• Published 4th Aug 2017
  • 388 Views, 6 Comments

A Day with Her Brother - Creativa-Artly01



When Shining invites Twilight to the Canterlot Comic Con, she happily agrees.

  • ...
 6
 388

Chapter 4

The next day, Shining jumps out of bed once he hears a knock on his hotel room door. He opens the door to find Rusted Gold.

"What's up?" exclaims Shining.

"You ready to go for breakfast before day three of con starts?" asks Rusted Gold. Shining nods and the two head out for breakfast.

A half hour later, there's another knock on the door of Shining's hotel room. This time, Twilight answers the door and it's Rainbow Dash and Spike.

"You ready to go for breakfast before day three starts?" says Rainbow excitedly.

"Sure," replies Twilight. The three head out the door and to breakfast.

At breakfast at High Ho Biscuits, Twilight, Rainbow, and Spike talk over muffins and biscuits. "So, tomorrow is the final day, too bad," sighs Rainbow.

"I can very much agree to that," sighs Twilight.

"Same here," adds Spike. "But isn't the Daring Do Con in three weeks?"

"Yeah, but three weeks is such a long time," complains Rainbow. Twilight and Spike just giggle.

Meanwhile at Mocha and Latte Sisters' Coffee House, Shining and Rusted Gold laugh over old times.

"Oh, oh, oh, remember your first day as captain, when you lost your helmet, it was hilarious," laughs Rusted Gold.

"It sure was, I was so upset, so annoyed, now, when I look back, all I can do is laugh," replies Shining with a laugh.

Meanwhile back at the convention center, the con workers start setting up the day's three panels before the con goers pour into the hall in a few hours. They are definitely all relieved, they're glad they have one day left, unlike the con goers.

Two hours later, Shining and Rusted Gold arrive at the convention center and a half hour after them, Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow arrive. The five meet up and head into the first panel of the day. This one they're all especially excited about because it's the author Q&A panel today.

In the panel, the authors introduce themselves.

"Hello to our fans!" hollers Ink Blot Sanders. "Welcome to the panel! Let us introduce ourselves, then you can ask us whatever you want within limits of coarse. I'm Ink Blot Sanders, the creator of the Masked Crusader and the Dark Blood comics."

"I'm Patterson Dody, I'm the genius behind the Daring Do comic series with proper backing from Ms. Do herself."

"I'm Angel Cospole, creator of Cospony Life Magazine and The Glamor Mares comics."

"I'm Hexton Polar, creator of Power Ponies comics and The Mane-iac Files."

"Come on, ask us whatever you dare?" encourages Ink Blot Sanders.

Shining is the first to ask them a question, an excited spunk in his voice. "Who is your favorite character to write?"

"My favorite character to write from Masked Crusader is the Masked Crusader and my favorite to write from Dark Blood is Samson," says Ink Blot. "Who wants to share next?"

"I'll go," says Patterson Dody, "my favorite character to write for the Daring Do comic is Ahuizotl. He's the best villain the series has and my personal favorite in general."

"My favorite Glamor Mare comic character to write is Melody Jade, the fashionista of the group," says Angel Cospole with a smile.

"My favorite characters to write are definitely Saddle Rager and Fillisecond," says Hexton Polar.

Another pony goes on to ask a question. It's a stallion with a bright blue coat and a yellow mane named Day Star. "Which villain would win in a fight: Mane-iac or Grim from Dark Blood?"

"Grim for sure," says Ink Blot confidently.

"Well, I can't argue that, sadly," sighs Hexton.

"Ahuizotl would beat both of them combined easily," says Patterson, his ego inflating slightly. The three then argue it out for a few minutes before finally agreeing that in hindsight Grim would actually beat both Ahuizotl and Mane-iac combined.

The next person to ask a question is Rainbow Dash. "What's your favorite Daring Do book to take inspiration from?" she inquires.

"For sure, Daring Do and the Sapphire Statue, it's my personal favorite and inspires several of my comics, especially my early ones," replies Patterson.

"Who is your favorite villain to write to face Daring?" asks Twilight.

"My favorite villain to write to face Daring Do," replies Patterson, "is Dr. Caballeron. He's such a fascinating character with so much untapped potential to work with."

A young filly at the front named Bright Eyes then takes the opportunity to ask the most random question of the panel. "If your characters were turned into dragons, what would they look like?" This stumps all the authors and they don't know what to tell her.

"Well," stutter the writers before speaking, "we'd probably make them sky dragons with the colors of the ponies they are based on." This satisfies Bright Eyes.

"I hope to see that as a comic someday," says Bright Eyes.

"If more ponies want that as well, then maybe we'll all make dragon comics, won't we?" says Ink Blot. The rest nod in agreement. They all rather like the idea of turning their ponies into dragons including Cospole, which the rest of the writers truly took with shock and a heavy dose of surprise.

The panel continues for another hour and a half before finally coming to an end. Everypony then leaves the room and goes off to grab lunch in the dining hall. Once they have their meals, Shining, Rusted Gold, Rainbow, Spike, and Twilight, go and sit down at a table on the far side of the room. The five then begin to talk, crack jokes, tell stories, and laugh for two hours before heading into the second panel along with everypony else. This panel is one featuring AK Yearling and Patterson, which has both Twilight and Rainbow freaking out big time.

At the panel, Rainbow and Twilight sit at the front quietly as they listen to AK Yearling and Patterson talk back and forth as well as answer their questions. Meanwhile in the back stand Shining, Rusted Gold, and Spike. They're only in here because Twilight and Rainbow dragged them along. Once they see that the girls are too busy asking questions, the three slip out and begin playing Ogres and Oubliettes in the hallway as the girls enjoy the panel.

In the panel, Rainbow finally takes her chance to ask a question very eagerly. "AK, do you read the comics Patterson writes about your characters?"

"No, I've never been one for comics myself, but my characters are definitely perfect for the medium," replies AK with a smile.

The panel runs for two more hours before finally coming to an end. Once it does, Twilight and Rainbow get all their Daring Do merchandise they bought and the Daring Do shirts they're wearing signed by both Patterson and AK. The two are thrilled. They then walk out to join the boys with smiles spread across their faces.

"I take it you enjoyed yourself," says Shining to Twilight with a smile.

"Don't you know it? AK is my favorite author after all!" replies Twilight. The five then walk off to look around and interact with others before the third panel at 7:00 PM that night.