• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 413 Views, 14 Comments

Dark Petals - Marie Rivers



A story about lose and how one pony deals with it.

  • ...
 14
 413

Chapter 3

"Flutter why have you given up on me!? I did nothing but love you!" A dead slightly burned and starting to decompose Night yelled at Petals. The background was dark and foggy. Petals backed away scared as she whimpered "I haven't given up on you! I will always love you but you are dead! There is no coming back from the dead! I love you! You are the only pony I will ever love! Please Darkie don't do this to me please!" Petals kept backing up as the dream Night came towards her trying to get a kiss when the dream ended.

Petals flew up in the air yelling out loudly as she woke up "NOO!" Petals then landed on the bed and cried into her wife's pillow. She sobbed for the better part of the day. After she finished crying she forced herself to get up and shower. After her shower she made her way into the kitchen then started making hayburgers for herself and Star.

Star came running into the house and let out a happy squeal "Me and Auntie Sugar spent all day making candy and helping Auntie Cupcake decorate cakes!" Star ran over and threw her forelegs around Petals' neck and giggled happily. She then ran to her room to go color.

Petals chuckled and shook her head at the young filly before going back to what she was doing. She finished making the hayburgers and fries. She sighed softly as she put the plates on the table and called "Star dinner is ready!"

Star came running with a picture in her mouth and took it over to Petals and grinned. It was a rough drawing of Petals, Night, Star, Cupcake, and Sugar. They all looked like a great big happy family. Petals took the picture and looked at it fighting back the tears saying "Thank you Star sweetheart. Want to keep it in your room?" Petals looked down at her and smiled in a motherly way.

Star shook her head no before saying "The fridge? So that Auntie Cupcake and Sugar can see it whenever they come over?" Star looked hopeful and excited.

Petals hesitated then she nodded and kissed her head saying "We will put it on the fridge. Now sit down and eat."

Star grinned broadly and then sat down getting ready to eat. Petals put the drawing on the fridge before sitting next to her daughter and put her wing around her. She then started to eat, as if on cue Star started to eat as well. She took a drink of the water Petals had placed there for her.

Petals chuckled and watched her daughter. After they had both finished Petals got up and went to the living room and sat on the couch. Star trotted after her and got on the couch snuggling into Petals. Petals then started to read a story to Star.

Star looked up at Petals then said "Mommy?"

Petals looked down at her "Yes my little Star?"

"Can you tell me a story about you an mamma?" Star asked eagerly. She looked hopeful and excited. Petals hesitated then nodded

"It was when not long after we had met. We were only about your age at the time..."

"Hey! Pink fur! What are you doing here! You are a blank flank and a Pegasus. This party is only for earth ponies and unicorns with their cutie mark!" A tough looking green unicorn filly with a light blue mane and toothbrush with toothpaste on it for a cutie mark yelled at Petals. Petals shrunk down being about as shy as Fluttershy at the time. She appeared to be scared.

Just then a dark colored unicorn stepped forward and said "Hey what you think your'e doing! This here Pegasus here is my friend. Not to mention i am a blank flank as well Minty Breath." The dark unicorn mare turned to show her blank flank.

Petals looked up at the slightly taller unicorn shyly. Minty frowned and then turned away ignoring the two. The dark unicorn filly turned to her and said cheerfully "Hi there! I am Black Night but you can call me Night!".

Petals looked down and stuttered shyly "I a-am Fluttering P-Petals." She shuffled her hooves and shyly looked at Night.

Night seemed to be grinning like a fool as she said "Hi Flutter! Nice to meet you! Hey would you like to maybe get out of here and away from Minty?" Petals nodded eagerly.

After that they took off with Night running and Petals flying at top speed. They ended up joining Night's best friend Gusty Bluegrass in a small fort that Night and Bluegrass had built together with the help of Gusty's dad. They ended up spending all their time in that fort and the three of them became fast friends.

Petals smiled as she finished the story remembering that day. She sighed softly then looked down at Star who had cuddled closer to her and fallen asleep. Petals smiled and carefully lifted the filly up and flew her into her room and laid her in her bed. Petals tucked her in and kissed the top of her head "I love you my little Star."

As Petals left the room a sleepy voice called out "I love you too Mommy." Star almost immediately fell back asleep.

Petals chuckled softly as she flew to her room. Once again she stopped at the door. She sighed and then flew up and grabbed her stash of Sweet Apple Cider. She closed her eyes and within 30 minutes she had drank enough to become drunk. She looked at a picture of Night and started yelling her words slurred "Why did you leave us! You say you loved us but you left us! You knew what could happen if you tried that spell! You knew you could have died! It wasn't even a spell you needed to know! Why risk leaving me and our daughter! I can't do this without you! You were always the strong one! If I had died you would have been stronger and explained it better! You were always better at this then me! I am not a good mother! I am trying to be but I am not!"

"You are right! You are horrible at this! That is why i used that spell so i can get away from you! I was tired of you always bugging me to do this or do that. I needed to get away from you so much that i used a spell that could get me killed to get away from you!" The picture of Night yelled back at Petals

Petals started to cry and curled up hugging the picture close as she cried drunkenly "Darkie please come back I promise I will be better! I wont complain or bug you please just come back please." That is how Petals spent the rest of the night. She cried hugging a picture of Night to her chest and drank until she passed out.

Author's Note:

Note: Cupcake Sprinkles, and Gutsy Bluegrass are my friend's OCs and i have permission to use the OC just like i have my friend's permission to use the picture she made of Petals and Night. If requested I will share a picture of Cupcake and Sugar. Both with permission from my friend and both will be from when the two are fillies. Minty Breath is my OC you can use her if you ask permission.