• Published 8th Oct 2020
  • 572 Views, 14 Comments

CMC: The Third Generation - PhoenixTDM



A series of one-shots detailing the adventures of three fillies on a quest to find what makes them special and earn their cutie marks

  • ...
 14
 572

Cinnamon Cake

A month had passed since they met Cheeseball. Each day before school, Sun Ray and Cheeseball would have conversations under the tree and then Fluffball would get jealous of them. Sun Ray definitely didn’t have any feelings towards Cheeseball.

The idea of being his marefriend was very gross, and if she had to have a special somepony, she’d prefer a filly. But, she was only 7 years old.

It was October, and Nightmare Night decorations were everywhere in Ponyville. The trio of fillies were talking in the schoolyard, with Cheeseball standing next to Fluffball, who was undisguised.

“What are you guys going to be for Nightmare Night?” Cheeseball asked.

“We should go as a prince and princess! You can be my knight in shining armor,” Fluffball replied. Cheeseball blushed and Jany said, “Awwwww!!!”

“Wait, what about my dad? He would be suspicious...” Cheeseball frowned. Fluffball was sad, too.

“Well, what if the three of us go as something matching?” Sun Ray proposed.

“Yeah!” Fluffball and Jany agreed.

“What can we be?” Jany asked. The three fillies thought for a few moments. Fluffball was the first to answer, “What if we go as the Power Ponies?”

“No, there are like 6 of them plus their sidekick. So that wouldn’t work. How about the PowerPuff Fillies?” Jany suggested.

“I don’t like that show. What if we go as the original Cutie Mark Crusaders?” Fluffball prompted.

“I want to be something scary!” Sun Ray protested. The three fillies started arguing, when Cheeseball interrupted, “What if you all just go as what you want to? And Fluffy and I can find a way to go as prince and princess.”

“I want to be Nightmare Moon!” Sun Ray said.

“I’ll be a candy pony and decorate myself with candy!!!” Jany yelled.

Fluffball put her hoof around Cheeseball’s shoulder and said, “We can be prince and princess! And Cheeseball can just pretend to be something else and when he leaves his house, I’ll use my chaos magic to put us in our costumes!”

“That’s a great idea, Fluffy!” Cheeseball complimented.

“Thanks, Cheesy!” Fluffball replied.

“Fluffball and Cheeseball sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Sun Ray teased. Jany giggled, while Fluffball and Cheeseball blushed.

Suddenly, a dark blue pegasus with red eyes and a lime green mohawk walked up to them, holding a stack of pink cards.

“My birthday party is next week on October 23rd! Come to my house for a Nightmare Night themed birthday party!” Lucas said to them. He handed each of the four ponies cards that had the words, “Lucas’ 7th Birthday! Come to 142 Unicorn Street, Ponyville, Equestria on October 23rd for an awesome party!”

“You’re only 6? But we’re in 2nd grade!” Jany replied.

“Says the one who’s 9,” Fluffball retorted.

“I’m turning 7 next week, guys. And also I’m advanced for my age so they put me a year ahead,” Lucas responded.

“Ohh, okay. I’ll be at your party!” Sun Ray replied. Her friends confirmed, too. Lucas smiled and then the bell rang.

At recess that day, Lucas trotted outside towards his best friends, Violet Sparkle and Waterfall Mist, who were sitting down on the ground. Lucas didn’t want to admit it to anypony, but he had small crushes on them.

“Hi, Lucas!” Waterfall said, standing up. Violet stood up and greeted him, too.

“Are you excited for my birthday party? Now I’m finally going to be the same age as you guys!” Lucas said. Waterfall ruffled his mane, “We don’t mind that you’re younger than us!” Violet agreed with Waterfall and Lucas blushed. He was happy to have such great friends.

“By the way, I got my bow cleaned and now you can see the sparkles on it!” Violet exclaimed. Lucas and Waterfall looked at the big bow in the back of Violet’s mane and sure enough, it was sparkly.

“I like it! It makes you look pretty! Although you’re always pretty,” Lucas complimented. Violet blushed at his compliment.

“It puts the sparkle in Violet Sparkle!” Waterfall teased. Lucas and Violet laughed.

“So, what are you guys going to be for Nightmare Night?” Violet asked.

“I’m gonna be a spider!” Lucas replied.

“I’m going to be a witch!” Violet said.

“What about you, Waterfall?” Lucas asked.

“I want to be Daring Do! I LOVE THAT SERIES!!!!” Waterfall yelled.

“Waterfall, I think EVERYPONY loves that series!” Lucas agreed. The three of them all laughed again.

Meanwhile, the cutie mark crusaders and their cheesy friend were all sitting at the tree. The three fillies were discussing ways to get their cutie marks, while Cheeseball was piping in with suggestions.

“What if we get our cutie marks in flying? We can have a race!” Sun Ray yelled, “And maybe I can be a wonderbolt like my grandma Rainbow Dash and grandpa Soarin! They retired as wonderbolts when I was a foal, but I’ve seen really awesome pictures and videos of them!”

“Flying really fast hurts my wings,” Fluffball said, fluttering her bug-like wings.

“Your wings are so cute!” Cheeseball complimented. Fluffball blushed.

“Fluffball, I noticed that for the past month you’ve been in your normal form a lot more instead of your disguise,” Sun Ray pointed out.

“Oh, yeah. Ever since you stood up for me against Cinnamon Apple and then I stood up for you and scared him off, it made me feel more confident in my form, even though he still bullies us,” Fluffball explained. As if on cue, the light brown bully with blue wall-eyes started walking up to them.

“Hey, look, it’s the freaks!” He barked. The four friends glared at Cinnamon and Sun Ray replied, “What do you want?”

“What I want is for you to leave this school! Only normal ponies belong here,” he sneered. Jany cowered down in fear, and Fluffball transformed into her disguise. Cheeseball put his hoof around Fluffball to comfort her, and Sun Ray was offended. She wanted to join in her friends’ fear, but she decided that she had enough of her cousin always bullying them.

“Oh yeah? Says the one with wall-eyes! You can only look at me with one eye! I hope you fall and get a concussion!” Sun Ray retorted. Cinnamon’s ears went down and he became very sad. His eyes started tearing up and he quickly turned around so no one could see, he galloped away.

Sun Ray knew that his eyes were something he was self-conscious about, so she never brought it up before. This seemed like payback for bringing up her dyscalculia a few months back. But now, Sun Ray wasn’t so sure. She felt awful to have said something that hurt another pony’s feelings in that way, even though he always bullied them.

“Wow, that was awesome, Sun Ray!” Jany complimented.

“Yeah! I can’t believe you stood up to him like that!” Fluffball said, transforming back to normal. Sun Ray turned to them and they saw that she wasn’t happy.

“What’s wrong!?” Jany asked, “He got a taste of his own medicine!”

“Well… I feel really bad about it. Even though he’s a bully, it doesn’t give us the right to bully him back,” Sun Ray replied. Fluffball and Jany didn’t look convinced, but Cheeseball did.

“Yeah, I agree. I do think we should stand up to him, but not in a mean way like that. He seemed really sad,” Cheeseball said. Fluffball and Jany now matched Sun Ray’s guilty expression.

“I guess it’s not the right thing to do,” Jany agreed.

“I should go and apologize,” Sun Ray said. She started to walk in the direction that Cinnamon went when she felt a hoof on her shoulder. She looked back and saw Cheeseball smiling at her.

“Do you want us to come with you?” He asked. Sun Ray shook her head, “No, I want to do it myself. He’s my cousin, and I’m the one who yelled at him.” Cheeseball nodded his head in understanding.

“Alright. Good luck, Sun Ray!” He said. Her other friends wished her good luck, too, and Sun Ray continued in the direction of where Cinnamon ran off to.

Sun Ray found Cinnamon sitting down alone, away from everypony else. He appeared to be crying, but trying very hard to hide it.

“Cinnamon?” She said as she approached him. He wiped his tears with his hoof and turned to look at her.

“What do you want?” He snarled.

“I came over to apologize. I’m sorry for saying that. I know how self-conscious you are about your eyes. I shouldn’t have said that,” She apologized. Cinnamon stood up and looked at her suspiciously. He was also pretty confused.

“Why are you apologizing after all I did to you? I deserve it. I’ve been mean to you since the beginning of the school year, and you basically did the same thing that I did to you when I brought up your dyscalculia…” He said.

“Well… Do you want to be friends again?” She held out her hoof. Cinnamon seemed to be seriously considering it. He looked over at Sun Ray’s friends, who looked worried about her.

“Wait… Does that mean I have to be friends with those weirdos?” He asked. Sun Ray narrowed her eyes and put her hoof back down.

“Seriously!? After all that, you still think they’re weirdos!? You’re the weirdo! You’re the one who makes fun of us! And if you don’t think of them as normal ponies, then I’m not going to be your friend!” Sun Ray turned towards her friends and stormed off.

Cinnamon extended his hoof and opened his mouth to say “wait!” but the words never came out. He closed his mouth and turned away.

Sun Ray walked back to her three friends. She explained to them what happened, and they all agreed she was better off without her cousin.

One week later, it was Lucas’ birthday. He was eagerly awaiting the guests, even though there was still an hour before they arrived. There were Nightmare Night decorations in their house, and there were also Nightmare Night themed birthday decorations. Black and orange balloons floated around the house, there was a game of “pin the tail on the black cat”, and there was a birthday cake shaped as a spider.

Lucas stood waiting in front of the door, not caring about the fact that he had to wait for a long time. His older sister, PhoenixTDM, walked up to him.

“Happy birthday, Lucas!” PhoenixTDM said.

“Thanks!” He replied. He kept his eyes glued to the door and didn’t even turn to look at her.

“Why are you staring at the door? You know the guests are coming in an hour, right?” PhoenixTDM asked.

“I’m just so excited for my party! I wonder what presents I’m gonna get! And I’m excited to see my friends, Violet Sparkle and Waterfall Mist,” Lucas explained. He blushed when he said the part about his crushes, but PhoenixTDM didn’t notice.

“Well, there’s no fun in staring at a door for an hour! We should do something to kill time,” PhoenixTDM said.

“Like what?” He asked.

“What if we take turns playing Minecraft on the computer in my room!” PhoenixTDM suggested.

“Yeah!” Lucas replied. The siblings galloped up the stairs to play the game.

An hour later, the doorbell rang. It was Lucas’ turn to play Minecraft on PhoenixTDM’s computer, but as soon as he heard the doorbell, he flew as fast as he could down the stairs. PhoenixTDM shut off her computer and followed him down.

“THEY’RE HERE!!!!” Lucas yelled. He yanked open the door and all his friends were there. Violet Sparkle, Waterfall Mist, Sun Ray, Jany, Fluffball, and Cheeseball. His little cousin, Kaia, was there, too.

“Happy birthday, Lucas!” Violet and Waterfall yelled. They both jumped at him and hugged him. It caught him by surprise, but he hugged them back. His other friends wished him a happy birthday, too, as they walked inside the house.

The party was filled with fun games like skull shaped piñatas and celebrations. Everypony had such a fun time. But at last, it was time for cake and presents.

Lucas sat down at the table and looked at his big spider-shaped cake. It had a lit candle shaped as a 7 sitting on top. Everypony gathered around the table to sing the happy birthday song.

“Make a wish, now!” His mom said, after they all finished singing. Lucas looked down at the candle and thought about his wish. Once he decided, he closed his eyes to make it.

I wish that Violet and Waterfall will like me back. He thought. He opened his eyes and blew out the candle. Everypony cheered and then started to eat the delicious chocolate cake.

After the cake, Lucas’ mom started bringing presents over to the table.

“Present time!” She announced.

“Yay!” Lucas cheered.

“I can help with that!” Jany said. She teleported all the presents from the living room over to the table.

“Thanks!” Lucas’ Mom replied. Lucas started opening presents. He opened the small ones first.

He got a toy robot from Fluffball and Jany, a board game from Cheeseball, a cloud ball game set from Sun Ray, a sparkly pink bowtie from Violet, and a glow in the dark frisbee from Waterfall. At last, it was time to open the biggest present.

“This one is from the whole family,” Lucas’ dad said. Lucas eagerly started tearing apart the Nightmare Night themed wrapping paper. Inside, he found an xbox and a video game!

“OH MY CELESTIA! AN XBOX!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!” Lucas screamed. He ran over to the living room and started setting it up. After a few minutes, he set up the xbox and turned it on. Then he put the game CD into the slot.

An amazing-looking title screen with the words “The Revenge of Nightmare Moon” popped up on the screen.

“Woah, this is so cool!” Lucas exclaimed.

“Oh, look at the time! It’s getting late. You guys should start heading home, now!” Lucas’ mom said to the guests. Everypony started leaving and said their farewells to Lucas.

“Bye, Lucas! Happy birthday!” Violet said. Waterfall was standing next to her and said the same thing. The three friends shared a hug, and then Violet and Waterfall walked out the door.

Lucas turned back to the game and continued playing. His parents let him stay up for the whole night since it was his birthday. He played it until 6am the next morning, beating the game with a highscore on the worldwide leaderboard.

“YES!!! I WON!!!!” Lucas screamed. His screaming woke up his parents and PhoenixTDM, who all came downstairs.

“Have you been playing all night!?” His dad asked.

“Yes, and I WON!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!” Lucas yelled. PhoenixTDM noticed a black mark on his flank. Was that smeared chocolate cake or was it…?

“Is that a cutie mark!?” PhoenixTDM pointed to his flank. Lucas looked to where she was pointing. Sure enough, there was a cutie mark of a black video game controller on it.

“I GOT MY CUTIE MARK!!!” He screamed.

“Yay! I’m so happy for you!” PhoenixTDM said. His parents congratulated him, too.

“Now, you should go to sleep. You stayed up all night! Luckily it’s a Saturday,” His Dad said. Lucas yawned and agreed with him.

“Goodnight,” He yawned again, and fell asleep on the couch.

Author's Note:

I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry that it took so long. I was going to release it last night, but my editor couldn't edit until today.

The next chapter will be about Nightmare Night!

Chapter name meaning: Cinnamon because they got bullied by Cinnamon Apple. Cake because of Lucas' birthday.

Edit:
I am making a comic adaption of this story! Read it here!