• Published 30th Aug 2017
  • 413 Views, 3 Comments

Background - Bubble-Fics



The background ponies show you a different perspective of their own lives in the world we know as MLP.

  • ...
 3
 413

Sweetie Drops vs The P.F.F

(Note that the actual story is set in a time when Bon Bon's Organisation was still in action)

There had been reports of strange mis-happenings such as: unusual snow, unexpected snow fire and multiple other acts involving the winter weather. It was exactly around sunset time in Ponyville, and I secret agent, Sweetie Drops, had situated myself behind a dustbin in a hidden alleyway. It wasn't the best of places to keep undercover, mainly because of the...smell: but I couldn't be picky especially when time was precious. The cold, summer breeze whipped the blue and pink strands of my mane back and fourth but, it did not waver my concentration on the house I was targeting.

"Aren't you being a bit melodramatic, I mean I distinctively remember you told me that this was at night." stated the voice of Lyra Heartstrings, a mint unicorn who was lying on her favourite couch whilst her best friend, Bon Bon, sat by her, narrating the story. Bon Bon just sighed before continuing her dramatic narration once again.

Night had swiftly fallen over our humble town: the stars had illuminated the pitch black sky and the homes of Ponyville glowed in the silent darkness. The door to the house I was looking at, slowly opened, only letting the slightest bit of light out, a silhouette of a young foal became visible to my cerulean eyes: it was a colt. Although, he had worn a navy blue cloak to conceal his identity, his cream hooves stood out in the cold, dull background. Readjusting my position, I could see that the young lad had forest green saddle bags on him, which must have contained some valuable contents: contents that I would need.

Lyra's laugh echoed the fine living room the pair were sitting in. She doubled over in fits of giggles which only seemed to irritate Bon Bon even more.

"Okay, what is it now?" Bon Bon questioned, a little flustered by her friends mocking.

"You sound so much like Batmare"

"Batmare? How do I sound like Batmare?"

"You've got that dark chilly tone plus that serious expression on your face" Lyra pointed her hoof at Bon Bon's face, who only swiped her hoof away with a grunt.

"Fine, but, if you want me to continue my story you'll have to maintain your humour, okay"

"Aww, fine" Lyra sulked, keeping her giggles to herself. Bon Bon coughed, a dramatic cough, before once again continuing without interruptions.

The colt began to make his move into the night obviously making sure to limit the sound he made when, he began to advance around the streets. Unfortunately for him, I was onto his lead: tracking him down like a timber wolf. With caution, I progressed after him, front rolling over to side alleyways, ducking behind objects when he turned to stare back and i quickly snuck myself in the shadows.

After a while, he came to stop in an alleyway, just near the clock tower. From where I was the clock seemed to read five to 11: oh this boy was out way passed his bed time. He was going to get a hell of a talking to when he got home. Sadly, I was too distracted in my own thoughts to realise some pony was watching me from above my hidden position. They seemed to alert the attention of the one who I was following. The colt, ahead of me, looked back at me briefly before giving chase. I cursed under my breath before, I ran after the young fellow.

The boy was definitely quick on his hooves, moving in and out of places faster than I could count but, he wasn't alone on this crafty escape of his. From the corner of my eye, two other silhouettes of young foals were approaching from the rear as well as some fliers who were using parkour over the tops of Ponyville's homes. Taking a quick glance behind, I noticed the pair galloping after me, were wearing the same resembling cloaks from the boy ahead. They were unicorns, using their magic to fire magic bolts at me. Luckily, I was trained for this sort of situation, and was able to dodge, jump and duck their shots but, I too could put on a magic show.

Pulling out a couple smoke bombs from the secured pouch attached to my waist, I dropped them easily behind me, creating a very smoky atmosphere which would be hard to navigate in. Waiting for the right moment, I slowed down my steps to a whisper, watching as the glows of lit unicorn horns came closer from behind. When they were close enough, I grabbed the nearest crate and whacked the confused pair at the back of their heads.

Lyra just gulped in response when Bon Bon said those words, with a look of concern mixed with worry. Bon Bon took noticed of this.

"Oh, don't worry they were fine afterwards, trust me" she stated with no sense of remorse "Though I think they might have suffered some concussions after that, oh well, moving on".

The smoky fog soon cleared, displaying the unconscious pair of unicorns who I soon recognised as Snips and Snails. Sadly, the colt who I was following, had now gone. It wouldn't be too long before the other fliers would catch up with me, so I searched the carrier bags of both Snips and Snails to find a map, that would lead me to a secret location, on the outskirts of Ponyville. Taking it in my grasp, I galloped off towards the marked area.

"Wow, that is some story you've got there of stalking some mysterious kid in the dead of night and knocking out a couple of school kids but, excellent story" Lyra commended her friend before starting to get up from the couch.

"Where do you think you're going?" Lyra spun around to face Bon Bon "The story isn't finished."

"But I thought..."

"Oh no no no no, I tracked down that area and what I found was truly shocking" Bon Bon finally finished her statement whilst Lyra excitedly sat back down on the couch again.

The map led me to what looked like a rundown house on the outskirts of Ponyville. A perfect place to perform a perfect scheme. Looking around I found a birch tree to hide behind just in time to conceal my appearance. Not long afterwards, the colt I saw before appeared from another alleyway. He must have taken a longer route through all the chaos I spawned but, he made it out safely.

"How did you know it was him? I mean it could have been some pony else" Lyra questioned, obviously intrigued in her friend's crazy story.

"Well, because I saw the same exact cream hooves" she finally answered her curious friend "Those cloaks may hide there facial features but, not their hooves".

I watched as he crept over to the old, rickety door and gave it a couple of knocks, in a weird pattern. Yeah, very cheesy and cliche, but it allowed him passage inside that home. Slowly, with caution, I snuck myself around the house trying to find the best spot to bust myself in and halt these crazy plans from happening anymore. I found a ladder attached to the house and swiftly climbed up it, trying my best to remain quiet. Once I got to the roof, I inspected the roof to find a hole big enough for me to peer down and see what was happening. Inside, there must have been around 20 colts and fillies seated in the house, all along the walls was a logo marked P.F.F: I of course had no idea what that meant, but I knew I would soon find out.

Suddenly, a pink female unicorn, with a violet plus lavender mane and tail, walks into the main room but I recognised her...

"Who was it?" Lyra asked on the edge of her seat, biting her hooves in desperation. Bon Bon dramatically paused before opening up her mouth to speak.

"Find out after the break" Bon Bon comedically replied just like they do in every cheesy mystery show, which always pisses everybody off a lot. Right now that was what was happening with Lyra.

"Ugh, no, you can't stop there. You have to tell me who the mare was. Ugh you're not being fair" Lyra began sulking again in her childish tone, of course Bon Bon intervened like any caring friend.

"Don't worry I'll tell you after I get a coffee break. Seriously, I'm falling asleep here" she calmly assured her with a good, old pat on the back as she left to go make coffee.

A short coffee break later...

"Right then, where were we?" Bon Bon began to question, obviously awaiting the answer from Lyra, who was at the brink of her patience.

"You were just about to unveil the identity of the mysterious mare you saw in that abandoned home filled with kids, who are up way past their bed time" Lyra enquired in an intriguing tone.

"Oh right, the mare I saw that night was Sparkler, otherwise known as Amethyst Star" Bon Bon concluded.

Lyra gasped in surprise awaiting the next explanation of Bon Bon's story.

Amethyst stood on a make shift stage of cardboard boxes and other sorts of unidentifiable objects, which were used to support the weight of a pony. She too was wearing her own cloak, resembling the others among her but, she seemed to be wearing blue war paint markings on her face. Her presence emitted silence in the room until she began to speak.

"My fellow pranksters, for many seasons we have stayed in the shadows, watching those who are luckier than us hit the spotlight" The crowd jeered Amethyst on her speech "But we are just as talented and if they don't want us to be seen WE WILL MAKE THEM" They were going mad in there with their chants and screaming, that you would think they would've woken some pony up by now. I need to get a better angle of view, just good enough to probably sneak in a few snaps of my camera.

"Now then, luckily for you bunch we have something new in store that will definitely catch the attention we have been craving for so long, but I'm going to need some encouragement to bring it out" Amethyst finished, which kept igniting the fire within the crowd; then from the crowd, they began chanting which turned from a whisper into an uproar: "PRANKS FOR FUN PRANKS FOR FUN PRANKS FOR FUN PRANKS FOR FUN"

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

"PRANKS FOR FUN PRANKS FOR FUN PRANKS FOR..."

They continued their loud uproar which distracted me at the time because I didn't hear the sound of cracking wood beneath me which served too late as I fell to the floor below me. Fortunately for me some foals broke my fall which helped me out loads. I made sure to thank them later in the hospital along with the others.

"What is it with you and injuring young fillies and colts. You're really beginning to make me worry about you Bon Bon" Lyra asked.

"I don't know. Most of the time it's accidental I promise" Bon Bon casually answered

For a couple moments no pony said anything till the fog of debris vanished then the real fun was about to begin.

"Who is this imposter?" Amethyst questioned the now silent fillies and colts, whose attention was now occupied by the commotion rather than Amethyst, their leader.

I heroically stood up from my crash position to show off my undercover badge to every pony in the room. I wanted them to know that they were dealing with the wrong kind of pony.

"This is Agent Sweetie Drops, of the Anti-Monster Agency and you lot are in a whole heap of trouble"

"Not the way I see it, Drops. My reckoning is that this town will not be vanquished by you or any pony that wishes to stand in my way"

"Well then, it seems we might have to get a little physical"

"I couldn't agree more"

And just like that we started fighting. Of course during the fight many of the young fillies and colts who were with us in the room began to rush out of the door as fast they could to obviously get out of trouble, though some were unfortuate to make it past the front door.

I was punching left, right and centre in all her weak spots but, she was quick and agile like a fox blasting me with all her magic which caught me off guard in some places. Until, she finally managed to use a cheap trick of using debris to knock me off my hooves and to run to a secret door behind the make shift stage.

"You're not getting away that easily, Amethyst. As you broke the law you suffer my wrath" I muttered to myself to help self motivate my spirit before I dashed straight after her.

Through the door I found Amethyst levitated above me performing some sort of spell from what looked like a torn page obviously from a book. She was manoeuvring the clouds in the sky around herself till they began to spin around her in a frenzy before a beam of light pierced the solid ground in front of me.

"Are you good with animals , Drops. Because I've got one hell of a monster for you to deal with" The earth began to rumble from the cracks that had struck the ground, I began to edge away from them "And it sure likes to feast on sweetie drops as a treat". Then, from the ground, a large, furry, white creature with long silvery claws and razor sharp teeth rose with pure ferocity, looking ready to take me on with its beady dark eyes. From what I could figure out was that Amethyst had some sort of strange blue aura that emitted from her body at frequent times which didn't seem to bother her, but it hadn't appeared back in the room so obviously whatever spell she's using now it is requires more effort and more energy.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything but it seems that you're clogged up with your own thoughts so let me offer something to cool you off" Amethyst enquired before she ordered her beast to attack me: I had to come up with a quick plan of action to put her wrong doings to a full stop.

The creature gave chase with all its might as it stampeded towards my direction, but unfortunately for the beast I had some spare fog capsules which I used to confuse both it and Amethyst. The fog would give me a few extra minutes to think of a way to get the torn spell page off Amethyst. The fog soon dissipated revealing the outraged creature who swiped its tail at me sending me a couple metres away. It then used its chilly breath to freeze the bottom half of my body in ice so I was completely stuck.

Amethyst cackled a wicked laugh which surprised me how no pony near by complained about the noise we were making in the middle of the night.

"Finish her off and claim your prize" she sternly ordered and the monster complied, creeping ever so slowly towards my whereabouts savouring the moment but I didn't show an ounce of fear (maybe a little) but not enough to put me off my task. The creature had only been able to freeze the bottom half of me so my top half wasn't completely useless, I knew I would have a couple of chemicals that would help melt this ice or possibly blow me up but it was a chance I was willing to take. The beast approached only a few centimetres away raising its massive paws ready to strike. I threw the two chemicals together causing an explosion which let the monster slide down a couple paces away from me plus quickly melting the ice that kept me trapped. I had my chance so using the beast's tail like a staircase I ran up it with some ease whilst it was blinded by the dust. As I reached the top of its head I shot a tranquillising dart at the back of its neck before jumping at the top of its head like a diver so that i could tackle the surprised Amethyst in the sky. We collided and landed on the ground pretty hard, bruising our bodies and legs but I quickly stirred from my dazed state to move us out of the way of the collapsing monster. Amethyst was too dizzy to notice I had her so called spell in my hand and as her headache subsided a bit she saw me rip the page into pieces right in front of her dazed eyes.

"No what have you done" The blue aura began to vigorously burn around her whole body "My, my powers" The monster soon faded away into nothing whilst Amethyst started to get rather shaky and started to amble towards me "I shall not leave this body until I have claimed your soul" Amethyst remarked in some sort of demonic voice with black eyes as the glowing aura around got more intense.

I was too weak to run and there was barely anything left in my pouch to use as backup. So I just crawled over to the nearest house as Amethyst stalked me. It looked like she had won but in some ironic twisted fate a bottle was smashed onto her head from above.

"Will you guys shut the fuck up seriously its like 3 in the morning for luna's sake" came a rather drunk tired voice which was no other than Berry Punch herself.

I was relieved but Amethyst body began to rise with blue aura hovering in mid air. She began making some really strange noise as her eyes glowed white before a powerful stream of light erupted out of her mouth into the air around me. Then she fell back to the ground. I was shocked but then remembered that 3am is the witching hour. Another bottle smashed behind me though not on my head, I turned around to see that Berry Punch had just witnessed what I had just seen and obviously was shocked beyond words: "What crazy bullshit is this?" she drunkly questioned me.

"And to be honest when I look back on that night I have no clue. Now any questions?" Bon Bon happily said, watching the astonished yet awestruck Lyra just give her a round of applause for her crazy tale. And as the two decided to head for the bed no pony seemed to notice two glowing eyes watching the pair before fleeing away into the dark of the night.

Author's Note:

Please tell me your thoughts on this story and any tips for making it much better for next time or any kind of mistakes which will be beneficial.
I will truly be thankful for that.
More will come soon.