• Published 12th Jul 2017
  • 2,075 Views, 14 Comments

Guardian of Legends - Unity - The Hero of Harmony



A Side Story to the Guardian of Legends series. After a young colt fails to save his mother from an illness that took her life, he sets out to become a Guardian to someone he cares for, no matter the cost.

  • ...
1
 14
 2,075

Chapter 12 - A Canterlot Wedding, Part 2


Crystal Mines - Canterlot


Twilight mumbled as she woke up in darkness. She shook her head as her horn emitted a faint glow to make a light. She looks around, feeling very uneasy.

“W-where am I?” Twilight asked herself.

She gets up and starts wandering around, noticing crystals spread throughout the place, including large walls made of crystal. She had no idea where that fake Cadence had sent her, but she knew she needed to get out of there. She heard the echo of laughter... A familiar one.

“Hello? Is anypony there?” She asks aloud.

She walks around before crashing into a crystal wall, seeing her reflection like a mirror.

Elsewhere, Silver wakes up after his little spat with ‘Cadence’. He shakes his head, noticing how dark it was in where he was.

“Okay... Likely underground. The Crystal Mines...? This place looks like it hasn’t seen use in years...” Silver thought aloud.

He gets up, seeing he was in a lit section of the place. He wanders a bit, before stopping and hearing the echo of a sinister laughter.

“It’s her.” He frowned.

His ears then twitched upon hearing a voice call out.

Hello? Is anypony there?

“Twilight...? That’s right, she said she was also down here... I better find her.” He then gallops off down a path, to where he likely heard Twilight.

Back with Twilight, she continued looking around before being surprised by several reflections of the evil Cadence, who just continues to mock her, before finally addressing her.

The caves beneath Canterlot, once home to greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside. And now, your prison.” ‘Cadence mocked.

Twilight started to panic.

“Help! Help!” She yelled.

’Cadence’ looks down at Twilight chuckling at her expense.

”Nopony can hear you down here. And no one will ever think to look for you, either. Most ponies have forgotten that these caves even exist, which is why they are the ideal place to keep the ones who try to interfere with my plans.” She laughed.

“Plans? What plans?” Twilight asked.

The plans I have for your brother, of course.” ‘Cadence replied.

This caused Twilight to get furious, as she charges her horn.

“Don’t you dare do anything to my brother, you... You monster!” She yelled.

’Cadence’ just continues to play innocent with Twilight.

”The only way you can stop me is by catching me!” Her reflection disappeared.

This caused Twilight to fire her magic at the walls, which just bounced around, as the evil Cadence continued playing with her. Eventually, the beam struck one wall that shattered the reflection like a mirror. Inside, was none other than Cadence, sitting in a corner, disheveled and weakened. The moment the wall shattered, she closed her eyes before seeing who it was. Twilight then seizes the opportunity to tackle Cadence, who tried to reason with her to stop what she was doing.

“No! Wait! Ugh! Please! Don’t hurt me!” She said fearfully.

When she looks up, she smiled.

“Twilight! It’s me! Please, you have to believe me. I’ve been imprisoned like you. The Cadence who brought you down here was an imposter.” She explained.

However, Twilight didn’t believe her.

“Likely story!” She said, not phased.

However, Cadence, weakingly, gets up as she does something that causes Twilight to step back, ears drop as her pupils shrink. An old memory surfaced.

“Sunshine... Sunshine, ladybugs awake.” Cadence did the chant.

Twilight then also did the same finishing the chant with her, as Cadence lightly taps her hoof.

”...Clap your hooves and do a little shake...” Twilight finished.

She looks at Cadence as she gave a genuine, but tired smile. Twilight then smiled brightly as she goes and hugs Cadence tightly, nearly to tears.

“Cadence! You remembered me!” She cried.

Cadence gently strokes her back, holding her tight.

“Of course I remember you... How could I forget the filly I love to sit for the most?” She asked.

”Twilight...! Twilight! Where are you?!” Another voice rang out, calling for Twilight.

“Wait... That voice. That sounded like...” Twilight lets go of Cadence as she looks out where Twilight shattered the wall.

“Silver! Silver is that you?! We’re over here!!” Twilight called back.

They heard the sound of hoofsteps, galloping toward them. Eventually, the blond maned stallion looks inside where the two were and smiled.

“Twilight! And Cadence! It’s really you is it?” Silver said rushing over to them.

Cadence looks at the stallion, suddenly remembering that gentle smile.

“...Silver Guardian...? Is that really you?” Cadence asked, her eyes widen.

“Heh, hey. It’s been awhile.” Silver responded with a soft grin.

Twilight then pulls him in for a hug, as Cadence did the same.

“I can’t believe it! You’re here! Where have you been all this time, Silver?” Cadence asked.

“And how did you get here?” Twilight asked.

Suddenly, they hear the laughter of the fake Cadence echo.

“...That answers it.” Silver responded.

“She got you too?! But how??” Twilight asked surprised.

“I told you I was gonna be late for the rehearsal, I just didn’t expect to see ‘Cadence’ surround you with green fire and have you sink into the floor. I engaged combat with her, and well... She got me by luck... Though not before I punched her face.” He smirked.

“What?! You actually struck her with you hoof??” Twilight just looked at him crazy.

“What is with you doing that? You bucked Nightmare Moon, you sucker punched Discord, and here you actually punched that fake in the face?” Twilight questioned.

He shrugs.

“When I did, was hard enough that it broke her disguise.” Silver replied.

“...Disguise?” Twilight asked.

“That imposter... She’s a changeling. They are capable of disguising as different ponies in order to feed on your love. It is why she has been posing as me for the past week...” Cadence replied.

“And I had my own run-ins with some changelings during my time in isolation south, but we can discuss that for another day. Right now, we need to get out here. Today is the wedding, and that fake is going to marry your fiancee if we don’t move. So, let’s go crash a wedding shall we?” Silver said with a smug grin.

They nod as they all began making their way out of the cave, Cadence having spotted a sparkle of light out in the darkness.


Meanwhile, up top, the fake Cadence was in her room, all dressed in her gown. She then picks up a rose from a basket of flowers before setting in her flower crown, looking into the mirror, sinisterly.

This day is going to be perfect
The kind of day of which I’ve dreamed since I was small
Everypony will gather ‘round
Say I look lovely in my gown
What they don’t know is that I have fooled them all!

Back down in the mines, the three ponies were running down one path, while Cadence realizes the dire situation of trying to stop the wedding.

This day was going to be perfect
The kind of day of which I’ve dreamed since I was small
But instead of having cake
With all my friends to celebrate
My wedding bells, they may not ring for me at all…

Twilight and Silver do their best to try to comfort her, and to give her hope and confidence to continue, as they progress onward.

The evil Cadence then bucks a table that had a bowl of apples in them as she continues her aria. She then closes up on one mannequin as she strokes it a bit, before lifting the top hat from it and firing a beam of magic that destroys it, and proceeds to step on the remains, smashing the flower. She then heads to the vanity as she continues.

I could care less about the dress
I won’t partake in any cake
Vows, well I’ll be lying when I say

That through any kind of weather
I’ll want us to be together
The truth is I don’t care for him at all

No I do not love the groom
In my heart there is no room
But I still want him to be all mine

Cadence, Silver and Twilight keep galloping, checking different cave entrances, before finding one that has a minecart that tracks lead downward. The alicorn rushes over to the minecart, not able to push it as there are two large rocks in them.

We must escape before it’s too late
Find a way to save the day
Hope, I’ll be lying if I say

”I don’t fear that I may lose him
To one who wants to use him
Not care for, love, and cherish him each day”

For I oh so love the groom
All my thoughts he does consume
Oh, Shining Armor, I’ll be there very soon!

Twilight, feeling touched about how determined Cadence is to get to Shining, uses her magic to lift the rocks out and lifts Cadence into the cart. Twilight hops in as Silver pushes and leaps in as it coasters down.

The cart comes to a dead-end, as it ends over a large chasm of sharp rocks and crystal. Silver, using quick thinking, holds onto Cadence, as Twilight does the same to brace for the impact. However, unbeknownst to the two, he was able to quietly cast an easy White Magic spell, Float, on Cadence. While she didn’t feel the effects, she was able to carry both Twilight and Silver as they hung onto her while she spreads her wings and soars after the three were launched from the minecart that hit the barrier. Considering the situation, she didn’t seem to question at all how she was able to hold both ponies, despite her added earth pony strength.

As this happens, the doors to the wedding open as the band places the trumpets to announce the fake Cadence’s arrival. All the guest watch in awe as the CMCs, acting as flower girls, hop before the disguised changeling as she walks down the aisle.

Finally the moment has arrived
For me to be one lucky bride

The three manage to reach a landing, while Silver was quick to cast the Float spell again before landing so Cadence wouldn’t feel as weightless as she was when in the air. Feeling how close it was for the moment, the princess was slowly losing her confidence.

Oh, the wedding we won’t make
He’ll end up marrying a fake
Shining Armor will be...

“...mine. All mine.” The fake Cadence said with an evil cackle.


Everyone in the wedding hall all went silent as Celestia begins the ceremony. The fake Cadence just smiles contently, while Shining doesn’t look normal, yet no one seems to notice this.

“Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor.”

Back underground, the three made it further, but Cadence looks like she can’t go on.

“Oh, we’re never going to save him.” Cadence said dejected.

Silver goes over and pats her shoulder.

“Come on Caddy...” Silver, opting to use her nickname, with a gentle grin.

“...we can’t give up. We will get through this.”

Twilight looks around hastily.

“He’s right. We just have to find... There!”

They spot a path that lead up, with a light near the end. It was the exit. However, as they were going to make their way, they are stopped.

Cadence gasps, while Silver grunts.

“My bridesmaids!” Cadence said, her hoof over her mouth.

The bridesmaids that went missing, Garnet, Amethyst, and Aquamarine slowly approached the three ponies, their eyes glowing green showing they were brainwashed.

”You’re not going anywhere...” The three said in unison.

Of course, Silver steps before Cadence and Twilight, glaring softly.

“...Damn her...” Silver muttered.

“Silver, please don’t hurt them. They are just under that fake’s spell.” Cadence pleaded.

Silver looks around, as they back away from the three ponies. He then notices something on the ground. It was a bouquet.

“...I wonder.” Silver thought aloud as he grabs the flowers.

He then waves it around the brainwashed mares, who suddenly turn the focus on it, their mouths agape. He then throws it over their heads, as they quickly turned around and jumped after it.

”I GOT IT!” They yelled in unison.

They just stare at the three ponies fighting over the bouquet of flowers. It was then the ruby in Silver’s ring was starting to glow and shifted into a emerald green color.

”My ring is glowing... Just like when it helped with sealing Discord. Is it possible I can break the brainwashing effect off these three?” Silver thought..

It was then Silver began approaching the three, with Cadence and Twilight looking at him in surprise.

“Silver? What are you doing?” Twilight asked.

“Let me try something...” He said approaching the three.

When Aquamarine picked up the bouquet, squealing in delight. She then looked at Silver, who then puts his hoof up and...

**BOOP**

Aquamarine’s face scrunches up, from being booped by the stallion on the nose. After a few seconds, a faint ‘pop’ was heard, and the pegasus’ eyes lose their green glow and start to turn back to their normal color. Cadence just looks with her eyes wide, while Twilight just stares with her mouth agape trying to process what just happened.

Aquamarine just stares at Silver, who sets his hoof down and looks at the two ponies. He then does the same thing to them.

**BOOP**

**BOOP**

Garnet and Amethyst’s faces scrunch up, as their eyes also return to normal after a small ‘pop’ was heard.

“...Huh. That actually worked.” Silver simply said.

His ring then loses its glow as the gemstone reverts back to its normal red color.

“...Uh, what just happened?” Garnet asked.

“Why do I feel funny?” Amethyst asked, holding her head.

Aquamarine was just quiet as she stared into Silver’s eyes.

“...It’s you. That stallion I saw at the train station the other day... The one who was looking at me.” She muttered.

Silver just remained quiet, before nodding.

“Garnet Painter? Amethyst Singer? Aquamarine Dancer?” Cadence asked as she approached the three.

The three mares look to Cadence.

“Princess? Is that really you?” They asked.

Cadence gave a soft smile and nods.

“It’s really me. Twilight found me down here.” She said, before hugging the three ponies.

They each grinned and hugged her back tightly.

“Are you okay Princess??”

“We didn’t hurt you did we?!”

“I thought that one we were with yesterday was really you...”

They each chattered, while Cadence calms them down. They then hear Silver clear his throat.

“Yeah, um. Not to ruin the moment but... We still have a wedding to go crash.” Silver said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

Cadence gasped.

“Oh goodness! He’s right. We must go now, for Shining Armor’s life is at risk and that imposter is almost going to take him from me!” Cadence explained.

The three bridesmaids snap to attention.

“Of course Princess!”

“We’ll accompany three back up!”

“I want to make that fake you pay!”

Cadence smiled and pats each their heads.

“Then let us go, my dear Zodiac Guard.” She said softly.

Silver and Twilight look at each other, as Twilight simply shrugs.

“Zodiac Guard?” Silver asked.

“My personal guard. Considered my own branch of the Royal Guard. They are faithful, and I wanted them to be my bridesmaids. Each represents a sign of the Zodiac, hence the name. I can explain things later, but we really need to get going.” Cadence said, pressingly.

They all agreed and all made haste up the tunnel that lead back up to the surface.

They eventually reach the surface, galloping toward the palace. Thankfully, the street they were on happened to be where Silver’s house was located.

“Hold up, I need to grab my things. One moment.” Silver said, as he bursts into the house.

He rushes upstairs to his bedroom. He grabs his Mythril Sword and attaches it to his side, and then picks up the Oak Staff that has been resting there. He breathes deeply as he sets it on his back through a hidden loop around his cloak and rushes back out, before closing his door.

“Okay! Now we can go!” Silver said as they continued.

Twilight noticed the staff he had with him, and wondered where and why he has one. But decides to question it for later, as they have more pressing matters as they vastly approach the palace.

Back at the wedding Celestia was just getting ready to make the final engagement official.

“Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, it is my great pleasure to pronounce you–”

STOOOOP!!!” Twilight screamed as she bursts open through the doors.

Everyone in the room starts chattering at the sudden appearance. The fake Cadence, cursing under her breath. Twilight’s friends just can’t believe this as going to happen again, as Rarity simply facehoofs her face, while Spike looks down in shame.

“Ugh! Why does she have to be so possessive of her brother?” She asked as she starts sobbing.

“Why does she have to ruin my special day?” She cried.

”Because, it’s not your special day! Another voice answered.

It is then revealed to be the real Cadence, who walks in.

“It’s mine!” She finished.

Everyone in the room was now more confused at the presence of the second Cadence. The fake Cadence then switched gears, now glaring at them.

“What? How did you escape my bridesmaids?” She demanded.

Cadence and Twilight just gave a smirk to each other. On cue, the bridesmaids stood beside Cadence, all glaring at the imposter.

“What?! How did you...?!” ‘Cadence’ replied.

It was then Silver calmly walks in, as he gives a smirk.

“Hello there. Miss us?” Silver asked, giving a sly smirk.

It was then the fake Cadence just growls under her breathe.

“You...!” She spat.

“So... How is that little ‘parting gift’ I gave you before you sent me away holding up? Heh, it really does suit your look, you know?” He taunted.

The fake held where she received the blow from the stallion, now glaring daggers at him and the five mares.

Applejack and the girls just look at each other before the former speaks up.

“I-I don’t understand. How can there be two of ‘em?” She asked.

Cadence then approaches the altar, replying to Applejack’s question with the reveal.

“She’s a changeling. She takes the form of somepony you love and gains power by feeding off your love for them.”

The evil Cadence’s glare intensifies, knowing she was revealed. A column of green fire surrounds as her eyes glow green as well. The fire explodes up as everyone witness the transformation of the once believed to be Cadence, turning into more tall, lanky looking insect looking pony, with long mane and tail, insect looking wings, and her hooves full of holes. She opens her eyes and begins to cackle as the transformation finishes. The fake reveals her truth form as Queen Chrysalis, queen of the changelings. One thing to note, she appears to have a round mark around her face, that looked as though it chipped a bit of her skin.

The crowd all gasp in horror at the sight. Cadence, Twilight and the Zodiac Guard just stare in awe. Rarity looked at the changeling queen, and was just weirded out.

“Right you are, Princess. And as queen of the changelings, it is up to me to find food for my subjects. Equestria has more love than any place I’ve ever encountered. My fellow changelings will be able to devour so much of it that we will gain more power than we have ever dreamed of!” Chrysalis spoke, her voice sounding distorted as two voices appeared out-of-sync with each other.

“They’ll never get the chance! Shining Armor’s protection spell will keep them from ever even reaching us!” Cadence rebutted.

“Oh, I doubt that. Isn’t that right, dear?” Chrysalis chuckled.

Shining simply nods and grunts, like a mindless zombie.

“Mm-hmm.”

Cadence and Twilight look toward Shining with intense worry, with the former about to charge and take Shining back, but Chrysalis stomps her hoof down, stopping her and causing the princess to back away.

“Ah, ah, ah. Don’t want to go back to the caves, now do you? Ever since I took your place, I’ve been feeding off Shining Armor’s love for you. Every moment he grows weaker and so does his spell. Even now, my minions are chipping away at it.” She explained.

Suddenly, the crowd hears loud ‘humming’ coming from outside. Several hundred Changelings were around the city, as several at the top kept crashing into the barrier, all chuckling, as the barrier was beginning to crack.

“...Oh great.” He muttered.

“He may not be my husband, but he is under my total control now.” Chrysalis chuckled.

Cadence and Twilight gasp.

“And I’m sorry to say, unable to perform his duties as captain of the Royal Guard.” She said mockingly.

“Not my Shining Armor!” Cadence cried.

“Soon, my changeling army will break through. First, we take Canterlot. And then, all of Equestria!” Chrysalis laughed.

“No!” A voice yelled behind her, noticing Celestia glaring at the queen.

“You won’t...!”

“You may have made it impossible for Shining Armor to perform his spell, but now that you have so foolishly revealed your true self...”

Celestia and Chrysalis lock horns and glare into each other’s eyes.

“I shall protect my subjects from you!” She leaps up, her wings spread as she fires a beam of magic at the queen, whom does the same.

The two are locked in a beam struggle. At first Celestia appears determined, while Chrysalis appears to struggle as it nearly goes toward her, however through sheer will, she is soon able to push the beam back toward Celestia. The princess’s eyes widen as her magic is pushed back and manages to strike Celestia’s horn. An explosion erupts as the Sun Princess is blown back, knocking her crown off, hitting the ground near her sliding form, her horn having a scorch mark. Their princess was just overpowered.

Everyone in the room gasped in horror.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight cried out as she galloped over to her, while the others all do the same.

“Princess!” Silver yelled as he ran with Twilight.

At first, the queen was just taken aback, but then cackles victoriously.

“Ha! Shining Armor’s love for you is even stronger than I thought! Consuming it has made me even more powerful than Celestia!” She said as she hovered above the ground, proud of her victory.

Twilight holds Celestia’s head up to her, as the princess weakly speaks to her.

“The Elements of Harmony. You must get to them and use their power to defeat the queen.” She ordered, wincing in pain.

Silver then looks to Celestia, and then Chrysalis. He then got a serious look.

“Go.” He said.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“You heard the princess. Get the Elements, I’ll stay her to keep her safe.”

“WHAT?!” The girls yelled.

“But Silver, she just--” Twilight as going to argue.

Silver shook his head as he stared at her in the eyes.

“I’ll be fine. My task for the wedding was to be extra security. The princess is down, and she needs protection. You six are more than capable of making it to the tower.” He calmly explained.

“My decision is final. Just go...” Silver said, as his expression got more serious.

“But...” Twilight responded.

“Now! I’m not going to tell you again.” Silver yelled.

She winced, realizing she wasn’t going to get him to change his mind.

“...Please keep her safe... And be careful.” Twilight said sadly.

His expression soften, as he pats her head. He then winks. She then chuckles, as she looks to the girls.

“Come on girls. Let’s go.” Twilight said.

They nod, though Rarity protested.

“Bu-but, Twilight! Our dresses!” She whined.

Silver just gave her a deadpan stare.

“Rares... Time and place. Not now.” He simply said.

Rarity looked like she was gonna scream, but stopped herself before going after the girls.

Chrysalis just watches them go, as the entire room gets cleared out the guests all ran ran for their lives.

“You can run, but you can’t hide!” She laughed

Cadence looks to Aquamarine, Garnet, and Amethyst.

“Go with Twilight. Make sure they reach Canterlot Tower. Don’t let anything stop you, okay?” She said gently.

They were going to protest, but seeing that Silver was that determined to keep things in check here, they knew that the Bearers were important for the safety of Equestria. They then nod.

“Of course Princess. We’ll do our best.” Aquamarine replied softly.

The Zodiac Guard nod and follow after Twilight, leaving Cadence alone with the down Celestia, Silver, Shining, and the Queen.

Soon the barrier finally gave way, as it shatters and the Changelings all poured into the city. Ponies outside can be heard screaming in terror as they run for their lives, trying to get indoors. The Royal Guard were already fighting against the threat, trying to protect citizens. Twilight and her friends were already trying to get to the tower, but get swarmed by many changelings, all which transform into them, forcing them to fight their doubles.

The Zodiac Guard were shown to actually be able to handle themselves, surprising everyone when Aquamarine was able conjure up a water spell that was able to wash several changelings away, all by dancing.

Twilight just stared at her, her mouth agape.

“What?! How... But your a... WHAT?!” Twilight’s mind broke at that moment.

Aquamarine simply gave a sincere smile.

“We are sort of... Special ponies. This is really the few times we can let loose.” She explained.

That didn’t seem to answer her question. Even as they fight for their lives, Twilight still had a million questions.

“What are you girls...?” She thought aloud.

While this went on, from above, one changeling was watching the struggle take place, who had a look of interest. He didn’t seem at all interested in fighting, as he just watched Twilight and her friends, with the Zodiac Guard, fight his brethren.

“It is rather pathetic to think you ponies have a remote fighting chance to stop me... My subjects outnumber you and your little Royal Guard. You have no chance.” She taunts, watching as her subjects go through the city, causing chaos that could make Discord jealous.

Silver kept his blade out, while still keeping Celestia protected.

“Want to see how ‘pathetic’ we can be? Come over here, and I can give that nice little ‘beauty’ mark I gave you another one to compliment it, only it will be your nose that my hoof will introduce itself too.” Silver said.

She whips her head at the stallion, growling.

“You know, I still haven’t forgiven you what you did to me, you blasted little colt. You bellow saying you have a chance of taking us, yet you just witnessed me take down your precious Princess of the Sun with ease! What hope can you possibly have?!”

He just chuckles.

“I could show you... So many ways. I lived in the wastelands for five years, I know what it is like living in the rough. And I even had my fair share of run-ins with you guys...” He smirked.

“...Oh I can just describe how some of your little drones thought they could take me on a fight eight to one...”

The queen started to glare. She had a feeling where this was leading.

“...It makes me feel almost sorry for them. I mean, they are just trying to find a means to survive. Yet, they have to be aggressive about it... Guess they never expected to get their flanks kicked by a single stallion. Imagine that, your little subjects can’t even take on one lone pony, even if they fed on love someplace else prior.”

“You are digging your own grave, little stallion... I suggest you keep quiet before I keep my promise on ending you...” Chrysalis warned, as she slowly approached him.

He just smiled. While this happened, Cadence began to slowly sneak quietly toward Shining, who was still standing there.

“Oh but I didn’t get to the best part... I can be a fair pony, and let some creatures that harass me go. I could’ve let a changeling or two live, so they could have come back to you and describe how they got thrashed by an earth pony... But it makes you wonder during that time, you wondered where some of your drones were when they should’ve reported back to you...” He pressed.

Chrysalis was dangerously close to him, staring down, as her horn slowly started to flare up.

“I said QUIET!” She screamed.

“...Well, do you know how long it took for me to wash the blood off my sword? Even after three days, I was still cleaning what little remained of them...” He said, nonchalantly.

”GrraaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

This just makes the queen snap, as she screams like a banshee and was about to fire from her horn to end Silver with extreme prejudice, but she didn’t anticipate the fact she was then struck in the face by another beam of magic, this of dark blue origins, and sends her flying back, causing Cadence to leap toward Shining Armor. Chrysalis crashes into the wall in a daze.

This took Silver by surprise, as before him, a familiar blue alicorn lands, donning dark blue armor, and was wielding a sword with a crescent moon and wings design to it.

“...Honesty dear Silver Guardian, even for a pony of my nature, even I find that to be too dark for my tastes, especially coming from a pony like you.” She said not looking at him.

Princess Luna has arrived.

“But, a good distraction nevertheless.” She said smirking.

“Auntie Luna!” Cadence said in a shocked manner.

“Well, nice of you to join the fun, Princess.” Silver said with a grin.

“You think I would just sit idly by, and watch these foul creatures try to overtake our city? Think again, my little pony.” She said walking forward beside Cadence, glaring down at Chrysalis who gets up.

She glared at Luna, more agitated.

“So... The princess of the night decides to show up... You will feel my wrath for doing that.” Chrysalis snarled.

“Hmph, perhaps you should have paid more attention above you. After all, I am more a threat to you than Silver... No offense to you dear.” Luna called back.

“None taken.” Silver shrugged it off.

He then took the time to take his staff out, and holds it down to Celestia.

“Just hold on, Princess...” He said quietly.

A small white glow appeared at the top of the staff, as a gentle green aura surrounded Celestia. The pain was beginning to slowly subside.

She opened her eyes a bit, staring at the young stallion, seeing him use the Cura spell on her.

“...Silver?” She questioned.

He just smiled, which caused Celestia to give a tired smile.

“...You have improved vastly...” She said quietly.

He looks back before looking at Celestia again.

“I’ve learned from a great teacher...” He replied.

This caused her to chuckle.

“...Yes, you have... He would be proud.” She responded, knowing who he was referring to.

Of course, she sees an image of Crimson, standing beside Silver towering over him, using his staff to heal her too. She never knew how alike the two were, even if they were two different species.

“Just take it easy for now. Your sister is here now. We might have a better chance.” He said, still focused on healing.

She looked past him, noticing Luna, donned in her armor from so many years ago. She chuckled.

“Oh Lulu... Even to this day, you never change your outlook in the heart of battle...” She said softly.

“If you don’t seem to understand, I was able to take down your big sister with ease, thanks to the love I absorbed from Shining Armor. If she wasn’t able to stand a chance against me, what makes the little moon princess think she can best me?!” Chrysalis spat.

Luna frowns, looking back at Celestia, as Silver heals her.

“You harmed my sister... I can’t forgive you for that.” Luna chuckled, rather mischievously.

“I could easily go hoof-to-hoof with you, Chrysalis, but... I think a change in lighting is needed.”

Chrysalis raises a brow, wondering what she is talking about. Luna chuckles.

“You are a little hazy on your Equestrian history, are you?”

Her horn begins to glow light blue. She looks back at her downed sister and Silver.

“Trust me on what I am about to do, Tia...” Luna said calmly.

Silver raised his brow, as he noticed how it suddenly looked like it was getting dark outside.

“What the...?” Silver said.

Outside, Twilight and the others managed to reach the Tower, only to be surrounded by countless changelings. They were so close, and weren’t going to give up, as the Zodiac Guard have been helping extensively making it this far. However before the fight continues, everyone, including the changelings, saw how dark it was suddenly getting outside.

“Huh? What’s going on? Why is it suddenly becoming night?” Twilight asked.

“OOH! Maybe Princess Luna wanted to change the mood for the battle!!” Pinkie replied excitedly.

They look at her.

“But if Princess Luna is helping, why make it night time all of the sudden?” Applejack asked.

The moon rose into the air, only the sun remained where it was, as it goes and blocked the sun, creating an eclipse.

Luna began to be covered in a dark mist, as a rather malicious sounding laugh echoed. Luna started to grow a bit taller, her armor turning more cyan blue than what it was. Silver’s eyes widened, not believing what he was seeing.

“No... freaking... way...” He said slowly.

Chrysalis just stepped back, confused and overwhelmed by the magic flowing to Luna. Soon the darkness vanishes, and standing before them was not Luna. She opened her eyes, the cat-like eyes peering into the queen’s very being.

“I was evil once. So, you and I have something in common. I too defeated Celestia many years ago.” She said calmly.

“W-what are you...? Who are you?!” The queen demanded.

It was then, the black alicorn smirked.

“...I am your worst nightmare.”

Nightmare Moon returns once again.

Silver just stared wide eyed. He couldn’t believe it that Luna literally transformed into Nightmare Moon.

“But how...?” Silver asked.

Nightmare simply looks back at him, smirking.

“Simply put, the Elements only weakened me, not outright kill me. I have become the dark half of Luna’s heart, and after seeing how far you seven ponies have come with your friendship, as well as ponies come to appreciate the night... Well I decided to ask for forgiveness, and Luna let me back in... It took months, but I feel as though I am adjusted to this feeling now.” She explained.

“We are one once more, and I am ready to prove that even somepony that once wanted Eternal Night because of her own jealousy... Can change.” She looks back at Chrysalis.

“...Starting with this little bug... That needs to be squashed.” She grinned devilishly.

Celestia looks to Nightmare Moon, having hearing her voice after thousand years. At first, she was terrified, thinking her sister was lost again, but learning that the Elements did more than just free Luna from her, but weakened and wanted to give her a second chance seemed to give Celestia hope. She only hoped everypony would be willing to accept this change.

Silver looks down at Celestia.

“That is as good as I am going to do for you Princess... Just rest for now. We can do this.” He said softly.

Celestia just nods, closing her eyes. He then gets up and trots next to Nightmare Moon, whipping his Mythril Sword out and catching it by the tail.

“I don’t suppose you mind if I tag along, Nightmare Moon. I’m just as eager to have a bit of action too. We may have fought once, but... If you really mean that you changed then I wish to see how good we can do to work together.” Silver said with a grin.

Nightmare just looks down at the stallion, and grinned.

“Never thought we would be working together this time, little colt. This shall prove to be an interesting time.” She chuckled.

Chrysalis just flares her horn, bringing up her bravado again.

“I-It doesn’t matter if the time of day helps you or not, I have come this far! I won’t let anypony stop me and my plans!! Nopo--!!”

She was then caught off guard by being blasted out of the window and outside. Silver held his staff out, having just cast a Fira spell before setting it back on his side.

“Seriously... Will you just shut up for just a minute?” Silver quipped.

Nightmare Moon was just astonished that the earth pony was able to cast a spell... A spell that only one other was capable of doing, however she thought the way it was handled was very amusing. She then chuckles as sees, next to Silver, the image of Crimson in a similar stance.

So like him...” She thought.

“Shall we give an audience to Her Majesty?” Silver asked Nightmare Moon.

She held her blade up.

“We shall, my dear colt.~”

Both ponies galloped and leaped out the window and landed down in a courtyard, where the queen gets up, now more furious, and confused, now, she wanted nothing more to just rip the stallion’s heart out and smash it.

“Grrrrr... I AM GOING TO ENJOY STABBING YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT AND SMASH IT INTO PASTE!!!” She screamed, eyes now burning with rage.

Silver could only grin, as he whips his blade into a ready position.

“Bring it.”

Soon the three charge at each other, as both Nightmare and Chrysalis’s horns flare up and lunge at each other.

Back up in the wedding hall, Celestia managed to finally get up, feeling a bit more reinvigorated from Silver’s healing spell. She made sure she could use her magic, and saw that the pain in her horn was not there, but it still had a small scorch mark from where the changeling queen struck her. She picks her crown back up, setting it on her head. Cadence was trying to snap Shining out of the spell, but almost fell to tears when she saw how dispodent he looked. She then nuzzles him tenderly, as her horn began to spark, before embracing him.

“Come back to me, Shining Armor... Please.” She sobbed quietly.

As it does, a heart forms from her horn before floating gently onto Shining. This causes him to groan, as his eyes return to normal. Cadence steps back as he shakes his head.

“Ugh... Wh...what happened? Is...is the wedding over?” Shining asked in a daze.

Cadence smiled brightly, as she hugs him again.

“I’m here...!” She cried.

“Cadence? Is it really you?” He asked again.

She nods as she looks into his eyes.

“You’re okay now... It’s me.” She said softly.

Shining then smiled softly as he hugs her again. However, its interrupted, when they continue to hear the mayhem outside.

“What is going on?” Shining asked.

“Changelings dear Shining.” Celestia said, looking down at the scene, as Cadence and Shining looked out.

“No way... Then Twily was...” He then gasped.

“Wait, where is Twilight?” He asked.

“It is alright Shining Armor, your sister and her friends are on their way to retrieve the Elements, although... It has been some time since they left here. I hope they are safe...” Celestia said, worried.

Celestia watches as her sister and Silver take on the changeling queen. As she watches, something deep down in her soul rekindled. That part of her that used to fight to defend Equestria from evil, soon began to rear its head once more.

"For now... I feel as though I need to return the favor Chrysalis gave me..." Celestia muttered.

"Huh? What are you saying auntie?" Cadence asked.

She didn't reply as they were suddenly mesmerized by the golden glow Celestia was casting off.


Canterlot Tower


Eventually, Twilight and the group reached the doors that housed the Elements of Harmony. Twilight, having been told that the door should now respond to her magic, inserts her horn into the hole as the door glows and opens up, revealing the chest. She lifts the chest and opens it, and the Elements were still inside.

“We got them!” Twilight cheered.

“Alright! Now we can clean up this mess!” Rainbow smacked her hooves together.

Twilight leviates the Elements and gives them to their respective bearer, while she places the Element of Magic on her head.

“Great, now we should get back to Cadence and the rest and stop the queen!” Twilight suggested.

The group of ponies nod as they rush out, but were surprised at the sight of it being dark and the moon blocking the sun.

“What has been happening when we were inside?” Twilight asked aloud.

“Look out! More changelings coming in!” Garnet yelled.

They saw more flying toward them.

“Oh, give us a break already!” Rainbow moaned.

“They really are pests. You take care of some, and more just show up to take over...” Rarity complained.

“Don’t worry girls, we have the Elements, so we should be alright!” Twilight said with determination.

“Right!” They said together.

They jumped back into the fray, but using the Elements, they were able to take out more numbers together.

Back between the brawl against Silver, Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis, the queen was getting overpowered by the combined effort of the alicorn and raw strength of the earth pony. Beams of magic fly all over the place between the two horned beings, while sword swipes strike about on their marks, and other times dodging them.

“Grr...” The queen growled.

“Where is your bravado now you nuisance?” Nightmare taunted.

The queen then looks up, seeing several more of her drones.

“COME AND ASSIST YOUR QUEEN! Overpower these fools!!” She ordered.

They heard her and all began to swarm around Nightmare Moon and Silver. The two went back to back looking around. Chrysalis laughs, despite how beaten she looked.

“Our odds?” Silver asked.

“I’d say they outweigh us 40 to 1. I suppose you can handle this many?” Nightmare replied.

“Well... Might be difficult if one more shows up.” Silver said smirking.

Nightmare chuckles, looking at the enemies around them.

“Then it shall be the one we take care of.” She said with a smirk.

“Oh? You fighting too?” He said looking back.

Then both went silent, as they immediately leap the opposite ends and start striking every drone that come at them. Both used physical means, and magic based means and changelings just drop one by one. While Nightmare is distracted by several drones, she fails to see Chrysalis take the chance to capitalize and try to fire upon Nightmare. She turns to see the beam heading towards her, not having enough time to react to dodge.

She cursed, hoping to cast a shield spell to block the attack, however the beam misses her. A gold halberd manages to smack Chrysalis away, causing her to yell in pain from the surprise attack.

Then, Celestia, donning a gold helm and armor, her mane sticking out like a ponytail, her tail tied with two gold bangles, lands beside Nightmare, as she brings the weapon to her.

“Sister...” Nightmare muttered.

“I feel as though... I need to return the Queen her just deserts.” Celestia smirked.

Silver turns around as he smacks a changeling behind him with his staff, knocking it out. He sees Celestia with them now.

“Princess?” Silver asked, surprised.

He then holds his staff behind him, as he conjured a Thunder spell, and shocked a few changelings that tried to sneak up on him, electrocuting them.

“I am alright now Silver. I feel the odds are now in our favor. As much as I am not the fighter I was once... I still have my duty to protect my subjects. Twilight and her friends should be returning as we speak... And Cadence has freed Shining from the queen’s spell.”

He smiled.

“Awesome.” He grinned.

Chrysalis was just shocked to see Celestia now in the conflict.

“Grr, you ponies just don’t know when to quit! You know the reception has been cancelled, don’t you?!”

Celestia just frowns.

“You may have overpowered me, but in a few minutes, you will have already lost. Until then...” She then points her halberd at the queen.

“I wish to get what I am feeling right now out of the way while I can.”

Nightmare just smirks.

“Fufufu, seems kind of strange to be fighting alongside you like this, dear sister.” Nightmare mused.

“But... It is nice to see you again. I do hope we can put the past behind us.” She said smiling softly.

Celestia just grins.

“Oh little sister...”

Silver casts a Blizzara spell, as a large spire of ice erupted before the two sisters, knocking several changelings up, before shattering.

“Sorry to ruin your bonding but... Still being attacked here.” Silver said, bucking another changeling hard enough, a loud ‘crack’ could be heard before it is sent flying.

The two princesses nod as they continue to hold out. The two princesses and one earth stallion stood back to back to back. It seems as though Chrysalis was getting desperate now, considering the amount of her minions just keep coming, now seeing how these three ponies were the biggest threat to her now. Least with Celestia, her halberd had enough reach it was able to take out several changelings at a time, and when it called for it, Nightmare swapped Luna’s sword for the scythe she used during the battle against Silver after her return, finding it a bit more viable at this point, while Silver continued to slice through the masses with his blade, bashing them in the head with his Oak Staff, or straight up jabbing and bucking them with his hooves.

“It’s as if he is fighting with us, like in the past huh Tia?” Nightmare asked, blasting a changeling with her magic.

“It is, as if his own spirit and will lives on in this pony...” Celestia mused, stabbing a changeling with the tip of her halberd.

Cadence and Shining watched from above in the hall, both in awe as they never seen the princesses in actual combat, and how them and Silver appeared to work together as a team alone. It was then they heard the doors open, and saw Twilight and the others return, with the Elements of Harmony in their possession.

“Twily!” Shining rushes over.

Twilight gasped, and smiled.

“Shining! Your back to normal!” She rushes and hugs her brother tightly.

He does the same, patting her head.

“Thanks to Cadence... Listen, I just wanted to say I’m so sorry for how I treated you yesterday... You were right, and I just exploded in a fit of rage on my own sister who wanted to warn us the danger we face now.” He said remorsefully.

Twilight just gave a sad smile as her friends stood beside her, they also shared a look of regret.

“Yeah, we are so sorry too, Twi. We’ve should’ve listened to you.” Applejack said.

“We were so caught up in the whole wedding planning, we didn’t take you seriously when it mattered. Just like how serious you were when you couldn’t find a friendship problem and we shrugged it off...”

Her friends all embraced her, showing how sorry there were.

“Girls... Shining, it’s alright. It wasn’t your fault. She fooled all of us...” Twilight said gently.

Speaking of which. They look and saw Celestia, Chrysalis and Silver missing.

“Wait a minute, where is the princess? And Silver and Chrysalis for that matter?” Twilight asked.

“Unbelievable!” Aquamarine cried out.

They look to see the Zodiac Guard were looking out down at the courtyard in awe. The rest go over and look at what they were seeing, were in shock. First thing they notices was Nightmare Moon fighting alongside Celestia in armor and using her halberd, and Silver just going to town.

“Is that... NIGHTMARE MOON?!” Twilight screamed in shock.

“How is she back? Didn’t we blast her out of existence with the Elements??” Rainbow asked.

“Aunt Luna came in sometime after you left, and knew that Chrysalis was stronger after absorbing enough of Shining’s love for me and so she was able to transform into Nightmare Moon to give herself an edge. She said the Elements only seemed to weakened her and were suppressed into Luna’s heart and the two agreed to be one, as a means for Nightmare Moon to have a second chance and show she can change.” Cadence explained.

“And Princess Celestia said she wished to join her sister and Silver, felt as though she wished to return the favor to the queen for beating her. She told us they will try to hold out so we can find a way to get rid of Chrysalis and the changelings at once. I’m still too weak to recast my protection spell after what Chrysalis did.” Shining added.

It was then, the three noticed how Chrysalis and several changelings began charging their horns. Silver then jumps before the two princesses.

“Back me up if you will.” Silver said, holding his staff out.

The changelings all fired a combined beam of magic, fueled with the amount of love they absorbed.

FALL TO US!!” Chrysalis cackled.

“Princesses!” Silver said.

The three charge their own spell as Silver casts a sequential Fira, Blizzara, and Thundara spell, that ends up spiraling around the combined power of the sun and moon from Celestia and Nightmare respectively, and just grew as it did. While Nightmare fires from her horn, Celestia twirled her haberd and channeled her magic through that and fired a beam of magic from the tip of her weapon.

“Call this the Triple Finish!” Silver declared.

Their beam manages to collide with the changelings and starts an large scale beam struggle, as both sides try their hardest to push the beam back to one another.”

Twilight and the rest, as well as several Royal Guard, citizens, and even remaining changelings just get mesmerized by the large beam struggle.

“THIS IS SO AWESOME!!” Rainbow yelled in amazement.

Twilight was just staring in awe and shock. Fluttershy just closed her eyes, too afraid to see the outcome of it all. They never knew that this battle would come to an event like this.

However, Silver was showing signs of increased fatigue and drained magic. He knew they had to end this fast before they get overwhelmed.

“G-Guess I have no choice then... Gonna hate myself later for this...” He said to himself.

FIRAGA! BLIZZAGA! THUNDAGA!” He screamed as he casts the tier 3 Black Magic spells.

This ends up creating a very large stream of flames, large crystal shards of ice, and giant bolts of lightning around the combined beam, and strengthens it ten-fold. The three manage to push the changeling’s beam back toward them as they tried hard to push it, but with the larger potency of Silver’s magic being added, they soon get overwhelmed by the Triple Finish, and cause a large explosion that knocks ever single changeling that was with Chrysalis away, some outright getting disintegrate by the attack, while the queen herself just screams in agony being blast several yards away.

Despite this, she managed to get back up, but was in so much pain, she could barely stand straight, and only limp.

“C-curse you ponies... You... You will regret this...” Chrysalis grunted.

The the two princesses and stallion just stare down the downed changeling queen.

“Your finished Chrysalis... Admit defeat and this can all stop. I don’t want anymore blood on these hooves... Just fall back down if you know what’s good for you.” Silver said, now exhausted.

The amount of use he got from his magic, just made Silver tired. Celestia and Nightmare can see he nearly leans against Nightmare for support.

“We... We will never submit defeat to you ponies... You will rue the day for this... RUE IT...!” Chrysalis coughed.

She glared at Silver intensely.

“Especially you... One day, I swear I will kill you myself for this... You better watch yourself, little stallion... I will make your suffer for this.” She cursed.

Silver just chuckles.

“Heh... Well I look forward to meeting you again. I’ll be waiting.”

Chrysalis growled lowly, but winced considering how much pain she was.

The group who witnessed all were just in complete shock, awe, confused, and surprised at the same time. Twilight’s jaw was so agape, Rarity simply closes it as her own mouth was agape.

“D... Did we just witness...?” Twilight stuttered.

“Silver worked with the Princess and Nightmare Moon to be several dozen changelings and the queen...? Yeah, I think we did Twilight.” Shining replied, just as shocked.

“...That was so awesome...” Rainbow said in awe.

The Zodiac Guard, namely Aquamarine just stared at Silver. She never knew an earth stallion would possess this much strength, and use magic like this. It was then she saw his cutie mark, noticing the Delta he had, and silently gasped.

”His cutie mark... It is just like... Could he also be like us...?” She thought.

Cadence looks to Shining.

“Shining, we still have other changelings roaming around. We are going to have to get rid of them all before more ponies get hurt. Even if Chrysalis is down, they will likely be more aggressive.”

Shining nods.

“My magic is still a bit weak... But maybe if we do it together...” He said quietly.

“...Let them see how powerful our love can be...” Cadence replied quietly.

“We can help too. We have the Elements, combined with the magic of friendship, it could compliment your love to new heights!” Twilight suggested.

“Right girls?” She asked as the five nod.

“Right!” They said in unison.

Shining and Cadence close their eyes as their magic begins twinkling. A calming wind starts to whip up around them, causing the two to gently hover in the air. The two look and saw they were not expecting this sort of effect, yet they look at each other and just smile and close their eyes once more as they began glowing.

Twilight and the girls nod to each other as they close their eyes and the Elements began shining around them, as they are lifted up into the air. Silver, still leaning against Nightmare, notices his ring shaking. He looks back up were the wedding hall was, seeing a familiar glow. He then grins as he lifts his hoof up, as the ring flies off and appears above the girls. Celestia and Nightmare notice this, with the former remembering what Silver mentioned when they sealed Discord in stone, can see this happen for the first time.

Chrysalis sees the light and just gives a shocked expression.

Cadence and Shining then open their eyes, as Twilight does the same, their eyes glowing white. The two couple then form the shape of a heart as pink barrier begins to form around them, while the Elements of Harmony then launches the rainbow beam and surrounds the barrier and expands out fast.

Silver then smirks as the barrier starts covering all of Canterlot, to which all the changelings and Chrysalis get blown away and out of Canterlot. All the changelings end up getting blasted in different directions, all screaming, including Chrysalis, who ends up getting blow back out toward the Badlands, and is nothing more than a twinkle. Shining, Cadence, Twilight and the girls all gentle float down to the ground, smiling brightly.

Silver’s ring immediately flies back out the window, where instinctively, he holds his hoof out and it slides back in, the gemstone in the ring shifting from green to red again, surprising the princesses.

“So it is true... He does possess the 7th Element. He is the Bearer of Unity...” Celestia murmured.

“This little pony... Quite a fascinating individual...” Nightmare said softly.

Silver sighs deeply, as he finally places his sword back in its scabbard, and his staff on his side.

“Well... It’s over. We won... Now if you excuse me, I really want to nap now... Good night.”

It was then Silver just falls forward and passes out, surprising the two.

“Oh dear...” Celestia said, smiling softly.

“Considering how much of his magic he used... It is no surprise her hasn’t passed out sooner...” Nightmare chuckled.

“Well, I think for now he deserves this... Sweet dreams my little pony.” Celestia said softly.

Nightmare gently pats the stallion.

“I had a wonderful time fighting alongside you two... But now the threat is gone, I shall rest myself and let Luna take the helm.” Nightmare grinned.

“Nightmare Moon... My dear sister... Thank you for your assistance. Without you and Luna’s strength, things could’ve gotten worse.” Celestia smiled.

She just chuckles.

“It was fun, good sister. It is good to know that you still have the flame of battle in you, after all this time... I suppose you felt it too, while we fought alongside Silver?”

They look down at the snoring pony.

“...I have. It reminds me of how we fought evil that nearly consumed this world... And possible the universe we exist in, alongside our ‘mutual friend’. And now, a bit of him, seems to reside in this little pony...” Celestia said softly.

“He shall be stronger as time goes on. I feel that as if his magic has grown since the spell performed by Cadence and Shining Armor was cast, alongside the Elements of Harmony. His potential is still growing...” Nightmare mused.

They took a moment before, Celestia gently hugs Nightmare, whom does the same.

“Rest easy now, sister.”

Nightmare nods, as her horn glows. The moon begins to set, as the sunlight gradually returns and makes it day once again. Nightmare is surrounded by the same mist from before, this time appearing to return within Luna as she shrinks back down to her normal size. Luna’s features return as her armor is now dark blue once more, and the scythe she carried disappears and the sword she wielded is back. She opens her eyes and looks around.

“So, we have won this battle Tia...?” Luna asked.

“It is done. The threat has been banished from Canterlot, however the changelings may return one day, and Chrysalis may return... Since now she wishes take the life of this one...” Celestia frowned, notioning to Silver.

“...He is strong, and will continue to grow strong as the moons go by. I think he will be ready should she return, after all he has an edge over her.” Luna reminded.

Celestia nods.

“We will have to wait and see when that time comes...”

Soon, the two hear hoofsteps rushing to them, and turn to see Twilight and her friends, as well as Shining and Cadence and the Zodiac Guard.

“Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!” Twilight called.

She then goes and hugs Celestia and Luna, as the two smiled. Celestia pats her student’s mane.

“Twilight. I am glad to see you are all alright. You have all done well, and helped bring an end to this invasion.” She said with a soft smile.

“However, I do owe you an apology, my faithful student. You were right to be suspicious of Chrysalis posing as Cadence, and we all doubted you when you were to be taken seriously...”

Twilight smiled before hugging her again.

“I forgive you Princess. She had us all fooled... It wasn’t your fault.” She replied with a sad smile.

The moment is then broke, when they hear the heavy snores of Silver, behind Celestia and Luna.

“Silver! Is he... Okay?” Twilight asked, tilting her head.

The Princesses chuckle.

“Dear Silver is fine, Twilight. After all, he was the one that put more effort in the fight than any of us.” Luna replied.

“Yeah, speaking of which, that fight you three had... Was SO AWESOME!” Rainbow yelled in excitement.

“Gosh Princesses... I knew you were strong, but didn’t think you’d fought like dat!” Applejack said in awe.

“And the armor you are wearing... It is simply divine! You look like actual an actual warrior princess in those!” Rarity gushed.

Celestia and Luna smiled.

“We maybe princesses that wish to keep peace in Equestria, but should there be an event where the lives of our subjects are in danger, then we will do what is necessary to protect the peace. It just has been so long since we last donned our armor and used our weapons.” Luna said, swaying her sword.

“Well, I think we had enough excitement like this for one day...” Celestia mused aloud.

She then looks to Twilight.

“Afterall, you have a real wedding to put together, don’t you?” She asked with a knowing grin.

Twilight looks to Cadence and Shining who smiled down at her, which the unicorn giggled.

“I sure do. But... What about Silver? Shouldn’t somepony... Get him to a bed? I mean I know he doesn’t mind laying on the ground, but still...”

They laughed.

“Don’t worry Twilight. We shall take him to one of the guest rooms where he can rest comfortably. I am sure he will be awake by tomorrow, as the planning can begin anew and for the wedding to start once more the day after tomorrow.” Celestia said with a soft grin.

Shining then lifts Silver up and places him on his back, being careful as he just hung there, still snoozing away.

“I’ll take him to a room. Little guy deserves this for what he has done.”

Unknown to everyone else, they seemed to fail to notice the blue gemstone on Silver, began to faintly glow blue.

They nod, as they all disperse. It would take some time to repair the damage that was brought with the invasion, but with all the changelings being blasted out of the city, it was really the main focus for the day. Thankfully, none of the guests or other citizens of the city have been killed or seriously injured. Just shaken up from it all. Twilight and her friends all were able to take the time to relax, after returning the Element of Harmony to Canterlot Tower for safe keeping and plan out their tasks for tomorrow with the wedding for the real Princess Cadence.

During all that, they just talked about how Silver and the Princesses were able to fight several changelings and Chrysalis head on, despite the queen taking down Celestia after absorbing the love from Shining. Their minds always seemed to go back to one thing:

How did Silver use magic like that?

For the Zodiac Guard, they were happy that the threat was done, and were able to be Cadence’s bridesmaids again, alongside the Bearers, as Shining wanted Twilight to be his best mare again, whom agreed to wholeheartedly. But just like Twilight and her friends, their mind drifted to Silver, as Aquamarine pointed out that his cutie mark had the Delta and how he appeared to have magic in the same vein as they did, yet had a control over fire, ice, and thunder magic.

They wondered if there was a connection with him and the rest of the Zodiac Guard. But for them, time will tell.


Dreamscape


Silver opens his eyes as he found himself in his Dreamscape once again. At first he is confused, but remembers.

“Oh... Right, passed out.” He said to himself.

He gets up and looks around.

“Hmm, fact that I am here in this particular could mean...”

A flash of light erupted all of the sudden behind Silver, as Crimson appeared there.

“...Crimson.” Silver said as he turns around.

The human stood there, still showing that same expression with his eyes, however they soften up, as he is sure if he is seeing a smirk under the face cover.

”...I must say you had quite a day today...”

The pony rolls his eyes.

“You don’t even know half of it...” He said sarcastically.

A soft chuckle escaped the sage’s mouth.

”In either case, your training has appeared to been paying off. You are becoming more adept as your training goes on, as your demonstration with the battle with the Changeling Queen is any indicator.” Crimson pointed out.

“Well, I really hoped I didn’t have to go through with using it, but that staff was shown to actually help me. If I was doing that stuff without it, I probably would’ve been out of the battle before it even started, starting after healing Princess Celestia.” Silver said rubbing the back of his head.

”Heh, then you have put it to good use. You should continue to use it, even if you mastered most of your spells. I could use my magic if I wanted to without the aid of a rod or staff, but you will have better control and an easier time casting your spells with it. May be a simple piece of wood, but all staves and rods serve the same purpose for mages.”

Silver nods.

“Also, you should know. I am certain my friends saw me use magic when I was with the Princess and Nightmare Moon. Chances are, after the wedding, Twilight is going to be on my case nonstop about it. What should I do?” Silver asked.

”We both knew this would happen eventually. You could only keep this a secret for so long, until you had to resort to using it. There is no shame in it, however, the best option you can do now is be honest with her and your friends. Twilight is a bright young mare, so hopefully she will understand why she won’t be able to use these spells as affectively as you can. Considering she is the Bearer of Magic, she is already more than capable of handling her own with the magic she knows and can learn. It is just your magic would be slightly above hers, considering the power and potency otherworldly magic like this can be, and why it would be too much for even a skilled unicorn, or even alicorn can use. Remember, Celestia and Luna tried to learn a basic Fire and Cure spell, but even with their power, it just isn’t as compatible with the magic of Equis. He explained.

”The reason you are capable of learning this magic and have a firm grasp on it is because... Well to make it simple, it is because we are connected spiritually. You are aware that you are the Bearer of the 7th Element, correct? Crimson asked.

Silver nods.

”Well, who do you think was the first individual to be the inspiration of Unity? He gave a knowing look to the stallion.

“...So basically, because you were technically the first Bearer of Unity, those that would represent it would be able to learn this sort of skill?” Silver asked.

The sage nods.

”I know it will probably be a rough time, but once Twilight understands as to why she or your friends for that matter, can’t go about learning magic of this type, they will likely come to accept it and just move on. Maybe, they will see it as is something unique you bring to the table. After all, who can say they are able to use magic while not a unicorn? Well, you are only half unicorn, but that is beside the point.”

”Anyway, I just wished to say well done for doing what you have done. Granted, you did take in the risk of using magic that you still had to master, after casting Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga in succession, especially after you were already showing signs of fatigue. You lucked out, but try not to do it again as it might not work out so well the next time. And chances are you will likely wake up later with a pounding headache, but give it a bit of time, relax and it will pass. Crimson said, with a shrug.

“Great...” Silver said dejected.

”However, it might be an easier time to master tier three spells now. I have noticed, but your potentially seemed to have opened even more... And well, I think you’ll find out when you wake up later.” He pointed out.

Silver tilts his head.

”But for now, I have a bit of time. So...”

He then draws out his rapier and gets in a ready stance.

”Let’s see how long it will take to get me to one knee.” He smirked.

Silver then draws out his Mythril Sword.

“Alright then. Let’s go.” The stallion said with confidence.

With that, the two charge at each other to begin their quick spar session.


The next day


“Ugh...” Silver groaned, as he winced a bit.

Sitting up, Silver’s eyes crack open, as he finds himself in a large bed. It wasn’t his room, and upon looking more, realizes he is still in the palace.

“Mmm... Must’ve brought me in after I passed out yesterday... Well, he wasn’t lying about the headache.”

He placed his hoof to his head, gently shaking his head lightly. He gets out of the bed, and sees that his cloak, Mythril Sword and staff were hung and resting against the wall near the vanity. He goes into the bathroom, stepping into the bath and took the time to bathe, considering all the action he was in yesterday. Plus, it helped relaxed his mind so it can eventually slowly rid the headache he had.

After twenty minutes, he gets out and dries off. He steps out of the bathroom, going to the vanity and takes the time to get his mane done, so it is back to it’s proper spiky style. He grins and nods.

Noticing that the cloak appeared to have been cleaned, as well as repaired as it did take a bit of damage from the battle, he flings it on, fastening it around his neck and making sure it look proper.

He was about to reach for his sword, but then remembered what Crimson said to him in the dream.

”I have noticed, but your potentially seemed to have opened even more... And well, I think you’ll find out when you wake up later.”

Thinking about it, he was slowly thinking about what he meant. Looking down at the gemstone, there was something about it he noticed.

It felt a bit... Warm. And holding his hoof close to it, he noticed it was giving a bit of light off. It was faint, but it was there.

“...Wait... Maybe...” Silver said softly.

He then focused on his blade. He breathed deeply, and just focused intensely at the sword. At first nothing happened, however it began to shutter a bit, as the gemstone around his neck, slowly began to get brighter. He noticed a faint sparkle around the grip of the blade.

“Come on... Come on...” He worded.

The gemstone started to get more warm as it too started to sparkle as well, emitting a cyan glow. The grip was also now shaking more.

“Please... Work.... WORK.” He grunted.

It was then the sheathed blade slide out of its scabbard and flew right at him, but stopped. He flinched, but opened his eye and noticed it floating before him. He noticed the deep cyan blue aura around the grip, and around his gemstone. His eyes widen.

“...I...I... I did it...” Silver said quietly.

Soon he began chuckling.

“I did it.” He repeated a bit louder.

Then just full on laughter.

“YES! I FINALLY DID IT!!!” He screamed in delight.

Any ponies passing by his door, jumped from his sudden screaming, blinking at what was going on in the room. No matter, he was now happy. After years of trying to find methods of pulling it off, all that research he has done, everything he learned... He finally accomplished what he hoped he could do for a long time.

He was able to tap into his unicorn magic.

During the day, Twilight was going around with Cadence as they visit the girls who were in charge of the tasks to prepare for the wedding. It turned out to go a lot better this time, as Cadence tried the fritters Applejack made and absolutely loved them, she was able to see the new dress Rarity made for her and try it on, adoring it much to the delight of Rarity, visit Fluttershy as she listened to the music rehearsal with songbirds and thought it was wonderful, and enjoyed the time she spent with Pinkie as she planned for the reception.

Twilight was just pleased that everything was planned out perfectly.

The following day, the wedding began once again, with everything restored to what it was before the changeling invasion. Everyone was back in their proper places, this time Twilight stood next to Shining as his best mare, Luna was able to join this time, as she stood next to Celestia, and the bridesmaids, including Aquamarine, Garnet and Amethyst, stood behind Applejack, Rainbow, Pinkie, and Rarity, with Fluttershy near her song birds waiting to begin. As for Silver...


An hour before the start of the wedding


“You wanted to see me Shining?” Silver asked.

“Yeah, I was hoping if would be able to manage this task for us.” Shining replied.

Silver listened.

“I know you were mostly tasked with keeping extra security detail, but now that the changeling threat has ended, it seemed only fair if I have you part of the ceremony as well.” He explained.

Silver’s ears twitched.

“Since I requested Twilight to be my best mare, Cadence thought it would be fair if you’d have the honor of being her Colt of Honor. And I agree with her, considering all you’ve done.”

Silver was taken aback by this. He never thought he meant that much to the two, even after being gone for five years.

“I... I don’t know what to say.” Silver replied, stunned.

Shining pats his back.

“Look, Twilight told me what happened to you. It was sad to learn when you mom died, as I was enrolled for training with the Royal Guard and didn’t know about it until my mom told me when I was visiting home. She was a kind mare, and mom enjoyed talking to when they bumped into each other, but I never knew that it would have affected you that much to run away from home and live alone in someplace like the Badlands for the past five years.”

Silver just remained silent about that.

“Well, I always did look up to you Shining. I mean, you are partly the reason why I wanted to be a guardian pony when I was young. Hadn’t my mom passed away, I likely would’ve gone about enrolling to be a Royal Guard, and who knows, maybe would’ve been under your command when you became a captain. Even after I ran from home, training day in and out in the wastelands, I still was determined to make a difference, to be there when I wasn’t able to save my mom from her illness. I swore that I protect the ones I cared for, and it was all because of being a bit of an inspiration.

Plus, I wouldn’t lie to say I did look up to you like an older brother, as much as I looked up to Cadence as a older sister, as I was an only child. I still often think of you two as such.”

Shining just chuckles, before messing with his mane.

“Aw, thanks kiddo. You were always a bit of a little brother too.” Shining said with a grin.

“But as for your guy’s answer: I would be honored to be Cadence’s Colt of Honor. On the condition I don’t wear a tux. I know it is a wedding, and I can only assume this was a last minute decision that you two thought of, and not that I question Rarity’s time in creating formal wear, but me in a suit of any kind is just... Sorry.” He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“Besides, I am used to sticking out like a sore-hoof. Besides, who’s to say I can’t modify this thing to work with a wedding?”


Silver stood across from Twilight, his cloak was now in the style of a cape that covered his body, the mouth around his neck was flared out on each side. He brandished his Mythril Sword, as he rested his hooves on the pommel as the blade’s tip rested in the floor. He had his eyes closed, while a content grin rested on his face.

Twilight noticed the emblem on Shining’s uniform was a bit crooked. Seeing this, she used her magic to straighten it while Shining gives an approved grin, with Twilight giving a proud one. They see their parents, Night Light and Twilight Velvet, stand near the front as the two gently nuzzle each other, with Velvet dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief.

As it started to quiet down, Fluttershy knew it was time to begin. The songbirds began to whistle out the ‘Bridal March’ as everypony all turn to look toward the doors.

The guards by the door pull the doors open, as Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle gracefully hop down the aisle, swinging their little baskets of flower petals to decorate the floor, as the bride slowly marches behind the three fillies. Shining gave a loving smile, while Cadence did the same looking at him.

Twilight then whispers to Shining while they watch Cadence come down.

“Seriously though...” She started.

“I get why the queen of the changelings wanted to be with you, but how did you get somepony as amazing as Cadence to marry you?” She asked.

Shining gave a bit of thought before looking down at her.

“I told her she wouldn’t just be gaining a husband. She’d be getting a pretty great sister, too.” He replied.

Twilight just gave him a thoughtful smile upon that answer.

The girls just look in awe at Cadence, while Rarity starts getting teary-eyed. While not looking, Applejack quickly snuck her stenson on while trying to play it off, scrunching her face looking around. Rarity, of course, wasn’t paying attention as she dabbed her eyes with a handkerchief. Aquamarine, Garnet, and Amethyst just tried to hold it together, but all three of them began tearing up, as Aquamarine held her hoof to her mouth, showing that she was wearing her class ring this time.

Soon, Cadence walks up the steps and stops before Celestia as she turns to look at her soon-to-be husband, as he does the same. Soon, Celestia begins the ceremony, as everyone turns to look at her.

“Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of the real Princess Mi Amore Cadenza–”

“Um... Princess Cadence is actually just fine.” Cadence cuts her off, while giving a sheepish grin.

Celestia blinks and just smiled before resuming.

“The union of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. The strength of their commitment is clear. The power of their love, undeniable.”

The two just stare at each other, smiling contently. Celestia then glances down at Spike, holding the pillow with the rings.

“May we have the rings please?” Celestia asked.

Spike then grins, as he holds them up as Celestia levitates them to the two.

“Princess Cadence, do you take Shining Armor to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, honor and obey, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.” Cadence replied.

“Shining Armor, do you take Cadence to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, honor and obey, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.” Shining replied.

She then places each of the rings onto their horns.

“By the power vested in me, in the land of Equestria, I now pronounce you husband and wife!”

With that the two look to the guest who all began clapping their hooves and cheer. Silver simply taps his blade to the floor, as he smiled being silent. Eventually, Cadence and Shining move to the balcony as all of Canterlot look up at the newly weds, cheering and clapping as the two wave to the crowd.

Twilight and the girls all stood a bit aways from the two as they watched them, while Silver stood beside her. Celestia then walks over to Twilight, looking down at her.

“This is your victory as much as theirs. You persisted in the face of doubt, and your actions led to your being able to bring the real Princess Cadence back to us...”

She looks to Silver as well.

“...Both of you. Learning to trust your instincts is a valuable lesson to learn.” Celestia said, close to Twilight’s ear.

They then move out to the balcony, seeing the two hold each other’s hoof, before doing the post wedding kiss.

Twilight’s eyes began to water, while the others just watch, feeling touched by it all. That is until Celestia leans over to Rainbow, who looks at her. She then said the magic words she has been waiting for.

“That’s your cue, Rainbow Dash.” Celestia whispered.

Rainbow grinned brightly as she jumps up and flew off into the air. She managed to circle around Canterlot, picking up enough speed, heading up and then unleashing a large Sonic Rainboom before flying past the palace.

“BEST... WEDDING... EVER!!” Rainbow screamed.

The crowd just watched in awe at the Sonic Rainboom, something that was still amazing to see.


Evening


The reception has commenced down in the courtyard outside. Ponies were gathered around, while Shining and Cadence begin their first dance. Everyone watched the two, looking so peaceful as they danced in the center. Twilight and the others stood toward the right, watching. Luna then lands down, after raising the moon.

“I haven’t missed anything, have I?” She asked.

“Your still good Princess. But now, I think we should... Liven things up a bit, eh?” Silver asked as he looked to Twilight.

Twilight grinned as she looks to Pinkie, who squeals in delight after seeing the nod. She rushes over to a DJ Booth, which was also accompanied by a small group of ponies all looking ready to jam out for this reception. She then pulls up Vinyl Scratch and gets the record set up and begins playing.

“Let’s get this party started!” Pinkie declared.

Pinkie then tosses over a microphone to Twilight as she catches it with her magic, and just began.


(Twilight Sparkle) (Silver Guardian)

Love is in Bloom
A beautiful bride
A handsome groom
Two hearts becoming one
A bond that cannot be undone

Because love is in bloom
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom
I said, love is in bloom
Starting a life and making room for us

She then passes the microphone to Silver, who catches it with his hoof and starts singing his verse.

Love is in bloom
More than a feeling
Faithful and true
A connection lasting forever
A force holding two hearts together

The ponies all cheered as they booped to the beat, with Cadence and Shining dancing much more faster.

Love is in Bloom (Love is in Bloom~)
A beautiful bride
A handsome groom
Two hearts becoming one
A bond that cannot be undone

Because love is in bloom (Love is in Bloom~)
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom
I said, love is in bloom
Starting a life and making room for us

Lemme tell ya about love, lemme tell it just right.
Coming up from above, call it love at first sight.
Lights up a smile; fills you up with delight,
Gets a little too high when two ponies unite!
It’s like riding a bike but without the pedal;
Evil-doers try to mess it up and meddle.
But you settle ‘em down, give a little to share --
Before you know it baby there’s love in the air!
Ponies care about the weight that accompanies their mate.
They salivate affection and they soon graduate
Towards the feeling of love, they don’t bother to hate.
You better tell ‘em how you feel now before it’s too late!
Then you’ll find yourself blank, down to reminisce
About how ya both met and then shared your first kiss.
Some people hiss at this and start huffing and puffing,
I tell ‘em to stop derping out and I give ‘em a muffin.
Did I stutter? Look, here’s some conveyance:
You heart needs swing and a little bit of Cadence!
You need some cheer, spread it peer to peer;
Keep your lover near and they will wipe every tear!
No fear when you got a bride and groom.
No imminent doom or very intimate gloom.
You may think love is fake, well you’re free to assume --
Let there never be hate because love is in bloom!

A moment is shown as several ponies get their pictures taken.

One of Pinkie on the ground, eating a large slice of wedding cake, with ponies cheering her on, while having her face covered in frosting.

Another of Applejack playing a fiddle while two ponies listen to her.

A cute one of Sweetie Belle and Spike dancing together.

One of the Zodiac Guards, with Aquamarine dancing elegantly, while Amethyst looks to be singing and Garnet going along with Aquamarine, while ponies watch in awe.

Another picture shows Rainbow dancing with Soarin, the former looking so excited about it.

One of Rarity alongside Fancypants.

And one of Silver, tossing his Mythril Sword and Oak Staff high into the air. He manages to grab his blade with his tail and at the same time, balanced the staff on the tip of the blade, balancing it while keeping his blade steady, stunning the crowd.

Because love is in bloom (Love is in Bloom~)
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom
I said, love is in bloom (Love is in Bloom~)
Starting a life and making room for us

Because love is in bloom
(Because love is in bloom)
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom
(A beautiful bride, a handsome groom)
I said, love is in bloom
(I said, love is in bloom)
Starting a life and making room for us
(Starting a life and making room for us)

Love is in bloom
(Love is in bloom)

Love is in bloom
(Love is in bloom)


Soon everyone was outside the front of the palace, as everpony watched as the bride and groom head for their carriage with Twilight and Silver following Shining and Cadence.

“Twilight! Silver! None of this would’ve been possible without you both.” Shining said smiling thoughtfully.

Twilight and Silver just grinned, with the latter nodding.

“Love ya, Twily.” He said softly.

“Love you to, B.B.B.F.F.” Twilight replied as the two embraced.

“You take care of yourself out there, Captain.” Silver said, giving a salute.

“Heh, you take care of yourself out there too, Guardian.” He responded by saluting back.

Before eventually giving each other a hoofist. Cadence then approaches the two.

“Twilight. Silver. You two have made this the most wonderful wedding ever.”

She gives Twilight tight hug.

“To my most favorite little filly I ever foalsat.” Cadence said lovingly.

Twilight giggles.

“To the best foalsitter in the world.” Twilight replied back.

Cadence then moves over, before giving a smirk.

“...What?” Silver looks at her, tilting his head.

She then gives him a light peck on the nose. Suddenly, Silver got deja vu as he stood there, eyes wide, mouth agape, blushing brightly. His mind was broke... Again

“And to the cutest little colt I ever met.~” Cadence said playfully.

“...Guh...” Was Silver’s response.

Twilight just starts laughing.

Cadence then gets in the carriage after Shining.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

Cadence then gasped.

“Oh wait. Almost forgot.”

She then peers out as she tosses the bouquet.

Aquamarine, Garnet, and Amethyst all got ready as they saw it coming. That is until Rarity pushes past the three.

“IT’S MINE!!” She screamed.

She caught it with a crazed look while chuckling madly. That was until the Zodiac Guards all gave Rarity an annoyed and angry look.

“Um... Heh heh... Heh.” She nervously chuckles as she holds it up for them.

Soon the carriage starts moving as down the road, horseshoes rattling, as the crowd all moved forward to wave good-bye to the newly weds.

The girls all moved beside Twilight and Silver, who was still frozen. They just look at him, all breaking into laughter.

“What’s wrong Silver? I thought you were a big, brave stallion who can take on anything. Who knew a little peck on the nose would be your one weakness!?” Rainbow asked.

Suddenly, Silver began moving past the crowd, as he just leaps into a small pond with a splash. It was then followed by a load of air bubbles, followed by what could be considered a muffled scream.

Soon, Silver came back out of the water, dripping wet, but not caring as he moves back with the girls who just look at him.

“...I don’t know what you are talking about.” Silver just replied with a plain tone.

They just laugh again.

“Now this was a great wedding.” Twilight responded with a grin.

Spike then pops up from on top of Pinkie, while they look up at him.

“Oh, yeah? Just wait until you see what I have planned for the bachelor party!” He replied.

Pinkie just raised her brow, while Rarity and Rainbow just roll their eyes the other way.

Eventually the group, including Silver, just all begin to laugh in Spike’s expense. All the while, the fireworks all go off, exploding into the night, into the shape of a heart.


Fields between Ponyville and Canterlot


Crimson stands out in the fields, watching the fireworks go off in Canterlot, the gentle breeze of the wind blowing by them. The tail end of his long coat sways gently in the breeze, his ponytail sways freely to the wind. His hands were resting on the pommel of his unsheathed rapier that glistened in the moonlight.

He then sheaths his blade and begins walking toward the edge of the Everfree, disappearing from sight.


End of one story, prelude to another

Author's Note:

And that is it, Season 2 complete... even though I skipped essentially the whole season, but again, since I couldn't find a suitable chapter that can involve Silver in the dynamic, apart from Interlude chapter, I decided to reference the events at the beginning of Chapter 11 instead, even if I didn't explain all the episodes.

Don't worry, I will make references to some episodes from Season 2 upon getting into the events of Season 3.

These two chapters were ones I were really looking forward to doing, considering how much of a dynamic and story progression one can do that would change the events of the show's canon. It was pretty close.

But, there is still something left to be done, before officially going into the start of Season 3.

Until then, stay tuned!