• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 518 Views, 3 Comments

Canterlot High: After School - reading is magic



Join a trio of Canterlot High students talk about the aftermath of each Equestria Girls movies!

  • ...
 3
 518

Friendship Games

In front of Canterlot High.

Book Worm sat beside Candy who was tapping on her smartphone as usual. The two sat on a bench across the road from the school. Book Worm watched Sunset and her friends hanging out in front of the horse statue. They even laid out a picnic cloth.

“Hey, how come we never hang out like that?” Book Worm asked without looking away from Sunset and her friends.

“Hang out like what?” Candy looked up from her phone then back to it. “Because there’s just three of us and laying out picnic cloth and just laying around isn’t really a good time for three people.”

“I don’t get it,” Book Worm said. “How come we never get together with more people or something? I mean look at them!” Book Worm gestured to them. “They’re really diverse set of people. Rarity a fashionista, Rainbow Dash’s a jock, Pinkie Pie is uh… Well, something. Fluttershy’s a conservatist and Applejack’s just straight up a country girl!”

“What are you saying? You want more friends?” Candy tapped on her smartphone.

“I don’t know.” Book Worm shrugged. “Maybe I thought we could’ve had more people to talk to instead of just the three of us.”

“We’re plenty diverse, don’t worry,” Candy reassured as she tapped on her phone.

“I don’t think three people can be that diverse.” Book Worm turned his head to look at Candy.

“You’re a nerd, Champ’s a bi weirdo, and I’m a fashionista.”

Book Worm just stared at Candy.

“What?” Candy asked, looking at Book Worm only by turning her eyes.

“How come you don't hang out with the fashionistas?” Book Worm wondered.

“Because fashion, Book Worm.” Candy went back to her smartphone, tapping.

“Wait what?”

“Book Worm,” Candy said without looking away from her smartphone. “When you're a fashionista, talking with other fashionistas means you share fashion ideas.”

“And how is that a problem?”

“I don't want to share mine.” Candy lowered her phone and faced Book Worm. “Once you share your ideas, it's no longer original. It becomes public domain; anyone can pick it up.”

“Isn't that the point of fashion? Giving ideas on clothing, what looks good and what's not?”

Candy stopped tapping and turned her head to look at Book Worm with a bored face.

“You haven't seen a fashion show, haven't you?”

“No?”

“When you see one, tell me your definition of fashion again,” Candy smiled and went back to her smartphone.

“Okay?” Book Worm said slowly, looking at Candy with uncertainty.

Candy returned to her smartphone while Book Worm looked back at the girls across the street.

“Hey guys!” Champagne called out as she moved towards them with her skateboard and stopped next to them. “Sorry ‘bout that, detention’s a bother.”

“Why the hell are you in detention?” Book Worm hissed.

“Look what she's riding, Book Worm,” Candy hinted.

“You skated inside the school?” Book Worm looked at Champagne with a skeptic look.

“Well, it’s a long story. Anyways!” Champagne sat in between Book Worm and Candy. “Yesterday! Friendship Games.”

“What about it?” Book Worm wondered.

“Seriously? We're not gonna talk about all the crazy things that just happened?” Champagne looked at Book Worm and Candy incredulously.

“It's not like I can,” Candy said, tapping on her smartphone.

“No. Don't tell me you missed the Friendship Games too?” Champagne complained.

“Eeyup.”

“Oh come on!” Champagne roared, raising her hands and waving them furiously. “How many times are you gonna miss world-crushing events?!”

Candy just shrugged.

“It's not like people aren't uploading videos of it online,” Candy said.

“Can you believe this girl?” Champagne asked Book Worm.

“After the Battle of the Bands? Yeah.”

“Unbelievable.” Champagne folded her arms, puffing her cheeks.

Champagne then noticed Sunset Shimmer and her friends across the street.

“Oh hey, Twilight’s there!” Champagne then poked Book Worm with her elbow. “Makes the scenery better, eh B.W.?”

“Yeah.” Book Worm droned.

“Whoa, you actually agreed with me.” Champagne’s eyes widened.

“I know you're gonna make fun of me liking Twilight, so I might as well.”

“Ah, now you're keeping up.”

“Keeping up with what?”

“With me, duh.” Champagne smiled and lightly punched Book Worm’s shoulder.

“Sure.” Book Worm smiled back and rubbed his shoulder.

“So Twilight was actually from here? Was everything she said from the Fall Formal just her crazy talk?” Champagne observed the group across the street.

“I guess? She seems different from what we saw during the Battle of the Bands.” Book Worm said as he looked back at the group across the street.

“That’s not the Twilight from the Battle of the Bands.” Candy blurted out.

“What?” The other two said in unison, looking at Candy incredulously.

“Can’t you tell?” Candy asked, still not looking back at them.

“How can you tell?” Book Worm asked.

“Look at her,” Candy said. “Her hair on her sides is curly and she always kept her hair in a bun.”

“Which is a good look on her,” Book Worm commented, to which Champagne rolled her eyes at.

“Her school uniform’s also another indicator,” Candy continued. “Back then, Twilight also wore something that looked like a school uniform, but for her to appear now with an actual uniform?
You’ll be saying that she cuts classes, but that’s not how she is. The Twilight we’re seeing now is probably from our dimension while the Rainbow Beam Princess is from the other dimension
we heard about. I would tell you my thoughts on her uniform, but that’s for another time.”

The other two looked at Twilight across the street. Indeed, they noticed the points Candy said.

“I’m not sure if you’re a student here or a detective undercover.” Champagne raised an eyebrow.

“Pretty sure we have one of those at Canterlot High,” Candy said as she tapped on her smartphone.

“Is that a joke or a real conspiracy inside our school?” Book Worm wondered, scratching the back of his head.

“I think it’s real.” Candy answered.

“Geez, you two are being weird today!” Champagne giggled. “Book Worm keeping up and Candy talking about a conspiracy!”

“Maybe I got infected by your conspiracy virus,” Candy joked, smiling.

“Go Wondercolts!” Champagne cheered. “The only magical school team! And probably has the weirdest students ever!”

“That means you think of us as weird.” Book Worm countered.

“Duh.” Champagne rolled her eyes.

“If we’re weird, I think the Shadowbolts got problems. Like serious ones.” Book Worm pointed. “Competitive to the point of losing is a not a possibility for them. To think think their principal asked us to forfeit.”

“Why must the hot ones be crazy?” Champagne complained. “I mean, the Shadowbolts were total hotties! Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare; total works of art!”

“I guess?” Book Worm tried which was who. “I think you can count Twilight as a Shadowbolt too. Former. Wait, how did you even remember their names?”

“I remember all of the hotties I’ve seen,” Champagne bragged, puffing her chest. “It’s quite useful remembering when I’m ranking them.”

“You rank them?” Candy raised an eyebrow.

“Eeyup. Wanna know who's number one?”

“Not really,” Candy replied.

“Okay!” Champagne began counting with her fingers. “Sunset Shimmer is currently number one. I mean look at her! Also she’s really nice and actually sings like an angel. Did I mention she also drives motorcycles? Not to mention, she dresses amazingly.”

“I can agree to that,” Candy nodded. “Does that mean everyone at school is on the list?”

“Well, yeah. Everyone’s in the list, even Principal Celestia.”

“What.” Book Worm blurted out.

“Tall women are hot too,” Champagne nodded. “Though Principal Celestia has a higher rank than Vice Principal.”

“I can’t imagine them in the top ten though,” Candy commented.

“They’re in top thirty, at least.”

“Where do the Shadowbolts come in, then?” Book Worm wondered.

“Top twenty.”

“Huh.”

“But if we’re gonna pick who’s number one among Shadowbolts, it’s Sugarcoat.” Champagne rubbed her chin with her thumb.

“I do like her unique ponytail,” Candy commented. “It’s quite baffling how she gets that done.”

“Change topic.” Book Worm rubbed his temples. “We’re really just gonna talk about Champagne’s preference and how she ranks them?”

“Like we have anything else interesting to talk about,” Champagne said.

“Um, I don’t know; the actual Friendship Games?”

“Oh yeah.”

“Twilight really stole the show, huh,” Candy said, still tapping on her smartphone.

“Don’t tell me; ‘she looked hot’.” Book Worm quipped at Champagne.

“She looked—” Champagne said then made a sour face. “Yeah. But hey, she does! Her outfit looks amazing and her wings; oh my god, she has wings! I kinda wished I touched her wings. They looked different from the Princess Twilight.”

“Yep, still thinking about that while the world could’ve merged with another.” Book Worm sighed. “I mean, hey, they turned the whole field at the back of the school into motocross track with skating tracks and even archery gallery but what really caught your attention was Twilight’s demonic rampage!”

“Speaking of other worlds,” Champagne rubbed her chin with her thumb. “I think I saw a pony in one of the portals Twilight made.”

“A pony?” Candy repeated, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah! It was this cute pony with a cowboy hat!” Champagne said excitedly. “It was so cute! It even had a blonde mane and tail!”

“They’re called stetson hats,” Book Worm corrected.

“I had the strangest feeling that I have seen that pony somewhere before though.”

“Wouldn’t it be funny if that pony thought like ‘Look at that weird human’?” Candy joked then stopped tapping and placed her smartphone on her purse. “Why do buses take so long to arrive?” Candy complained as she looked at Sunset and her friends.

“Beats me,” Book Worm replied.

Not long after, a person emerged from the base of the statue Sunset and her friends were at. It was Twilight, making there two Twilights at the same time. As Candy said, the Twilight from the statue wore the same outfit from the Battle of the Bands and before Fall Formal.

“Did you guys just see that?” Book Worm muttered as his mouth hangs open.

“Eeyup,” Champagne confirmed, also her mouth hanging open.

“I knew it,” Candy smiled crossing her arms. “Oh, the Twilight from here wears glasses. How could I have forgotten that?”


Cue the ending music.