• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 518 Views, 3 Comments

Canterlot High: After School - reading is magic



Join a trio of Canterlot High students talk about the aftermath of each Equestria Girls movies!

  • ...
 3
 518

Rainbow Rocks

Canterlot High Cafeteria.

It was Monday, one weekend after the Battle of the Bands and everyone was still in awe of what happened last week. Murmurs and mutterings were filled with topics of The Dazzlings being giant sea demons, while some argued who won the said competition as they all munched on fruit bowls and sandwiches.

“That was the worst Battle of the Bands I’ve ever saw in my life.” Champagne took a big bite of her hamburger, sitting on a seat.

“What?” Book Worm said as he just got close to their table, holding his tray. “You are talking crazy again.”

“I mean, there are no clear winners, The Dazzlings screwed up the competition, and the world was at risk once again.”

Book Worm sat across Champagne and laid his tray on the table.

“Yeah, but you gotta love the amazing music that came out of it.” Book Worm then took a sip from his fizzy apple cider. “Besides, you complaining about world end is so ironic.”

“And why would that be?”

“Last time there was magic spectacle you were looking at demon Sunset Shimmer and thought ‘well that looks hot’.”

Champagne only raised an eyebrow at Book Worm’s statement.

“Hey guys,” Candy greeted and sat next to Champagne, tapping on her smartphone. “What did I miss?”

“Nothing much,” Champagne said. “Just the Battle of The Bands. What do you think?”

“I don’t know,” Candy shrugged.

“Wait wait wait.” Book Worm waved his hands. “You can’t tell me you missed the Battle of The Bands. We didn’t have to go to class or anything.”

“Yeah.” Champagne agreed.

“Well, I’m not a band person and live bands make my ears hurt so there.” Candy continued to tap on her smartphone.

The two looked at Candy with knitted eyebrows.

“What?” Candy said after she looked up from her smartphone.

“You know what? I don’t care who won the darn thing,” Champagne said then took another bite on her burger. “What matter are The Dazzlings and they are the hotties of the month.”

“Not this again,” Book Worm muttered.

“I wasn’t sure who would be top among the three of them, but I’d put Adagio on first ever since I saw her dance here at the cafeteria. Shake those hips, baby!” Champagne shook her shoulders.

“Adagio wasn’t the only one dancing, you know.” Book Worm unwrapped his sandwich as he pointed out.

“Duh, but Adagio has this… this… Uh, look, she swings those hips like no one else could, okay?”

“Sure.” Book Worm took a bite on his sandwich. “I just don’t think Adagio’s the best one.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna take a guess and say you think it’s Aria Blaze.”

“Who?” Candy asked, raising an eyebrow without looking away from her phone.

“The purple one with twin tails. Punk outfit.”

“Ah. Unique color combination, actually love her outfit. Not a bad taste.”

“You remember people by their outfits?” Book Worm asked.

“More or less.” Candy didn't move her eyes from her smartphone.

“And why would you think I picked Aria of the three?” Book Worm faced Champagne.

“Because you always looked at her when they danced here at the cafeteria?”

“No I wasn’t.”

“What’s with you and purple girls?” Champagne wondered.

“Maybe he has punk fetish.” Candy suggested. “Or purple fetish, I don’t know.”

“I do not have a fetish,” Book Worm stated with a serious face.

“Speaking of purple, Twilight came back, all of a sudden,” Champagne said, dismissing Book Worm.

“Magic problem, duh,” Book Worm retorted.

“Yeah. Too bad Flash was being a dick to her.”

“That asshole’s gonna get it.” Book Worm knitted his eyebrows, taking a big bite off his sandwich.

“Ooooh, is that anger I hear?”

“Hey, Twilight deserves better.”

“Still,” Candy interjected. “I wonder who would win Book Worm’s heart: purple smart or purple punk?”

“Now we’re asking the real questions!” Champagne raised her hand. “Give it here!”

Candy gave Champagne her high five without looking away from her phone.

“Are you serious?” Book Worm muttered, looking with dislike.

“Very.” Champagne folded her arms. “So who’s it gonna be? Smarts or Punk?”

“Well, purple smart has the advantage here,” Candy commented. “I mean, she’s a heroine of this school, princess of an alternate dimension, and is also a nerd like Book Worm.”

“Well said, Candy.” Champagne nodded. “On the other hand, Aria is sexy, sings like a diva and most likely will give you the best girlfriend experience.”

“The best… girlfriend experience?” Book Worm repeated, unsure of what he had just heard.

“B.W., who’s likely going to do girlfriend stuff?” Champagne placed her hands on her hips. “Twilight’s going to bring you to museums, libraries and will likely blush just by holding hands. Aria, on the other hand, will likely be into public kisses, holding hands and real fun times.”

“You’re basing Aria’s actions on her looks alone.”

“Hey, it’s not like we got anything else out of her.” Candy said without looking away from her phone.

“Fair point.” Book Worm took another sip on his drink.

“Seriously though, what’s with you and purple girls?” Champagne finished her hamburger. “It’s like a weird fetish.”

“It’s not a fetish, and I don’t have preference with purple girls. They just happen to be purple. At least I don’t look at people who literally are demons and think they’re hot.”

“Speaking of Sunset Shimmer,” Champagne said after shooting her burger wrap into the trash bin. “Remember when she sang during the finals? That was so sexy. I kinda expected her to grow wings though.”

“Still getting turned on with wings?”

“Eh, not really. It’s a plus on a person, though.”

“I guess Sunset’s basically one of the good guys now? Kinda hard to believe she would shift so quickly.” Book Worm imitated Champagne’s shot, but missed the bin much to his dismay.

“Maybe the Rainbow Beam brainwashed her,” Champagne suggested.

“If that’s true, then Twilight’s no better,” Candy added, to which Champagne nodded. “There’s a reason criminals have the right to an attorney.”

“Can we just stop talking about this?” Book Worm begged as he covered his face with his hand.

“But you still haven't decided who’s the best purple,” Champagne pointed.

“Change topic!” Book Worm screeched, his face now covered with both of his hands.

“Vinyl’s car was amazing,” Candy commented, still tapping on her smartphone. “Didn't know she was rich.”

“Oh yeah!” Champagne agreed. “Wait, I thought you didn't saw the finals?”

“What? She drove her car into the stage or something?”

“Even better; her car transformed in a giant loudspeakers!” Champagne said, gesturing the huge size of said car/loudspeakers and making Transformers sounds.

Candy looked at Champagne with disdain.

“I’m pretty sure you're just exaggerating.”

“No, it happened!” Champagne pleaded. “Right, B.W.?”

“B.W.? I wonder who you're talking to.” Book Worn picked up his drink, and looked away from Champagne’s gaze.

“Book Worm!” Champagne stomped, her fists at her side.

“Champ’s not lying,” Book Worm said nonchalantly to which Champagne flipped him her middle finger. “Which reminds me of that giant unicorn that blasted a Rainbow Beam to The Dazzlings.

“That was awesome!” Champagne pointed.

“I know, right? I wasn't sure what the hell that was, but it sure was quite a sight.” Book Worm agreed.

“Still could be the principals’ ploy for a higher enrollment rate, you know.” Champagne opened a pack of pretzels. “And this time they got Vinyl Scratch in on it.”

“Where would they get money for something like a rainbow-spewing unicorn? I don't think projectors could do something like that.” Book Worm took a pretzel from Champagne who offered.

“I dunno.” Champagne tossed a pretzel in air and caught it in her mouth.

“You know… We always make fun of Book Worm’s preference over girls,” Candy said, looking up from her smartphone but still tapped. “But if you really think about, you two make a good couple.”

“Excuse me?” Book Worm said, looking at Candy with knitted eyebrows.

“Ha! Wouldn't you be lucky if that did happen, B.W.?” Champagne slapped her knee. “Good one, Candy.”

“I’m not kidding.”

Book Worm and Champagne looked at each other.

“Not in a million years.” Champagne popped another pretzel into her mouth.

“It's not like you're dating anyone,” Candy said, looking at Champagne as she tapped on her phone.

“That's because I take my time picking my partner,” Champagne pointed. “Besides, B.W.’s not a hottie.”

“You say that as if that makes a good argument.” Candy lowered her phone. “I’ve yet to see you talk to any of the ‘hotties’ you mentioned.”

“W-well…” Champagne stuttered.

“Yeah, you always talk smack about hotties and whatnot and I haven't seen you talk to any of them.” Book Worm wondered.

“It's actually hard, okay?!” Champagne slammed her fist into the table. “I just like talking about pretty boys and girls but I've never found the courage to talk to any of them.” Champagne gestured obscurely. “It's like they got this aura that makes it so hard to even approach them! Like as if they're demigods or something.”

“I… know what you mean.” Book Worm admitted. “I couldn't even look at Twilight whenever she looks at my direction.”

“Yeah, that!” Champagne agreed.

“Common ground.” Candy said. “See, you two are already a couple in the making.”

“No,” the two said in unison.

Candy looked back at the two who were now looking at her with disdain.

“Give it time,” she muttered to herself.

The bell rang and the students all over the cafeteria began to move in unison, eager not to be late in class.

“Right,” Champagne said, standing up. “Back to darn mathematics. I swear, I’ll never get it.”

“I could tutor you,” Book Worm said as he stood up. “What kind of problems are you having?”

“Oh yeah, you can teach me!” Champagne walked next to Book Worm. “Candy, you coming?”

“I’ll just finish up here,” Candy said, tapping on her phone.

“Suit yourself,” Book Worm said as he walked beside Champagne who complained about her failing grades.

Candy watched the two from her seat as they walked further from her. She saw them laughing whatever it was they were talking about. From that distance, she took a photo of the two smiling together. Looking at the photo, she smiled to herself.

“Give it some time.”


Cue the ending music.