PIE!”

Pinkie did a little bow, then enthusiastically offered her hand to her opponent in a show of friendly sportsmanship. Starlight stared at it like a dead rat. She brought her hands up, ready for the match, while Pinkie shrugged and adopted a similar stance. The bell rang, and the two women locked up in the middle of the ring.

“And we’re off, both competitors vying for control early on here,” said Celestia. “Pinkamena, quite possibly the most unique competitor we have here in the EWF, taking control with a firm strike to the head.”

Pinkie battered her opponent in the head three times before sliding under Starlight’s arms and grasping her around the waist. She hoisted her up, then slammed her down onto her stomach. She shimmied around, delivering a firm knee to Starlight’s shoulder.

“Standing switch into a takedown, followed by a stiff knee from Pie,” reported Discord. “As you said, Pie is possibly the strangest of the strange here at the EWF, she is a woman of many hats.”

“Indeed,” agreed Celestia. “A former comedian turned baker turned plus-size model turned professional wrestler. But don’t let her size fool you, because Pinkamena Pie is more agile than just about every other woman on the roster.” Almost as if to illustrate that point, Pinkie rolled back to her feet, did a flipping leap into the air, and buried her boots into Starlight’s lower back.

“Stunning frontflip double boot stomp by Pie, Glimmer finally back to her feet,” said Discord. “Another lockup, this time The Equalizer seems determined to take control.”

This time, when Pinkie slipped under Starlight’s arm, Starlight clasped on a tight side headlock. She wrenched pressure downwards, forcing Pinkie to her knees while Starlight took time to catch her breath.

“And Glimmer slowing down the pace here, a smart move,” said Celestia. “A slow, methodical approach like Starlight Glimmer’s might be the only thing short of a miracle that can stop Pinkamena once she gets going.”

Starlight seemed to know this, as she made no attempt to pick up the pace. She kept her hold cinched in, draining the life from her opponent with every passing second. Pinkie forced herself back to her feet, clubbing Starlight in the back to no effect.

“Pie is really going to have to make a change if she’s going to get back into this match,” noted Discord. “She can’t possibly expect to win from that position.”

Pinkie stomped her foot on the mat, then again, and again, the crowd joining in after a bit. The rhythm increased with time, the sheer noise and energy giving Pinkie strength. She turned to face Starlight, then grabbed the top of her head. She put her own head beneath Starlight’s jaw and dropped to her knees.

“And Pinkamena’s back in the fight after a hard jawbreaker,” called Celestia. Pinkie was back to her feet in an instant and immediately went to work, raining down hard right hands on her opponent. She grabbed Starlight by the wrist and threw her to the ropes. Starlight rebounded and felt Pinkie’s head strike her square in the chest, laying her out on her back.

Starlight scurried to her feet, clutching her chest breathlessly. She studied her opponent, annoyed by the bright grin that seemed determined to stay on Pinkie’s face. Starlight decided that, one way or another, she would get rid of that grin. The two began to circle each other, looking for an opening. Not seeing one, Pinkie decided to make her own.

She dove for Starlight’s leg, arching her right foot behind her with unbelievable flexibility. Starlight blocked low, so focused with Pinkie’s dive that she could do nothing about the boot that was coming towards her chest. Pinkie followed her impressive display by pressing her hands against the mat and launching herself to her feet.

“And an incredible Scorpion Kick by Pinkamena, just look at that athleticism!” said Celestia. “Who would have thought that a girl that size could move like that?”

“That girl is a freak of nature, that’s for sure,” said Discord. “She shouldn’t be able to do half of the things she does!”

Starlight was getting frustrated. She couldn’t seem to get a read on Pinkie. Her speed was uncanny, almost impossible to predict. She cracked her knuckles before rushing at her opponent. Pinkie ducked, then, when Starlight turned around, struck her in the chest with a heavy palm strike. Her opponent stunned, Pinkie grabbed Starlight around the back of the neck and slammed her own head into Starlight’s face. She followed her headbutt with another, then another, picking up speed until she had struck Starlight eight times, dropping her to the ground when she was through.

“And the Stun Gun Headbutts from Pie, cover,” called Discord. “One, two, and a kickout at two. Starlight can’t be feeling too good after that vicious barrage of headbutts.”

“I’ve interviewed some of Pinkamena’s opponents after being on the receiving end of that move,” reported Celestia. “Many compare the Stun Gun Headbutts to dropping a bowling ball on your head.”

“Somehow, I’m not surprised to hear that Pie has an abnormally thick skull,” said Discord with a roll of the eyes.

Pinkie grabbed Starlight by the wrist and dragged her to her feet, then threw her towards the ropes. When she rebounded, Starlight brought a smashing elbow to Pinkie’s face, dropping her like a stone. Starlight stomped with all of her might on Pinkie’s ankle, immediately dropping down for a pin.

One!

“Easy kickout by Pinkamena Pie,” said Celestia. “It’ll take a lot more than that to keep her down for the three count.” Starlight grabbed Pinkie’s leg and turned her onto her stomach, hooked her leg behind her and sat on Pinkie’s back, tugging the leg and applying insane pressure to Pinkie’s back and leg.

“Glimmer’s got the single leg Boston Crab locked in,” said Discord. “Pie, in the middle of the ring, with nowhere to go!”

Pinkie reached for the bottom rope, hoping to force a break. Starlight, too ring savvy to allow that to happen, planted them both firmly in the center of the ring. Pinkie’s options were limited to two: power her way out or submit.

“Look at the strength on display!” said Celestia, watching in awe as Pinkie pushed herself (and, by extension, Starlight) up with her hands. Pinkie pushed up, walking herself back with her hands until she was upside down and Starlight was standing. Starlight stood, shocked and confused, as Pinkie threw herself into the air, grabbed Starlight over the neck and buried her skull into the mat.

“Incredible! Party Favor DDT!” cheered Discord, even he finding himself impressed by the “freak of nature” in the ring. “Never in my life have I seen a single leg Boston Crab get reversed into a DDT!”

“But that might have been all the gas that Pinkamena had left in her tank,” said Celestia. “She is, as they say, down for the count.”

One!

Two!

Three!

Both Pinkie and Starlight fought to stand, every drop of energy left in their bodies being used to push themselves up.

Four!

Five!

Six!

Seven!

At the referee’s count of seven, both competitors found their way to a vertical base. Pinkie swung a hard, stiff right hand into Starlight’s head, dazing her opponent.

Yeah!

Starlight touched her lip, checking for blood. She clenched her fist and swung as hard as she could, connecting with Pinkie’s jaw.

Boo!

The two traded blows, with the crowd cheering for every bit of Pinkie’s offense and booing for all of Starlight’s. As the cheers grew louder, so too did the punches grow harder, until, eventually, Starlight Glimmer had dropped her opponent. Starlight grabbed Pinkie by the hair, dragging her to her feet.

Pinkie rammed her head forward, bashing into Starlight’s stomach. Pinkie bent her over at the waist, then slipped Starlight’s head between her legs.

“Pinkamena looks to be trying to end this!” called Celestia. “Setting up for the ED, this will surely… Wait a moment, who the hell is that?!”

A girl smaller than both Pinkie and Starlight leapt from the crowd, clutching a steel folding chair. She slid into the ring and smashed the chair against Pinkie’s back, the crack of steel against spine resonating throughout the arena. The referee called for the bell to end the match, but could do nothing to stop the interference from battering Pinkie again and again with the chair.

“That’s… That’s Ember Torch!” called Discord. “The EWF Nationals champion just ruined this match!”

“I-I don’t understand! Why would she do this?” asked Celestia. “Where did Ember even come from?”

Ember grabbed Starlight by the wrist and aided her to her feet. Starlight looked around, groggy and confused, before Ember rammed the chair into Starlight’s middle. Ember smashed the chair against the back of Starlight’s head, crumpling the chair until it hardly resembled its original form.

Ember raised her fists above her head, the chair clattering to the mat. She rolled out of the ring, then hopped the barricade and left the arena the same way she entered.

“This is poppycock! I wanted to see the end of that match, damn it!” shouted Discord. “A disqualification? Who's the #1 contender? Who challenges Ember?”

“Hold on, word is coming in now,” said Celestia, touching her earpiece. “I've just received word from General Manager Trixie Lulamoon, stating that the number one contender for the Nationals Championship will be decided this Friday on Ascension!”

“But, for now, it's time to get ready for the main event!” said Discord. “Sunset Shimmer vs Adagio Dazzle and, if Shimmer wins, she and her partner earn a shot at the EWF Tag-team Championships! That's next…”


Sonata bounced up and down in her dressing room, preparing herself for the coming match. Though she wasn't competing, she had to be at her very best. If she was able to cheer loud enough, Adagio would win for sure.

A knock at the door took Sonata away from her preparations.

“It's open!” said Sonata, dropping down in front of her mirror to fix her hair. The door clicked open, and in stepped Applejack. Sonata looked at her uneasily through the mirror, but stood where she sat.

“Howdy, Nata,” said Applejack.

“You shouldn't be here,” said Sonata. Applejack nodded, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Neither should you,” said Applejack. “You should be with a partner that keeps you on the right side of the law.”

“Aria and Adagio are my family. We look out for each other. I can't leave them. They're the reason I'm here. The reason I'm a champion.”

“What about next Monday? When Sunny and I take the belts,” said Applejack. “Still think they'll be looking after you then?”

“I think that you'll never get your title shot, because Adagio is going to win,” said Sonata. Applejack gently placed a hand on Sonata’s shoulder.

“Look, Sonata. You're a good kid, and an even better wrestler,” she said. “Don't throw away your career for those two leeches holding you back.”

Sonata stood up, shaking free of Applejack’s grasp.

“AJ, it's been nice talking to you, but you really need to go. I need to get ready to support my friend,” said Sonata. “Maybe you should do the same.”

“Alright, Sonata. I'll get out of your hair.” Applejack stopped in the doorway. “Me and Sunny miss ya, kid. Take care of yourself.”

Sonata looked down, saying nothing to Applejack. When she heard the door click shut, she stared in the mirror.

“Alright, Sony,” she said to herself. “It's showtime.”


The loud blare of a guitar cut through the arena, starting up the crowd. Down the ramp strolled Applejack and Sunset, the latter of whom had her right shoulder braced with thin black tape. Sunset rotated her shoulder, making sure that she was still okay to compete, then ran up and down the ramp. She interacted with the fans, posing for pictures and even signing a shirt.

“The following contest is scheduled for one-fall! Making her way to the ring, accompanied by Applejack, from Canterlot City, weighing in at 155 pounds, The Demon, SUNSET SHIMMER!”

Sunset rolled into the ring, jumping to the middle rope and bouncing idly. She pointed up the ramp, then pointed to the mat, making her intentions clear. She was winning this match, injured shoulder or no.

Now, you’re under our spell…

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Adagio and Aria stomped down the ramp, neither willing to look at each other. Sonata joined them after a beat, just as usual, but the trio's entrance was different. Their synergy was off, which would no doubt impact Adagio’s performance in the ring.

“And her opponent, accompanied by Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk, from The Black Sea, weighing in at 191 pounds, ADAGIO DAZZLE!”

Sonata raised her forearm, offering it to Adagio. After a moment of consideration, Adagio returned the greeting, touching arms with her partner. She locked eyes with Aria, staring her down. The two sighed, then repeated the forearm bump.

Adagio stepped into the ring, strafing Sunset in an attempt to find an opening. Applejack stood by ringside, as did Aria and Sonata, cheering on their partner.

“And we're off,” said Celestia as the bell rang. “This is bound to be an interesting match. Sunset Shimmer and Adagio Dazzle had their debuting match together, with Sunset walking away victorious. Time to see if history repeats itself.”

Sunset grabbed Adagio in a lockup, the latter reversing into a side headlock. Sunset twirled around, her back to Adagio’s, and hooked their arms together. She dropped to her knees and arched herself forward, pressing Adagio’s shoulders to the mat.

One!

Though taken off guard, Adagio managed to kick out. Seeing an opportunity and not to be outdone, Adagio went for a roll-up of her own; in one fluid movement, she slipped her head beneath Sunset’s belly, flipping them both over and hooking Sunset’s legs for the pin.

One! Two!

Sunset brought her shoulder up just in time, but didn't get a chance to counter; as soon as the pin was broken, Adagio dropped down and rained hard strikes onto Sunset’s head. She grabbed Sunset by the hair and slammed her head against the mat.

“And Dazzle in the driver's seat of this match, always been a superior striker to Sunset,” said Celestia. “But Sunset Shimmer possesses this rare ability to reach into some unknown place and somehow find the energy to keep fighting when a lesser competitor would be empty.”

Sunset scurried to her feet, rotating her shoulder again. She grabbed Adagio, managing to overpower her and take control of the hold. She dropped an elbow on the back of Adagio’s neck, then brought a knee up to her nose. When Adagio’s neck snapped up, Sunset grabbed her around the neck and dropped to her knees, thrusting her right shoulder into the back of Adagio’s neck. As soon as she did, Sunset clutched her shoulder in pain.

“Shoulder neckbreaker from The Demon, though she looks like she might be regretting that decision,” said Discord. “I don’t care what she says, that shoulder is not at 100%”

Adagio pushed herself to her feet, massaging her neck gingerly. She quickly dropped an elbow onto Sunset’s injured shoulder, then targeted the injured area with dropping knee strikes. Adagio stepped on Sunset’s shoulder, applying her full weight to her opponent. She raised her hands, grinning sadistically at the howls of pain from the woman beneath her. She stepped off of Sunset, then dropped down for the pin.

One! Two!

Sunset brought her good shoulder up, unable to make her way to her feet at the current moment. Adagio brought Sunset to her feet, grabbing her by the wrist and elbowing the injured shoulder. She twisted Sunset’s arm, then rammed Sunset’s shoulder with her own.

“Regardless of how you feel about about her ethics, you cannot deny Adagio Dazzle’s ring-smarts,” said Discord. “She is laser-focused on that shoulder of Sunset Shimmer’s, which is certainly the intelligent thing to do. It’s hard to kick out of a pin when your shoulder doesn’t work.”

“I don’t think there’s much of anything that can stop Sunset Shimmer,” said Celestia as Adagio clasped her hand firmly against Sunset’s shoulder, wrenching pressure on her opponent. “Sunset won’t let anything stop her from taking those tag team championships.”

Applejack slammed her hands against the mat, urging her partner to somehow fight free of the hold. She locked eyes with Sunset, continuously slapping the ground and filling Sunset, herself, and the entire arena with a fiery energy. Encouraged by the crowd’s cheers, Sunset stomped her foot, slowly forcing her way up. She grabbed Adagio around the top of the head and dropped to her butt, ramming her head into Adagio’s jaw.

“And Sunset back in this fight with a jawbreaker,” called Celestia. “Quick cover from Sunset, even quicker kick out from Adagio Dazzle, now both women back to their feet and trying to find a way to best the other.”

Sunset clutched her injured shoulder, clearly doubting herself. She was starting to think that she was too quick to come back from surgery. She should have rested more.

She glanced once at her partner, remembering her promise, then pushed the pain out of her mind. She had to win this match, and she wasn't about to let a bit of shoulder pain stop her.

Adagio ran at Sunset, missing as she ducked under the incoming clothesline. Sunset laid in with quick jabs to the midsection, followed by a stiff roundhouse to the back of the head. Adagio dropped to her knees, which gave Sunset the opening she needed. She ran to the ropes, stopping in her tracks when she saw Aria standing on the apron, waiting for her. Sunset turned around to focus on Adagio and walked directly into a fierce clothesline.

Applejack grabbed Aria by the ankles, pulling her down to the ground. Immediately, Applejack began shouting at Aria.

“Stay where you can't screw up the match!” yelled Applejack. “This fight is between them, so butt out!”

“Why don't you make me, farmgirl?” sneered Aria.

“I'm about to lay you out in a second!”

“Guys, come on,” said Sonata, approaching Applejack from behind. “Just let them go at it in the ring, we can—”

Aria ran forward and launched a Superkick forward, aiming for Applejack’s jaw. Applejack managed to sidestep the kick, which found a home on Sonata’s face. She hit the ground, laying flat on her back.

“You idiot!” shouted Adagio. She grabbed the rope, leaning her top half over to properly yell at her partner. “You're supposed to hit the cowgirl, not Sonata! Why must you ruin everything!”

Suddenly, Adagio felt a hand grab her tights. Before she could react, Sunset yanked her down and rolled her onto her back, pinning her shoulders to the mat.

“Schoolboy pin!” shouted Celestia.

One! Two! Three!

Sunset leapt to her feet, punching the sky as the bell rang and declared her the victor. She rolled out of the ring, jumping into Applejack’s arms excitedly. Adagio scurried to her feet, not entirely sure what had happened.

“Sunset Shimmer, with a sneaky pin, stole a win right from underneath Adagio Dazzle’s nose!” said Discord. “She won it, thanks in part to Aria Blaze, as strange as that may be!”

Applejack carried Sunset around the ring, both of them pumping their fists in the air and celebrating with the crowd. Sunset dropped to her feet, grinning madly. Applejack grabbed her wrist and raised her hand above her head, pointing the victor of the match. Meanwhile, Adagio rolled out of the ring to argue with Aria. As the two went back and forth, Sonata slowly worked her way up to diffuse the situation.

“The Dazzlings better start singing the same tune if they want to hold on to those championships,” said Celestia. “Otherwise, Sunset and Applejack will surely take them.”

“That title match is next week, on Monday Night Magic,” said Discord. “Until then, EWF Universe, this has been Celestia Regal and Discord Redrum, wishing you a good night!”

Author's Note:

This is a bit of an experimental story to see if a text-based wrestling show could ever realistically work. This story has been a massive undertaking, so I'd appreciate if you told me what you thought of the idea.

Special thanks to Disel Delta and Prince Conjure, without whom, this story would never have escaped the confines of my brain.

See you on Friday!