• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 2,347 Views, 79 Comments

Equestria Wrestling Federation - chillbook1



The most exciting displays of professional wrestling prowess in all of Equestria!

  • ...
2
 79
 2,347

Monday Night Magic V

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night Magic! The most jaw-dropping part of your monday night!” said Celestia. As usual, the natural electric energy of the sport which she had the privilege of announcing filled her body and voice. “As always, I am Celestia Regal, joined by Discord Redrum!”

“Hold on to your hats, ladies and gents, because we have a non-stop night of pure electric excitement coming your way!” called Discord. “Starting now with some singles competition!”

With the light hum of a harp resounding through the arena, a wave of boos accompanying it, a single woman walked onto the ramp down. Her smile and arms wide open as she twirled about, soaking in the crowd reaction heartily. Alongside her was a visibly annoyed Bon-Bon who slumped along behind her.

“This contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Ponyville, weighing in at 186 pounds, accompanied by Bon-Bon, LYRA HEARTSTRINGS!”

She happily skipped to the ring, slid in under the ropes and began waiting lazily. Bon-Bon took a spot at the apron, carefully eyeing her partner.

“A surprise to see Lyra engaging in some singles competition here tonight. Even stranger that Bon-Bon is out here supporting her so-called partner after what happened last time these two met in the ring,” said Celestia. “What’s your take on this, Discord?”

“I think those two need more than a few matches to get themselves together,” said Discord. “If they’re sticking to this whole partnership thing, and Trixie Lulamoon doesn’t seem to be giving them much of a choice, they’ll need to put in a whole lot more effort than they are right now.”

We walk alone, through the unknown. We live to claim another victory…

The arena erupted in cheers as three peppy girls flooded into the arena, bouncing around and amping up the crowd as they approached the ring. Lyra rolled her eyes as they approached and Bon-Bon clapped for them as well.

“And her opponent, from Appleloosa, weighing in at 137 pounds, accompanied by Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, Applebloom!” She quickly made her way to the ring, jumping up to the apron in one quick jump before slipping through the second rope. She jumped around, stretching her neck and glared at Lyra, who simply gave her a smug smirk back.

“With the bell, we’re off,” said Celestia. The two circled each other for a moment, Lyra never dropping her grin, and barely putting up a guard. “Lyra seems to be taking a much less aggressive approach in this matchup.”

“Of course she is,” said Discord. “Her opponent is another rookie, and she’s probably getting tired of playing babysitter.”

Lyra pointed at her opponent, turning to the crowd. She pressed her palms together then laid her cheek against it, a loud laugh coming from her as she did so. Applebloom took the opportunity and dashed at her, throwing out a wild kick and missing entirely.

“A swing and a miss,” said Celestia. “I think Lyra better get her head in the game or one of those just might hit her.” Applebloom tried again, missed, but this time with Lyra shoving her away after the fact. The crowd’s boos began resounding. She waved her hands, asking for them to amp it up. Bon-Bon shook her head but did nothing.

“This is just an embarrassing show for Applebloom, here,” said Discord. “She can’t even hit her. How does she expect to win this matchup?”

“Don’t be so hasty,” countered Celestia. “Pride always goes before the fall, after all.”

Applebloom, clearly fed up with her opponent's antics stormed up to her, pushing her back a couple of feet with a shove. Lyra, still smiling shoved her back, clearly with more force. She stumbled back and onto the ropes, before dashing at her opponent again. Instead of dodging, Lyra caught her mid-dash, tossing her opponent up into the air before receiving a swift dropkick to the head. She tumbled to the mat, then rolled out onto the arena floor.

“Lyra, employing her tried and true strategy. If you beat your opponent in the mind, beating them in the ring will be no problem.”

“You can call it a strategy all you want, Discord,” said Celestia. “The rest of us will call it cowardice.”

Applebloom got to her feet, watching her opponent circle her outside the ring. Bon-Bon was clearly not impressed.

1!

2!

Lyra stopped near the ramp, shaking her head and laughing at her opponent once more. Applebloom wasted no time, ran straight towards her opponent, vaulting over the third rope and throwing herself onto her. Lyra caught her in her arms, tossing the rookie over her shoulder, then running her back first into a steel post outside the ring.

“Aha! And that’s the strategy, Celestia. Make them get impatient, and take advantage. No foul play needed!” The former champion began stomping Applebloom’s back, mercilessly going after her spine with boot after boot. She stopped to entice the crowd and the other two crusaders who could do nothing but watch.

5!

6!

7!

Lyra slid both her opponent and herself into the ring before 8 counts. She grabbed at her hair, before bending her down and positioning her head between her legs. She lifted the groggy Applebloom up into a jacknife position, spinning her around for effect.

“Lyra, going for a quick win with Hands Down!” said Celestia. “Can Applebloom recover?”

Applebloom wiggled around a bit, sliding down Lyra’s back before delivering a lighting quick kick to the back of her knee. Lyra buckled, and dropped down, allowing Applebloom to continue delivering kicks to her back, much to the crowd’s pleasure. She ran to the opposite ropes before delivering a heavy dropkick to the back of Lyra’s head, pressing her body down on the mat.

“A series of kicks by Applebloom getting her out of a risky situation.” Applebloom picked her opponent up, delivering a swift and strong forearm strike to the chin. She continued with this until Lyra was guarding in the corner, cowering from the blows.

The referee began counting, with Applebloom giving up early. Lyra’s grin returned as she pulled her feet up and back, delivering a strong kick to her chest, sending her backward and careening into the unsuspecting ref, making both of them tumble to the ground.

“Another one of Lyra’s ‘accidents’ making both her opponent and the official tumble to the ground,” said Celestia. “And this is a setup we’ve all seen before, about to work on another opponent!”

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If this is what wins her matches, it what she’ll use,” said Discord. “No problem with that.”

Scootaloo ran towards Lyra as she was leaving the ring, catching a swift forearm to the face to knock her down. Sweetie Belle went down just as fast. The boos of the crowd reached a peak when she began fishing for a chair, then slid it into the ring.

Bon-Bon began shouting at her partner, her face red with rage. Lyra simply ignored her partner, rolling into the ring with Bon-Bon behind her. She went to pick up the chair, but it slipped from her grasp, instead being held on to by her partner outside the ring. She turned, and lost her smile, instead gritting her teeth in annoyance.

“What in the hell is Bon-Bon doing?” asked Discord. “She’s throwing the match away for her partner!”

“She’s pleading with her to fight with a bit more respect,” said Celestia. “Maybe that will stop the crowd from booing her.”

“The crowd be damned! As long as the wins are there, you don’t need to worry about the crowd!”

Lyra was ready to jump back out and fight for the chair back when a hand snaked up her thigh and pulled her down to the mat with a thud. Applebloom quickly bridged herself, using her hands to pin down the shoulders of the distracted Lyra. The referee wasn’t completely recovered, but he saw the pin attempt.

“Applebloom recovered and going for the roll-up victory!”

One! Two! Three!

Applebloom slipped out of the ring, stumbling up the ramp with the other two crusaders in tow. She smiled and raised her fist at the cheering crowd.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the winner is Applebloom!”

“Unbelievable! Bon-Bon absolutely stole that victory away from her!” shouted Discord. “If she had just kept to herself, Lyra would’ve had this win in the bag easy.”

“Maybe Lyra will learn a message from this,” said Celestia. “Bon-Bon isn’t going to let her get away with her antics while she’s there. Either adapt or lose.”

“The only thing Lyra learned is that Bon-Bon is her enemy,” said Discord. “Always has been, always will be.”

“Hopefully, that isn’t the case. We'll have to see how that plays out later. For their sake, I hope they get their act together, lest they invoke Trixie's wrath!”

“Next up, we've got ourselves another massacre in the making!” said Discord, giddy from the prospect of the coming match. “The gargantuan Tirek Crimson versus local talent, Peach Cobbler!”

“That's next, on Monday Night Magic!”


Ember Torch stood in the training room, eyes closed and ready to begin her routine. She took in a sharp breath and went right into her flow, shadowboxing and perfecting her striking. She was laser focused on her work, and she'd have to be if she wanted to claim a win for Team Sovereignty, and a win was a must in order to climb back to the top. She barely managed to complete a single string before a whistle stole her attention away.

“Ember Torch, it's been a long, long time.”

The former Nationals Champion scowled at the interruption, glancing over her shoulder to see who was stupid enough to bother her. As it turned out, Spike Emerald, wearing his trademark confident smirk and flanked by Big Mac to his left. Ember rolled her eyes, then went right back to shadowboxing.

“Small world, huh?” said Spike, undeterred by Ember’s visible annoyance (if he even noticed it at all). “Can’t believe we haven’t bumped into each other until now.”

“Do I know you?” asked Ember, hoping that would be enough to send this pest on his way.

“Spike Emerald.”

“Uh-huh.”

“The Future of the EWF?”

“Right.”

“The Brave and Glorious?”

“Mh-hm.”

“We, uh… We ran the Gauntlet of Fire together?” tried Spike, his pace finally starting to slow. “Come on, you remember me. We trained at the same wrestling school for like two years.”

“Right… And how’d you place on the Gauntlet?” asked Ember.

“Well, uh… I… I didn’t place.” Spike scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. “Actually, uh… You kinda broke my ankle in the first round. I was the DNF.”

“Right. So that explains why I don’t remember you.” Ember paused her motions just long enough to give Spike a vicious glare. “I’ve got a bad memory for losers.”

“This is coming from the chick who dropped the Nationals Championship in her first defense.”

Ember stopped her training and immediately turned to Spike, beaming raw contempt. She took a step towards him as if to attack, stopping only one Mac took a step forward himself. Spike blocked him with his arm, waving him back a bit.

“If you wrestled as well as you ran your mouth, maybe you would’ve had a Nationals Championship to lose,” growled Ember. “And, if you actually saw that match, you’d know that it was Pie who got pinned, not me. Not that I blame you for missing that detail. It must be hard to see the TV when your head is that far up your own ass!”

“Wow, I touch a nerve or something?” Spike smirked that confident smirk, as if he could diffuse the situation with a few choice words. “Lighten up, Torch, I’m just ribbing ya. You can’t be so sensitive if you’re gonna make it far in this business.”

“You are an absolute idiot, you know that?” Mac took another step forward and, again, Spike waved him away. “And your bodyguard or whatever behind you don’t look too bright either. Looks to me like his IQ is the same as your number of wins.”

“Say another word and—” Mac began to speak, just for Spike to slide in and interrupt, as he was known to do.

“Say another word about my man Mac over here and you might have to answer to me,” he said. Ember had to fight to keep in her derisive laughter, smirking a vile, venomous smirk at Spike.

“I’m not doing anything tonight, and I can’t think of anything I’d like to do more than make you tap out,” said Ember. She turned for the door, huffing to herself as she made her way out of the room. “If you’ve got balls half as big as your mouth, I’ll see you in the ring.”

Spike watched Ember leave with a grin, cracking his knuckles and popping his neck to prepare for the match. Mac surveyed him with a cocked brow, more than a bit confused by what had just transpired. Spike knew better than anyone that Mac could handle himself, so it was odd that he kept keeping him away from challenging Ember.

“I coulda taken her,” said Mac, his deep, low voice rumbling. Spike just grinned again, firmly patting Mac on the chest.

“Thank me later, big guy. I’ve got a match to get ready for.


The sound of a cannon blast rang through the arena, bringing with it a marching drum beat and the absolutely terrifying figure of Tirek Crimson. He stomped to the ring, seemingly shaking the very arena with each booming step towards the ring. His opponent for the night, a small, terrified girl called Peach Cobbler stood in the ring, waiting anxiously for her match.

“I want to know who this poor girl pissed off to get put in this match,” remarked Discord as Tirek climbed over the top rope and stepped into the ring. “This is inhumane.”

“We don’t see eye to eye on most things, Discord, but I can agree with you on that,” sighed Celestia. “This feels less like a wrestling match and more like a crime scene.”

The bell rang, and Tirek wasted no time in rushing forward and mowing down his opponent. Peach hit the mat, only for Tirek’s massive hands to wrap around her neck and pull her to her feet. Before she could even think about catching her breath, Tirek grabbed her around the neck, one hand on the waistband of her tights, and threw her across the ring, slamming her back into the corner.

“Jesus Christ, what a biel!” called Discord. “If he threw that poor girl any further, she’d cross state lines!”

“This is hard to watch…” said Celestia.

Tirek pawed the ground with his boot like an angry bull before charging forward and throwing himself into the corner, smashing every single pound of his nearly quarter-ton frame into Peach’s body. He roared in his opponents face before delivering heavy, clubbing, open-handed strikes to Peach’s chest.

“Tirek with paws like a kodiak bear, nearly caving in Cobbler’s chest with those frying pan hands of his,” said Discord. “And using every second of his five count to do so.”

The referee tried to separate Tirek from Peach, and, when that failed, began his count. When he reached four, Tirek broke away from Peach, turning to the ref and giving him a bellowing, earth-shaking roar. The official backed away in fear, stumbling over himself and dropping on his rear to the mat.

Tirek grabbed Peach around the collar and peeled her off of the turnbuckle. He dragged her to the middle of the ring and launched her into the air, catching her on his shoulder and slamming Peach’s body into the ground.

“I think I just saw Peach Cobbler’s soul leave her body,” said Discord with a grim sort of amusement in his voice. “And, in my expert opinion, I think this one is all over but the shouting.”

Tirek huffed angrily before dropping down and pressing down on Peach’s body for the pin. The referee, still on the ground from Tirek’s shout, simply slid into position and counted.

One! Two! Three!

“The winner of this match, TIREK CRIMSON!”

“We really need to enact some sort of mercy rule in the EWF,” said Celestia. “That wasn’t a fair contest, that was a massacre!” Tirek grabbed Peach by the hair, dragging her to her feet slowly. “And it doesn’t seem to be over yet! Someone get Crimson out of here, he’s going to kill the girl!”

Tirek yanked Peach’s mostly unconscious body up and popped her up much like he had before. He caught her again and turned on his heel for extra momentum before he slammed her down to the mat, her body bouncing from the impact before landing on her back, entirely still.

“Count it again!” shouted Tirek. The referee hesitated, confused, only for Tirek to grab him by the throat and shout again. “Count it again!”

The referee wasn’t sure what to do, but he knew he wanted to avoid Tirek’s wrath, and so he dropped down to count when Tirek pinned Peach a second time.

One! Two! Three!

Tirek let out a roar, his booming voice very nearly drowning out the sea of boos from the EWF universe. If he noticed the fans’ displeasure, the giant Tirek Crimson didn't show it. He let out an angry snort before clambering over the top rope and furiously stomping up the ramp and to the backstage area.


Ember Torch wrapped her wrists with her tape, preparing herself for her coming match. She was beyond confident, but she didn't let that interfere with her focus. If she ever wanted to reclaim her prize, she couldn't afford to be sloppy, even for a single night.

“What in God's name are you thinking?”

Ember snarled slightly, but kept her eyes closed as she wrapped her wrists. Even still, she could hear Starlight Glimmer's footsteps as she entered the locker room. Ember slowly opened her eyes, her gaze falling on the Nationals Championship resting idly in Starlight’s shoulder.

“What?” Ember cracked her knuckles, taking her eyes off of the title, the title she still believed to be hers, and looked her fellow member of Sovereignty in the eyes.

“We have 2 weeks until the biggest match of our careers,” said Starlight. “And you're wrestling. What if you get hurt?”

“It's Spike. I'm more likely to hurt myself putting on my boots.” Ember stood up, flexing her wrist in preparation. “I'll be fine.”

“Trixie said—”

“And what if I don't care what Trixie said, huh?” snapped Ember. “What do you think this is, Glimmer? Just because we tagged against Pie doesn't make us best buddies. I'm not in Sovereignty for Trixie, and I'm damn sure not doing it for you.” Ember stepped towards Starlight, jabbing a finger at the title she held. “I'm doing it for this. Cause you better believe, the moment Sparkle is out of this company, Trixie is going to owe me a favor. And I want my title back.”

“Read the nameplate, Torch. What's it say?” Starlight didn't back down. If anything, she rose to Ember's challenge. “I won that match. I beat you fair and square.”

“You beat Pie. You wouldn't last ten minutes as champion in a one on one match with me, and you know it.”

“We have a problem here?” Starlight and Ember broke from their standoff to meet with their sudden company. Adagio Dazzle entered, wearing both halves of The Dazzlings’ tag team championships, one over each shoulder. She looked exhausted and irate in equal measure.

“What do you want, Dazzle?” asked Starlight.

“It's not what I want. It's what Trixie wants,” said Adagio. “And what Trixie wants is to see you both as soon as possible.”

“What for?”

“Trixie thinks she's found a replacement for my idiot partner who jumped to Sparkle's team. She needs to speak with you lot about it.”

“Where's your other idiot partner?” asked Ember.

“She's going to fetch him. No one else wants to do it.” Adagio pinched the bridge of her nose, beyond stressed with the events that were currently transpiring. “Just make sure you see Trixie when you've got a moment. She insists.” She turned for the door, pausing a moment to give her uneasy business associates a cautious glance. “Look, I get that you two have some sort of custody dispute over the Nationals Championship, but it would do everyone a world of good if you two could play nice for three more weeks. Then you two can rip each other to shreds all you want, I truly can't be bothered. But for now, just be professional, please.”

“Professional. Yeah, I can do that.” Ember turned back to Starlight, her eyes lingering once again on the Nationals Championship. “I'll see Lulamoon in about five minutes. This match won't take long.


The classy, regal piano theme of The Sovereignty floated into the arena, bringing with it a cascade of boos. The former champion didn't let this deter her, walking to the ring with a stone-faced focus.

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, The Badlands, weighing in at 132 pounds, The Dragon Lord, EMBER TORCH!”

Ember slid into the ring, running the ropes and testing the tension as she waited for her sorry excuse for an opponent to show his face.

“Ladies and gentlemen, if you would, please turn your attention to me!”

Spike's voice almost drowned out his own theme music, the Future of the EWF never afraid to make his presence known. He strolled out, microphone in hand and accompanied by his partner Big Mac.

“Now, for those of you who haven’t had to pleasure of meeting me, allow me to introduce myself!” said Spike, strolling confidently down to the ring. “From the Badlands, weighing in at 199 pounds, I am The Future of the EWF, The Brave, The Glorious SPIKE EMERALD!”

The crowd showered Spike with cheers, his confident smirk and quick talking winning over a large portion of the EWF universe despite his rather lackluster win-loss record. Spike didn't seem to notice his lack of wins, instead choosing to focus on the cheers and encouragement from the crowd.

“Ember, Ember, Ember.” Spike shook his head as he spoke, as if disappointed with his opponent. “You gave me a heart attack with that music. I thought I was about to have to beat up my boss, and that's not good for business! Don't you have your own theme or something? Don't tell me Trixie took it from you when you dropped the Nationals championship!”

Ember snarled at her opponents as Spike rolled into the ring, with Mac standing guard on the apron. Spike Emerald paced the length of the ring, giving his opponent a quick glance before continuing.

“Will you lighten up? C'mon, obviously I know you're a damn fine competitor,” said Spike. “Even if you lost the belt in your first defense… You know what, that doesn't matter, let's not talk about that! Let's talk about right here, right now. Let's talk about me and you, the history between us! How far we've come, huh? I remember when we were both just starting out in the Badlands, running the Gauntlet of Fire! Now I'm helping to reshape the entire EWF by ending Trixie's reign of terror and you, you're… Well, damn, I promised I wouldn't talk about how you lost your title in your first defense, shouldn't mention that… Well, you're doing big things too, I'm sure.”

Spike grinned as the arena filled with laughter, both at his little insult and at how viscerally upset he was making the former Nationals Champion. Ember could barely contain her fury, all but frothing at the mouth to get her hands on Spike.

“Listen, Em, I like you, and I've got a lot of respect for you,” Spike continued. “So, and I mean this, I genuinely hope that you get a chance to win back your Nationals Championship… Which you lost in your first defense.” He flashed Ember a smile. “Alright, I'm done, let's do this!”

Spike tossed his microphone out of the ring and called for the bell, circling the ring in preparation for the match. Ember glared forward, letting out an angry snort before putting her hands up.

The bell rang, and Ember Torch ran forward, delivering a stiff superkick to Spike's jaw. His head snapped back as he fell to the mat, followed by Ember diving for the pin.

One! Two!

Spike kicked out, powering out of the pin and working to his feet. He barely managed to reclaim a vertical base before Torch was on him, locking up in a collar-elbow tie up. She quickly transitioned to a rear waistlock, then a full nelson, before snapping back and driving Spike into the mat.

“Picture perfect Dragon Suplex from the Dragon Lord!” called Discord. “I said it before and I'll say it again: Spike Emerald is an absolute buffoon! Why would anyone want to incite the wrath of someone like the Dragon Lord?!”

“While I can't say I agree with the strategy, I don't know if it's fair to call Spike Emerald stupid,” said Celestia. “I think he just so happens to be a bit too confident for his own good. I have no doubt that he has talent, he just needs to focus himself on winning matches.”

Spike scrambled up, ducking under an incoming kick from Torch. He clutched the leg and boosted the former champion up onto his shoulders. The crowd cheered in surprise as he spun on the spot, slamming Torch down with a sit down powerbomb.

“That's right, baby!” Spike leapt up, punching the sky. “That's why I'm the Future!”

“Impressive powerbomb from Spike Emerald, however, I don't know if this posturing is a wise idea,” said Celestia. Sure enough, Torch didn't stay down, quickly making her way to her feet. She turned Spike around and introduced a stiff boot to the gut, wrapping her arm around his neck and planting him with a vicious spike DDT.

Spike rolled to his feet sluggishly, much to Ember's surprise and annoyance. His grin never left his face, simply gesturing for more. Torch was more than happy to supply him with that punishment; she rushed the rookie and slapped a rising knee strike across Spike's jaw, dropping down for the pin.

One! Two!

Once again, Spike kicked out, sitting upright. He had a dazed look in his eye, his head swimming from Ember's vicious knee. Ember looked down at her opponent, shaking her head in disgust. She grabbed Spike by the wrist, intent on pulling him to his feet for another devastating strike.

Spike held onto Ember's wrist, sliding between her legs and yanking in her arm. Ember tripped over her own arm, falling flat on her face. This time, Spike stood on his opponent, sliding over and bringing a series of stiff knees to her ribs.

“Interesting strategy from Spike Emerald here, focusing the midsection of the former champion,” said Celestia. “What can you tell us about this sort of offense, Discord?”

“When you work the body like that, you're taking the breath out of your opponent. Makes it next to impossible to breathe. When you can't breathe, you can't run, dodge, punch, kick, anything. It's such an intelligent move that I can only assume Spike Emerald did it by accident!”

As if to prove Discord wrong, Spike continued with his focused approach; He wrapped his arm under Torch's, pulling back and driving his other elbow into Torch's ribs. He wrenched down in his modified abdominal stretch, grinding into Torch in hopes of getting a submission victory out of the Dragon Lord.

Ember Torch pushed herself to her hands and knees, rolling forward and breaking free. She snarled as both she and her opponent made it to their feet. Before Spike could do so much as take a step on Ember's direction, she introduced a big boot to his midsection, doubling The Future over in pain. Ember wrapped her arm around Spike's neck, then Spike's arm over her own; she hoisted Spike straight up in a vertical suplex position before falling straight down and driving Spike's head into the mat.

“By god, what a Brainbuster from the former champion!” called Discord. “The way I see it, Ember Torch could pin him right now and put this thing away!”

Ember stood over Spike's body, watching as the loudmouth twitched on the floor. Just as she went for the pin, Spike pushed himself to his hands and feet, grabbing at Ember's kneepads to keep him up. Ember grabbed a fistful of Spike's hair, holding his head up. Spike chuckled, a delirious grin plastered across his face.

“You lost… the title…” coughed Spike. “In your first defense.”

Even Big Mac at ringside seemed to regret Spike's words for him. Ember's lip twitched before she viciously introduced kneestrike after kneestrike to Spike's face. She seemed intent on breaking Spike's nose, and she might have succeeded if not for the referee pulling her away to ensure Spike could continue.

“Do you see what I mean? That boy fell from the Idiot Tree and hit every branch on the way down,” said Discord. “Here he is, completely at Ember Torch’s mercy, and he runs his mouth to piss her off! It's almost like he wants his face caved in!”

“I… As much as it pains me to do so, I have to admit,” sighed Celestia sheepishly. “You may have a point…”

Spike Emerald nodded to the referee, beckoning for more. Torch shook her head before fiercely swinging her leg into Spike's chest. She followed her kick with another, and another, and another, before winding her leg back and sending one last shot for the head.

Spike ducked under the incoming kick, reaching his arm up and dragged Ember down in a shocking schoolboy rollup.

One! Two!

Ember kicked out, rushing to her feet before Spike could even get to his one knee. She ran forward, using Spike's knee as a platform to step up and plant a knee directly on the side of Spike's head. When he whipped back, Ember slid behind him and wrapped her arm over his throat. She cranked back, driving her knee into the back of Spike Emerald.

“Bloodstone Dragon Sleeper! That's it, it's all over now!” Discord seemed very excited to see Spike in such a precarious spot. “All over but the crying!”

Spike struggled in the hold, his hand just inches away from submitting. But, as Ember cranked her hold in even deeper, Spike clenched his fist and raised it high above his head.

“Very interesting move from Ember Torch,” said Discord, leaning in to examine the situation further. “The Bloodstone Dragon Sleeper is, typically speaking, a blood choke, meant to compress the carotid artery. The constricts blood flow, and can result in a knockout within seconds. But, if you look closely, you can see that her technique is a bit different than usual.”

“Different in what way?” asked Celestia.

“Look a little closer, you can see that she almost has it in as a sort of inverted chinlock, locked beneath the chin rather than around the neck. She's cranking on Spike's neck moreso than choking him out.” Discord cackled sinisterly as Spike continued to toil in the hold. “Ember Torch doesn't want Spike to pass out. She wants him to hurt!

“Tap out! Just give up!” Ember screeched in Spike's ear, demanding a submission. Spike had other plans, instead flailing and fighting his way towards the ropes. Torch tried her hardest to anchor down and keep him in place, but it was to no avail. Spike wiggled and squirmed until he could kick his foot forward and hook his toe on the bottom rope.

“And Spike Emerald with the rope break, Ember Torch has to release or face disqualification,” said Celestia. Ember did just that, dropping Spike and backing away and giving him room to breathe. “You can dislike Spike all you want, but you have to admire his tenacity. Many competitors would've surely tapped to that maneuver.”

“Where you see tenacity, I see a man too stupid to know when he's been beat.”

Spike slowly worked his way back to his feet, much to Ember's irritation. She was throwing nearly everything she had at him, and he kept asking for more. She snorted before kicking our Spike's legs from under him, dropping him to his knees for a quick trio of knees to the face, finally ending with a roundhouse kick right on the ear of Spike Emerald. With her opponent on his back, Ember dropped down and hooked both legs for the pin.

One! Two!

Some way, somehow, Spike Emerald kicked out, pushing Ember off of him to catch his breath. Torch sat in disbelief, watching as Spike once again rose to his feet. She looked up at him from the mat, shaking her head.

“Just stay down, dumbass,” said Torch. Spike checked his lip for blood before turning his head to spit the bit of red away from his opponent.

“If I'm gonna go out, I'm going out on my shield. So if I can't beat you, you better beat me,” said Spike. “So finish me off, you coward. Unless you need to ask Lulamoon for permission first.”

Ember stared blankly at her opponent, as if he was a puzzle she was having trouble figuring out. She had Spike dead to rights, and not only was he still standing, he was defiant. It was bizarre, and Ember was trying her hardest to work out how to put an end to it.

Ember quickly scissored her legs around Spike's foot and twisted on the ground, tripping him to the mat with a drop toe-hold. Almost before Spike hit the ground, Torch was up, planting her feet on either side of Spike's knees and hooking his ankle around her shins. She grabbed Spike's wrists, pulling them back and holding them like a horse's reins. She rocked back and forth before falling flat on her back and pulling.

“Would you look at that surfboard! Fantastic maneuver there, just stretching Spike Emerald out!” called Discord. Ember used Spike's arms to pull herself up, then wrapped her arm over Spike's throat and cranked back as hard as she could. “And into the Bloodstone Dragon Sleeper! What a move! And she’s got it locked in as usual this time, really constricting the blood flow. That, and the stretch of the surfboard, makes this the most lethal variation of Ember's finisher we've seen to date!”

Spike fought valiantly, trying with all of his might to escape. Slowly but surely fading from consciousness. He refused to submit, even as his body went limp in Ember's arms. The referee raised Spike's hand over his head and dropped it. When it remained limo, the official had no choice but to call for the bell.

“Spike Emerald is unable to continue. As a result, your winner by knock-out, The Dragon Lord, EMBER TORCH!”

The Dragon Lord released her grip on Spike, dropping his unconscious body to the mat. She sat up, staring at her victim with a small smirk. She stood up with her hand held high, turning to face the approaching Big Mac. She looked the giant man up and down, glancing to his partner on the ground.

“Your friend ain't too smart, is he?” said Torch. Mac shrugged, nodding slightly. “But he's pretty tough. Tell him that when he wakes up, will ya?”

And, with that, Ember rolled out of the ring and headed up the ramp. Big Mac watched her walk away before reaching down to grab Spike by the tights and heft him over his shoulder. He carried the unconscious body of his partner out of the ring and up the ramp to hopefully wake him up soon.

“Very classy move by Ember Torch, giving her opponent his fair due,” said Celestia. “Spike may not have beaten Ember, but he pushed her to her limit in a way I don’t think she was expecting.”

“A rare miscalculation on the Dragon Lord’s part, to underestimate her opponent. That said, Ember Torch learns from her mistakes,” said Discord. “She will not give anyone less than her full might after that match, and that makes me incredibly grateful that I’m on this side of the desk.”

“And that’s all for tonight! Tune in Friday for what is sure to be an incredible match between The Nightmare, Luna Regal, and her challenger, The Crown Jewel, Diamond Tiara, with the future of the Intercontinental Championship hanging in the balance!”

“Good night!”


Spike groaned as he sat up, clutching his head gingerly. He felt something cold and damp drop in his lap, and ice pack that had been dropped by his partner. Spike looked up to Big Mac, grinning as he pressed the ice pack to the back of his neck.

“Thanks, bud,” he said.

“I coulda taken her,” said Mac.

“Yeah, I know. But we gotta keep you fresh for Nightmare Night. Besides, I just gave you a front row seat to the best that Torch has to offer. “ Spike chuckled, immediately wincing in pain. “Ah, damn that hurt… Anyway, you saw what she’s got. Now you know what’s coming.”

“Eeyup.” Mac slowly nodded, a small smile forming on his face. Spike almost always had a plan, for better or for worse, and it seemed that this was all a part of his plan from the beginning. It appeared Spike Emerald was more clever than anyone gave him credit for. “Not bad thinkin’.”

“Ah, thank me later, Mac. Let’s get out of here. We’ve got more research to do.”

Comments ( 6 )

Don't worry about it. It was lots of fun while it lasted. Thanks for the good times :)

I've finally read up to this story's unfortunate cancellation and it was such a damn fine read for what you put out! Bittersweet that it had end the way it did. If you had the spark to continue for a bit longer, Nightmare Night could've been the sendoff.

10236212
Sorry it had to end like this, but if you look at the word count on some of these chapters I'm sure you can see why I had to pull the plug.

Maybe one day if I have an inordinate amount of free space in my schedule, I'll get us up to Nightmare Night. I agree, it would've been nice to go out on that, but it just wasn't doable.

10243517
When that time comes, I'll definitely get hooked into it!

Your story partially made me think up some thought process of my own actually. But I haven't really gotten far other than general ideas.

Do we wear wrestling singlets during wrestling?

Do we wear wrestling singlets during wrestling?

Login or register to comment